Chapter 31

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Days have passed but things between Sooyoung and Jessica aren’t still fixed. Jessica continues to ignore the latter’s efforts to make upwith her. What’s worst is she just ended up crying and sulking every night. However, she still continues to be stubborn and stand on her decision to keep distance from Sooyoung. In contrast with Jessica, Sooyoung never stopped on finding ways to apologize to the girl though at times, she starts to get tired at it.

 

Before going to work, Sooyoung stopped by at Jessica’s apartment, hoping that she would see her there. She went near to the door and knocked at it. She continued to knock but still, there was no response.

 

“Sica… Are you here? Please, open the door.”

 

KNOCK! KNOCK!KNOCK!

 

“Sica…”

 

KNOCK!KNOCK!

 

“Sica? Mianhe… Please…”

 

“Ehem, excuse me miss? Are you looking for Jessica sshi?” an ahjumma called Sooyoung’s attention.

 

“h-huh? Ah, nae… is she here?”

 

Sooyoung hoped for a positive answer from the ahjumma but the latter shook her head. Sooyoung frowned at it.

 

“Mianhe but Jessica sshi said to me that she’ll be on a vacation. She gave back the key to me and said that she’ll be back in a month.”

 

“Did she tell you where she’s going?”

 

“Aniyo. Why? Do you need something from her?”

 

“Uhh, n-nothing. But, if she comes back, please call me in this number.” Sooyoung handed a calling card to the lady and then bowed to bid farewell.

 

“Where are you Jessica?”

 

 

 

-----------

 

 

 

Yuri was now busy reviewing their Jeju project to ensure that glitches will be prevented to occur. Actually, the project does not require a lot of constructions, aside from the coffee shop suggested by Tiffany, since they’ll just renovate and flourish the site. So if everything went well, it’ll be finish within 6-7 months.

 

There’s nothing funny about the comprehensive report that Yuri has been reading but the smile on her face didn’t fade away. She kept on giggling and glancing on her phone once in a while like she’s waiting for someone to reply or send a message to her.

 

Once her phone vibrated, she immediately checked it and again, the smile on her face just grew wider.

 

FR: Tiffany~

Just watching tv, lazy to do stuffs…Why’d you ask?

 

TO: Tiffany~

Hmm, i’m just wondering if you would like to grab some dinner with me tonight?^^

 

Yuri pressed the send button and patiently waited for a reply. She knew she was quite bold in asking such things to Tiffany but she just wanted to know her better, aside from the fact that she’s also bored at her work. And then suddenly, her phone vibrated again.

 

FR: Tiffany~

Why with me?I’m too lazy to move X_X

 

TO: Tiffany~

Because…You need to pay me back.

 

FR: Tiffany~

For what?

 

TO: Tiffany~

For taking you home when you are wasted. Thanks to me you got home safe :)

 

FR: Tiffany~

Nae?? But… I’m really lazy to even stand up!

 

TO: Tiffany~

Please Tiffany~ Don’t worry, it’s my treat. ^^

 

FR: Tiffany~

:P

 

TO: Tiffany~

Please please please please? Super puhleassssse?

 

TO: Tiffany~

Please please please please?

 

TO: Tiffany

Super duper mega ultra puhleassssse?

 

FR: Tiffany~

Aish! Fine!!! just stop spamming me :p

 

TO: Tiffany~

Jinja?! Yey! I’ll fetch you there at 6:30pm okay? Thanks Tiff! ^_^

 

Yuri put down her phone and laughed. She bet Tiffany was annoyed for commanding her to do such things. She just hoped that the girl will really go with her.

 

 

------------

 

 

“Sooyoung sshi…”

 

“Sooyoung sshi…”

 

“Yah Choi Sooyoung!” Siwon yelled at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung snapped back from her wandering thoughts and faced her fuming cousin. The committee members have been calling her many times but it seems that she didn’t hear them since her mind was flying to somewhere else. She’s been thinking where on the Earth Jessica could be.

 

“M-mianheyo… What was that again?”

 

“Aish! Guys, let’s continue this meeting tomorrow. You can leave now. And you, Sooyoung ah, stay here.” Siwon ordered and then the rest went out except for Sooyoung.

 

“Yah! What’s your problem huh?”

 

“Nothing.” Sooyoung said while looking down.

 

“Really huh? Then why can’t you focus on our meeting?”

 

“I’m focusing okay? It’s just that I didn’t hear you guys.”

 

“Stop making excuses and answer me. Why are you acting this way?”

 

“I said nothing!” Sooyoung retorted. Siwon was rather taken aback at her cousin’s outburst. But Sooyoung quickly realized that she did wrong so she apologized to him.

 

“a-ah… Mianheyo.. I didn’t m-mean to-“

 

“Enough. I won’t dig in more about that thing okay? But what matters to me is you, Sooyoung. Have you ever looked at yourself at the mirror? You look really…awful.”

 

“J-jinja? I didn’t know that…” Sooyoung chuckled bitterly.

 

“Soo, I just want to remind you that YOU are the president of this company. Soojin trusted this position to you so I hope you’ll do your responsibilities. I don’t know what’s bothering you but please Sooyoung, don’t forget that there are other more important matters than that.”

 

“Nae, I understand. Mianhe… it’s just that… these past few days are too rough for me.”

 

Siwon then walked near her and patted her back. He realized that her cousin was indeed troubled by something so also feel sorry whenever he snarled at her.

 

“Just…pray to God. He will help you whatever it is.”

 

“Since when did you become this nice?” Sooyoung gave Siwon a surprised look.

 

“Tsk. Consider yourself lucky then.”

 

Siwon then give a light squeeze on Sooyoung’s hand and then left the room. Sooyoung heaved a deep sigh and rest her back on the chair.

 

“Aisssshhhh! Stressss!” she squealed. Just then, someone’s calling on her phone.

 

“Hel—“

 

“Soooyoungieeee!!!!”

 

The other line screamed which irked Sooyoung, since her ear can fall-off from the high pitched voice over the line.

 

“YAH! Nuguseyo?!”

 

“Sooyoungie! It’s me! Hyomin!”

 

“Hyomin??? Oh… how did you get my number?” Sooyoung’s mood slowly changed from being annoyed into a calm one.

 

“I have my ways. HAHA! Anyway, let’s have dinner, my treat!” Hyomin sounded very excited about this.

 

“Huh? I think I’ll pass for now. Mianhe.” Sooyoung lowly said.

 

“Are you kidding me?! You will miss this EATING opportunity?!”

 

“I’m also surprised Hyominnie… I can’t seem to find my appetite these past few days…”

 

“Love sick, right?” Hyomin asked.

 

“You know me very well huh?”

 

“You’re always like that when you broke-up with Tiffany. So…does that means that it has something to do with Jessie?”

 

Sooyoung stiffened upon hearing Tiffany’s name but still managed to answer Hyomin back.

 

“Why are you so smart?” Sooyoung smirked though the latter can’t see it.

 

“Of course I am! So what, are you coming with me?”

 

“Hyomin ah, I said I’m not in the mood to eat. Just look for somebody else to accompany you.”

 

“ANIYO! You’re eating with me whether you like it or not. We need to talk okay? You should vent things out…like the usual thing we did before. You don’t want to be crazy thinking about it ALONE right?” Hyomin said a warning tone.

 

“I think you’re right. Fine, I’ll go. Want me to fetch you?”

 

“Aniyo, let’s just meet there. At the Japanese resto near our hotel arasseo?”

 

“Nae. See yah”

 

Sooyoung put down her phone and sighed. Good thing Hyomin called her. At least, she felt a bit relieve because of that.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

“Unnie…” Krystal knocked at her room.

 

“Waeyo?” Jessica lazily rose from her bed and wiped her swollen eyes.

 

“I’ll just go to Amber’s house, we’re gonna make our school project. You’re food is ready, eat well arasseo?”

 

“Nae, take care!”

 

She then heard her sister’s footsteps become low until it can’t be heard anymore, indicating that she already left. She lies down on her bed and stared at the ceiling.

 


“Am I doing the right thing?” She mumbled. She’s now having second thoughts on what she has done. But still, she thought that she’s not yet ready to face Sooyoung.

 

Actually, she wanted to see Sooyoung badly. But whenever she tried to do it, she just remembered what Sooyoung did to her. It was the fact that Sooyoung has lied to her because of Tiffany (A/N: the convenience store scene, remember?), and also, the kissing scene she witnessed at the party.

 

“Aissssh! Miwohaeyo!” She squealed. Just then, her phone vibrated. She received a text from Sooyoung. It’s not the usual text that Sooyoung has sent to her before, which are composed mostly by apologies and asking for forgiveness.

 

FR: Youngie <3

Sweetie, I miss you so much~ <3

 

She smiled a bit from reading it. Her hands were itching to reply back but she stops herself from doing so. Then again, another text came in.

