Study "Date" - Jihan

SVT One-shots and drabbles

Image result for 홍윤

 

I'm falling for you, I'm falling for you. I'm falling for you once again.

 

Jeonghan's ringtone filled the studio. He picked up his phone, sighing that he couldn't hear any more of his favourite song. It was his best friend and secret crush, Jisoo, a fellow trainee. They had entered their company around the same time and stuck to each other among the numerous trainees. Now they had got to know the other ones pretty well, but Jisoo still remained his best friend. 

 

"Hello?"

"Hey Jeonghan"

"What's up?"

"Oh not much. We have finals in 4 days though."

"Is that why you're not here?"

"Yeah. I'm studying. Want to come study with me? Knowing you, you would forget and fail the test."

"Hey, I'm not that bad, Shua." (Joshua was Jisoo's english name, he had lived in America.)

"Did you already forget the time when you got a 60% on that test in grade 2?" (A/N: Korea's grades start at 1 for every school, so 2nd grade here means 11th grade.)

"Oh... Yeah. That."

"Come study with me. I'm in the dorm."

"Won't we get in trouble for skipping practice?"

"I'm usually the one who cares about that, but no, we won't. We're grade 3, they all understand."

"Fine. I'll be there in 15."

"Oh, can you pick up something to drink on your way?"

"Sure. See you."

 

Exactly 16 minutes and 32 seconds later, Jeonghan was in the dorm.

 

"You're late, Jeonghannie," was the first thing that Jeonghan was told as he walked in. "I'll forgive you if you brought me my coffee though." When Jeonghan came into his sight, he extended both of his hands toward him in what Jeonghan thought was a way too cute guesture. Jeonghan handed him one of the drinks in his hands, iced coffee with 2 pumps of vanilla and 2 pumps of hazelnut syrup. He had surprised even himself that he knew what Joshua's favourite drink was. Joshua took a sip and glanced up at Jeonghan with wide eyes. "You got me the right coffee!" He said happily and proceded to pull Jeonghan down to the chair beside him and give him a hug. Jeonghan tried to slow his racing heartbeat with his lemonade that he had gotten because it was way too hot out. (Yes, finals in Korea are in the winter. Who cares though, that would make the story weird.) "Jeonghan, where are your notes?" Joshua asked.

 

"Somewhere." Jeonghan replied carelessly, going straight back to sipping his lemonade. 

 

"Well you need them here." Jisoo said as firmly as he could. Which wasn't very firm, Jisoo was a generally soft human being, both inside and out. 

 

"Would you look for them if I told you they were in my pants?" The older replied in a familar fashion.

 

"Jeonghan,"Jisoo sighed. He had gotten used to the dirty jokes that Jeonghan had a tendency to make, but that didn't mean they annoyed them any less.  

 

"Fine, fine. I brought them. Here." Jeonghan put down a stack of papers on the table, which to Jisoo's surprise, actually seemed to be organized with binders, duotangs, notebooks and dividers. 

 

Jisoo picked up the binder on top, labelled "Subjects I don't Like." In the dividers, he found English and calculus labelled. "Calculus and English?" Jeonghan nodded. "Well, calculus, ew." Jisoo agreed. "But English?" the younger looked up with an inquisitive look. 

 

"Jisoo, you literally lived in America. All of this alphabet actually makes sense to you." Jeonghan grumbled.

 

"Language, Jeonghan. And I suppose that's fair enough. I'll help you on that one, I think that's our first exam." He flipped through the pages. "We can start with some basic conversation, okay?" Jeonghan reluctantly nodded. "Hi, nice to meet you! What's your name?" Jisoo said in both English and a way too peppy voice. 

 

"My name is Jeonghan. What's your name? I need to know what name I'll be screaming later." Jeonghan said in semi decent English. And yet another dirty joke. 

 

"Jeonghan, I thought you needed to work on English?" Jisoo said, switching back to Korean. 

 

"No, I can speak it alright, I just hate it. The dirty jokes are cool though." As an afterthought he added in English, "I like your pants! Can I test out the zipper?"

 

"Oh god, Jeonghan, no. We need to study. How about we do science then?"

 

"We don't need any science when there's already so much chemistry between us." Earning another sight from the younger. "We've been studying for months now, I'm sick of it. Can't I just do you?"

 

"You'll regret saying that," Jisoo said in a very non-Jisoo way. Jeonghan raised his eyebrow in a questioning matter.

 

"Didn't hear you. Repeat that," Jeonghan said very nonchalently, attention mostly on his lemonade and not at all on the papers.

 

"I said, You'll regret saying that later when we're done studying." Seeing he got Jisoo riled up Jeonghan grinned. "Now focus."

 

And focus Jeonghan did. Or at least he tried. It's really hard to focus after someone says something like that to you, especially if they person is your best friend slash crush that you've wanted to forever. (or vice versa, Jeonghan didn't have much preference.) After they finished biology, chemistry, and English, (properly this time) Jeonghan was done. And he didn't show it, but so was Jisoo. 

 

"Can we stop now? My brain feels like it's going to explode." Jisoo took that as a sign that he could now carry out his previous promise.

 

And carry it out he did.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So really short one here, requested by @me_loveshu. If you guys want the part somebody can tell me that and I'll write a part two. Maybe. I was tired when I wrote this. Sorry. It's absolute trash.