Chapter 17

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

A/N: i warn you guys, this is a loooooooooooong chapter... i won't be able to update for a week since it's holy week in our country so that's why i made a long update to make it up to you guys... so, without further ado, here's the 17th chapter!

 

 

 

 

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

I lounge myself back on my chair and then place my fingers on my temples. Pain is slowly invading my head and what makes it worse is the agony that remains in my heart.

 

I still can’t believe that all this time, Hyoyeon is related to the personwho caused so much suffering to Sooyoung. Such a small world indeed.

 

But that’s not the thing that bothers me the most… It’s the thought of having Tiffany back here in Seoul. I remembered that Hyoyeon was going to fetch her best friend today from the airport and that she’ll be staying here for quite a long time.

 

What will happen if Sooyoung saw her? Will she forgive her? Will they be together again? Will Sooyoung leave me for her? Aish! So many random questions are running through my mind which just worsened my migraine.

 

Am I afraid of her comeback? Maybe yes? Or maybe not? I don’t know. Things are very unpredictable as of now. Sooyoung is still angry at her and forgiving her immediately is not yet an option. But who knows, no one is incontrol of these things… only fate can tell what’s going to happen next…

 

I stared at my stuffs, wondering how I will carry all of those to my apartment.  Unfortunately, I didn’t bring my car coz I thought my girl will fetch me but instead, I kicked her out of my office.

 

I let out a deep sigh. Am I that harsh to her? I didn’t mean to do that… it’s just, I’m really tired and want some peaceful time just for once.

 

On second thought, why can’t Sooyoung just forgive and forget everything so that she can move on and live happily with her life. What hurts me is the fact that it seems that my efforts and love for Sooyoung are still not enough to fill in the emptiness that Tiffany has left on her heart. Now, I doubt whether she loved me for real, or am I just a rebound of her feelings that are meant for Tiffany.

 

For the second time, Ireleased a deep sigh…

 

“This is so…depressing… Aish!”I said and then slumped my head on the table and screamed in annoyance.

 

With no other options left, I grabbed my phone and dialed the number which I hoped that can give me some help now.

 

“Hey Jess, what’s up?” She said in a lively tone. I guess she is in a good today.

 

“Am I interrupting anything?”

 

“Actually, I’m going to have a meeting with our new business partner. Uhm... Wae? Something wrong?”

 

“Oh, sorry. If you’re busy, then let’s talk some other time.” Feeling dejected, I was about to put down my phone but she stopped me from doing so.

 

“Jess! A-aniyo… I can cancel my meeting. Anyway, she’s just came here from States so I guess she needs to rest first.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes…Anything for you Jessie. So, is there anything I can help?”

 

“Uhmm… I was just wondering if you’re free now.”What a stupid question. She said she’s going to cancel her meeting, you babo Jessica!

 

“Since Iam going to cancel my appointment…hmmm… Yes, I’m off from work now. Why?”

 

“Would you mind if I ask you to fetch me here at my office? I just need a little help carrying my things. But if you’ll have to do something else, it’salr—“  she cut me off.

 

“Sure Jess, no problem. Just text me the address and I’ll go there.”

 

“Jinja? Thanks Yuri! You’re the best.” I smiled with her answer.

 

“Yeah Iknow!Okay, see yah!”

 

TIFFANY’s POV

 

While buying some flowers from a shop, I received a call from my dad’s business partner. Fortunately, she cancelled our meeting today which means I can rest after this visit.

 

We continued the trip and in a few minutes, we have reached our destination. I stepped out of the car and stood before the enormous gateway. I roamed my eyes around the vicinity, and noticed that nothing has been changed except with the newly painted shrines and monuments.

 

Hyoyeon handed me the flowers right after she parked the car and then we started walking to reach her place. It was a quiet and serene walk, in which you can only hear the chirping of the birds and the rustling of the leaves. How I wish my life would be as peaceful like this.