 

FR: Youngie <3

Sica, where are you? I want to see you badly :’(

 

She felt bad when she read it. But still, she chose to ignore that message. Jessica stood up from her bed when her phone vibrated again.

 

FR: Youngie <3

Sica, don’t skip your meals arasseo? I don’t want you to get sick :D

 

A tear fell from her eyes. Jessica was touched on how Sooyoung cares for her knowing that she didn’t do anything better but to ignore her all along. Now, she’s eager to talk with Sooyoung so she reached out her phone back and when she’s about to dial her number, it rang so she immediately answered it without looking on the caller id.

 

“Sooyoungie!”

 

“Err…Jessie, it’s me, Yuri.”

 

“Oh, jinja? M-mianhe…” Jessica apologized and quite disappointed at it.

 

“So…you’re expecting Sooyoung to call you?”

 

“A-aniyo. It’s not like that… Anyway, why did you call?”

 

“Jessie, I’m just worried at you with what happened at the party. Gwaenchana?” Yuri sounded very concerned. Jessica sighed which was heard by Yuri over the line.

 

“Never been better. Yuri ah…eotteoke? I’m so messed up.” Jessica whined.

 

“Waeyo? What did you do?”

 

“I b-broke up with her.” Jessica burst into tears again.

 

“MWO?! A-are you serious? Why did you do that?” Yuri inquired. She doesn’t know what to feel since she can’t be happy if her best friend’s happiness will be compromised.

 

“Molla… *sniff* I seriously hate myself now…*sniff*”

 

“Ssshh,uljima Jessica ah… Based on how you’re acting right now, you seemed you’re regretting it. Why don’t you talk with her?”

 

“I want to. B-but…”

 

“But why?” Yuri dug in more.

 

“I’m scared… there are a lot of things that’s really bugging me…”

 

“Jessica, where exactly is you? I’ll go there.”

 

“Ayy, ani~ You don’t have to. Besides, I still need time to be alone…just to think things over.”

 

“Are you sure? Yah! Don’t do something stupid huh!” Yuri warned.

 

“Babo! Of course I won’t.” Jessica giggled a bit and wiped her tears.

 

“Jessie, just don’t forget that I’m here. Don’t hesitate to call me when you needed someone to talk with, get it?”

 

“Nae, thanks Yuri ah.”

 

“Love you Jessie…” Yuri meant it though the latter take it in a friendly way.

 

“Nado~ Bye!”

 

Jessica sighed and stared back at the ceiling. She was thankful she has someone to tell her problems with. On the other hand, Yuri was still in shock to know that Jessica broke up with Sooyoung. She’s curious to what could have been the reason and at the same time, she can’t hide the fact that what’s happening is in her favor.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

##Sumgyeo do twinkle eojjeona?

Nune hwahk ttwi janha
Beire ssayeo isseodo

naneun twinkle tiga na##

 

Hyoyeon is dancing with the song from her favorite girl group TaeTiSeo. It has been her routine to dance whenever she’s stressed from work. However, it’s not her workload which gives her stress but instead, it’s the girl who’s been bugging her mind for days…Hyomin.

 

She reminisces the moments they danced together at the party – how she moves, flips her hair, and waves her body. It was totally a sight to remember. How she wish she could see the girl now and talk to her.

 

However, it was very frustrating on Hyoyeon’s part because no matter how eager she wants to talk with her, she doesn’t know how to contact Hyomin.

 

##Keudaeye twinkle nareul bwah
Eodil bwah? Nareul bwah
Chikchikhan os sogeseodo
Naneun twinkle taega na##

 

She shook her head and focused on the music. She swiftly followed the steps of the dance but then Hyomin’s face suddenly popped out from her mind. She was startled so she stumbled down and fall her on the floor.

 

“Awwww! What the… Aigoo!” Hyoyeon ruffled her hair and tried to get up. She rubbed her and went to the kitchen to drink some water.

 

“Hyomin ah… when can I see you again? You’re driving me crazy!!” she shrieked.

 

Hyoyeon then goes back to her room and sprawled her body on the bed. She badly wants to see Hyomin and she thought to herself that she’ll do anything to make it possible.

 

“Aish, whydidn’t I think about this earlier?” She picked up her phone and called her assistant.

 

“Hello, Director-nim. What can I do for you?” The other line said politely.

 

“Seohyun ah, I want you to gather info about someone.”

 

“Nae. Who is it Hyoyeon sshi?”

 

“Park Hyomin. I want you to know everything about her especially her phone number. Can you give it to me by tomorrow?”

