| 5 |

| Cat | Kim Inseong | IG |

☯   

A soft yawn escaped his mouth as he wiped the counter with a wet cloth- getting rid of the coffee stains his co-workers didn't clean properly the day before.

That was the thing that annoyed him the most, people not cleaning the tables properly.

But then again, if he told people to do a better job they would just complain and talk behind his back about that he has it easy because he is the son of the boss. Little did they know that it would be his cafe soon, then he would be their boss and then they have to listen to what he says.

A small smile formed on his features as he thought about the day where his co-workers would finally shut up and stop talking behind his back.

"Hi excuse me," he heard a soft voice say. He looked up to see a girl standing there, she was short that's why he had to look down, but she seemed like a nice person- don't forget cute. "I don't think we have met each other yet".

She extended her hand out to him, expecting him to shake it- but instead he was looking at her hand in a sort of trance, in which he was trying to figure out if she was new or that she worked on the days when he wasn't there.

When she softly scraped he woke up from his thoughts and took her smaller hand in his bigger one.

"I think you're right, I haven't seen you around here" he replied.

The girl nodded as she retrieved her hand from his grip, "I'm Latvia- yes like the country".

He snickered, asking her if she was named after the country was not floating around in his head- but always good to know. Latvia squeezed her eyes into slits as she was looking at him before shaking her head- making him question why she did that.

Then it hit him, he didn't introduce himself and the name on his name tag was only the letter Z.

"I'm Z".

"Z, as in the last letter of the alphabet?".

He nodded as he studied the confused look on her face, it was cute as she was thinking about his name. "Some call me Ziven only because it then sounds like an actual name, but I just prefer Z".

He never used his real name, for anything. Even in school he insisted that his name would be kept a secret- it was because his name was different compared to the names of the boys in his class back then.

But he had gotten so used to using the name 'Z' or sometimes even 'Ziven' that he never once thought about using his real name, not even when he started to work at his father's cafe. 

"Well it does sound fierce to me, it's nice to meet you Z" Latvia said after a while, "but I have to get to work, some people here tell me that the boss his son is a pain and pretty uptight".

Latvia said her goodbyes leaving Z stunned behind.

Of course he knew that he always tells them what they have to do better, but a pain and uptight was a little too much. He was going to be the owner one day, that's why he was 'uptight'- he only wants things to go well when he takes over.

When he looked behind him he saw Latvia running into the staff room.

Latvia, what an odd name to name your child. 

☯