Chapter 30

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: I never noticed that I already reached my 30th chapter! Hooray! I didn’t expect this story to go this far, thanks to you guys for inspiring me to keep this on going :) mwaaaah! I applaud all the other fanfic writers over there because our job is not really easy, so I raise my thumbs for you guys^^. BTW, I wanna say sorry if I made some of you cry on the previous chapter…guess what? Something came up on my mind and I think, that’ll make up for everything^^ I’m really touched with your comments. Love you! oookay, enough of the ramblings, here’s the 30th chappy ^^vITALICS ARE THOUGHTS.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

TIFFANY’s POV

 

Headache greeted me when I woke up. I groaned and rubbed my forehead when I got up from bed.

 

Did I drink that much? Awww… This !

 

I yawned and put my feet on the floor searching for my slippers. But wait…

 

How did I end up here? As far as I can remember, I was super wasted last night…

 

I tried to remember what else happened last night. I stood up and then walk towards the door but then, I tripped on something which made me slightly loose my balance but good thing I was able to hold onto the table beside me. But then, what shocked me was to see a foot on the floor…and…it’s not mine!

 

“OH WHATTHEF*CK!!!! WHAAAAAAA!!!” I screamed out of my lungs and I promise, it’ll break all the glasses in my condo.

 

It scared me more to see a body covered with a blanket. I screamed more when that body moved and rise. Then I went to my bed to grab my pillow and then I smashed it endlessly onto it which made it lie down again.

 

“Yah! HEY!!!! Stop it Tiffany! Ackk! It hurts!”

 

She knows my name? Don’t tell me it’s one of my stalkers in LA?! No way!

 

I removed the blanket covering that thing when suddenly, it bolted up and bumped onto my head. Then I finally saw who it was.

 

“OUCH!” we said in unison.

 

“Yuri? W-what are you doing here? AND also… what happened last night? How did I get up here? A-and… HOW DID I CHANGE MY CLOTHES??” I asked while rubbing my forehead.

 

“Tiffany! Mianhe! Jeongmal mianhe. You drunk too much last night up to a point that you slept on the table. So I decided to drive you off to your place. After I put you here on your bed, I went down to go home. Unfortunately, my gas ran out and it was already midnight so I can’t seek for any help. That’s why I decided to spend the night here. And as for your clothes… It’s a hassle if you sleep with your gown right? So… I changed it for you. BUT DON’T WORRY! I turned off the lights so that I can’t see you.” Yuri explained while blushing. Now I wonder why she blushes. HAHA!

 

“Mwo??? Y-you mean, you t-touched me???!” I squealed.

 

“ANIYO! That’s not it. I promise, I didn’t do anything that can harm you Tiff.”

 

“Ahh…Is that so? B-but, wait! Why are you lying on the floor?! You scared me to death!”I grabbed my pillow again and tried to smash to Yuri.

 

“Hey! Don’t! I can explain again. Haha! I tried to sleep on the couch but it’s very cold on the living room. I can’t find the switch for the heater there so I sneak into your room. BUT! I didn’t do anything Tiff! In fact, I just slept on the floor. And…I also borrowed your extra blanket. Hehe.”

 

I saw Yuri shyly scratched her head.And then I slapped her arm.

 

“Awww! What was that for?”

 

“Aish… You must’ve at least slept on the bed and not there lying lifelessly on the floor! I thought I was going to have a heart attack a while ago.” I crossed her arm and pouted. Just then, Yuri just smiled and pinch my cheeks.

 

“Ouchh! Yah! My cheeks!”

 

“Aigoo! Why are you so cute in every way? You’re beautiful when you smile, when you sleep, and even if when you’re angry.”

 

I blushed on Yuri’s remarks as I didn’t expect her to say such things. So I stood up and cover my reddening cheeks.

 

“Uhhmm.. I-I’ll wait you at t-the kitchen. You can use the bathroom f-first.”

 

“O-okay… Tiff… m-mind if I borrow some clothes? I think I stink… hehe.”

 

“Wait, I’ll just check if there’s something that will fit you.”

