Chapter 19

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: Sorry for the super duper late update…I’m very very busy in my graduation stuffs… yeah!Anyway, this is quite long and I kinda focused on my own POV. Hehe. SORRY FOR ALL THE GRAMMATICAL ERRORS. I’m not perfect. HAHA^^ Reminder, italics are thoughts. Here’s the update^^

 

 

 

 

 

 

TIFFANY’s POV

 

 

 

I walked back and forth in front of the emergency room. I can’t calm myself as of now because it is Sooyoung’s life that is at stake. Aside from the coldness that my wet clothes is giving to me, the agony adds up to the exhausted feeling of my body.

 

“Fany… can you please seat down first? You’re just tiring yourself...” Hyoyeon said.

 

“Do you think I can just sit there and pretend that there’s nothing wrong?! Hyo, I don’t know what else to do if something wrong happened to Sooyoung!” I shouted at Hyo and then tears are again starting to fall from my eyes.

 

Hyoyeon didn’t say anything after I burst out. That made me feel guilty with my actions.

 

“Hyo… I’m s-sorry… It’s just… it’s just,I know that this is again my fault… all that I do to Sooyoung is to cause damage, to burden her, and to made her life miserable… I hate myself!” I uttered in between of my sobs. As of now, I thought that seeing her once again is one of the biggest mistakesI’ve done in my life. I guess I really should get out of her life.

 

Just then, I felt a hand patting my back that somehow made me feel comfortable even just for a while. When I turned around, I saw my bestfriend and then she hugged me. I cried more at her shoulder, because this is the only way that could make me feel better.

 

“Ssssh… Fany, don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault. There’s no one to blame okay? Let’s just say that it is fate who did all of these things. We need to be strong in order to cope up with it. Don’t worry, I’m always here…I’ll never leave you whatever happens…”

 

Hearing those lines from Hyoyeon somehow gave me a good feeling, a feeling of being assured that everything’s gonna be okay. The feeling I wished that Sooyoung has given to me earlier.

 

“Tiffany, I think I should inform her family regarding this matter. I’ll call Soojin.” She said after pulling out from the hug.

 

“I guess so. Okay, you go ahead.” I wiped my tears and shift my attention back to the two-closed door.

 

After a few minutes, the doctor and his staff came out of the E.R. that’s why I approached him immediately.

 

“Are you Ms. Choi’s relative?” The doctor asked.

 

“Uhmm… Y-yes… I’m her cousin. Is Sooyoung alright?” Obviously, I lied.

 

“Well, Ma’am, I have to say that there are good and bad news about Ms. Choi. The good news is the patient is now out of danger and she’s already having a good sleep. But…”

 

I sighed in relief upon hearing the doctor’s statement but when I heard him said that last word, my nerves cracked me up again. “What is it doctor?”

 

“We found out that the patient lost her consciousness due to the building up of blood on the left portion of her frontal skull maybe because she bumped her head very hard, though as you said earlier, you didn’t know what happened. And if the patient was not brought here immediately, complications may arise that may risk her life.”

 

I froze up hearing those. Good thing Iwas able to do the right thing, but still I can’t erase the fact that I’m also the cause of this.

 

“Ms. Hwang, we’re just wondering if the patient has been in a serious accident before involving her head. Did she have any car or road accident before?” The doctor asked.

 

BINGO. That stabbed my heart again. “Y—Yes doctor. Uhmm…It happened a year ago in States where she was hit by a car.”

 

“Ah. That shows why we saw a millimeter crack on her left skull. This matter is very dangerous and we suggest that she should strictly avoid any further accidents regarding her head because this may worsen the crack and moreover, damage the nerves within it, thereby resulting into serious damages to her.”

 

“What serious damages are you pertaining doc?” I become more worried and worried in every second I talk to the doctor.

 

“She may lose her memory which could be a partial or total loss. Or worst, her whole body may be paralyzed.

 

“Oh my…”I gasped and placed my hand on my mouth, and then again,a tear fall on my cheek.

 

“Don’t worry my dear. That are just the possibilities that could happen but as of now, she’s safe. You may see her now if you want.”

 

With that, I thanked the doctor and went to Sooyoung’s room.

 

JESSICA’s POV

 

After I cured my wound, I went back to my room and gave up on waiting for Sooyoung to call, besides, it’s almost 12am in the morning. But then when I was about lie down, my phone suddenly rang so I answered it immediately.

 

“Sooyoung!” I exclaimed without looking at the caller id.

 

“Jessica, sorry but I’m not her. It’s me, Soojin.” Realizing it was not her, I frowned and lost interest talking with the caller.

 

“Oh… I thought it was her, is there a problem unnie?”

 

“I think I should be the one who is asking that. But it seems you’re still not aware of what has happened.” She said with a bit of sarcasm. I understand that coz in the first place, she’s not in favor with me being Sooyoung’s girlfriend.

 

“Unnie… I’m sorry but I don’t get it. Yeah, we had a little argument earlier but other than that I don’t know what else happened.” I explained calmly.

 

“Sooyoung is in the hospital. Want to come with me?”

 

“WHAT?! Why? Is she alright?”I freaked out the moment I heard the word hospital. I just wished nothing serious happened.

 

“That’s the reason why I called you. I thought you’re with her already. But anyway, if you want to come, go to Seoul Medical Hospital.”

 

“Thanks unnie…” and then she ended the call. After that, I grabbed my keys and went straight to my car.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

When Tiffany entered the room, she went beside the bed and looked at Sooyoung’s face. There’s a bandage on her head but other than that, she look calm and peaceful.

 

Tiffany sighed and took a seat beside the bed. She continues to examine Sooyoung face and admired it a lot now. She missed doing this, looking and feeding her eyes with Sooyoung’s beautiful features. Unconsciously, Tiffany placed her hand softly on the sleeping girl’s face and gently caressed it.

 

“Sooyoungie… You’re still beautiful as before…Very very charming.” She giggled. With that, she traced the taller girl’s jaw and fixed the hair that was blocking Sooyoung’s face.

 

“I… I wish I could turn back time… when everything was fine and happy… when I was the only one at your side when you need someone to lean on… when Taeyeon is still alive… I really hate myself for causing misfortunes for both of you, the people who I love so much… “

 

A tear fell again on her face and then moved her hand on Sooyoung’s free hand. She pressed it gently and kissed it. Assuming that the sleeping girl won’t hear her, she continued to speak.

 

“Sooyoungie, d—do you really want me to get out of your life? If it what makes you happy… then I’ll do it… j-just give me more time… I don’t think can survive having the thought that you and I will never be together again…ever.” She ended up crying on Sooyoung hand, and then suddenly, Hyo came in the room.

 

“Tiffany, c’mon. We have to go now.” Hyoyeon said while standing near the door.

 

“Can’t we just stay here for a while? Or… until she gains her consciousness again?” Tiffany requested.

 

“We can’t. You know they shouldn’t see you for now. Not in this kind of situation.”

 

“B—but…” Tiffany trailed off when Hyoyeon interrupted her.

 

“No buts. They’ll be here in a few minutes. And besides, you’re drenched and you need to rest… you also have to consider yourself, Fany.”

 

Realizing what Hyo said is right, Tiffany complied with it. Before leaving, she gave a soft peck on Sooyoung’s forehead.

 

“Fany ah, let’s go?”

 

“Nae… You go first. I’ll just talk to the assigned nurse to take care of Sooyoung while waiting for her sister.”

 

“Okay, be fast. I’ll be waiting you at the car.” Hyoyeon said and then went immediately to the car.

 

Little did they know, Sooyoung was half-awake during the whole time Tiffany was with her, which means that she partially heard what Tiffany has said. Because of that, she felt guilty to her previous attitude to Tiffany, thinking that she was being harsh and unfair to the shorter girl.

----------

 

Jessica arrived first at the Seoul Medical Hospital because it was relatively near to her apartment compare to Soojin, and fortunately, the rain has already stopped. She approached the clerk and asked the whereabouts of Sooyoung.

 

“Miss, may I ask where I can see Choi Sooyoung?” Jessica asked worriedly.

 

“Okay ma’am, just wait a minute”. The clerk typed something on the computer and while waiting for the info, Jessica looked around the place just to loosen up a bit. Just then, a blonde girl caught her attention.

 

The blonde girl has a height relatively the same with her, has a pearl white skin, anddressed like a New Yorker, aside from noticing that the girls is soaking wet. She knew that it was bad to stare at people, but somehow, there something with that girl that make her interested with, probably because of instinct. She felt that there was a connection between them, maybe not literally, but a deeper reason for that.

 

“Ma’am, are you okay? I said the patient is in Room 209.” The clerk said annoyingly as she noticed that Jessica was not listening to her.

 

“Oh… Sorry... Room 209… Thank you very much.” Jessica bowed and hid her face in embarrassment. After that, she went straight to Sooyoung’s room.

 

----------

 

Sooyoung stared blankly at the ceiling after Tiffany and Hyoyeon has left. Though the pain in her head has already subsided, the agony she have in heart still remains.

 

After all this time, she can’t believe that she still have a soft spot for Tiffany. She wondered how it made her felt guilty when she heard Tiffany saying “do you really want me to get out of your life? If it what makes you happy… then I’ll do it…”

 

Will I really be happy if she’s gone in my life?, Sooyoung asked herself. Just then, someone entered her room which made her get back to her senses and realized that it was her girlfriend, Jessica.

 

Jessica was holding back her tears when she saw Sooyoung lying on the bed with a bandage in her head. She knew that she is the one to blame to what has happened, assuming that it was because of their misunderstanding at the office. She rushed beside the bed and took a seat.

 

“Youngie… What happened? Did you know how worried I am?” Jessica said while clutching her hand on Sooyoung’s free hand.

 

“I’m sorry Sica… I wasn’t thinking right at that time… I shouldn’t have brought that issue up…” Sooyoung replied and then pressed Jessica’s hand softly.

 

“Paboya! You’re not the one who should be sorry… it’s me... I’m so sorry… This is my fault, I didn’t mean to snapped at you… please, don’t be mad at me…” Jessica said apologetically and when she can’t handle it anymore, she let herself to cry at Sooyoung’s side.

 

Because of that, she pulled her hand and then gently glides it onto Jessica’s hair. “Ssshh… Sica, don’t cry… I’m perfectly fine so you don’t have to worry okay?”

 

“……….” Sooyoung didn’t get a reply from the girl who still doesn’t stop from crying.

 

“Sica, please stop crying… You’re scaring me… I don’t want the nurses to think that I’m scolding you, haha!” Sooyoung cracked a joke which made her earn a gentle slap at the arm from Jessica.

 

“Silly. But Youngie ah, you scared me more…You’re already aware of whatyour condition is… you’re still in danger…” With that, Jessica burst into tears again. Having the thought that her love one is in danger makes her heart sank deep down the ground.

 

In order to console the crying girl, she slowly got up from the bed and fixed herself to sit.

 

“Shusshh… Sweetie, come here. Just give me a hug, I missed you...” Sooyoung said playfully while opening her arms wide open for Sica.

 

Jessica looked up to Sooyoung and smiled. She wiped her tears and complied with the taller girl’s command. She sat beside her and gives a warm and tender hug.

 

“You know I hate that tone… You don’t play fair.” Jessica mumbled.

 

“And you also know that I’ll do anything just to melt your heart for me, right?” Sooyoung responded again in an aegyo tone.

 

“Sweet talker.” Jessica pulled out from the hug and then pinched Sooyoung’s nose.

 

“Ouch! That hurts…” Sooyoung then pouted and make fake sobs.

 

“Ayyy… My cute ddoyoungie~~” Without any warning, Jessica cupped Sooyoung’s face and then planted a soft peck at the taller girl’s nose. “Does it still hurt?”

 

Sooyoung just nodded and grinned. With that, Jessica continued to give feather-like kisses on Sooyoung’s nose, until it reach her cheeks… and finally found its way down on Sooyoung’s tempting and luscious lips.

 

At first, it was just a quick and gentle kiss. But when Jessica was about to pull out, Sooyoung moved her head forward to catch and pursed her lips on Jessica’s. The kiss ended up into a passionate and steamy hot make out but it was interrupted by the thud of the door.

 

“I hope I’m not interrupting something.” Soojin said cooly and then cleared . That made the couple to pull out quickly from each other and fix themselves.

 

“Mianheyo.” Jessica bowed and then got down from the bed. Sooyoung held Jessica’s hand and then gave a reassuring smile to her.

