Never Not (Tzukook)

Only You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She slowly closed her eyes, her eyelids felt heavy again. It was one of those times again when she cried herself to sleep.

She had been like this for a couple of days now. It’s really rare for her to be like this but sometimes, she just had to let it out. It wasn’t easy to keep bottled emotions. The reasons were usually, her, missing her family, or him.

Him… Has it been almost a week now already?

A tear escaped from her eyes as she thought of this. What has been a week felt like forever for her.

She forced herself to get off from her bed which was her companion for the past few days.

She sighed looking at her now heavily stained pillow, must be because of all the eye makeup she had on mixed with her tears. She should throw this into the wash and change it with a fresh one when they get back home tonight.

She looked at the time. It was still early, something unusual for her as she had been sleeping in. This made her other members worry for her as she normally was one of the first few members to get up first.

She looked around. It didn’t seem like the sun was up. Well, it was still half past 4. The other members with her were still fast asleep too.

She reached for her towel and headed to the bathroom. They had a schedule today. It was supposed to be a jam packed day actually.

They were going to have a come back the next month. They have been practicing day and night. They were doing some finishing touches for their recording as well.

This was good. She was keeping herself busy, an attempt to distract herself from some recent events.

“Oh, Tzuyu~yah, you’re early today,” Dahyun commented with a sleepy voice as soon as she went out of the bathroom. The older girl looked like she could use some more sleep. She just smiled as reply.

She made way so as Dahyun can use the bathroom. She quickly changed into some comfortable clothes, an oversized hoodie and a pair of jeans.

She grabbed her bag but heard something had snapped from her bag. This made her nervous. She furrowed her brows as it was still a bit dark inside their room, trying to look for whatever it was. She managed to see what it was.

She sat on her bed, staring at the small dutch clog slipper keyring that had snapped from its handle.

 

“Mamah, I thought you were coming with me?” she whined with a pout, holding her mom’s hand, not wanting to let go.

“Don’t worry. I’ll follow you in Belgium,” her pout grew even more. “You’re going to enjoy this,” her mom assured her.

She exhaled deep before taking her small luggage with her. She passed through customs and immigration with something bothering her.

“How can I enjoy when I’m going alone?” she whispered to herself.

She had been dreaming of going around Europe but never alone. If it was even possible, she’d love to go there with someone very dear to her.

Yes, him. Yet, he was still very busy. Their comeback was fast approaching and his schedule should be really hectic.

She had not seen him for a week now but he still never failed to message and facetime her.

She was one of the few who first boarded the plane as she was flying business. Her mom even asked her if she wanted to go first class but that was too much for her. The business class should be fine and she should be able to get some rest while on the plane.

She was about to place her luggage in the overhead compartment but another pair of hands had done that for her. Her brows furrowed but just shrugged it off and just bowed to thank whoever it was. She didn’t even care to look at the person as it could just be a kind soul. Also, she didn’t want to be recognized.

She then sat on her designated seat which was by the window. She really liked seating by the window as she loved looking at the pretty, fluffy clouds while taking off.

She leaned her head and closed her eyes. A familiar scent was present. She was hoping what she was thinking was true but she was sure it wasn’t.

She opened her eyes and zipped her handbag open. Her eyebrows met again thinking she forgot something.

“Do you want some gum?” it was like someone read her mind. She liked chewing a gum just before takeoff as it usually helps her from having airplane ears.

Her eyebrows furrowed even more, realizing that voice sounded so awfully familiar. She looked up to see who was offering the gum that she still hadn’t taken.

The person beside her had a huge bucket hat that was covering the eyes. But that shape of nose and lips looked so familiar to her. Then she looked at the gum he was holding. Her eyes were shifting from his covered face to the gum multiple times until she noticed something. Those tattoos!

“Oppa?!” she half screamed but then again closed with her hand. The guy gave her a huge grin, showing off his bunny teeth.

“Oppa!” she half jumped from her seat as she still didn’t fasten her seatbelt and hugged the guy beside her.

He returned her hug. If earlier, anxiety started to take over her, now, she was overjoyed.

“Wait, are you going to the Netherlands with me?” she asked to clarify, looking at him but not releasing him from her embrace.

“Was it you who helped me with my luggage earlier?” she queried, not giving him time to answer the first question.

He nodded to confirm it to her. This should be the reason why her mom said she was going to enjoy this trip.

“I thought you were busy?” she asked. “I thought you were preparing for your comeback?” she continued asking. She had lots of questions she wanted to ask him.

“I thought…” she wasn’t able to continue her interrogation as he suddenly gave her a peck on her lips which caught her off guard.

“We’ve got time. I’ll answer them one by one,” he said as he pecked on her lips again.

“For now, let’s get ready for takeoff,” he suggested as he took her seatbelt and fastened them for her. Her smile was from ear to ear.

 

She sighed. She really loved going to gift shops while she was traveling. This was one souvenir she got from one of those shops they passed by while biking around Amsterdam. He even got the same one as hers.

It had a precious memory. It was a beautiful remembrance of her latest trip to Europe. A very special trip.

Was there a reason why it snapped? She wasn’t someone superstitious but that thought somehow saddened her.

“Tzuyu~yah!” this brought her back to reality. It was Jihyo, peeking through the door.

“Are you ready?” the leader asked.

“Ah, neh,” she quickly stood u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter