Chapter 42

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

A/N: everything will be in my POV enjoy! sorry for the grammatical errors, i was kind of rushing and i better sleep now. yeah, this but yeah...just read it. HAHAHA :) 

 

 

 

 

 

CHAPTER 42

 

“I want to go back to US.”

 

Hyoyeon faced Tiffany in aghast, as if she was hearing a big joke from her bestfriend. She just shook her head in disbelief.

 

“Are you nuts? How about the deal with the Kwons? You can’t just ditch that for some personal reasons. I’m pretty sure your father will be furious”, Hyo said in a-matter-of-fact tone.

 

“I know! But I don’t know where I should stand now. I’m not even sure if having Soo is worth the damaged I’ve caused to Jessica.” Tiffany said remorsefully.

 

Just then, Hyoyeon moved towards Tiffany and made the other girl look at her.

 

“What do you mean? What happened to Jessica?”

 

Tiffany looked away while fidgeting her fingers. She’s not sure if she should tell her best friend what happened because she knows it would just complicate things.

 

“…”

 

“Tiffany, I’m asking you. What happened?”

 

“J-Jessica… she’s…”

 

“What? C’mon! Tell me please?” Hyoyeon pleaded.

 

“She’s in the hospital. Sooyoung said that…she tried to end her life..a-and… she’s not r-really in a good condition right now.”

 

Hyoyeon was stunned to hear that. She never expected things to turn out like this. And with that, she just hugged Tiffany and patted her back, in which the other girl started to pour out everything on her shoulder.

 

“Sssh, don’t worry bestie. Everything will be fine.”

 

And while the tears are flowing, Tiffany hoped the same thing to happen.

 

I hope…

 

 

----

 

 

“Soo…”

 

Ring…

 

Ring…

 

“Soo…”

 

Ring…

 

“Sooyoung ah, wake up…”

 

Sooyoung jerked at the sound of Jessica’s voice. She slowly lifted her head from her arms and rubbed her eyes, since she just slept beside Jessica’s bed. She was then welcomed with a warm smile from the girl beside her, while shoving her messy hair to her ear.

 

“Soo, you’re phone is ringing.” Jessica weakly said.

 

“Huh? Ah, damn! I’m sorry Sica! Did I wake you up?” Sooyoung said while scrambling to her phone. Jessica just let out a soft chuckle.

 

“Don’t worry, its fine. Go on, that call must be important.” Sooyoung nodded and excused herself as she answered the call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“It’s me, Yuri.”

 

“Oh, why did you call?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“How was she?” Yuri asked in a concerned tone.

 

“Don’t worry, she’s doing pretty fine now. The doctor said that she just needs to rest so that she can recover quickly.”

 

Yuri sighed in relief. “That’s good then. Oh well, I should go now.”

 

“Hey Kwon, wait, hold up.” Sooyoung halted Yuri from dropping the call.

 

“What is it, Choi?”

 

Sooyoung was hesitating to continue, for she knows that the other girl will just deny her request.

 

“uhmm, forget it. Sorry, I have to go.” Sooyoung already ended the call without allowing Yuri to answer. She went back beside Jessica and saw her with eyes closed.

 

Sooyoung sat down and sighed at the sight she’s looking at. How can I hurt this angel? She asked to herself.

 

She moved her hand to Jessica’s forehead, clearing the view from her disheveled hair. Of course, she can’t shove that guilty feeling within her overnight. With all that’s happening right now, there’s nothing to blame but herself. No one else but herself.

 

“How can I be so dumb?” she whispered loud enough for Jessica to hear.

 

“Soo...”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“I love you…”

 

“…” Sooyoung just nodded her head and let out a weak smile. However, that simple gesture still hurts Jessica.

 

“Soo?”

 

“Yes?

 

Jessica reached out for Sooyoung’s hand and held it. To her, it felt like holding onto the edge of the cliff, saving her dear life – to the point that the moment she slipped from her grip, it would be the end for her. For them.  She doesn’t want to lose her. She can’t lose her. Jessica has learned to live her life beside Sooyoung, and she’s not prepared for even an inch to face this kind of hurting. Well, nobody does.

 

“Soojin unnie must be angry with me now, right?”

 

“Hey… don’t worry about that. She’s not –“Sooyoung was cut off when Jessica butted in.

 

“You can go now sweetie.”

 

“Are you sure? You’re not yet fi– ” Sooyoung disagreed.

 

“But you have to. I’ve caused you a lot of trouble and I know your sister will be angry at you for abandoning your work.” Jessica said.

