Study Buddy (Yoonghyo)

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The feeling is mutual,” that caught his attention. He turned to see the person who just talked.

Was it that obvious? He furrowed his brows.

“Neh,” did he just say his thoughts out loud? A scowl grew on his face.

He was at the library right now with their class vice president, the second smartest in their class. Their class adviser had picked her to be his study buddy. He wasn’t doing really well academically.

Don’t get him wrong, it wasn’t because he was stupid. It was just because he didn’t feel like studying. He was always guilty of slacking off. He just wanted to sleep instead of read.

“If you didn’t want my company, then I feel the same way too,” the person in front of him spoke again.

“Jihyo~ssi, it’s just that I find these boring,” he explained. He just wanted to go to the classroom and sleep.

“Mianhae but you’ve got to put up with this situation until your grades rise,” Jihyo slapped him in the face with the truth. He sighed.

He understood why their class adviser did this for him. That teacher used to tell him he was smart but he just wasn’t making use of it. They were graduating this year and that teacher was just being kind.

 

 

 

A week passed by and he had spent his break time in the library with Jihyo as his study buddy slash tutor at the same time.

If he was given the chance, he could’ve just asked his best buddy, their class president, the smartest in the class, Namjoon, to be his tutor but their teacher was concerned that there won’t be studying that will happen as he and Namjoon loved going to the internet café together to play games. They even skipped classes once to go play with their friends.

His brows furrowed as he encountered a difficult Math problem. He bit his bottom lip. How to do this? He was sure he heard their teacher teach this but maybe he was just dreaming that time.

He looked at the person in front of him. He cleared his throat. The girl was still busy reading.

“Do… do you know how to do this?” he asked shyly while scratching the side of his forehead with a finger.

Jihyo looked at him then to the book he was holding. “You do it like this,” she started teaching him. As soon as he got the equation, he lifted his head up only to see Jihyo’s face close to his.

Jihyo had wide eyes which glistened when she was happy. She had a cute button nose and thin lips. He gulped some saliva while looking at it.

“Do you understand now?” that snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Uh, neh,” he nodded quickly. Jihyo smiled at him. Seeing how beautiful her smile was, his heart beat doubled in speed.

What’s this? He secretly asked himself. He wasn’t sure what this feeling was.

 

 

 

The ride home was usually long so he usually stays at the last seat of the bus. He looked outside. Traffic. He smiled noting that. It was his chance to get some sleep. He then decided to plug in his ear phones to both his ears before closing his eyes.

He felt someone sat beside him. He didn’t open his eyes so he wasn’t sure who that was. His eyes opened as he felt one of his earphones plugged out from one of his ears.

“Mwo?” he was going to protest only to shut up as he saw who that was.

“You like this song?” she asked, excitedly. He smirked and nodded at her.

“I like this song too!” she happily told him.

“Jinjja?” he asked, not believing. She nodded and gave a warm smile. That just made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

The trip home became livelier as both discovered how much they had a lot in common. Now, how was he not upset that someone had cut his sleep?

 

 

 

He was tapping his table. The results of the finals were about to be announced. He was nervous, not because he was scared of failing but he felt like he didn’t want to disappoint Jihyo.

It’s been a month since Jihyo became his tutor and he knew she did everything to help him cope with the lessons.

Upon learning that he was failing, his parents had enrolled him for review classes after school hours but he didn’t go to a single one. Instead, he had asked Jihyo to give him special classes in exchange of anythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter