Chapter 32

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: this chapter was edited a lot of times since this lousy author is also indecisive on what was supposed to happen. And this was indeed a VERY LONG CHAPTER. HAHA.btw, this is only the continuation of the dinner from the previous chappy^^ ITALICS ARE THOUGHTS; SORRY FOR ERRORS :|

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

As planned, I went to the Japanese restaurant that Hyomin was pertaining. It’s been a long time since I spend time with my dork friend so I gladly, well, sarcastically speaking, accepted her invitation, though I’m not really in the mood to get out.

 

When I arrived at the place, I looked around to see Hyomin. But I didn’t think that it would be this hard to find her because there are a lot of customers tonight. And I swear, I could have rejected this dinner with her if only I knew that it would be crowded here.

 

I sighed and proceeded on looking for Hyomin and then suddenly, I heard my name being called. And there she is, waving like a fool to get my attention. I chuckled and walked towards her. But then as I come near to her, I saw two other people seating with her at our table.

 

I thought it was only me and her?

 

“Sooyoungie! You just arrived in time!” Hyomin said gleefully. She then stood up and gave me a light hug.

 

After that, I looked at the two figures who were also sitting on our table. I don’t know if destiny is playing tricks on me but Yuri and Tiffany are here with us.I faced to Hyomin and complained at her silently.

 

“W-Why are they here?!” I mouthed and my face scrunched up.

 

“Sooyoungie, I hope you don’t mind if they share seats with us, right?” Hyomin asked and then she stepped on my foot hardly that made me yelp in pain. I glared at her and then faced Yuri and Tiffany. I showed a fake smile.

 

“What more can I do? They’re already here…” I said as I took a seat beside Hyomin.

 

“Yah, how can we talk if they’re here?! Are you really out of your mind?” I whispered at her. Then she smacked my arm and glared back at me.

 

“Can you stop whining and just bear it for now? They don’t have any place to sit at so I think they could join us. Besides, we’ll just eat and after that, we’ll talk somewhere else.” Hyomin whispered back at me and looked at me with her puppy eyes.

 

Promise, her puppy eyes are no joke so because of that, I didn’t protest anymore though I really don’t agree with this set-up. It’s just that I really feel awkward now most especially when Tiffany is in front of me face to face.

 

I mean, it’s not a bad thing if they join us for dinner or what, but what’s intriguing is Tiffany is with Yuri? Is this for real?

 

“Hyomin ah, if SHE don’t want us here, we can look for other place to eat. Let’s go Tiff.” Yuri said emphasizing the word SHE, and then I saw her pulled Tiffany’s hands.

 

She held her hands? A-and… they’re not using formalities?Those are the questions that have been bugging my mind. And then, it seems like my body has its own mind because I found myself holding Tiffany’s free hand, tugging her not to go.When I realized that I’ve been holding her hand for quite a long time, I quickly pulled my hand back and sit back.

 

“I-it’s not a p-problem. Uhmm.. m-mianhe.” Okay, why am I stuttering?

 

I heard Yuri huffed and went back to the table. They sit and then the awkward atmosphere took over the place again. I remained looking down when Hyomin made me look at her and cupped my face. I shot her with a weird look and slight pout.

 

“Aigoo Sooyoungie, have you ever saw yourself on a mirror? You look like a mess! Hmm…is it that serious?” She tried to fix my hair with her fingers and caress my cheeks. I smiled at her bitterly.

 

Well, she’s right. I really look like crap right now with these dark circles under my eyes, disheveled hair, and paler color than before, as described by Hyomin.I shift my gaze away from Hyomin and looked in front of me only to find out that Tiffany is also eyeing at me like she’s concerned.

 

WHuuut? Does she still care about me?

 

“Hyomin ah, don’t worry. It’s normal for people who are currently experiencing a harsh break-up from their loved ones.” Yuri said nonchalantly which HIT me straight to the bone.

 

“What did you say?!” I scoffed and scowled at her. The other two ladies just looked at us clueless.

 

This is really ridiculous. How can she say something like that? I mean, I haven’t told anyone what happened to me and Jessica, except if…Jessica already told it to her.

 

“I’m just saying my opinion since you look like one unless…it’s really true.” Yuri smilingly said. Gosh! Please give me more patience or else, I’ll really make this fist of mine land on her face.

 

“You punk—“ I was cut off when Hyomin grabbed my arm and slowly rubbed it to calm me. She looked me in the eyes in which I can read from her look that she wants me to relax and don’t mind what Yuri has said.

 

“Guysss! let’s loosen up even just for tonight huh? Let’s consider this as a family dinner, arachi? Besides, we’ll gonna work together so I think this would be a good start for us to get close. Whatcha think Tiffany sshi?”

 

Family dinner? I don’t think so…

 

“N-nae? I have no problem with that.” Tiffany softly said.

 

Really Tiffany? Unbelievable…Tsk!

 

“How about you Yuri ah?”

 

“That sounds good but I don’t know if Sooyoung’s okay with that.” She said and then shot me with her infamous smirk. She’s really annoying for being cocky and all and if only the other girls are not here, I could have really punched her face.

 

“I don’t really care okay? Can we please order now? I’m starving!” I rolled my eyes and called the waiter. He then gave us the menu to choose our food to eat. But there are only 2 menu boards so we have to share on each on it – me & Hyomin, while Fany and Yuri on the other one.

 

I let Hyomin choose first so she grabbed the menu and looked at it. While waiting, my eyes shifted on the two people in front of me. Honestly, I really hate the view and seriously, I feel like my blood’s boiling. And then I saw Yuri whispered something to Tiffany which made her smile. I wonder what that is.

 

I know I’m not in the position to feel like this but why does it to see Yuri beside Tiffany acting sweet and all. She was very very close to Fany, like she was about to hug her and…what’s wrong with Fany? Why is she being a bit…clingy to her? Are they making fun of me?

 

“What do you want to eat Fany ah~?” Yuri asked.

 

“She called her “FANY AH”?! How dare her!”I shouted at my mind.

 

“Hmm… Anything you like, I’ll just order the same thing.” Tiffany said while smiling at Yuri. My eyebrows knitted upon hearing that.

 

Seriously Fany, what’s going on here? A-are you dating her?

 

“Is that so? Okay! Then I’ll choose this…and that…etc” They continued to chitchat while I continue to eavesdrop at them. Because of that, I didn’t notice that Hyomin has been calling me for a while.

 

“Hello?! Earth to Sooyoung! Are you even listening to me?” Hyomin poked my cheeks which shifted my attention to her.

 

“Huh? Are you done?” I asked and then she moved closer to me and whispered something.

 

“Yah, don’t make it too obvious. You’re jealous aren’t you?” She moved away and flashed a cheeky grin.

 

“Me? I’m not! And why would I?” I whispered back.

 

“Just admit it, you babo!” She maerongs at me.

 

“You wanna die?!” I mouthed to her. She just giggled at me.

 

After a while, the waiter came to take our orders. Hyomin dictated her and my order while the waiter has been keenly noting it down.

 

“Two platters of California maki, then 4 servings of sashimi, 2 udon, takoyaki and bento meal #3…oh, include 2 liters of cola.” Hyomin recited.

 

“Ma’am…is that all for this table?” the waiter asked.

 

“Huh? Aniyo, that was for Sooyoung only. Mine is bento meal #2.Gotcha? Okay, it’s their turn” Hyomin added.

 

The waiter looked at us in awe and scratched his head. I even saw Yuri gasped while Tiffany grinned at it.

 

“T-that much?! Do you think that’ll fit in our table?” Yuri asked in amazement.

 

I just shrugged my shoulders and smirked at her. HAHA. It’s my turn to intimidate her. I saw her rolled her eyes and proceed on reciting their orders.

 

“Because that glutton over there ordered that much, we’ll just have 2 beef teriyaki with tempurasthen 2 glasses of iced tea.”

 

I glared at her and she did the same thing. Hyomin nudged me so I looked away. Then the waiter recited all our orders but then I heard that he said something wrong.

 

“Excuse me but can you remove the tempuras on the other beef teriyaki meal?” I said firmly. Yuri glared at me.

 

“Yah! Why are you cancelling it? It’s our order!”

 

“If you don’t want to see your seatmate on the hospital bed, then I’ll suggest that you just follow what I said.”

 

“Nae? What do you mean?”

 

“Yuri, I’m allergic in shrimps. Sorry, I didn’t tell you earlier.” Tiffany apologized and then looked at me.

 

I turn my focus at her and then our gazes met. She smiled at me while I quickly looked down and sighed. I don’t know why but my heart suddenly beat rapidly from our eye contact.

 

Yuri signaled the waiter to go on so the latter went back to the counter. While waiting for the food, Hyomin opened another conversation to talk with. They laughed and giggled at some point, while I remain silent throughout the conversation.

 

“Hey you two, why aren’t you talking?” Hyomin asked to me and…who?

 

“Huh?” I and Tiffany said in unison. Ah, I get it. Tiffany has been also quiet which I never noticed.

 

“W-well…u-hmm…It’s…ah…” Sh*t! Why am I stuttering again? Tsk!

 

“It seems like Sooyoung is uncomfortable here with me. Mianhe…” Tiffany spoke up.

 

Then suddenly, I felt someone smack my head. Aigoo! Why do you have to do that?!

 

“See Sooyoung ah?! You always make Tiffany feel sorry about everything so will you please relax and enjoy the night? We’re already grown ups. There’s no more room for dwelling over the past! Aish…  guys, let’s move on nae?”

 

Hyomin finished her speech and rubbed her forehead while I just sighed. We all get what she’s pertaining to. Yeah, she’s right to say that we should move on and forget the past. But if moving on is easy as 1+1, I could have done that a long time ago.

 

WAIT. What did I just said?

 

 It’s like all the bells in heaven rang on my head. Did I just say that I haven’t moved on? Then, does that mean that I still…love her? How about…Jessica?

 

Then I felt Yuri shot her gaze on me…again! I don’t know what’s wrong with her but its making me more uncomfortable. It’s like she wants to say something to me but she can’t. Maybe, she wants to talk with me alone or what? Aish! Good thing the food has arrived in which for the first time tonight, I feel at ease.

 

“Wooh! You’re here my food. Don’t you know I’ve been waiting for you for so long?” I talked to the foods which made them give me an are-you-crazy look.

 

“You’re still the shikshin I knew before.” Tiffany said which made my cheeks heat up.

 

“Uhh, hehe. G-guys, let’s just eat now? Please??” I asked but then, they just smiled at me.

 

Without waiting for their reply, I dug in to my food and start feeding myself. All of us become busy on eating so it’s natural if we became silent.I must admit, Japanese food is really the best cuisine I’ve ever tasted.

 

Once in awhile, I steal glances at Tiffany. Like before, I still admire her unique expressions while eating, like twitching her nose if the food is too spicy, pouting if it’s salty, and her eye-smile if she really likes the food very much. When I glanced again at her, I noticed that there was a sauce smudge on her chin. She seem oblivious about it so I grabbed a tissue to wipe it but then before I was able to do it, that cocky tanned girl faced her and wiped the smudged with her thumb.

 

Feeling dejected, though I know I shouldn’t feel like that, I crumpled the tissue and continued on feasting on my food. I stabbed my fork on the maki several times until its form was ruined. Hyomin noticed it so she talked to me.

 

“Sooyoung ah, if you wouldn’t eat that, just give it to me and don’t just play with it!” She tried to get the maki on my plate but I shielded my plate away from her.

 

“Y-yah! Just mind your own food, okay?” I glared at her and focused back on my own food.

 

However, I can’t seem to find the urge to finish eating my food when I saw Yuri feeding Tiffany since the latter can’t consume it all. They smiled and exchange sweet glances at each other like newly wed having their honey moon dinner.

 

“Say ahh~ Last one Fany, you need to finish thisso you can gain some weight.”

 

“Ani. haha! I’m already full Yuri ah.”

 

“Pretty please? Just this last scoop… c’mon.” Yuri moved the spoon near to Tiffany’s mouth. Then Tiffany pouted before taking in the food. I just scoffed at their actions.

 

“Yay! Good girl! See? It won’t harm you!” Yuri said and then ruffled Tiffany’s hair and arched her arm around the shorter girl’s shoulder. The latter burst into laughing and so as Hyomin, well, except from me.

 

That’s it. I can’t stand this view anymore so I pounded the table and stood up. It wasn’t that rowdy to catch the attention of the other customers, but was loud enough to startle Yuri and the other two girls sitting with me.

