Gravity (Tzukook)

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is he alright?” she asked, worried.

“I don’t think so,” Jimin shook his head with a worried expression on his face. She bit her bottom lip, of course, he wouldn’t be fine.

“I think you’re the only one who can make him feel better,” Jimin uttered. She raised an eyebrow.

“He wouldn’t talk to us,” Jimin answered her unspoken question. She nodded at this.

“I’ll leave you behind,” Jimin said before leaving. She nodded again.

She knocked on the door.

“I said, leave me alone,” she heard him yelling this out.

“It’s me,” she continued to knock and suddenly stopped when she saw the door being opened, leaving her arm hanging.

The room was dark. She could barely see him but his silhouette was visible to her. He was like this when he gets depressed.

“Can I come in?” she asked. He opened the door a bit wider, enough for her to come in.

She was at his dorm at the moment. She knew he didn’t feel well after that taekwondo competition the day before. She was here to make him feel better again, as the good best friend she was, as always.

As she stepped in his room, she flicked the switch of his lights and watched the bright lights glow. He was fast enough to go back to his bed and cover himself up with his duvet.

She sighed looking at him. She knew underneath that duvet was a very disappointed lad.

She moved closer and sat down on his bed. “You were really awesome when you did that tiger claw,” she smiled, reminiscing the tournament earlier in the day.

“Only you can throw an opponent like that,” she complimented.

“Still, he was able to stand again,” he countered.

“Shall I show you my video of you launching that chestnut fist on that weirdo?” a smirk grew on her face.

“Still… If I didn’t miscalculate my stance, then I would’ve won,” he said, being the stubborn human he was. She sighed at this while shaking her head.

“Still, you were amazing,” she told him. “First or second, you were the most awesome out there,” she continued. She was honest with every word she said.

“Jinjja?” she turned to her. He was already peeking through his duvet, revealing his disheveled hair, most probably due to lying down for long.

She nodded at him before giving him a sincere grin.

He sat up, without breaking their eye contact. He was still really handsome despite it being obvious that he hadn’t gotten up the whole day.

She cut their eye contact when she started feeling butterflies in her stomach. Only he can make her feel like this.

How long has she been feeling this way? For a little while now actually but they were the best of friends. If she was to confess, she was afraid it would only break their friendship.

They’ve been friends since middle school. He was a year older than her but this didn’t stop him from befriending her.

When she looked lost as she was new to his school, he had made efforts to get closer to her. He would drop by her classroom just to spit out random jokes, making her laugh out loud.

When she was picked on because she was quite the loner, he would protect her and even accompany her even when they didn’t have the same class. He even applied to the same extra classes as her. He didn’t need them actually since he was already on the honor roll but still, he would make excuses like it would be better to stay out than go home and listen to his parents’ nagging.

That was how their friendship started. Now, they were already at university, yes, the same university. How did it happen? She already lost count. She also didn't bother as she liked his presence around her. He was always interested in Biology while she took up Business. She did remember him asking where she wanted to go to school to, first in high school, then university.

“Thank you,” this brought her to reality. He reached out for her hand. Her eyebrows crossed.

“Thank you for always being there,” he clarified. She smiled at him.

“When I told you I wanted to do taekwondo, you supported me,” she nodded at him.

He had always told her even when they were in still high school that he wanted to do taekwondo while he supported her love for photography. That was why when they got to college and joining clubs were needed to earn extra credits, she pushed him to join the taekwondo team.

“Remember when I was accused of drunk driving on the same month I just got my license?” he asked her.

“Yah!” she smacked his arm. “You scared me then, I was running to the police station after my last class when I heard that,” she reminisced.

“It wasn’t my fault, the cab driver still turned even when the lights were red.”

“I know! Everyone thought you had some alcoholic drink. We even asked your taekwondo coach to bail you out ‘coz we were too scared to call your dad,” she giggled.

“I had to clean his car every afternoon to repay him after that,” he chuckled.

“Why did you even admit that it was your fault when it’s not?” she pouted.

“Because you knew I wasn’t, that was already enough,” he said this, eyes straight on hers. She could feel blood

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter