Chapter 41

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: whaaaa! i think this is so late... haha! you know, I just celebrated my birthday and Sooyoung's as well so I run out of time to update. hihih. mianhe >.< Anyway, this is a bit short...but better update it now than never. lols! Happy valentines everyone! dont forget to drop your comments okay? it makes me motivated :) enjoy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No One’s POV

 

Tiffany squirmed on the bed, suddenly feeling empty beside her. The wind that swept all over her skin added to the coldness she’s feeling right now. Sooyoung should have been hugging her. She should have been cuddling with her. But there’s no one beside her. She must not be mistaken. They slept together. Something happened last night. Everything felt perfect last night. It’s a mutual decision. That’s why Sooyoung couldn’t leave her. Yes, she wouldn’t be left behind by her, she thought.

 

But, where is she?

 

No, no, no. It can’t be.

 

 

“I love you so much Miyoung…I love you… oh my! God knows how much I love you!”

“I won’t. And you won’t. I know what I’m doing Fany, and whatever may happen, it’s all in me.”

 

 

Those words were still fresh from her memory. Those were the proofs that Sooyoung would never leave her.

 

But then again, where is she?

 

She sat on the bed and let out a quick yawn. Brushing her eyes, she looked around the room in search for her lover.

 

“Soo?”

 

She called up again but no one answered. Because of that, she decided to stand up, picked up her clothes and walked out of the room to look for Sooyoung.

 

“Sooyoung? Where are you?”

 

She looked around but no one came out. That gave her heart a big punch. She can’t believe that Sooyoung just left her without even saying goodbye.

 

Is she just fooling her? Has she changed her mind?

 

Or worst, what happened last night was purely out of lust and not love. Tiffany shook her head being able to have those thoughts. She must be wrong. Sooyoung would never ever be after her just for lust.

 

But…

 

Where is she?

 

Tiffany went near to the dining table only to see a cup of coffee that is still hot meaning it was freshly prepared just now and 2 slices of French toast beside it. She picked up the coffee and took a small sip when she felt something on the cup. There was a sticky note posted on it.

 

“I’m sorry Fany… I’ll call you later.”

 

“Sorry? Tsch…” Tiffany shook her head upon reading it. It’s so absurd for her. How can Sooyoung just say sorry to her after what has happened?

 

Does she regret what happened?

 

Isn’t she satisfied with it?

 

Those are the thoughts that have been clouding up her mind. Insecurities and uneasiness risen up within her. That just made her loose her appetite so she put down the coffee and crumpled the note. She was on the verge of crying when her phone suddenly rang.

 

Tiffany was about to shut it down when she saw Sooyoung’s name on the caller ID. As much as she wanted to hear the taller girl’s voice, she was hesitant to answer the call. She didn’t know how to talk to her after just leaving her alone.

 

Click!

 

She pressed the red button and put her phone down. She closed her eyes and bit her lip. She doesn’t get it why it hurts so much. So much that it made her drop a tear down.

 

Ring! Ring! Ring!

 

‘Sooyoung’s calling again?’ Tiffany thought. She wiped her tears and looked at her phone. She’s right; it was Sooyoung again who was calling.

 

“Sooyoung ah…paboya!”

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

Dial tone.

 

“Argh!” I groaned out of frustration since Tiffany did not answer my call.

 

Was she mad at me? I left a note there! She should have seen it. I’m sure she would see it.

 

What’s wrong with her? Did she think I just left her for nothing? No, no, no… She shouldn’t misunderstand this. Last night was…great. I mean, I loved every single moment we’ve shared. And she was wonderful, everything was wonderful. She shouldn’t be thinking like that.

 

I left early because I have to be at Jessica’s side right now. I made a promise to her, and the least that I can do is to fulfill that…to stay by her side ‘til she recovered completely. I really felt guilty on what I’ve done on her so I would do everything just to make it up for her.

 

I tried again to reach Tiffany. I hope she would answer this time. I’m kinda running out of free time to talk to her. I badly needed to explain.

 

Ring…

 

Ring…

 

Ring..

 

“Please pick it up Fany… Please…”

 

Ring…

 

Ring…

 

Ring…

 

Sorry, the number you have dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try your call later. Sorry the—“

 

“Dammit. Aish!” I hushed under my breath. Just then,

 

“Unnie? She’s already awake.” Krystal called up. I looked at her and gently nodded. I placed my phone back and headed back to Jessica’s room.

 

When I arrived at her room, there’s a nurse checking up her vital signs and beside them is her father. I slightly bowed in which he nodded in reply. He stood up but then I shot him a worried look, thinking that there’s something wrong. But he just smiled timidly, patted my back, and brought Krystal with him. I guess he really did that to let me and Jessica to talk in private. When the nurse left, I sat on the stool beside Jessica.