 

I walked out without saying any word and headed to the bathroom. I rushed to the faucet and splashed my face with water. I closed my eyes while my hands are on support onto the counter and tried to calm myself since my breathing was starting to get heavy. And then I lifted my head and faced the mirror.

 

“You… What’s gotten into you huh? Why are you acting like this?!”I splashed water to my face again. I shouldn’tbe thinking like this, especially when there still something I have to fix between me and Jessica.

 

“!... waeyo? W-why do I have to feel l-like this?... Stupid heart. Tsk.” I held my chest and sh*t it was beating like crazy!

 

Aish! I squealed in frustration and then ruffled my hair. I was about to punch the mirror when somebody held my hand.

 

“Sooyoung! What are you doing? Is there a problem?” Tiffany worriedly asked to me. I just huffed at her and pulled my hand away.

 

Problem? Yes, I have a HUGE problem and it’s all because of you!, I screamed but only in my mind.

 

“It’s nothing to worry about.” I coldy said. I grabbed some tissue papers on the dispenser and wiped my face. Then I turned around and there she is, still standing on her spot.

 

“What?” I asked her. She was looking down while fiddling with her fingers.

 

“If there’s something wrong between you and Jessica sshi, I-I’m really sorry… I can help you explain to her ifit’s possible.”

 

“Ani. You’re out of it so just forget it.”

 

“I’m so sorry…”

 

“Stop saying sorry Fany, I had enough… I hate it when you always blame yourself at everything. You know it hurts me more and it makes me feel guiltier when you’re acting like that. So please, promise me you won’t say it again.”

 

Our gazes connected and we remained standing for a while. She weakly nodded and bit her lip. Then I motioned to exit the bathroom when she caught my hand again.

 

“S-Sooyoung…by the way, uhmmm, I just wanna thank you earlier about the shrimp thingy. I’m glad you still remember that.” She said and then I felt a light squeeze on my hand.

 

I turned around and faced her. And there she is, flashing her unique eye-smile which made my lips curve upward unconsciously. But I quickly erased that smile away and pulled my hand back.

 

“How can I forget that if you always nag me whenever I prepare tempuras for our meal…” I sighed remembering our past. The past which can never be brought back again.

 

“That’s very…sweet. *sigh* if only I have the chance to turn back the time…” She said those softly but still, I was able to hear it.

 

“Really? Tsch. You seemed happy with Yuri now.” I said with a tint of jealousy in my tone. Yes, I’m jealous, more of envious to that tanned girl.

 

“H-huh? That’s uhmm… well, she’s nice and…she’s fun to be with.”

 

Nice? Fun to be with? Oh I bet she’s head over heels on Yuri now.

 

“So are you dating her?” I slapped my head imaginarily for asking that question. Then I heard her giggling.

 

“No, I’m not. But if she would ask me out then I guess there’s nothing wrong if I would say yes. She’s single and I’m also single so maybe…it’ll work for both of us.”

 

“Nae??? Are you hearing what you’re saying? You want to have a relationship with that jerk?!” My tone rose a bit.

 

“Is that wrong? Why do you even care? You chose to have a new life, so I choose to forget you. And I think, Yuri can help me with that.” Her voice also sounded to be strong but sadness can still be felt on it.

 

Then it hit me again, it feels like I’m regretting what I told her before. I placed my hands on her shoulders and moved closer to her.

 

“Yes, you can date all the guys or girls you want in the world but not Yuri. Not that conceited tanned girl!”

 

“Why not?!”

 

“B-Because… I..uhmm.” Because I don’t want you to be with somebody else!

 

“Because what?”

 

“Because I don’t trust her.”

 

“I don’t need your permission okay? You know what, just mind your own business and I’ll take care mine.” She pushed me away which made me bump the wall and then she exited thebathroom.

 

“Tiffany!”

 

I run after her but then when I was about to grab her hand, she accidentally slipped on the wet floor. Fortunately, she was able to maintain her balance so she didn’t fall but due to my momentum, I wasn’t able to stop myself from running so I bumped onto her which made us stumble on the floor.

 

It happened so fast that I didn’t recognize that I was already on top of Tiffany with my other arm catching her head, and the other one wrapped around her waist so that she won’t be hurt.I flinched on the sudden impact from the fall, however, there was an utterly different feeling on my lips…it’s moist and quite addicting and yet, it is much unexpected to happen which even shocked us to realize what’s really happening. I heard people gasping and murmuring around us, but we didn’t mind it and continue this fantasy I’m dreaming of.

