Chapter 18

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: hey guys, finally! I’m able to post this up! Honestly, I was really having a hard time on writing this one. This is indeed one of the (hmmm… there’s more? haha!) of this story so I am very pressured and nervous about this. You know, lots of ideas popped out of my mind, I even argued with myself (as crazy as it may seem) if I will make a bit happier chapter, or a harsher one (evil laugh..HAHA). It’s up to you to see what I’ve pondered upon of. Gosh. I’ve edited this lot of times, a lot lotlot of times… more than you could imagine. Hehe.Anyway, sorry if I wasn’t able to meet your expectations. Okay,enough of the blabs, here’s the update! (I suggest you listen to 2AM’s I wonder if you hurt like meand One more secondwhile reading this J:)) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_Q1Q3l-yM4

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

“S—Sooyoung?”

 

Upon facing the source of the voice, Sooyoungwas dumbfounded to saw who it is. It was then that for the second time of the day, she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her… but it wasn’t.

 

The tall girl doesn’t want to believe that it was actually the person shethought it would be. Shewant to say something but seems to dry up.

 

At that moment, her body stiffened and her feet remained glued onto the ground. Both of them stared at each other for a while, which Sooyoung regret to do so since it is such a painful view to look upon…for her. The girl, who shewanted to forget for causing a huge misery in her life, is now standing in front of her.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany felt her heart was fluttering like crazy because who would have thought that they’ll meet again, especially in front of Taeyeon. It seems that the heaven has heard her prayers that’s why she’s happy in this coincidence though fear and doubts are still lingering on her thoughts. She’s afraid to know that the taller girl hasn’t forgiven her yet.

 

“Miyoung…”Sooyounguttered in a surprised tone. Hearing Sooyoung’s voice calling her name once again was like music to Tiffany because she missed this girl so much.

 

They remained looking at each other, who knows how long they stood there like statues, but the only thing is for sure is that awkwardness and uneasiness seems to engulf them throughout the time, since no one has the courage to speak up again.

 

Finding the right words to say, Tiffany spoke up breaking the silence between them and flashed a weak smile towards the latter.

 

“Sooyoungie…It’s been…it’s been a while... How are you?”

 

“………..”

 

Sooyoung remained silent for a few seconds and smirked at Tiffany’sinquiry.She wonders how the latter still manage to be calm about this.

 

“I’ve never been better since that day…Tsch…Sooyoungie? Still have the guts to call me with that name?”the tall girl chuckled dryly.

 

With that, Sooyoung lowered her head and clasped her hands. She doesn’t know why but shehas this urge to cry her heart out loud but there is this part of her that tells her not to.

 

Being hurt with the taller girl’s response, she let out a sigh and bit her lip. She sensed that Sooyoung hasn’t forgiven her yet after all these times. Again, another wave of awkward silence takes over the place.

 

“I—I’m sorry… I guess I’m still used to it…” Tiffany broke off while fiddling over her fingers just to release the tensed feeling in her.

 

“By the way, what are you doing here? Are you also visiting Taetae?” She asked innocently projecting her warm eyes on Sooyoung.

 

Being the one who’s more agitated, Sooyoung avoided having another eye contact with the shorter girl. Just then Tiffany’s sight was caught by the soju bottle and said to herself that it must have been Sooyoung who’s leaving those on her friend’s tomb. That gave her a little relief since she was grateful that Taeyeon was now out of the mess between her and Sooyoung.

 

“It’s none of your business…” Sooyoung gave a stern reply and started to walk away. But before she gained enough distance just to walk away from that place, Tiffany managed to grab a hold on the taller girl’s hand.

 

The sudden skin contact sent an electrifyingsensation for both of them, which travelled throughout their body and caused the taller girl to stop from moving, moreover, weaken her knees. Now, Sooyoung hates herself for responding like that to such actions because in the first place, she shouldn’t have felt that way. That caused the shorter girl to retreat her hand and took a deep breath due to uncomfortable situation they were in.

 

Tiffany faced Sooyoung’s back and said “Uhmm, Sooyoung…I’m sorry… You don’t know how much I regret the things I’ve done… I—Ifthere’s anything you want me to do just to make you feel better, tell it to me… and I’m more willing to do it for you.”

 

With that, a painful memory surfaced again on Sooyoung, which is then followed by another throbbing pain in her head.

 

“Sooyoungie… I’m sorry… I…I…”

“Why?” a short but stern reply from me.

