Melting - Junhao

SVT One-shots and drabbles

original.gif

 

Minghao took a step outside his home. Almost instantainously he was joined by one of his best friends, Mingyu, who lived in the same apartment building as him. They were quiet as they took the elevator from the 8th floor, where Minghao lived, to the first floor. Mingyu lived only 1 level above him so he always walked down one floor and waited for Minghao. Neither of them spoke much on the way to school. High school was rough in Korea and even though they had just entered their second year, they were always too tired. Neither had the energy to spare to start and continue a normal conversation. Minghao could only imagine how hard it could be for his hyungs a grade above him, Wonwoo, Soonyoung, Jihoon... and Junhui. Junhui was always special to Minghao. He whenever he thought about the older boy, there was something different in the back of his mind. Of course, he never acknowledged it. They were both of Chinese descent - Junhui was the only other one Minghao knew, apart from himself and his family. They were both dancers. In fact, that was how Minghao met almost all of his friends, through a dancing, singing and rapping program called Seventeen. Seventeen consisted of Seungcheol hyung, Jeonghan hyung and Jisoo hyung, who were now all in university, the aforementioned four hyungs, himself and his friends Mingyu, Seokmin, and Seungkwan (Seungkwan was special. He had an early birthday so he went to school an year early), and last, the maknaes Hansol and Chan. Chan was also like Seungkwan and was technically supposed to be in junior high. They would meet up together in a program hosted by Pledis, and those were some of the best times he'd had. 

 

"Earth to Minghao... Earth to Minghao!" Minghao burst out of his bubble to see Seokmin snapping his fingers in his face, Seungkwan standing next to him. "You awake?"

 

"Nah, not really. What's up?" Minghao replied, sleepiness still evident in his voice.

 

"Just saying hi... Manners, you know." Minghao sighed. Seokmin was cheery and happy. Seungkwan was usually even worse, but for the moment, the youngest boy kept quiet.

 

"Seokmin, We've known each other for.. What, is it 4 years? 5 years now?"

 

"4 years and about 2 months." Seungkwan interrupted Minghao.

 

"That's how much time we're gonna spend in detention today if we're late. Let's go," the tallest boy spoke for the first time that day and started striding away with his long legs. The other three decided that Mingyu was right and jogged to catch up to him. 

 

After school that day there was a Seventeen meeting. This was really the only thing Minghao looked forward to these days. School was mostly teachers piling on homework and assignments and projects and presentations. If he went home, all there was to do was more work. The Seventeen meetings were somewhere where he could do something besides sit and work. And see Junhui, a voice in Minghao's mind added. Shut up, he thought back at himself, even though he knew the voice was right.

 

They were making a new choreography for the group for one of their next performances or contests, Minghao wasn't sure which anymore, they were now always so busy with some event or another. That being said, it was only the dacing centric members who were making the choreography. That meant 4 people, including himself. Soonyoung and Chan and Junhui. Minghao's brain felt like it had melted into a pile of mush. Half because it was being overworked, and half because of Junhui's arm that was slung around him. Yes, they were best friends, but Minghao couldn't help but feel more than just friendship towards the older boy. But really, he had no chance. He was pretty sure Jun was straight, and even if he wasn't, what was there to guarentee that he would like Minghao? Nothing. So the small boy kept his feelings to himself. Even if he had no chance at being with Jun in a relationship, it would be better if he could at least be friends with him and stay around him, forever being the silent admirer. 

 

"Okay so at this part we can do the move Junhui suggested, and at that point we're gonna be in a triangle formation with Seungkwan in the front. Can we see that again, Junhui, to make sure it works?" Soonyoung asked and the boy in question nodded and did the dace move with ease, which was pretty impressive considering it wasn't an easy move to make and if he wasn't careful he could get himself seriously injured. Minghao tried not to stare and fanboy too hard but he was almost certain that it wasn't working. And to make matters worse Junhui definitely noticed. He could tell by the smirk and given to him along with the ruffling of his hair. Jun, though, would  probably only take it as a compliment and not think any further about it. After all, he had a lot of other fanboys. And fangirls. 

 

Minghao doesn't remember much of practice that day. His body automatically went with all the moves that had been created themselves, but his brain was out of focus. Minghao, he scolded himself, pull yourself together. He's just gonna be your best friend and you're gonna have to accept it.

 

Practice ended at 11pm, which was pretty normal for them. It was colder than everyone had anticipated it to be, though, and Minghao had to walk home too. Mingyu had another academy or something before he could go home so Minghao was all alone. He was too young to drive a car (according to his parents at least) and the way back to his house wasn't far, he was only wearing a hoodie and it was a late autumn night. He sighed and said goodbye to all of the members. He was just about to start walking when he heard a familiar voice.

 

"I'll give you a ride, Minghao, it's cold out." It was Jun. Minghao would have absolutely loved to say yes, to have Jun drive him the five minutes home. He would jump at ay chance to have to boy alone. Yet he couldn't. He wouldn't be able to deal with it if he let himself be lead on by the older dancer. He shook his head no and started walking away. "What do you mean, no? I can't let you freeze, Hao." Yet Minghao could only refuse. It went on like that for a couple of minutes, until Jun grew quiet. Minghao walked away.

 

The second after, he felt his body being slammed against a wall, the boy he so longed for in front of him, trapping the younger between himself, his arms and the brick wall behind the boy. The younger dancer felt his heart racing and willed it to calm down unsuccessfully. 

 

"Minghao." Jun's deeper-than-normal voice shocked the trapped boy. "Stop playing games right now." Minghao had no clue what was happening, but he was definitely going high off Jun's scent. 

 

"What games?" Minghao looked up at the other dancer with confused, innocent eyes.

 

"Faking innocent, are you? Stop playing games with my mind and sending me fake damn signals. One day, you're all touchy and clingy and the next day you're ignoring me. Stop all this bulls*** right now, Minghao." Jun continued with that deeper tone of voice. It scared Minghao, but at the same time he loved it. That being said, Minghao's brain wasn't processing those words, only the deep, husky tone of the older's voice. "I f***ing like you, Xu Minghao." 

 

Those words, Minghao's brain did understand.

 

But they still made no sense to him.

 

"You... Like me?" Minghao asked, confusion evident on his face.

 

Jun nodded.

 

"I thought I just had a silly crush on you and you'd never like me back," the younger boy replied, still looking unsure about this being reality.

 

"You're so cute, Hao." Jun teased, turning the boy a bright pink. "So we're dating now?" Minghao noticed that his voice had gone back closer to it's normal tone and deepness and felt slightly disappointed.

 

"I guess we are...?" The smaller boy answered but raised the end of his sentene as if it were a question.

 

"Good. Because now I'm free to do this," Jun said, voice deeper than ever. 

 

Minghao felt himself being pushed against the wall harsher. He the felt a pair of lips on his own.

 

And then Minghao's brain stopped working at all.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request from  @xxxjenniekimxxx This one's a lot later than I intended it to be, but at least it's longer than the last one? The last half is completely trash because my laptop acted up so it's unedited, please forgive me. Anyway, hope you enjoyed and comment any request!