 

I and Tiffany were in our most awkward position, eyes widened while our lips fitted perfectly with each other. No one on us moved, as we are both stunned on the euphoria given by the kiss we’re sharing. My mind blurred and it seems like I forgot everything in that span of time. Those freaking good 5 seconds feels like forever and it was supposed to be more than that if only a black haired tanned girl doesn’t exist on Earth.

 

“What the…How dare you Sooyoung?!”

 

Yuri yelled and pulled me up harshly from Tiffany. Then in just a blink of an eye, her fist landed straight to my jaws. I didn’t have enough time to react since she threw another punch on the same place on my face. I was definitely caught off guard so I fell back on the floor and touched my throbbing jaw. I spit blood and wiped that off.

 

“…” I mumbled.

 

Before I was able to stand up, Yuri rushed unto me and grabbed me by my collar. I heard people screaming but I was too dizzy to comprehend what they’re saying.

 

“Yuri! Stop that!” Tiffany pulled Yuri but then she just shrugged her off.

 

“Choi Sooyoung, how dare you to kiss her huh?! Is this the reason why you guys broke up?! You go out here like there’s nothing wrong and then I’ll see you kissing you’re ex… while Jessica has been sulking every night thinking about you! Aren’t you contented on hurting Jessica?” Yuri scorned.

 

Anger can really be seen through her eyes but if she’s fuming at me now, I’m more pissed off on what she did to me. So I pushed her away and hit her on her face.

 

“You don’t have the right to say those things to me because you don’t know anything about us!! You don’t know what we’ve been through and you don’t know how much I am suffering with all of these!” I retorted and gritted my teeth. Due to my outburst, tears starts to fall down on me but I quickly wiped that away.

 

“Serves you right ‘coz you’re such an a**hole!” Yuri got up again and dashed towards me like she would throw another punch. Good thing I was able to dodge it so I took the opportunity to tackle her. We fall to the floor and we continued to grapple on each other.

 

“!”

 

“You rotten punk!”

 

“Arggh!”

 

“ you!”

 

“Hey guys! Stop it! Yah!! Sooyoung ah!” Hyomin shouted at us frantically but I just neglected it and continued the brawl with Yuri.

 

Soon enough and the security guards are already pulling us away from each other. Luckily, they succeeded on that and Hyomin hugged me from behind so she can stop me from rushing back to Yuri. On the other hand, Tiffany was tugging Yuri’s arm so that she will also settle down.

 

“Ma’am, I suggest that all of you get out of this restaurant now before I call the police to drag you out.” The manager spoke to us while I was catching my breath due to the previous rampage.

 

“Sorry, just call me at this number so that I can pay the damages we did.” I handed my calling card on the manager and stormed out of the restaurant. I don’t care who’s calling me from behind but what I want is to get out of this place immediately.

 

 

TIFFANY’s POV

 

 

I heard everything what Yuri said. Sooyoung and Jessica already broke up. What hurts me is that even though how many times Sooyoung convince me that it wasn’t my fault, there is this something inside me that always insists that I’m the root cause of it. I can’t be happy at what happened to them, especially if it will add up to Sooyoung’s burden. I know I’ll be a hypocrite saying this but I still wish they could find a way to fix this. I was out of my trance when I heard Hyomin’s loud voice.

 

“Sooyoung, come back here! Aish, jinja…” Hyomin shouted at Sooyoung but the taller girl didn’t look back. I wanted to also run after her but I still have business with Yuri. Before going, Hyomin squeezed my hand and gave an assuring look on me. I just nodded and faced Yuri.

 

“C’mon Yuri. We need to talk.” I bowed at the manager first and dragged Yuri out of the place. She just followed me and when we’ve reached her car, I stopped and face her.

 

“Why did you do that?”

 

“What?” She answered without looking at me.

 

“You punched her!You know what, I just can’t understand you. A while ago, you asked me to just ride in with your plan, pretending we’re close and dating in front of Sooyoung to make her jealous. I don’t know if you just wanted to pester her or whatbut I didn’t protest and just go with the flow. And then this?! You’ll make a scene and burst like that?”

 

“Don’t get me wrong Tiff but I just did that to prove whether she’s still into you or not. And it clearly shows that she still likes you!”