 

Finally, I’m now in front of her and then kneeled beside the well-polished huge rock with her name engraved on it. However, I noticed empty bottles of soju on its left side.

“Hyo? Why are those here? Is it yours?” I asked, pointing to the bottles of soju.

 

“Aniyo… I don’t know whose bottles are those.” She picked up the bottles and continued what she says. “Everytime I was going to visit her, empty bottles are always present here. I guess she has a loyal drunkman visitor.”

 

I placed the flowers in front of her tomb and stared at it for a moment. I closed my eyes and delivered a short prayer before sitting on the ground. Being a nuisance, I put down my phone beside the flowers first.

 

“Tiff, I’ll give you some privacy with her. I’ll be back in our car, just go back if you’re done okay?” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Okay. Thanks Hyo.” I flashed a tender smile and then shifted my focus on the object in front of me.

 

“Taeyeon ah… How are you? I missed you so much…” I placed my hand on the cold rock, slowly tracing the engraved name on it.

 

“Sorry if I didn’t visit you for a long time… Lot’s of stuffs has happened… Like you wouldn’t believe that it would happen though… But look, I dyed my hair. Do you like it?” I released a soft chuckle before continuing the talk between her and me.

 

“Shorty, can I ask you something?... Do you think Sooyoung has forgiven me? Or rather, will Sooyoung be able to forgive my mistakes?” I remained silent for a while, as if I would get a reply from the latter.Suddenly, a swift blow of wind came which looks like an indirect response from her though I remained clueless to what does it means.

 

Then, I didn’t notice that a single drop has already escaped from my eye. I thought it will stop, but it was followed by two drops, three, four, and a series of tears.

 

“Taetae… I’m tired… I don’t think I can handle this anymore… Help me please… jebal…” I mumbled in between of my sobs. These hard feelings, doubts, and regrets that I burden are too much for me to handle. I want to let go all of those so that my life would be back to normal.

 

I missall those crazy things you said before, you left them running through my head… You’re always there, you’re everywhere, but right now I wish you were here. But I know, wherever you are, you’re happy and enjoying yourself out there, right kiddo?” I give a slight punch at the tombstone and grinned at myself.

 

I wiped my tears and stand up from my current position. I looked down at the grave and flashed my last tender eye smile on it.

 

“Taetae, I have to leave now. Your sister is waiting for me so I have to rush now. See you soon then…”

 

I heave a heavy sigh and started heading to Hyoyeon’s location. Somehow, I eased the pain I have by talking to her. It really helped me a lot.

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

I drive off with my convertible from that place though I don’t know where I’m heading to. Why is fate so mean to me? Why does it have to be Hyoyeon? Why does it have to be this way? Things are complicated to start with, but it worsens when the truth has surfaced out.

 

I really hate this day. First, my job was taken away from me, and then now, Jessica is pissed at me. I guess the odd wasn’t in my favor today (a/n: hunger games! Rawr!). I groaned in frustration and pounded on my steering wheel.

 

With that, I hasten my speed without minding the traffic lights’ signal. I pressed down my foot on the pedal further so that I’ll reach my max speed. Since my mind was starting to space out, I didn’t notice a small figure slowly crossing the street from afar. As I approach it, the figure’s image becomes clearer… and clearer… until my senses were back and realized that I was going to hit that little innocent child on the road. In just a matter of seconds, I pulled my safety break which causes a sudden stop of my car. Due to the strong impact it has brought, I accidentally hit my head on the steering wheel and then bounced back on my headrest.

 

“Ughhh…!” A sharp stinging pain suddenly struck my head. Damn!It made me dizzy for a while and yeah, I got a bruised on my forehead but then I looked back on the child in front of my car and luckily, he was still okay aside from the fact that he is crying, maybe he was shocked to what is supposed to happen.

 

I stepped out of my convertible to check on the young boy. I kneeled to him and cupped his face.