 

I went to my cabinet and scanned it. My clothes were kinda small for Yuri so I looked for something that can fit her. After scrambling over my wardrobe, I saw a loose white shirt,with a huge black heart print on it, which is indeed larger than me so I think it’ll fit Yuri. But then, I remembered something about this t-shirt.

 

S-Sooyoung…

 

This is one of Sooyoung’s shirts that are left in my house because she used to have some sleepover way back in States. Yeah, I brought it here in Korea for sentimental reasons. However, I guess I need to start moving on now as she said. Besides, it is what she wants so I’ll grant it for her.

 

“I think this fits you. Sorry , that’s all I have here.”  I handed her the shirt.

 

“No problem, it’s okay. Thanks Tiff.”

 

I just nodded and headed out of the room. I check my cupboard to get something to eat. After a few minutes, Yuri came out so I called her.

 

“Let’s eat. Sorry, I don’t have anything decent to eat here so I hope you still like it.” I handed her a bowl of cereals with milk.

 

“Oh, you really don’t have to worry about me. I can eat anything. HAHA!”

 

I just giggled at her and then we take a seat to start with our fail breakfast. Then, something popped out on my mind.

 

“Yuri, can I ask you something?”

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

I held my phone and look at it blankly.

 

No message. No return call.

 

There have been no replies or any calls from Jessica since last night. I called her so many times, sent a lot of messages but still, she won’t talk to me. Feeling dejected, I get up and prepared myself to work.

 

As promised to my sister, I went to work as the President of our company, and as expected, loads of papers to be signed welcomed me.

 

But instead of getting annoyed, I tried to enjoy it because I badly need this. DIVERSION. I need to divert my time on work so that I won’t stress myself thinking about what happened to me. It kills me and I swear, I barely have a minute to sleep last night.

 

Why is it so hard? Why does it have to be this way? Why does it hurt badly? What am I going to do?

 

Those are the questions that kept running on my mind. Just then, my ballpen rolled out of my hand as I realized that I’ve been staring blankly on the documents. I ruffled my hair and slapped myself.

 

Aish… I need to focus! FOCUS SOOYOUNG!

 

“YAH CHOI SOOYOUNG!”

 

I was startled with my cousin Siwon who has been calling my name like he would eat me. I kinda expected that he would give me some scolding due to last night so I just kept quiet.

 

“YAH! Can you explain where did you go last night huh?” He fumed.

 

“…………..”

 

“Are you deaf or just plain stupid to not understand what I said?”

 

“Hyomin already said to you that I feel sick so I went home.”

 

“Oh just cut the crap Sooyoung! Didn’t you know how many alibis I have told to our business friends just to make up for you?! They were looking for the President and yet you’re not there!”

 

“Well, that’s your job anyway. You’re the vice so if I’m not there, you’ll be able to handle it.” I said nonchalantly.

 

“Aish! Just to remind you, we went there for BUSINESS and not to flirt around with your girlfriend!” he retorted which ticked me off.

 

“I’m sorry,okay?! I’m not in the mood to argue so will you please leave me alone?!”

 

“Tsk. Fine, but don’t be surprised if Soojin will know this.” He then stormed out of my office.

 

I groaned and pounded my table. All the things I have now are really getting out of my hands. I admit I feel so sad right now.

 

I let my head lie on the table and little did I know, tears are starting to fall again. I don’t know why I became so stupid last night. Why can’t I choose between Tiffany and Jessica? Is Jessica right when she said I still love Tiffany? Do I really still love her?

 

Aniyo. That’s not possible. I know I love Jessica and I can’t even imagine myself without her. But then, why did I say that to Tiffany?

 

“Huh? Why can’t you just give me a in answer!”

“Because I would be lying to myselfif I said NO!”

 

“What if it’s true? What if…I still do love her? Eotteoke?”I thought.

 

I lifted my head and wiped my face. I shouldn’t be thinking about that. What is important now is to fix the mess I made. I need to make it up with Jessica.

 

So I get my phone and called her but still, she won’t answer it. Since she won’t talk to me on phone, I don’t have a choice now but to talk to her personally. I grabbed my keys and bag and then went out of the building. Then I drive my way to Jessica’s workplace, on the Kim’s Stockholdings Inc.