 

Sica just woke up and I could see it that she’s still adapting to the environment. She fluttered her eyes that made me speechless. I just stared at her, clueless of what to do. Just then, she faced me with those sad eyes. Did she remember what happened before the incident?

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

She mumbled weakly. I don’t know but it breaks my heart to see her like this. Guilt is slowly consuming me, as if I’m the worst person in her life. Yeah, that’s true. I hurt her and broke my promise.

 

“How are you feeling Jessica?”

 

Hell, I can’t even call her by her nickname. I guess I don’t have the right to do it after all that I’ve done.

 

She heaved a sigh before speaking up, “I’m sorry about last night. I was being irrational…tsch… That’s kinda pathetic of me, isn’t it?”

 

“J-Jess—“

 

“Tell me Sooyoung ah, why? Why does it hurt so much?”

 

“……”

 

“Why does it hurt so much when all I did is love you?”

 

With that, a tear rolled down her eye and that sent a punch on my chest. I tried to wipe that tear but she avoided my touch and looked on the ceiling. I just placed my hands on top of my lap, and clutched it tightly. I’m trying to hold back my tears but this could be a tough battle for me.

 

“Sica, I’m so sorry…”

 

“For what? Are you sorry because you chose Tiffany? Or is it because you loved me?”

 

“That’s…not true. Look, I’m—“

 

“Enough, please? I don’t want to hear any explanations…”

 

“……”

 

“I don’t need that Soo. All I want is…you. Just… you.” I heard her voice cracked up a bit, so I looked up only to find hers looking at mine, too.

 

“But… I know that’s not possible. I don’t own you anymore, right? Well, I’m not even sure whether you became mine.”

 

“T--that’s not true! I-I mean… I loved you, genuinely, I swear Sica. So please don’t doubt about it.”

 

“So... can you... c-can you leave her for me?”

 

“I…”

 

“Sooyoungie, I love you so much to the point that I’ll die the moment you say those words to someone else…”

 

That sounds familiar…that statement… I’ve said those lines before…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--FLASHBACK—

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Fany ah, I love you so much to the point that I will die the moment you’ll say I love you to someone else… You’re my life.”

“Will you marry me?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--end of flashback--

 

 

 

 

 

 

Her words pierced right through my heart. Each of it is like an acid that slowly burns me, it hurts deeply. I never knew this could be so painful. And with that, I held her hand clutched it and left a soft kiss on top of it. I badly wanted to hug her, make her feel that what she’s thinking is wrong. I never had this strong urge in my life to convince her that whatever we had before is something that I didn’t regret doing…ever. Unknowingly, my tears are racing on each other to get out.

 

“I’m so sorry. I really am. To be honest, I don’t know what else to do… I- I…don’t want to lose you, Sica.” I said as I sob beside her. Just then, I noticed that she’s silently sobbing upon raising my head.

 

“Tell me what to do? A-anything.  Just to make it up to you…”

 

“Don’t leave me…Don’t leave me Soo…”

 

“But, you k-know I—“

 

“Please Soo… It’s selfish…that’s for sure. B-but, let me be selfish this time.”

 

I felt her grasping my hand, like it’s asking for assurance. I looked back at her and damn, those were the eyes that have been killing me deep down with guilt.

 

“One month.”

 

“What d-do you mean?”

 

“One month, Sooyoung-ah… Be with me for a month. If it didn’t work, then I’ll let you go.”

 

“Sica, you’ll just be hurt by me. And I don’t wanna do that.”

 

“Just give me another chance… Us…”

 

This time, she clutched my hand tightly and gazed straight at me. I calmed a bit from crying and wiped my eyes. I bit my lip, held her hand with both of my hands and looked back at her.

 

I tried to answer back but I’m lost for words. I don’t know if this is the right thing to do.

 

One month…

 

That’s only for a month Soo, that won’t be that long.

 

Yeah, my conscience is right. It won’t be that long. But…

 

Where would this lead us? We’ll just end up hurting each other.

 

She’s asking for a chance. Why can’t you give that to her? After all that she has done for you…

 

Point taken. I owe a lot to her. And I can’t deny that I don’t feel anything for her anymore…

 

It’s just a month.

 

30 days…

 

720 hours…

 

43200 minutes…

 

Can Tiffany wait for me?

 

 

 

 

 

 

------

 

 

 

 

 

 

NO ONE’s POV

 

“He he hey bestie? Do you know what time is it?” said Hyoyeon to her bestfriend who came into her suite without even stopping on her tracks and headed straight to the sofa.