 

“Yah, gwaenchana? Sshh… Don’t cry little boy… Everything’s okay, you don’t have to cry baby.” I tried my best to console the child in front of me but I failed. Just then, a furious woman is approaching us. I have now the idea that this woman is the young’s boy mother. She immediately hugged her son and wiped the tears on his face.

 

“U-uhmm… Ahjumma, mianheyo… I didn’t mean to scare your child but you don’t have to wor—“ I didn’t finished what I said because a hand suddenly landed on my face.

 

“Yah! Are you trying to kill my child?! Next time, get your mind out of your and drive properly! Aish!” she scorned at me and then carried her son.

 

I placed my palm on my cheek, rubbing it to ease the pain. However, I still bowed to the old woman while giving my outmost apology for the incident. When they departed, I kicked my car’s tire and get back inside.

 

“Aish!... What the hell is wrong with you Choi Sooyoung?” I rested my head and placed my palm on my forehead since the pain is continuously throbbing on it. Losing hope to find something to make me feel better, I went to a nearby store and buy a bottle of soju. Then I started to drive and decided togo to my drinking buddy. I badly need her now.

 

 

AUTHOR’s  POV

 

--IN JESSICA’s OFFICE—

 

Yuri has already arrived on Jessica’s place and helped to carry all her stuffs.

 

“Sorry Jess if I made you wait, I was caught in a traffic on my way here.” She said while putting the things on her black BMW’s compartment.

 

“It’s fine… It’s me who should be sorry… I’m sorry for disturbing you, Yuri”

 

“Tsch. Don’t worry Jess, I’m really fine with it. Anything for you.” Yuri looked at Jessica, and she did the same thing. Then silence takes over them. Due to the awkwardness it has brought to them, Yuri initiated to break that silence.

 

“Err… Should we go? It’s getting dark soon… “

 

“O-okay…” Jessica mumbled and then ride into the car while being guided by Yuri.

 

Throughout the trip, both of them were silent as Jessica was juststaring out of the window. Yuri didn’t try to ask why Jessica is like that because she felt that the girl doesn’t want to talk about it so she just let herself be curious about it. Besides, she sensed that the probable reason of this is Sooyoung.

 

When they reached Jessica’s apartment, Yuri stepped out first and opened the door for her. Such a gentlewoman, Jessica thought. After that, Yuri carried all of Jessica’s things and place it near her door.

 

Standing nearby her door, Jessica faced back to Yuri and give thanks for all the help she lend to her.

 

“Yuri ah, thank you so much.” She smiled softly and hugged the girl tenderly.

 

“You’re welcome Jess… You just called the right person to help you.” She pulled out from the hug and then placed her hand on Jessica’s right cheek. Jessica then reaches for her hand, put it down and pressed it gently.

 

“Hmmm, Thanks again… oh by the way, would you like to have dinner inside? C’mon…”

 

“Ahhh… Jess, maybe some other time? I already set a dinner with my father… Sorry” She said apologetically.

 

“Oh, that’s okay… There’s always a next time right?”

 

“yeah… So, I have to go now…”

 

“Nae… Be safe while driving okay?” Jessica waved at her. But before she entered the house, Yuri came back and pulled her hand.

 

“Uhhmmm… Jess… if there’s anything that’s bothering you right now, you can always talk to me…” She said while looking straight to Jessica’s eyes.

 

Jessica sighed and then forced a smile. “Y-yeah… I’ll remember that…”

 

With that, Yuri hugged Jessica again before going back to her car and drive away.

 

--Back to Sooyoung’s Car—

 

Being a lil bit dizzy due to her injury, Sooyoung kept her speed at normal pace in order to avoid what has happened earlier. As she came near to her destination, she saw a red Porsche coming from the opposite lane. She stared onto it for a while since someone has caught her attention. She saw someone on the passenger’s seat that seems so familiar to her.  A very very familiar face in her life… Her heartbeat is quickly increasing its pace and any time at this moment, she may have a heat attack.