 

 

 

--------------

 

YURI’S POV

 

“Yuri, can I ask you something?”

 

“Sure. What’s that?” I looked at her as I took a scoop of my cereals.

 

“I don’t know if I’m just dreaming last night or what but I think I heard you say something.”

 

“Huh? What’s that?”

 

“I can’t remember it exactly but as far as I can remember, you’re talking about a deal. Like helping each other to forget someone. Am I right?”

 

I choked at what she said. Gosh! Did she hear what I said last night? I cough and cough to get rid of the thing that’s blocking my throat.

 

*cough *cough*

 

“Yuri ah! Gwaenchana?” she said worriedly while patting my back.

 

“Ahh..erm..Yeah! I think I swallowed the cereals without munching them. HAHA!” I smiled awkwardly.

 

“Take your time on eating. Nobody is chasing you, silly. So, did you say those things?” She asked again tomeand she looks innocent about it.

 

“H-huh? Aniya! It’s probably just a dream of yours. Maybe, you’re dreaming of me right?”

 

“Nae?? Why would I dream about you? We barely know each other!” She said and then slapped my arm.

 

“Woah. You always like to hit people, don’t you? Hmm… Why don’t we give ourselves time to know each other better?”

 

Really, why did you ask that? Am I liking her?,I thought.

 

“What do you mean?” She asked and I can see her face turning into pink.

 

Is she blushing? HAHA! So cuuuutee!

 

“I-I mean… let’s know each other better so we can be friends. haha!”

 

“Oh… Okay. I have no problem with that.” She flashed her eyesmile and that made my heart skip a beat again. I swear, if she’ll gonna do that everytime I see her, I guess I’ll pass out.

 

“So… Again, annyeong haseyo! Choneun, Kwon Yuri imnida!” I bowed and extended my hand to her for a handshake. She grabbed it and then she mimicked what I did.

 

“Nice to meet you! Annyeong haseyo, choneun, Tiffany imnida!”

 

“Chingu?”

 

“Nae…Chingu!”

 

We laughed at ourselves and then give a warm hug to each other. It was indeed a heartwarming moment for us. After all the heartbreaks we had, it’s good to have each other’s company. I hope this is a start of something new…well at least, even just for me.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Sooyoung waited outside the Kim’s for Jessica. Still, the latter didn’t answer any of Sooyoung’s attempts to call her. Hours have passed but no Jessica has come out of the office. That made Sooyoung more anxious so she tried to enter the building. But before she was able to do so, she saw a familiar figure coming out from it. She then rushed towards to that person.

 

“Hyoyeon sshi!”

 

Hyoyeon stopped on her tracks and talk with Sooyoung.

 

“Sooyoung? What are you doing here?”

 

“I just wanna ask if J-Jessica is still inside. Can I go and see her?” Sooyoung looked at Hyoyeon, hoping for her approval.

 

“Mianhe but she didn’t go to work today. Actually, I gave her a month leave from work as promised. She called me earlier this day that she’ll use it now and takes a vacation for now. Don’t tell me she didn’t tell you this?”

 

Sooyoung isn’t aware of this so she was shocked with it. She bit her lip and then frowned.

 

“Is that so? Uhmm, I should go now. Thank you, Hyoyeon.” She tried to smile and then turned her back but Hyoyeon suddenly speaks again.

 

“I see that both of you have some issues to fix but here’s my advice Soo… Just…don’t make the same mistakes you did before. You already hurt my bestfriend. Jessica’s a good friend of mine and I hate to see her in burden. So please… Once is enough.”

 

Sooyoung felt what Hyoyeon wants to express and she understood it very well. She takes a look back at Hyoyeon and showed a bitter smile. What’s surprising is a tear fell again on her eyes.

 

“Y-Yes… I won’t.”

 

She headed onto her car and drove away. Hyoyeon remained standing as she was in agape to see Sooyoung cry. It was definitely an unusual sight for her since it has been years since she saw this girl’ssoft and fragile side. She pities her somehow.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

JESSICA’s POV

 

“Knock! Knock!”

 

It looks like there’s no one hearing my knock so I made it louder this time.

 

“Knock!!! Knock!!! Knock!!!”

