Worst (Best) Brother - Soonhoon ft. Suga

SVT One-shots and drabbles
  • Image result for soonhoonImage result for taegi 2017

 

Jihoon's phone vibrated. He jumped a little and cursed under his breath. The short boy was trying to compose something, but every time he tried something, anything, it was wrong. All wrong. That made him almost glad for the interruption. 

 

Soonie: Hey Jihoonie, what's up?

 

The text was from Soonyoung, Jihoon's best friend since kindergarten and definitely not crush. Definitely, absolutely not. He was slightly sad since ever since they first started high school, they had grown apart. They had different interests. Soonyoung was a dancer. Jihoon was more of a singer and he liked to compose. He learned from his older brother, Yoongi, who had a gift for it. His brother also rapped, which Jihoon always about since pale skin, shorter height and an overall cuter appearance ran in their family. Yoongi had led him to composing, which then led to him joining the composing club and the choir, since he sang. Soonyoung was in the dance program instead, and they spent a lot of after school hours apart now. 

 

Jihoon: Not much. Ran out of inspiration. You?

Soonie: Video games. I'm bored Hoonieee

Jihoon: Well what do you want me to do about it?

Soonie: Hang out with me

Jihoon: Fine

Soonie: Actually?

Jihoon: Only because I'm out of ideas

Soonie: Okay I'll be there wait for me

 

Just then, Yoongi walked into his and Jihoon's shared studio. Jihoon waved and started saving what little work he had managed to do that day.

 

"Are you leaving?" He asked, seeing Jihoon's computer monitor. When Jihoon started composing, he had used Yoongi's equipment but after 2 years, he earned enough money (with some savings) to buy basic equipment. Yoongi was nice enough to let him use his studio. He acted like he wanted to kick Jihoon out, of course, but Jihoon was used to his brother and his ways. He never means half the things he says.

 

"Soonyoung wants to hang out," Jihoon replied, trying not to sound too excited. "And I'm all out of ideas anyway." He added as an excuse. Even though Yoongi knew about Jihoon's totally not crush and about it every single day.

 

"Cool. Have fun," Yoongi said seemingly nonchalent. "Be home before supper if you can though." And there comes Yoongi's real side. This was the side that told the truth and stopped acting like he didn't care about people. Tsundere much.

 

Jihoon stepped out of the studio, closing the door behind him. He went to his bedroom and grabbed a jacket since it was still early spring and it was chilly out. He had no idea where he and Soonyoung were gonna go. Barely a minute later, there was a knock on the front door. Jihoon opened it to reveal a grinning Soonyoung.

 

"Why don't you tell me your number key, honestly. I live like a minute away." Soonyoung said as a replacement for a greeting. 

 

"I live with Yoongi hyung, Soon. He'd kill me." Jihoon explained.

 

"But doesn't his boyfriend know the key?" There was a split second of awkward pause as to what Soonyoung had said and comparing them to Yoongi and Taehyung. Jihoon tried not to overthink it as he continued the conversation.

 

"Taehyungie hyung? Yeah, he does. But Yoongi pays more rent than I do." Jihoon said, hoping it sounded natural enough. "Anyway, what are we doing?"

 

"I think there's people at Seungcheol hyung's house today, why not go there?" Soonyoung said. 'People' were their friends. But really, they were more than just their friends. they had all knows each other so long that they were more like brothers than friends. There were 13 of them in total. It had started with twos and threes and at some point, it hit 17, but now there were 13.

 

The oldest is Seungcheol hyung. He's like the dad of their group. Jihoon knew him since he first went into elementary. Jeonghan was the 'mom'. He's like an angel, even though lots of people think otherwise. He and Seungcheol knew each other a long time, too. Jisoo hyung, they met when he moved from America in grade 7. He got bullied a little because he wasn't so good at Korean. They took him in because they felt bad for him and he seemed like a cool guy anyway. The three of them are in their last year of high school, grade 12.

 

There's also Jihoon and Soonyoung's friends. Not like they weren't friends with everyone else, it was just an age thing, Junhui came from China and he had moved at when they started elementry school. His dad is some kind of business man so Junhui is on the richer side of the scale. You could never tell from looking at him though. He looks... Normal. Maybe better looking than the average guy, but normal. Wonwoo had also been around since kindergarten. In kindergarten they had barely known him, he was the smart one, the bookworm and he always seemed to be quiet. Once they had befriended him though a project in grade 3, they knew they had been very, very wrong. Seokmin was always loud, and he still is loud. He was like the complete opposite of Wonwoo. They had met in grade 2, when they were in the same class for the first time. Mingyu's their clumsy tree of an idiot. He's always been too tall for his own good and he trips over things like his own feet or a good amount of air. He's the kid who sat in front of Jihoon in grade 1, and blocking everything. He never meant any bad though, he was the nicest person ever. And Minghao had moved in the middle of grade 8, also from China. Since middle school was halfway through, people already had established friend groups. After an encounter with Mingyu though, Mingyu always dragged him around to hang out with them so he wouldn't be alone.

 

Then there's the maknaes. Seungkwan is like a funnier, cuter version of Seokmin, and a ball of energy. Hansol is always done and always tired. He's half American and half Korean but he had lived in Korea nearly all his life. Chan is in Soonyoung's dance program. He's also the baby of their group and Jeonghan calls him his baby, which then Chan always groans. Seungkwan and Hansol are friends since they were 4, and they met Chan in kindergarten. They had met everyone else through school events and an unfortunate occurence between 'scary sunbae' Wonwoo and Chan. It worked out quite well. Wonwoo only looks scary. If you asked his friends, Jihoon was the real scary one around. 

