Chapter 22

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update. Hehe. And this chapter is kinda short. I’ve been busy looking for a job…ohohohoho. O.o. anyway, here’s the update! ITALICS ARE THOUGHTS. SORRY FOR WRONG GRAMMAR =)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

 

Though my headache started to knock in again, I continued driving towards her place. I fixed my gaze on the road while she remained silent throughout the trip.

 

I took few glances at her once in a whilejust to check on her. She was staring through the window, she yawns at some point, and then she seems to be sleepy. However, my reflex was not fast enough thus, she caught me glancing at her.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Tiffany asked nonchalantly. I guess she’s still pissed off with our past conversation.

 

“N-nothing…” I blinked my eyes and quickly avert my attention on the road. Pabo Sooyoung!

 

I took a turn at the next avenue only to found out that the road was jammed with cars due to the heavy rain. Sh*t! why does it have to be traffic here?!!

 

Then I remembered Jessica. I haven’t called her yet since my phone was out of battery. I’m sure that she’ll be worried where am I, especially when she knew that I was with…Tiffany.

 

The traffic is taking too long and we still remained in our spot for about 10 minutes. After that, the cars started to move but only up to a minimal distance. This is really freaking me out.

 

“Aishh… Yah! Get your car out of the way!” I exclaimed outside and honkedsince a car was maneuvering to take a U-turn in front of us.

 

“Sooyoung, will you please calm down?” Tiffany scolded me. She’s always like that when we’re still together. Yeah right, memories…Stop reminiscing will you?

 

I looked at her and sighed. She’s right, I need to calm down. Shouting and bickering at others just worsen my headache. With that, I lean on the headrest and close my eyes.Argh…curse this headache!

 

Just then, I felt her hand touched mine on the steering wheel. I flinched at the sudden touch but soon enough, I got used to it. She gently squeezed my hand and looked at me with concerned eyes.

 

“Soo, are you alright?”

 

“U-Uh…Yes…”

 

“You’re lying. I can see that.”She’s right, she knew me very well.

 

“I’m not…” I lifted my head and continued driving until cars stopped again.

 

“Headache?”

 

“I said I’m okay… You don’t have to wor—“

 

“Do you have some painkillers here?” Without any further ado, she rummaged my deck and found what she’s looking for. “Oh, here… drink this.”

 

“You are…very persistent.” I said in a matter-of-fact tone and complied with her request. I heard her giggle and that made my heart skip a beat.

 

After that, we re became silent again. I don’t know why but I’m wondering why I feel more at ease now compared at our meeting at the hospital. I also noticed her change of mood from being annoyed to being concerned at me. I am glad that in a short span of time, we are quickly progressing. I guess, the confrontation we had earlier took out a large spike from my heart. Having said those things that I hid for a long time made me feel a lot better.

 

And then again, reality surfaced out from my senses.

 

I shouldn’t be thinking like this…

 

I already have a girlfriend and I love her…so much.

 

However, it seems like I still have something…I don’t know what…but something that Ifeel towards her…

 

This is wrong…really really wrong…

 

Isn’t it too early to take things lightly? Should I forget and forgive now?

 

‘Nae… You’re taking things too fast Sooyoung. Slow it down,’ I thought.

 

“Sooyoung…Soo!”I heard her speak and gently nudged me.

 

“W-what?”

 

“You were...zoning out. The cars are already moving.” She said teasingly and smiled at me.

 

“Oh…” I scratched my head and drive the car until they stopped moving again. Two more blocks and we’re there. Patience Soo…Patience. By this time, I badly needed to call Jessica or else, she’ll shower me with her overwhelming coldness.

 

“U-uhm… Tiff…”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Caniborrowyourphone…?” I asked shyly in which I hated afterwards for slurring those words.

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

 

I really hate traffics. I mean, who wants to endure a long, boring and annoying traffic? But this time, I never thought that being in traffic will be enjoyable and a moment to remember at the same time.

 

I wish this would take longer so that I can be with Sooyoung more… Sounds selfish? But be selfish as it is… I don’t care. All I want is to iron things out between us and see what future will bring to us… even if she’s already with somebody else.

 

But then, my train of thoughts is suddenly shattered when I heard her speak.

 

“U-uhm… Tiff…”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Caniborrowyourphone…?”

 

“Huh? What is it?” I honestly didn’t get what she just said.

 

“Aish… Forget it.”

 

“Yah Choi Sooyoung, I thought you I heard you ask me something.” I smiled at the view since I love it when I see her shy.

 

“I-I said…Can I…borrow your phone? Mine’s already dead.”

 

“U-uh… Sure… Here.” I handed her my phone and she took it. With that, I already knew what she’s going to do.