 

“Wait! Commmmmiiiiiiiiiiiing!”

 

Finally, I heard someone responding so I just waited for the door to open. When it opened, I saw my sister so I hugged her so tight. I missed her so much.

 

“Unnie? What are you doing here? You’re supposed to work right?”

 

“Krys…” I didn’t answer her since my tears are starting to fall again.

 

“Jessica unnie? Waeyo? What’s wrong?” She pulled out from the hug and cupped my face.

 

“N-nothing…*sniff* I just missed you..”

 

“Bad liar. Tsk, kajja, let’s go inside.”

 

She helped me carry my stuffs and then we settled at my room. We sat on my bed and she started interrogating me like the usual thing we do when we were still in secondary school.

 

“Yah, unnie. Don’t lie to me. What’s wrong?”

 

“Krys, where’s dad?” I tried to avoid her question.

 

“He went on Jeollado for workshop. He said he’ll gonna be there for 2 weeks. W-wait. Answer my question first!”

 

“Uhmm, mind if I stay here for a month?”

 

“Nae?? What’s going on with you? Are you fired on your job?” She moved closer to me and cupped my face again. I flicked her forehead and giggled a bit.

 

“No, silly! I just want to take a vacation for a while. And besides, I really missed you guys…” I wiped my tears away and sighed.

 

“Tsk. Did Sooyoung unnie know this?”

 

I stiffened upon hearing her question. I’ve been ignoring Sooyoung since last night and up until now, I don’t want to talk with her yet.

 

“No…”

 

“YAH! Did you and Sooyoung unnie fight?! D-don’t tell me…Oh crap unnie, d-did you b-break up with her?!” She exclaimed.

 

“Please Krystal, let’s not talk about that for now okay? I’m tired. Can I rest now?” I said coldly to her.

 

“Mianhe. I’m just curious.” She pouted and stands up. I bet she’s feeling bad on how I reacted.

 

“Krystal…”

 

“Nae?”

 

“Come here…”

 

I patted the space on my bed beside me and she sits there. I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

 

“I love you sis. Sorry if I can’t tell it now…It’s too painful for me but once I’m ready, you’ll be the first one I’ll talk to, arachi?”

 

“Yes unnie. Love you, too!” She hugged me back and kissed my cheeks.

 

It’s really a good idea to stay here in Pusan for the meantime while I give Sooyoung a space for her to think about such things. It hurts me to be away from her but I think, this is the best way to avoid further damage in each of us.

 

But i admit...

 

I miss her so much...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------

Ookay…No drama for now. So you as you see, YulTi’s progressing now…but SooSic, arghh..still on the rocks. I just watched IY and I’m starting to like Hyomin now…so, what if I put Sunny here? Whatcha think?  Oh well, that depends if I can handle a lot of pairings^^

 

Some PM’s:

@nerdiepanda – you’re comment was the most emotional one^^ I appreciate it so much. Promise, I’ll do better on the ff chapters^^ BTW. I just realized that LOVE SICK totally matched the mood on the previous chappy so thanks for suggesting^^

@choisanlee– I feel you! Let my soosic heart bleed for soofany. HAHA^^ i think I’m 49.9999%  SooSic, and 50.0001%  SooFany now. But it’s not fixed. It’s changing. LOLZ!

@conyoshidae– hi there buddy! It’s nice to see you here. Thanks for reading. :)

@SNSDLoverForeverSone– yeah… YULTI’s progressing now :) thanks for reading!

@alazaidums– I’m very sorry if I made you cry! Hehe. Babo Sooyoung, she can’t think properly as of the moment. HAHA :)

@snsdsoofany– I’ll quote you “they should try to fight for her for a change”; I’ll try to consider that. Thanks for the suggestion :)

@ForeverNine– I’m also disappointed at Sooyoung, such a brat. HAHA. Thanks for reading :)

@ricaYY07– woah, wanna kill Sooyoung? LOLZ. That’s great I think.KIDDING! HAHAHAHA!

 

Did I miss someone? Mianhe. Haha. I planned to post this chapter next next week but I was insprired by your comments and I don’t wanna left you hanging so here it is. HAHA. :) I LOVE YOU ALL!!