 

“But Sica…”

 

“It’s fine, besides, you’ll go back, right?” Jessica asked with hopeful eyes, like pleading Sooyoung to stick to their deal.

 

“I will.” Sooyoung bid farewell and turned around to go when Jessica speaks out again.

 

“And one more…”

 

“Hmm?” Sooyoung halted on her tracks then faced Jessica.

 

“You can’t see her. We have a deal, remember?”

 

Sooyoung hesitated to answer for a moment, guilt was written all over her face again, but she shrugged it right away and kept her thoughts about the deal they had. She agreed to give Jessica a month to be with her in exchange of promising not to do anything stupid again, as well as taking Tiffany out of the problem.

 

“I know. You don’t have to remind me.”

 

 

And at that very moment, Sooyoung’s heart was shattered into pieces.

 

---

 

Tiffany has been constantly checking up on her phone whether Sooyoung has texted or called but there were no signs of it. She even excused herself from the meeting to check if she just don’t have the signal but still, there was nothing coming in. And now, she can barely focus on their agenda, thinking of what must have happened to Sooyoung.

 

“Miss Hwang, do you have any suggestions?”

 

“Uh?”

 

“We were asking you if there’s anything you wanted to change on the target launching date or does the project seemed rushed?” asked patiently by Mr. Kwon.

 

“Oh, I’m sorry…”

 

“You don’t look well, Miss Hwang. Is there any problem?” Tiffany just looked down.

 

“Okay, let’s wrap this meeting for now. I need your inputs tomorrow, Tiffany.” Mr. Kwon said as he patted Tiffany’s back.

 

“Yes Sir.”

 

Tiffany grabbed her things and walked out of the room hanging her head low. But then upon coming out of the room, she bumped someone and her things fell into the floor.

 

“Aaack!”

 

“Hey I’m so sorry! Let me help you.” the girl started picking up her stuff. She was then surprised to see who that girl is.

 

“Yuri? Oh gosh! It’s fine!” Tiffany quickly scrambled through her things and snatched some of those from Yuri. She then stood up and bowed a bit.

 

“Wait! Tiffany!”

 

Tiffany halted on her tracks and turned to see Yuri looking at her worriedly.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Tiffany let out a weak smile. “Do Kwons have the hobby of asking the same question?”

 

Yuri just stared at her, puzzled. “Eh?”

 

“Nothing…” Tiffany chuckled a bit.

 

“Hey what’s funny huh? I don’t get it!” Yuri inched closer to Tiffany then playfully slapped Tiffany’s arm.

 

“You are.” Then Tiffany flashed her eyesmile, this time, it was full – blown.

 

Yuri blushed on that remark. “Yah! I-I’m not!”

 

“Cutie. By the way, I have to go now. See yah!”

 

Yuri wanted to follow but she was frozen on her spot. She couldn’t believe herself to feel giddy about seeing Tiffany that day.

 

Her chest can explode at any minute for this incomprehensible feeling.

 

What the fck was that?

 

---

 

In the middle of the board of directors meeting, someone barged inside. All eyes went straight to the figure sitting on the President’s seat. Most of them just shook their heads with that act of the President’s sister, for they were already used to its attitude. However, someone is not that very pleased on what Sooyoung did.

 

“Why are you here?” Siwon asked sternly.

 

“Shouldn’t I be here?” Sooyoung refuted and crossed her legs.

 

“Oh, after you caused a ‘scene’ at the Party and being lost in the wilderness for how many days, do you think you still have the right to sit on that ‘seat’?” Siwon said, annoyingly enough to offend Sooyoung.

 

“You– “ Just when about Sooyoung was about to stand up and plunge into Siwon, their uncle stepped in between them.

 

“Aish, you too kiddos, can you just settle that later? Let’s get this done and over with first.”

 

Both of them complied and returned to their seats. After the meeting, Siwon quickly approached Sooyoung and closed the door behind them.

 

“Where the hell did you go, Little Soo? Soojin was so furious!”

 

“I know okay? That’s why I’m here. I’m trying to fix it now don’t you see?” Sooyoung darted at Siwon.

 

“You better fix it fast. Unless you want an instant trip to Japan.” Siwon smirked and left Sooyoung, stoned on her spot.

 

“What a life, huh?”

 

Sooyoung sat on the swivel chair and leaned backwards. Her head is hurting. And so is her heart. If only she would be selfish, she wouldn’t care if she would be sent to Japan. But she must not make the same mistakes she did before.

 

She knows it’s time to face her demons.

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

too short, iknow. 

i'll make it up to you next time!

xoxo

loveyou all for staying! <3