“Soo…” She caressed my left arm but I shrugged her off. “You know how much I love you right?”

“You love me? Oh really? Is this what you call love?!” Anger, hatred and sarcasm are really now gushing out of my humanity.

“Sooyoungie, please don’t make this hard for me…”

 

“Stop...”The taller girl retorted.

 

“Soo…I know I’m asking too much from you… but at least, please give me a chance to explain.” Tiffany pleaded. She wanted to breakdown but she stopped herself from doing so.

 

“I don’t wanna hear it.”Sooyoung said coldy but still, Tiffany pursued to continue the discussion and unexpectedly, she burst out.

 

“Yah! Could you not be stubborn just for ONCE?! “

 

“Enough! I said stop this!”Sooyoungexclaimed and turned around at Tiffany.

 

 What surprised Tiffany are the tears that are now visible running down on Sooyoung’s face.Sooyoungis not yet ready to hear any of her sentiments nor to bring up the past because the problems she’s been dealing lately regarding her job and Jessica are too much to handle already.

 

Jessica…Where are you? I need you now.

 

“What’s the point of apologizing? It won’t change anything… It’s… pointless.”She said bitterly while avoiding to lookat Tiffany’s orbs.

 

“Sooyoung… Mianheyo… I-I don’t know what else to say…”Tiffany replied remorsefully while looking down.She wanted to comfort and hug the girl in front of her, to make her feel that she still means a lot to her… but she can’t.

 

With this cold personality Sooyoung has turned into, the guilt and regret she kept inside her just worsen. She definitely made the cheerful, enthusiastic, and patient Sooyoung into a coldhearted, vain and sorrowful human being.

----------

Hyoyeon’s  POV

 

I’ve been waiting for Tiffany whose been looking for her phone but until now, she hasn’t come back yet.

 

Aish, this girl… What made her look for that phone this quite long? I scratched my head in frustration.

 

Because of that, I decided to get out of the car and follow her in case she had a hard time on finding her cellphone.

 

But suddenly, rain quickly poured down which made me go back to my car.

 

“Oh sh*t… Why does it have to rain now huh?”I rummaged at my car’s deck for an umbrella and luckily, I found one.

 

---------

 

JESSICA’s POV

 

It’s already 8:00 pm and until now, Sooyoung hasn’t call me nor sent a single text message to me. Now, I’m really worried what she’s doing right now.

 

“Did I hurt her that much?“ I asked myself. The more I stay here in my apartment alone, the more I become anxious with our situation.

 

I have lots of question in my head but I can’t seem to find even a single answer for any of it. I guess thinking about this is driving me nuts.

 

“Eeeeeeeeeeing!” I give off my famous dolphin scream and ruffled my hair to release this eerie feeling I have since the moment Sooyoung left me in my office.

 

I can’t take this silent treatment anymore. If she doesn’t want to talk to me, then I’ll make the move.

 

With that, I get up from bed and grabbed my phone. I went near the window to get a clear signal and started dialing her number.

 

The number you dialed is either not available or out of coverage area. Please try your call later. The num—“I shut down my phone and throw it on the bed. Did she turn off her phone?

 

“What the hell has happened to you, Youngie?”

 

Suddenly, drops of water start to drizzle on the outside, which bothered me a lot since driving on a wet road may be dangerous for Sooyoung. She can’t afford to experience another accident due to her previous head injury.

 

To refresh myself from this uneasiness, I went to the kitchen and grab a glass to drink cold water.Grabbing an empty glass from the counter, I strode over to the refrigerator and took out a pitcher. Once the glass is filled, I stretched my arm and placed it on the table before putting everything back to its original placement. Unaware of where Iam looking when I situated the glass, it slipped onto the floor as water splattered and pieces shattered everywhere.

 

“AishPaboya! What’s happening to me now?” I heaved a deep sigh and bent down on my knees to begin picking up the shards cautiously. I place the pieces one at a time into the trash bin carefully to avoid cutting my finger. However, some injuries are unavoidable and so, a wound is created on my point finger. Thankfully, the cut wasn't deep and doesn't hurt, but blood is still surfacing gradually as I stared at it.

 

Oddly, this wound somehow gave me another weird feeling when examining it. My heart pounded faster and still wondering what is this discomfort I’m feeling all about?

 

---------

 

Sooyoung continued to give a silent treatment on the other girl, thinking that it will soon go away once she didn’t responded to her. Just then, the weather seemed to sympathize with them that’s why droplets of water started to pour down, until it turned into a shower just enough to cover up the tears that has previously marked her face.