 

“Sooyoung, the doctor has told me everything… I think WE need to talk.” Soojin said seriously, emphasizing the word “WE”.

 

“Do you mind if Jessica will stay here?”

 

“I guess she needs to go home now. Besides, it’s already past midnight, she have to rest as well. Am I right, Jessica?” Soojin again used her cold tone to Jessica. Since what Soojin has said is right, Jessica didn’t argue anymore and just followed the older girl’s order.

 

“Nae unnie…Uhmm, annyeong Youngie.” Jessica said in a low tone.

 

“Call me when you got home, ara?”

 

“Sure. Take care Youngie.” With that, Jessica gave a quick peck on Sooyoung’s cheek and then bid farewell on the Chois.

 

After Jessica’s departure, Sooyoung lean her back on the headboard and then stared at the ceiling again, avoiding eye contact with her sister. There was a brief silence in the room before Soojin decided to speak.

 

“So, did you meet her?”

 

“Who?” Sooyoung said mockingly well in fact, she already knew who her sister is pertaining to.

 

“You know who she is… Please don’t use your childish antics to me, it won’t work I assure you.”

 

“Unnie, I don’t want to talk about it okay? I’m… tired.” She sighed and then looked down.

 

“I don’t know how it all happened but what I just want to say is that you should learn how to forgive… It won’t harm you… Aish, why do you have to be as stubborn as daddy was? You’re definitely a true-blooded Choi.” Soojin chuckled and then patted her sister’s head.

 

“Unnie~…” Sooyoung whined.

 

“Tsk. Just rest for the whole week. You’re free from work.”

 

“Jinja?Thanks Soojin ah!” Sooyoung hugged her sister but due to the violent nature of her Sister, she earned a smack on her head.

 

“Yah! What was that for?! You know my head is sensitive right now!”

 

“Hmmm. I just want to do it eh.” Soojin stuck her tongue out and then motioned to leave the room.

 

“Unnie! Can I ask a favor?” Sooyoung said before Soojin has left the room.

 

“What is it?”

 

“Can you be nicer to Jessica? Please unnie… She’s trying her best to make you accept her…”

 

“I’m also trying my best Sooyoung… But I guess it will be harder for me now… now that I know that Tiffany’s back.”

 

 

--THE NEXT DAY—

 

 

Tiffany rushed to her appointment today even though she’s not feeling that well due to last night’s happenings. Being a professional, she didn’t let her sickness hinder her activities and continued with her business.

 

However, no matter how hard she tried not to be late, she failed to do so since she had a trouble looking for the venue of their meeting.

 

When she finally found the building, she went straight to the clerk and ask for the details.

 

“Good morning ma’am, may I help you?”

 

“I have an appointment with Mr. Kwon and Mr. Park. Do you know where I can find them?” Tiffany asked while catching her breath.

 

“Yes ma’am, they have been waiting for you at the conference room. Please go to the 22nd floor, turn right, then the first door that you will see is the conference room.”

 

“Thank you very much.”

 

Tiffany hurried towards the elevator but then without looking to her path, she suddenly stumbles to the ground and dropped her things.

 

“Aish!” Tiffany exclaimed in frustration because she’s already late and now, she messed her things in front of many people.

 

“Oh sorry Miss…” The girl whom she bumped kneeled down and helped her pick up her things.

 

Tiffany looked up from the source of the voice and saw a stunning tanned girl with black hair and hazelnut eyes.  However, this admiration is short-lived and was turned into irritation when she remembered that she’s already late from the meeting.

 

When she got up, she didn’t even look back at the girl and went immediately to the elevator.

 

“Hey Miss, you left your handkerchief…” The tanned girl didn’t manage to catch up with Tiffany since the elevator has already closed.

 

Somehow, the tanned girl found Tiffany mysterious maybe because of her blonde hair, which is unusual to see in their place; but also her snobbish attitude which made her felt more curious about Tiffany.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

A/N: I guess you already know who the tanned girl is… WAIT!!!!!! Before you freak out or anything, I’m not gonna make extra pairings FOR NOW…. It’s just SOOSICFANY…with slight YULSIC and HYOFANY but other than that…who knows? HAHAHAHA.Anyway, just drop your comments down there. Thanks for reading^^