| 22 |

| Cat | Kim Inseong | IG |

☯

It was the 11th, three more days before Valentine's day.

Latvia never cared about Valentine's day, it became so commercial that the real meaning to it is lost. That's why she told her then boyfriend that she had no intentions of celebrating it- he had been confused but he decided not to question it.

But now that she was single- her friend made it her mission to make sure Latvia wouldn't be alone for Valentine's day.

"So Via, what about this guy" her friend, Eunha, asked as she turned her phone around so her friend could see it. "He's our age- works at a cafe and he's tall from what I can see".

The description Eunha gave her reminded her of Z. But she couldn't imagine dating Z, mostly because they recently met and started talking.

She looked at the picture but saw that the guy is blonde unlike Z. But he didn't seem interesting to her so she shrugged at her friend, just hoping that it would all be over soon.

"You're so picky for a single lady nearing Valentine's day" Eunha said.

Latvia rolled her eyes, putting her drink back on the table, "you know I don't care about Valentine's day, and you shouldn't. It's all about the money nowadays and not about the love you have for someone".

Her friend stared at her, then rolling her eyes. "Even if it's not about love, it's still nice to post a picture of you and a date on Instagram- imaging how jealous he would be" Eunha said, "since you told him that you don't care about it"

"Sorry to burst your bubble but, he knows I wouldn't celebrate it and definitely not with some stranger you set me up with" Latvia replies.

There's a moment of silence in where both girls are sipping their drinks- thinking about their current discussion and how to change the other her mind.

But Latvia has always been a tough one to crack- she won't be backing down any time soon and Eunha knows that. However she just wanted her friend to be happy and not alone on Valentine's day.

"So it's a definite no to idea of a double date?" Eunha asked.

She still had a spark of hope left- just a little tiny spark that she would say yes and tag along.

That's why she kept staring at her friend- hoping for the word yes to come out of . But the longer it was silent- the less confident she got, until Latvia finally answered her.

"I don't know, I don't like the idea of going out with some guy I don't know" Latvia answered, staring at her drink. "Also it's on Valentine's day- which is not helping at all".

As they got quiet- their surroundings started to get louder, at a volume in which she could hear a familiar voice in the background- of someone who was currently looking at her.

But neither of the girls realised they were the focus of attention of two guys their age.

When they finally looked up from their glass- the guys had already left with their order. It did make Latvia curious on who the familiar voice was who called out to her.