| 13 |

| Cat | Kim Inseong | IG |

☯

When Z was almost at his work he found a small black coloured cat, one that had white paws and a white spot under his chin. It looked adorable, sitting there in front of the pet store- making soft sounds while trying to reach out with it's paw to reach the teasing parrot.

The parrot would tease the cat by moving it's tail back and forth- pretending as if the cat could reach it if it jumped high enough.

It immediately made him smile.

He took a seat next to the cat- looking the other way so the cat won't get suspicious.

Not that it payed any attention to him in the first place, unlike the people walking around the streets- mostly looked at him as if he was crazy, but not minding the boy sitting next to a cat in front of a pet store.

He didn't care people were looking at him funny, he only cared about the jumping cat. There was just something about them that he can't explain- he felt there some kind of connection between him and cats. That they're the only ones who understand him.

"Z" he heard a soft voice say suddenly.

He looked up to see Latvia standing in front of him- dressed in black jeans and the white work shirt everyone needs to wear. She smiled down at him but he noticed that she was confused on why he was sitting on the ground.

"Are you okay? Did you fall or aren't you feeling well?" she asked.

With a smile he pointed at the black and white cat sitting next to him- which made her smile in return. He noticed her smile, he noticed how pretty she looks when she's smiling.

"Is it yours? Because it's adorable" Latvia responded.

Z shook his head with a smile, "it's really cute and especially the paws, it looks like little socks. It's just not mine" he replies her, "anyway I see you gotta work today" he smiled.

"Yeah, how about you".

He gave the cat a final look before standing up and opening his black vest, "guess we are working together again".

"Sounds like fun" she told him, she looked at the cute black and white kitty who was at trying to reach the parrot.

They both smiled as they continued their way towards the cafe.

"So what were you doing there on the ground" Latvia asked him curiously.

Feeling a bit embarrassed he rubbed the back of his neck before answering her, "well I was just looking at the cat, the parrot was teasing the poor cat but it looked cute how it was jumping just to reach the bird".

Latvia smiles with a nod, "you're right, and who knows they might end up as unlikely friends".

"Who knows" he smiled.

Z looked behind them for one last time, glancing at the cat before continuing his way to the cafe- as he has the feeling that this day won't be as bad as he thought it would be this morning.