 

I stiffened at what Yuri said. Could it be possibly true?

 

“B-but still… She’s not doing anything wrong to you so why did you hurt her?”

 

“Nothing wrong? She’s kissing you and it pissed me off to see her did that while my bestfriend was crying almost every night. I won’t allow her to hurt y-you…ah I-I mean, hurt Jessica even further!” She retorted at me.

 

“Gosh Yuri! That was just an accident and none of us expected that to happen! Yes, I can’t deny that I’m the one who’s setting their relationship into rocks. But whatever happens to them, whether they’ll make it work or break up, it’s not within my concern anymore.”

 

“Oh please stop faking and just admit that you’re still affected by it. I know you liked it when they broke u—“

 

SLAP!!!

 

This is too much… Now I understand why Sooyoung is so pissed off with her. She’s very insensitive and I really hate her for being like that.

 

“I’m not as selfish as you! Why are you so insensitive?”

 

“………”

 

“I thought you’re the one who can understand what I’m going through right now. But I guess… I was wrong. No wonder if Jessica doesn’t sees you as someone she could be with forever.”

 

“Tiffany…” She tried to reach my hand but I shooed her away.

 

“Don’t touch me…”

 

“Please…”

 

“I don’t want to see you again…”

 

“Tiffany, no…please. I’m sorry…”

 

“I hate you.” I walked away and tears fell on my cheeks.

 

I didn’t look back and continued to walk. I don’t care if people are looking at me while I’m crying. My appearance is not my priority at this point of time. I badly want to go home and cry this all out on my bed.

 

I tried to wipe my tears but when I look at my hand, I saw a red stain on my palm. I stopped on my tracks and realized that it was not from me but from Yuri. I turned around and saw her still standing there.

 

“That babo…tsk..”

 

I shook my head and walked back to her. When I came near to her, she has her head hung low with her right hand cupped on her cheek. I shove away the hair that was blocking her face only to see her wet cheeks and bleeding cut near her lips.

 

“Tiff…” She looked at me with her teary eyes while I just stared at her.

 

“Tiffany, I’m really sorry… please forgive me. I would even apologize to Sooyoung if you want… just please, don’t hate me.”

 

Tsch. Now you’re begging on me huh? Unbelievable…

 

“Does it hurt?” I examined her cut and get my handkerchief from my pocket.

 

“A-aniyo…  It’s okay.”

 

“Deny it more and I’ll make it bigger.” I carefully damped the hanky on her cut. She’s really hurt because she flinched whenever I touched it.

 

“It really doesn’t hurt. Haha. I c-can take care of-- awww!!” She squealed when I pressed hardly the hanky on her wound.

 

Serves you right!

 

“Liar. Hmmp!” I threw the handkerchief on her.

 

“Ouch!That hurts!”

 

I turned around and walked away. But she pulled my hand back.

 

“Let me go Yuri, I want to go home now.”

 

“I can send you home.”

 

“No. Just…back off. I don’t want to talk to you for now.”

 

I retracted away from her and run towards the streets. I hailed a cab and luckily I quickly found one. I just want to be alone and clear my mind. This was just too stressful and depressing.

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

 

“Ouch! Hey, please be gentle Hyo! Arghh, that ! Aww!”

 

“Shut up will ya! Last one…” Hyomin dabbed the cotton on the cut on my jaw and sealed it with a band-aid.

 

“She’ll pay for this… If I saw her again, I would really take no mercy on her.”

 

“Stop it! Aish… If I only knew that you and Yuri would just end up fighting, I should have never insisted them to stay.”

 

“See? It’s really you’re fault in the first place…Aww.”

 

“Fine, I’m sorry okay?...Hmm, wait there, I’ll just buy something. Be right back.” Hyomin jumped out of the car and went to the stall near our place.

 

Actually, we’re now in front of Dongbae River (a/n: I don’t know any river in S.Korea so this is just fictional name^^) to have some fresh air. We were previously sitting on my convertible, with the roof opened so that we can freely feel the air.

 

I went out of the car and moved closer to the riverbank. I kicked the stone on the ground and it flew and fell unto the water. Damn! I really can’t believe that Yuri knocked me out with not just one but two punches! If the guards didn’t stop us, I could have strangled her to death. With that, I kicked another stone and it hit the water again.