 

“Are you gonna call her?” I asked which turned her attention to me, probably, she’s surprised with me being straightforward. She got what I meant and she just nodded. Just then, a pang struck on my chest, when I know that she’s doing this for her girlfriend.

 

Very sweet. She managed to find a way to call her girlfriend at this point of time, I thought.

 

After a few minutes, she gave back the phone to me and I saw her frowned.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“She won’t answer it…” She sound dejected.

 

“Maybe… she’s just being cautious… She doesn’t know my number.” I said lowly.

 

“You think so?”

 

“Yeah…and maybe… she’s angry? I don’t know…” I can’t think of what to say. I hated her for a moment for asking my opinions regarding her girlfriend.

 

I heard her sigh and continued to drive. Finally, the traffic is now flowing smoothly.

 

“What’s her name?” I mentally slapped my head for asking that question. It’s…all of a sudden.

 

“Huh?... uhmm…  Sooyeon…”

 

“Sooyeon? Sounds nice…”Hmmm, Miyoung sounds better. Haha!, I shrugged my thoughts knowing that it’s petty.

 

“…well, she hates her Korean name so everybody calls her Jessica.” She giggled with her focused remained on the road.

 

“See? I’m not the only one who hates her own Korean name.” I forced myself to smile though I’m not comfortable talking about this.

 

I shouldn’t bring up this topic in the first place!,i said to myself.

 

“Haha. But she’s worst. She shot me with her cold stares and then she won’t talk to me for God only knows how long it is! She won’t even let me sit beside heror eat with her. I tell you… It’s..torture.”

 

I just listened with her blabs and tried my best to fix the smile I’ve been struggling to put on. And finally, we reached the hotel. After we parked,she stopped talking when she noticed I became silent. We remained sitting in the car, in which I didn’t dare to speak again.

 

“T-Tiffany… I didn’t mean to imply a-anything or what… I was just carried away… I’m sor—“

 

I didn’t let her finish what she has to say because now, I am REALLY…JEALOUS right now.

 

“Do you love her?” I asked abruptly and bitterness can be sensed on my tone. Because of that, she suddenly stopped the car and look at me puzzled. I looked back intently to her eyes, stupidly hoping that she’ll answer otherwise.

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

“…of course… I do love her…” Sooyoung mumbled those last words which can be barely heard but loud enough for Tiffany to hear it.

 

“More than you love me?” the shorter girl was preventing herself not to shed another tear but hearing those words makes it hard.

 

You asked for this, now, don’t be such a crybaby!,Tiffany thought.

 

“……..”

 

“What? Aren’t you gonna answer me?” Tiffany pushes through with her inquiry even though she’s really hurt right now.

 

“……..”

 

“Sooyoung?”

 

“……..”

 

Sooyoung still didn’t answer anything while Tiffany, on the other hand, can’t handle this anymore so that’s why she blasted and lost control of her emotions.

 

“Yah! Don’t you love me anymore?!”

 

“My gosh, Miyoung! I have LOVED you more than you could ever know!”Sooyoung retorted as she was clutching hard on the steering wheel.

 

“You loved me… and you quickly replaced me… Tsch! That clearly shows you loved me so much…” Tiffany sarcasticallysaid as she wiped her tears.

 

“Things wouldn’t be like this if in the FIRST place… you…married me…” Sooyoung shot back.

 

“I have my own reasons for doing that… Reasons that you never paid attention with even for just a single second.” Tiffany resented and shifted her view outside the car.

 

“Then why? Why didn’t you marry me?”

 

“……..”

 

“I’m asking you… Why?”

 

“……..”

 

“Please?”

 

“……..”

 

“I’mbegging you…”

 

“……..”

 

“Fany…” Sooyoung called Tiffany with the name she usually used when they were still together. That made Tiffany turns back her attention to Sooyoung.

 

“…You should go home now… She’s surely worried sick waiting for you.”

 

Tiffany went out of the car and headed to the entrancebut Sooyoung was fast enough to held her wrist.

 

“I’m not going anywhere unless you tell me your reasons.”

 

“Sooyoung… I’m so tired.” Tiffany tried to pull her hand but she failed. Sooyoung was not sure if Tiffany was pertaining that she’s physically or emotionally tired.

 

“Please Sooyoungie… Just…go”

 

Sooyoung slowly let go of Tiffany’s hand. Then, the shorter girl starts to take steps away but Sooyoung suddenly spoke.

 

“You know what? Few moments ago, I was about to let go everything I have now JUST for you…” Sooyoung said firmly.

 

“But then… you failed me…” With that, she rode again in the car and drive off. On the other hand, Tiffany remained glued on her spot, digesting all the things what Sooyoung has just said.