 

“Tiff… “ she uttered while watching the Porsche pass by her. She shook her head and mentally slapped her head.

 

No, that’s not her… She’s on the other side of the world so why would she be here?, she rationalize to herself. She thought it was just her hallucination, probably because of her previous accident. She smirked at her foolishness and continued driving.

 

When she reached the gate, she stepped out of the car and brought out the soju with her. She opened it while walking and took a sip, wanting to shrug off the uneasiness she is currently experiencing.

 

After a short walk, she stood in front of a tombstone and gaze at it for a while. She noticed a new bouquet of white carnations on it, knowing that there must have been someone who recently visited her buddy.

 

“Your sister already visited you, am I right Taeyeon ah? She even cleaned the mess I left… I guess she’s pissed out because of that…” She curved her lips upward and then takes a sit in front of the grave.

 

Unknown to the others, Sooyoung has been constantly visiting Taeyeon’s grave for quite a long time. It has become her habit to have a chat with her whenever there’s something troubling her, including her grudge for Tiffany. Though everyone is aware that Sooyoung blamed Taeyeon for Tiffany’s rejection of her proposal, little did they know, Sooyoung chose to forget those things and put all the blame on the one who’ssolely responsible of this. Besides, Taeyeon was her best buddy when the girl is still alive.

 

She slip out a deep breath and drank a portion of the soju again. “Yah, Taengoo… I met your sister Hyoyeon just this afternoon… Did she tell you that? Hmmm… And you know? Jessica has been working with her all this time!” She took another shot of the liquor and placed her palm on her face.

 

“Arghhh… Now, she’s angry with me because I forced her to drop her job. You know Hyo would not be happy if she will know that Jessica is the one whom i replace Tiffany with right? I was just doing this for her own good but why can’t she understand that!” Her voice rose a bit and then again, she drank all the remaining contents of the bottle.

 

--ON HYOFANY’s CAR--

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

Finally, we’re now heading to my hotel. Hyoyeon prepared everything before I came here so I’m really thankful for her efforts.

 

I look for my phone to call my dad’s friend here in Seoul to ask him the details of our appointment tomorrow with the Kwons. However, no matter how I look inside my bag, I still can’t find my phone. Just then, I remembered that I left it besides Taeyeon’s grave when I visited her.

 

“Fany, is there something wrong?” Hyoyeon asked since she noticed that I was a bit restless.

 

“Yeah… I left my cellphone in the cemetery… Err…”

 

“Mwo? Aish. Dyeing your hair is really not a good idea. You’re being forgetful now!” She said jokingly.

 

“Yah! Can we please go back there? I badly need my phone.”  I pleaded.

 

“Hmmm. Do I have a choice? Arasseo…” With that, she took a U-turn and speed back to the cemetery.

--BACK on TAEYEON’s GRAVE—

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Sooyoung placed both of her hands on her head and tried to massage it since the pain starts to throb again, and her dizziness also intensified due to the alcohol. Unconsciously, the tears that she was fighting back to hold on since her quarrel with Jessica has finally came out of their chamber. She never knew that letting out these signs of weaknesses will make her feel better even for just a little while.

 

“I look like a babo in front of you isn’t it? Tsch. Yah, don’t make fun of me arrayo? Be ready when I got there… I’ll make sure this fist will land on your once I saw you there…” She handed a fist in front of the tomb, while saying those jokes. Because of that, she laughed at her actions and since it was getting dark, she decided to get up and go home.

 

“See you soon then, Taeyeon ah…” She waved weakly before turning her back on the grave. But before she moved away, she came back on the tomb and left the soju bottle beside it.

 

“Mian… I drank all of those. Don’t worry, I’ll buy some more when I came back here.” She chortled and then stood up again.

 

Just then, with the silence embracing the whole place, she heard someone called her name.

 

“S—Sooyoung?”

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------

eottoke? what should i do? should they meet now? bwahahahahaah! that's it for now guys! thanks for reading! XD