Chapter 15

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

 

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON’s POV

 

“H-Hyoyeon??”

 

That voice sounds familiar… very very much… So I stopped bowing and look at her…

 

It was Sooyoung. I was shocked to see her in MY company. I mean, what is she doing here?

 

I remained frozen at that moment, trying to figure out what’s happening.

 

“Hyoyeon sshi… “ She looked at me in disbelief, and then she came near to me but I moved away, pass by her  and went straight to the elevator.

 

“Yah! Hyo! Wa—“ I didn’t look back at her until the elevator door closes.Sooyoung?! Is that really you?

 

I can’t face her, and moreover, talk to her. After all the things that have happened before, I don’t know how to deal with her.

 

Why? Coz I still hate her for causing so much trouble and pain to Fany. I can clearly remember how she despised my bestfriend… she didn’t even let her explain! And the fact that she suddenly had a new girl after several weeks from their breakup? She’s so mean! If she only saw how Fany sulk and cried herself out during those “torture” weeks, she may have a change of heart.

 

--FLASHBACK--

 

I went to Fany’s room to say goodbye to her. I need to go back to Korea since I just took a quick break from taking care of my late sister’s business, just to check on my bestfriend.

 

I was really worried when I heard that she and Sooyoung broke up. Man, that was a 3-year relationship and all of a sudden, it was blown away? So I think, it’s really serious so I rushed to go here in L.A. to see how Fany has been dealing with such things.

 

And I’m right, she can’t handle it. She’s been crying every night, letting herself to starve, and worst, barely having a good sleep. I tried to stop her from what she’s doing – constantly visiting the Chois even if they won’t allow her to see Sooyoung – but she’s so stubborn.

 

At this moment, she’s been locking herself in her room, probably because she heard that Sooyoung hasflew back to Korea to stay there for good.

 

“Fany ah, it’s me Hyoyeon… Can I come in?” I twisted the doorknob but it was locked.

 

“Hey bessie, please open the door… I need to talk to you…”

 

“…….” No response. I’m having a bad feeling about this.

 

“Fany? Fany ah…” I increased my pace on knocking the door. But still, it won’t open. Just then, I heard a loud thud, followed by a cluttering sound inside. With that, I look for the spare key and luckily, I found it.

 

I quickly opened the door just to see her lying on the floor, trying to get up, with the shards of vase beside her. I rushed to her to help her.

 

“Fany ah! What the hell are you doing huh?! Are you trying to kill yourself?!”

 

“A-aniyo… I was… I w-was about o-open th-the door….but I… I feel s-so dizzy and—“

 

“Yah! Paboya Miyoung ah!” with that, I hugged her so tight while fighting back my tears. I can’t afford to loose another person who I love, she’s the only one I have now. She’s like a family to me, with my parents and sister all gone now.

 

“Bestie… It h-hurts… hurts so m-much…” I heard her say while starting to whimper. I can smell the alcohol from her, so that’s why I can see beer cans all over the place.

 

I pulled of from the hug and look at her, and then cupped her face. Her make-up was a big mess, her puffy red eyes are now matched with her bulging eyebags, her hair was disheveled, and she is pale.

 

If Sooyoung can see how Fany was doing right now, she’ll regret everything what she’s done.

 

“Sshhh… Look at me Fany…” I fixed her head to look at me; I caressed her face while wiping off the tears from her.

 

“Forget her. That’s the only way you can get through this…”

 

“B-but I can’t! I still love her!”

 

“She’s not worth it! She dumped you… she left you… she DOESN’T love you anymore!”I lose my control so that’s why I said that. I need to put some sense on her head. But then,

 

PAK!

 

She slapped me. Of course, I was so shocked.

 

“Don’t ever say that… I know… I know sh-she still loves me…”

 

PAK!

 

I slapped her in return. She’s really a dumb right now.

 

“Are you dumb?! If she still loves you, where is she?Huh?!”

 

With that, she only hugged me… A hug that was longing for care… for guidance… and for love…

 

“You’ll gonna get over this soon… Fany…”

 

--END OF FLASHBACK--

 

“Ding!” The elevator has already reached the ground floor, and that bell snapped me back to reality.  As I walk towards my car, my phone rang.

 

“Yeobseyo?”

 

“Yah! Where are you? I’ve been waiting for you for about…..uhm…. 3 minutes?” I heard a sweet chuckle after that line…She’s here.

 

“Fany ah! Mianhe! I’m on my way. Just wait for me okay? I just met S-s….uhmm.. . someone…”

 

I shouldn’t tell her. I know she’s trying to move on so it’s not good to tell her that I saw Sooyoung… I don’t want her to have hope that she and Sooyoung will be back to each other. She should’ve moved on by now.

 

“Someone? I smell something fishy huh…”

 

“Ahh… don’t mind that.. eheh… Just stay there arasseo?! I’ll be there in a jiffy.”

 

“Nae… I’ll wait for you… I miss you so much bestie!”

 

“Nado… Okay, bye!”

 

I put down my phone and then drive off to the airport.

 

SOOYOUNG’S POV

 

I watched her go beyond me. I tried to call her back but she won’t look.

 

“Hyoyeon ah…” I muttered under my breath. Why is she here? Don’t tell me she is the… she’s the…

 

“Youngie!” I got back to my senses when Jessica yelled my name. I was surprised when she suddenly popped out of nowhere. Maybe, I didn’t notice her since I was zoning off awhile ago.

 

“Yah, you look like you saw a ghost or something? Wae?” Jessica asked to me with a teasing voice.

 

“N-nothing… Uhmmm, where is your office?”

 

“You’re bad at directions huh? C’mon, I’ll bring you there.” She holds my hand and then pulls me towards her office. I just let her drag me because I’m still figuring things out.

 

When we reached her office, I can’t believe at what I saw. Her office is definitely huge! It is as big as my office in our company. I wonder how Jessica managed to have this kind of treatment.

 

“Woah. Your office is just…. huge… Are you the boss or something?” I chuckled.

 

“Uhuh… I told you, they treasure me here. That’s why I really love this job so much.” She said and then motioned to her table.  She gets her stuffs and pulls a box under her table.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“Ahh…It’s the package from my boss that I need to give to Mr. Park. It is kinda heavy so I needed your help.”

 

“Now I know, you’re job here is to be a delivery girl right?”I .

 

“Youngie? I was just doing a favor to my boss, besides, she treats me very well.”

 

She? That rings a bell to me. I need to ask who her boss is.

 

“By the way, who’s your boss? You haven’t told that to me before.”I said in a serious tone.

 

“Oh… Do I have to? It doesn’t matter anyway…”

 

“Well, it DOES matter to me now…” I said raising my voice a bit.

 

“What’s with the fussy mode? Don’t tell me you’re jealous again?” she sighed.

 

“I’m not… I just wanna know who she is…”

 

“She’s Hyoyeon. Kim Hyoyeon. Happy?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------

So… an update… =) I’m really sorry…but SooFany meet up will be on our way…SOON. A little bit drabbles first then I’ll put the DRAAAAAAAAAAMA. Kekekekeke^^ so any comments? Or questions? Don’t hesitate to post it down there. Thank you for reading!

 

p.s. is this story getting boring? T________T