 

They walked to Seungcheol's house, which was only a 7 minute walk. Once there, they found the door unlocked and walked in. Inside was nearly all of their gang. Jisoo and Hansol were talking in English, of which Jihoon could pick up a few words of. Mingyu had raided Seungcheol's kitchen and was cooking a large amount of something. Seungkwan and Seokmin were having a high note battle, which Minghao was recording. Minghao and Junhui were teaching Chan Mandarin, and the youngest had a puzzled look on his face. Jeonghan was lying on the sofa with his head on Seungcheols head. Seungcheol looked dead inside, what with the mess having 11 of them there, all at his place.

 

"We're here!" Soonyoung announced loudly. "Did you miss us?" Everyone waves at them and throws a couple greetings at them before they go back to their original tasks. Jihoon and Soonyoung plot down on the couch beside Seungcheol and talk. Mingyu finishes making pizza and everyone devours it. Then they start organizing a game of truth or dare.

 

To Jihoon, it only felt like 30 minutes, but several hours had passed and it was already 6. Everyone started dispersing and left one by one. 

 

On the walk back to their houses, they passed the conveinence store. 

 

"Jihoon, we should get ice cream!" Soonyoung said excitedly. Times like this he seemed younger than Jihoon was. 

 

"You had pizza an hour ago." Jihoon resisted. He wanted to go home and finish that song somehow. 

 

"Yeah but this is ice cream!" Soonyoung whined and Jihoon had to pinch himself to refrain from smiling and cooing. Weird.

 

"Are you offering to buy me one?" Jihoon asked, slowly giving in. He would have to deal with a hyper Soonyoung, sure. But it was only a couple more minutes. 

 

"Yeah!" Soonyoung said, sensing that he nearly had Jihoon over.

 

"Okay sure." He gave in with a small sigh. Soonyoung cheered and dragged the shorter into the store with him and into the ice cream section. They both picked one out and Soonyoung paid for both.

 

The rest of their walk home consisted of Soonyoung happily eating ice cream, and Jihoon totally not enjoying it. 

 

Jihoon unlocked the dorr and walked in, heading straight to the studio. His brother was, for once, not in it. He then headed to the kitchen, since it was practically suppertime. Yoongi was on his phone, standing in front of the stove.

 

"Hyung I'm home." Jihoon greeted. Yoongi looked up and nodded at him. "I'm gonna go and see if I can get any work done," he said, and headed back to the studio. He restored his work he was doing previously, only to find himself just as stuck as he was before. Jihoon sighed and played the 30 seconds for the umpteenth time. Maybe he should just give up on this song. He was never the best at the cheery, bouncy themes. He prefered something with more flats or something slower. 

 

Yoongi calls him down and they eat supper. He doesn't really notice anything that goes on then, he's out of it. Yoongi asks him a couple of qestios before giving up and they ate in silence. 

 

After supper, he goes back to working and realizes that his phone was missing only after an hour of nearly no progress. He goes back to the kitchen and finds it on the table. Just then, there's a knock on the door for the second time that day. Since Yoongi seems to be on the phone or something, he gets up to grab the door. When he does, he's met with a plesant surprise. Soonyoung.

 

"Hey Soonyoung," The younger greeted. "What's up?"

 

"Come with me for a sec, it won't take long." Soonyoung answered unclearly, which wasn't like him. He also wasn't smiling quite as much as normal. The shorter wondered if anything was up. He shoved on a pair of sneakers and closed the door behind him as he stepped out. They started walking down a back road, which might have been dangerous, but they were around long enough to know what goes on, and it was nothing too dangerous, not at this time.

 

"Okay? Tell me now?" The shorter asked again, puzzled at his friend's less than normal behavior. Instead of an answer, Soonyoung pushed the smaller boy against the brick wall. He's shocked, of course. Who wouldn't be. It looked just like those dramas on TV. "Ooookay...?" Jihoon wasn't puzzled now. No. His brain had just lost the ability to think, to command his body to do things. Then Soonyoung kissed him. 

 

"You know, Jihoon, if you liked me, you could've just told me." Soonyoung says, calmly, uncharicteristically calm.

 

"How.... Wait, what? But..... Wait..... Why? How?" Jihoon spluttered. Soonyoung smiled.

 

"Yoongi hyung." He said. The shorter made a mental note to both thank his brother and kill him.

 

They were met with Taehyung's car on the driveway of Jihoon and Yoongi's house. Jihoon unlocked the door and...

 

"AWWWWW, look at them, Yoongi! They're adorable!! HI JIHOON! HI SOONYOUNG!" This was said (read: shouted excitedly) very enthusiacstically by Yoongi's boyfriend, Taehyung. Jihoon wondered how his brother, the epidome of tsundere, could deal with the most hyper and loving person. Said brother walked up to the door also and gave a mischevious smile, wrapping one arm behind his boyfriend. Jihoon groaned, but really, he was smiling. He had the best and worst brother of all history. 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUGA OF BTS! I still have 4 requests, but I wanted to write this for Yoongi's birthday, since I'm also an ARMY. I also love Suga and Woozi family AU so here ya go!