 

“H-huh? Urmm… Okay, I’ll do my best Director-nim.”

 

Hyoyeon then put down her phone and lay back on the bed. She covered her head and squealed for joy. She’s very excited for tomorrow and she’d hoped that she’ll get what she wants.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

“Tiffany! Over here!” Yuri waved at Tiffany who just came out from the building. Tiffany then smiled at her, and then walked towards the car. Yuri opened the door for her.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“No problem Tiff.” Yuri smiled secretly so that the latter can’t see it, then she get in also and started to drive off.

 

“So, do you have something that you’re craving at?” Yuri asked Tiffany.

 

“Hmmm… Lemme see. I want…Japanese food!”

 

“Jinja? I guess we don’t need to go far. I know a place near here. Is that okay?”

 

“Sure!” Tiffany smiled in delight and leaned back on the head rest.

 

In just a few minutes, they arrived at the Japanese restaurant. Being a gentlewoman, she opened the door for Tiffany again and gladly guided the girl towards the resto.

 

When they came in, there are already a lot of people who’s occupying the seats. That makes it hard to find a seat for them.

 

“Uh oh, seems like all the people are craving for Japanese food huh?” Yuri grunted.

 

“I see. There’s no more vacant seat Yuri ah. Aww… I really want to eat here. But it seems that we can’t do anything. Kajja, let’s eat somewhere.” Tiffany pouted which Yuri thought it as an amusing sight for her.

 

“Ani. Wait, I’ll try to look for some other seats.” Yuri looked around the resto but still, all the seats are occupied. Well, except at that table for four where a girl sat alone. She takes a closer look at her and fortunately, she knows her.

 

“Tiffany, come here, I think we can share a seat with that girl.”

 

Before Tiffany could protest, Yuri holds her hand and pulled her towards that table. Tiffany felt something indescribable when their hands touched. It’s not that bad but it’s not that good either. She just shrugged her thoughts about it and focused on following Yuri. And then, they reached the table Yuri has been pertaining to.

 

“Hyomin ah!” Yuri tapped Hyomin’s shoulder.

 

“oh? Yuri! You’re gonna eat here also?”

 

“Yes…but unfortunately, there’s no more seat. So I’ve been thinking if we can share this table with you?” Yuri looked at her with puppy eyes. Hyomin giggled at her actions.

 

“Sure, no problem. Here, have a seat.” Hyomin moved her gaze on the girl who’s with Yuri.

 

It’s T-Tiffany right? What is she doing with Yuri?, Hyomin thought.

 

Yuri sat infront of Hyomin, while Tiffany sat beside Yuri. So basically, there is only one vacant seat, and that is beside Hyomin.

 

“Ah, before anything else, Hyomin ah, she’s Tiffany. I bet you know her already.” Yuri introduced Tiffany to Hyomin. Tiffany bowed slightly while Hyomin just gave a weird smile.

 

“Yeah…so, are you two going out?” Hyomin bluntly asked. Yuri and Tiffany were surprised to hear it in which Yuri even blushed a bit. Tiffany quickly denied it.

 

“Aniyo! Haha. I-I was just r-returning a f-favor to her. That’s all.” Tiffany scratched her head.

 

“That’s true! Hyomin ah, we’re not dating. Geez! How can you ask something like that?” Yuri felt awkward because of that.

 

“I’m just kidding! HAHA! But honestly, you look good together.” Hyomin smirked. The other two just blushed at it but Yuri’s the more evident one.

 

“Stop teasing us, Hyomin! Tsk! Anyway, are you waiting for someone?” Yuri asked intently.

 

“Yes, but don’t worry, she’s just one so I think we still fit in this table.” Hyomin assured them.

 

“Let’s wait for her before we order.” Tiffany politely said. Yuri and Hyomin just nodded. After a few minutes, the person they have been waiting already came.

 

“Oh, there she is! Hey, over here!” Hyomin waves her hand so the girl can see her. Since Yuri and Tiffany’s back is facing the girl’s direction, they turned their heads around to see who it is. Just then, their mouths were in agape when they saw the girl.

 

“Sooyoungie! You just arrived in time!”

 

 

 

 

 

------------

 

CLIFFY! Haha! Sorry for the late update… I’m just lazy to type. So…another lousy chapter. Guess I’m not that inspired to write some drama so…there, a boring chappy. HAHA. If you have any questions, suggestions, comments, just write it down there. THANK YOU! LOVE YOU ALL!