 

“You need this…take it.”

 

“! What the… you scared me!” Hyomin popped out suddenly at my side and swear, I thought my heart would explode because of that.

 

“You’re drinking too much coffee, Soo. HAHA! Here, take this.” She handed me a cig stick.

 

“Wha- Hyomin ah, you know I’ve quitted a long time ago. I can’t.”  I give back the stick to her but she just huffed her smoke on me.

 

“YAH! *cough cough* Hyomin?!”

 

“Just one stick Soo! It won’t harm you and besides, you need this to calm down your nerves.”

 

I admit, I was nicotine-dependent before when I and Tiffany broke up. But then I stopped since I and Jessica became together. I don’t want to go back on those days but it seems my wild and crazy side is calling for it now. And if it wasn’t for Hyomin’s temptation, I wouldn’t grab it.

 

“Fine. Just one.” I lighted the cig and inhaled the fumes up until to the roots of my lungs, held it for seconds, feeling the ecstasy it’s causing on me, before releasing and puffing it into the midair.

 

“Feels good?” Hyomin asked with a grin on her face and I smiled back at her. Though it may look to you that Hyomin is a bad influence, I still appreciate her for being with me in times like this.

 

“What are you hiding there?” I saw a plastic bag on her back. I know she’s up for something again.

 

“Hmmm, nothing. Let’s just sit first.”

 

She dragged me to a bench near the river and there, she handed me a can of beer. Great. Now, she wants me to drink.

 

“We should have done this earlier. I never thought that you’ll be in a huge trouble Sooyoungie.”

 

“True. You’ll never wish to be on my place.” I huffed and took a sip of the beer. Oh how I miss this intoxicating vibe.

 

“So…You and Tiffany are quite a show on the restaurant huh. What happened?”

 

“That was totally an accident. It was never my intention to kiss her or take advantage of her. It’s just… I’m so careless that’s why I stumble on her.” I gulped the beer and sniff the cig.

 

“Both of you seemed to like it eh.”

 

“Mwo? A-aniyo… errr.” I blushed remembering that moment.

 

“Look, my Sooyoungie is blushing! You really liked it don’t you?” Hyomin poked my cheek and teased me even more. I just blew my smoke on her face.

 

“Yah! Stop saying things like that, you’re making it more complicated.” With that, I drank all the contents of the can, thinking that it would erase the image on my mind of what happened in the restaurant.

 

“Excuses… Hmm, what about the jealous Sooyoung I saw earlier. Explain yourself please?” She said in aegyo tone which made me grin.

 

“Ayy, I’m not jealous…”

 

“Lie to me more and I’ll splash this beer on your face.”

 

“Tsk. Give me some beer!” I throw the empty can and opened another. Gosh! This girl is always putting me on the hot seat.

 

“Spill it Sooyoung. You’re jealous at Yuri right?”

 

“Why are you so stubborn?”

 

“malhaebwa~~” She then looked at me with her widened round eyes which immediately put my walls down. Aigoo. I really can’t resist this girl.

 

“FINE! Yes, I am. I don’t know why but yes, I am really jealous with her.”

 

“It’s simple, you are jealous because you are still in love Tiffany.” She said in a “duh” tone.

 

“T-that’s…impossible. I know I still love Jessica so that’s can’t really be possible.” I said like I was trying to convince also myself.Because that’s the right thing to do…I can’t have the same feeling I have for Jessica with Tiffany.

 

“Well your actions say otherwise.”

 

“Nae? What do you mean?”

 

“The way I see you look at Tiffany, it’s…not the usual gaze you shot on me. And the way you held her when both of you fell down on the floor, it’s different. There’s something whenever you and her are near at each other. Like a spark or a different aura.”

 

“You’re just drunk Hyomin ah. You’re talking nonsense.” She’s kidding me right?I threw the cig filter and drunk my beer.

 

“Bleh, I’m just stating a fact. Yo! Cheers!” I took another gulp then she leaned her head on my shoulder. I think she’s drunk but this is unusual because I was usually the first one to knock down whenever we drink.

 

“What about Jessica? Is it true that you and her…broke up?”

 

“It’s NOT a mutual decision so I don’t consider it official.”

 

“Not all break up needs a mutual decision, Soo.”

 

“But still… I can’t just let her go…” And the truth surfaced out again. I still have things to settle with her.