 

“I was about to let go everything I have now JUST for you… But then, you failed me…”

 

‘I just lost her… Didn’t I?’ Tiffany thought.

 

 

------------

 

 

Sooyoung went straight to Jessica’s apartment since she want to make it up for their lost of connection.

 

She set aside first whatever issues she has with Tiffany. Actually, she was taken aback when she said those to Tiffany: “I was about to let go everything I have now JUST for you… But then, you failed me…”. She, herself, didn’t even expect herself to say those but one thing is for sure…She meant it.

 

When she entered the unit, it was quiet and dim, in which you can only see the TV’s light illuminating the whole place.

 

And then, she saw Jessica on the couch and seems like she’s focused watching tv.The truth is, Jessica has been staring blankly on the TV all this time, sipping wine from her glass, and wandering through her thoughts about herself, Sooyoung, and Tiffany.

 

This scene surprised Sooyoung as she didn’t expect to see Jessica in such state – disheveledhair, dry trails of tears on her face, and drinking endlessly the liquor.

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

“Sica? What are you doing?”  I sat beside her and took the wine glass from her hand. I placed it on the table and then look back at her.

 

I touched her cheek and gently rub it. She then looked up at me teary eyed which sent discomfort in my chest. I hate to see her in this state, especially when I don’t know the reason why she’s like this.

 

Because of that, I came closer to her, make her sit on my lap, and wrapped my hands around her waist. She then snuggled on my neck, and then I glided my other hand up and down on her back. I can smell the liquor’s from her.

 

“Youngie…” Just then, I felt my shirt became damp probably due to her silent crying.

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“Don’t...*sniff*…leave…*sniff*…me…”

 

“Ssshh, I’m already here. Don’t cry anymore, princess…”

 

“Please…Youngie, don’t leave me…”

 

“Huh? I won’t and I will never ever do that.” I said lightheartedly. She retracted away from me and turned her back in front of me.

 

“……..”

 

“Sica? What’s wrong? If this is about the hospital thing..I’m sorry, my phone run out of battery that’s why I can’t call you…”

 

“……..”Geez, I’ve been getting too much silent treatments from these girls huh. I hugged her from behind and placed my chin on her shoulder.

 

“Sica chu… What’s the problem?”

 

“She’s already here… And you saw her right?”

 

“Huh? Who are you talking about?” Don’t tell me she knows it…

 

“Tiffany Hwang… She’s back…” She said with trembling voice. She faced me and she’s crying again.

 

“Uh… H—how did you know?”

 

“It’s not important! The thing is…you don’t need me anymore…” She sobbed with her hands on her face.

 

“Sica… look at me.” I removed her hands and cupped her face. I gently wiped her tears.

 

“Don’t you ever say those things again huh… That’s not true. You know that you are the most important person in my life now.”

 

“B-but… I’m afraid… I’m afraid that there will come a time that…you’ll realize that you don’t l-love me and…you’ll leave me… and… a-and—“   I hushed her with a soft peck.

 

“What makes you say that? I love you Jessica… Just trust me.”

 

“I don’t know, Soo…”

 

Jessica stood up and went to her room. I followed her and before she entered her room, I backhugged her.

 

“Sica… Remember the moment when we became together? I told you that I will never stop loving you no matter how long it would take me to live in this world… And I’m still holding into that promise…until now.”

 

“I clearly remember that…” She said weakly. I turn her and make her face me. I took her hand and place it on my left chest.

 

“So… you don’t have to worry anything... You have my heart…and you’re the only one who owns it.”

 

I smiled and kissed her crown. She then let her hands hang on my neck and lean towards me until our forehead touches.

 

“Gomawo… I love you so much Sooyoung.” She kissed my nose. I kissed hers in return.

 

“I love you too, Sica…”

 

In just matter of few seconds, we already found ourselves lying on her bed, hugging, and kissing each other. When we ran out of air, she pulled out and look intently to my eyes.

 

“Youngie… I trust you. Please… don’t break my trust…”

 

“I know… I promise you, my princess.” I held her hand and clutched it gently.

 

With that, she burrowed closer to my chest and not so long after that, she’s already dozing.

 

Right now, I am very confused with myself. I can’t believe that awhile ago, I have thought of leaving everything, including Jessica, just for Tiffany. But then, when I saw Jessica being wasted just because of me, it hurt me a lot. I can’t bear to see her in pain. And then I realized that I really do love her and I curse myself for being such a jerk.

 

God, please help me….

 

Please help me to sort out my feelings…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

 

Whatcha think? Is this story being nonsense?

Honestly… I’ve been thinking of…leaving this story… WHAAAAAA!

Sorry guys! But I just feel less confident on how everything goes… that’s all. :(