 

However, regardless of the rain’s noise,she managed to hear the shorter girl making faint sobs, whichmade herheart beats faster than its normal rate and pitied how Tiffany fought her crying not to be heard by her. Just then, her eyes found its way looking back at Tiffany, as if there was a magnet pulling her sight towards her.

 

For the first time, Sooyoung got a clearer view of the shorter girl. With the lamp post’s light shining over Tiffany, she must admit that her new hair color suits her very much but at the same time, it seems that she became skinnier and paler.

 

What’s confusing Sooyoung is no matter how much she hates Tiffany,there is something inside her that wanted to empathize or console the girl…She’s telling herself that what she currently feel is wrong, but her heart says otherwise.

 

This time, Sooyoung finally made a decision and was able to take the very first step, wishing this will ease the agony between them.

 

In just a matter of seconds, it seems that her feet have its own mind because she already found herselfin front of Tiffany. Feeling the presence of the taller girl, Tiffany looked up with teary eyes and was shocked to see Sooyoung in front of her, considering that there’s only a minimal space left in between of them.

 

“Miyoung, y-you said to me earlier that you would do anything just to make me feel better right?”

 

Sooyoungasked looking at Tiffany with a blank expression. Without waiting for the shorter girl’s reply, Sooyoung slowly lifted her other hands and shove the hair that was blocking Tiffany’s face on its ear. Again, a rare feeling run through her nerves due to the touch but soon get used to it since it is what her heart desires… she was very eager to give Tiffany a warm embrace…

 

She was about to wrap her arms on the shorter girl…

 

but…

 

“Sooyoungie… I’m sorry…”

 

Those words kept repeating on her mind like a broken tape. She recalled the moment when Tiffany rejected her proposal… Her face, her tears, her sufferings, all of those miseries, are again seeking recognition of Sooyoung’s awareness and conscience.

 

She lowered her head and says something near to Tiffany’s ears.

 

 

“I…

 

 

 

 

I…

 

 

 

 

I want you…

 

 

 

 

to get out of my life…”

 

 

 

 

“B—but…” Tiffany looked at Sooyoung confusingly.

 

Sooyoung immediately retreated herself away from Tiffany, while Tiffany was stunned from what she heard. She thought that there was something good that was about to happen, but she was wrong. Besides, it is always wrong to assume things since most of the time,it’ll just hurt you, she thought to herself.

 

“I don’t want to see you again!... Ever…”Sooyoung burst out while welling up with tears and gritted her teeth. She can’t bear this dilemma anymore so she started walking away from her spot and leave Tiffany hurt under the rain.

 

Tiffany fall down on her knees and continues to let the tears come out… She thought, it was the best way to relieve herself from the sorrow she has been experiencing.

 

On the other hand, Sooyoung was struggling to continue walking after taking a few steps away from Tiffany since the pain on her head started to attack again. She assumed that it was just a simple discomfort but the pain worsen to the point that blurred her vision, until she loses her balance and fall to the ground.

 

Due to the loud thud, Tiffany’s attention was drawn by it and quickly brought herself near to fallen girl.

 

“Sooyoung!Omo… g-gwaenchana?...Sooyoung…” Tiffany lifted Sooyoung’s head and placed it on her lap. She wanted to carry the girl but due to height difference, she can’t do this.

 

Sooyoungcrouched and placed her hands on her head, trying to ease the pain but none of it helped her. Seeking ways to make Sooyoung feel better, Tiffany pulled Sooyoung towards to her and then bowed her head while straddling the girl in order to shield her from the pouring rain.

 

“Sooyoungie… Please stay strong… I’m sorry for this…Jeongmalmianheyo…” Tiffany said in between of her sobs. She was really worried on Sooyoung’s current condition.

 

Fortunately, someone came running towards their location. “Fany ah!What are you doing there?”

 

Tiffany looked up to the stranger, only to realize that it was her bestfriend.

 

“Fany what happened?? Omo… Is that—“Hyoyeon dropped the umbrella she’s been holding upon realizing whom Tiffany is with.

 

 

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------

 

A/N: There you have it… SORRY FOR ALL THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS… please forgive me, hehehe. I know this update but I still hope you’ll have a time to read this. Okay, see you again next time! *hides under the rock* bwahahahaha! Don’t forget to drop your comments^^