 

“So what happened?”

 

“She said she need space so even if i don’t agree with that, I still gave her what she wants.” I looked down, remembering the moment she slapped me on that party. Aish.

 

“Have you ever talked to her?”

 

“I swear I’ve tried so many times to call her, text or even see her in person. But she won’t talk to me and I haven’t seen her for days. That’s why I really feel bad when Yuri knew about our situation. Jessica talked to her while me…her girlfriend, didn’t even get the chance to explain myself to her.”

 

I sighed as I am starting to feel dizzy. It’s my turn now to lean on Hyomin in which she lifted her head so that I can bend over mine on her shoulder. She arched free arm around me and I can feel warmth from it.

 

“They said she took a vacation but I don’t know where she went. I’ve tried to look at her apartment, her workplace, but she’s not there!”

 

“Wait, did you try looking at her father’s house? Maybe she’s with Krystal.”

 

That hit me. Why didn’t I think about this? Hyomin’s right, she could be staying at Pusan. How can I be so dumb?

 

“You’re really smart haha!…Okay, I’ll go there tomorrow. But…”

 

“But what?”

 

“What if she just pushed me away again? No, no… I’m too sensitive right now and I can’t afford to have another rejection.”

 

“She won’t do that. I bet she also misses you like hell!”

 

“I feel bad at what she’s doing to me. If she hates me that much, she can just tell it straight to me and don’t hide like I would do something bad to her. You know… it hurts me more if she kept hiding from me… because… I miss her… I miss her so much.” I didn’t notice that I was already crying.

 

“Sooyoungie, just let it out…” She rubbed my back and I just let myself to cry even more. The pain is too much for me to bear, and the confusion I have here inside me makes it even worst.

 

“Hyo, I don’t know what to do anymore. Tell me, what am I supposed to do?”

 

“I can’t give you an answer Sooyoung. I’m just here to help you realize things. Mianhe.”

 

She’s right. I’m the only one who can give solution to this dilemma.

 

“Honestly Sooyoung… Are you really over Tiffany? If yes, you shouldn’t be like this.” I stiffened at her question.

 

“Huh? Uhmm… I have already moved on. I know I have moved on so…yes? Actually, what I and Tiffany have before are just part of my past now. We both know that…we can’t bring it back. Especially now that I have Jessica.”

 

“So does that means there’s really no hope between you and Tiffany? I can clearly tell that she still loves you. Why can’t you just be true to yourself? You know, if you keep on doing this, you’ll just hurt both of them. And it’s not good Sooyoung.”

 

“Well… I… I really don’t know.” And there, back to my stupid self.

 

“I kept asking myself why did I end up like this. I’m starting to get tired… Hyomin ah, eotteoke?”

 

“Aigoo…It’s just a trial. You just have to be strong along the process. Remember, you have a heart and mind. Use it properly and you’ll get the answer you’ve been looking for.” She patted my back and blew her last smoke from her cig.

 

“If you were in my position, who will you choose?”

 

“I’ll choose the one that makes would make me happy.”

 

“What if both of them make you happy?”

 

“I know this would be a cliché but I’ll have the one who’s my heart has been calling for. Trust your heart and I promise, it’ll be easier for you.”

 

“You’ll just follow your heart even if it hurt somebody?”

 

“It’s better than to live in a life full of pretenses. It’s not that bad if you become selfish at times.”

 

“Is that so?” She just nodded and hugged me. I hugged her back and kissed her forehead.

 

If that’s the case, I already have an answer now. Now, I just have to face the consequences once I’ve made my decision.

 

“Thanks Hyomin.”

 

“Anything for you Sooyoungie.”

 

And then I didn’t notice that I was already falling into a deep slumber, with the name of the person that keepsreverberating on my mind. And that person is the one whom my heart has been longing for.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------

Guys…just…have a little faith on me okay? I don’t want to see you unsubscribe…*sobs*

If you’re confused with this chapter, don’t hesitate to ask me or PM me.

I’ll be doing lengthy chapters from now on since I will be starting my job FORMALLY on July so less time for me to type and update frequently.

So that’s it for now, thank you for reading!

BTW: CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A LINK/LINKS OF A COMPLETED SOOFANY OR SUNBYUNG FIC? THANK YOU! Pm me =)