| 23 |

| Cat | Kim Inseong | IG |

â¯

It had been Yuan who texted him to meet at the mall- at first Z had slammed his phone back on his nightstand, only to regret the action and checked if his phone was alright. After turning around a few times he decided to text his friend back and see what he wants from him.

It took him longer then expected to get to the café in the mall- the place Yuan wanted to meet. He could make up any excuse on why it took him so long, but the truth is that he got distracted by his two cats. The little creatures were curled up in a ball and laying on the couch next to each other. Z found it so cute that he had to stop and take a few pictures of them, however C woke up because he was too loud- so to make it up to her, he had been petting her for a good twenty minutes before realising he was meeting up with his friend.

When he arrived, he saw Yuan with his head on the table scrolling through some feed on his phone.

Z was always curious where Yuan got all the patience from.

"Hey, you summoned me" Z said casually as he took a seat at the table across Yuan.

His friend looked up in confusion, gave his friend one look before looking back at his phone.

"Well hello there stranger" he countered.

Leaving Z confused, looking at his watch. He then realized that he made Yuan wait for over forty minutes.

"Wow, I'm sorry bro" he said apologetic, "I'll pay for your coffee, now why am I here".

That seemed to get Yuan's attention as he put his phone back in his pocket as he sat proper on his seat.

"So first, be honest with me Z" Yuan said with a chuckle, "how many cats distracted you on the way over here".

Z bit his lower lip, knowing what he friend was trying to say. "Three, but two of them are my own".

"I knew it" he said as he started laughing, "anyway bro, any plans for valentine's day?".

"Why? Wanna go on a date hoe" Z replies.

Yuan shakes his head, "that's not how you talk to your friend who ordered you food".

"That I have to pay for".

There's a moment of silence, where Yuan is scratching the back of his neck while Z gets comfortable on his chair.

"But why you asking?".

"Because Cyriel has a date with this girl and now he's bragging about how awesome he is, can we just hit him already?".

Z starts to laugh softly, "Oh yeah I saw that but I decided to ignore him".

All of the sudden he suddenly recognizes someone sitting not to far away from them, she flips her dark hair over her shoulder while chatting with her friend. His staring is not going unnoticed as Yuan leans over the table to see what his friend is looking at.

"You know her? Ask her to be your valentine" he suddenly hears Yuan say.

Z simply shakes his head, "she's my co-worker, plus I don't her that well enough".

Right on time a waitress passes them by to drop off their order, Z quickly paid the girl before Yuan could get back at the subject.

"Come on, let's go" Z says before Yuan can get the chance to approach her and talk to her.

Yuan only nods as he grabs their order, giving the girl a final look before following his friend.

As they leave the building, Z looks behind them a final time to see her looking at the space where he sat earlier.