 

“Yah! Why aren’t you talking to me Tiffany?!”

 

Tiffany threw her bag somewhere, never minding where it would land, slumped her back and massaged her temples, ignoring Hyoyeon’s inquiry.

 

“Earth to Tiffany! Are you gonna ignore me the whole day?” Hyoyeon went in front of Tiffany with her hands on her waist.

 

“Since when did you became this naggy, Hyo?” Tiffany mumbled.

 

“Y-yah Tiffany, what’s wrong with you? I only cared about you mushroom!”

 

“And hey, how did you get inside?! This is my suite!” Tiffany bolted up finally acknowledging Hyoyeon’s presence.

 

“Excuse me, this is MY suite. I own this building, remember?”

 

“Whatever.”  Tiffany flopped back her head and closed her eyes. She felt tired…really tired. Physically, mentally, and emotionally.

 

Sensing that there must be something wrong with her friend, Hyoyeon sat beside Tiffany and looked at her apologetically.

 

“Hey, something wrong? You look…wasted.” Hyoyeon chuckled a bit, but then Tiffany shot her deathly glares which made her to stop.

 

“What’s funny?”

 

“n-nothing! You really look like a beaten up by 20 guys. HAHA!”

 

“Yah! Watch your mouth Kim Hyoyeon! Argggh!” Tiffany shouted and that silenced Hyoyeon from fooling around.

 

“woah. Calm there mushroom. I’m just lightening up your mood!”

 

“Well, you’re not helping at all.”

 

“That’s harsh.” Hyoyeon pouted.

 

“Shut up.” Tiffany sighed and went back on her previous position.

 

“Seriously, what’s your problem? Mind to share it?”

 

“You’ll hate me forever Hyo.”

 

“Tsk. Tell me, what did you do this time?”

 

“I’m so stupid… Paboya.”

 

Hyoyeon squinted her eyes, confused on her bestfriend’s rants. “That doesn’t answer my question. Can you please ELABORATE?”

 

“….”

 

“Yah, Tiffany!”

 

“….”

 

“Hwang Miyoung!”

 

“…”

 

“Say something!~”

 

“…” No response. Just then, something on Tiffany’s neck caught her attention.

 

Red marks.

 

Bite marks.

 

Love bites?

 

“W-what’s that?” Hyoyeon asked, brows furrowed.

 

“Where?” Tiffany finally opened her eyes tiredly and looked puzzled at her bestfriend.

 

“That thingy…on y-your neck.” Hyoyeon pointed at Tiffany’s neck, where those marks were imprinted.

 

Tiffany roamed her finger on her neck, looking for what Hyoyeon has been pointing at, and…BINGO, she touched the right spot.

 

Love bite by Sooyoung.

 

“Oh… this…”

 

Silence fell between them. Tiffany got her head up and then looked down. Hyoyeon just shook her head in disbelief.

 

“Who...did…th—I-I mean… How… did y-you… Dafuq. Did you have with some random guy?!” Hyoyeon exclaimed in aghast.

 

“Duh? I’d better myself than to do it with a guy!” Tiffany retorted.

 

“So how did you get that?! Don’t tell me you made out with Sooyoung?” Hyoyeon joked, not knowing that she already hit the right button.

 

“…”

 

“Hey… you… and Sooyoung?”

 

“…”

 

“WHAT THE HELL TIFFANY! You did it with your EX?! OMG! Just…OMFG! What the are you thinking huh?!” Hyoyeon sat beside her friend and held her shoulders. She made Tiffany look at her and shook her to vent out her frustrations. This annoyed Tiffany so she broke free from Hyo and pushed her a bit.

 

“YAH! You’re overreacting Hyo!”

 

“Me? Overreacting? Tsk. So it’s true…you slept with her?”

 

“Okay fine! I SLEPT WITH MY EFFIN EX-GIRLFRIEND! And I’M SO ED UP COZ SHE LEFT ME AGAIN AND I’M FEELING INSANE RIGHT NOW COZ I DON’T KNOW WHY SHE DID THAT!” Tiffany burst and then suddenly broke into tears. Alarmed, Hyoyeon went near to Tiffany to comfort her.

 

“Aish, come here.” Hyoyeon pulled her into a hug and pat her back.

 

“I’m sorry Tiff. I know I’m overreacting but… why did you do that?”

 

“I don’t k-know either! I t-thought everything’s okay…we’re good. But then, s-she’s gone! She initiated it..and I was stupid enough to believe in her words.”

 

“What…happened?”

 

“When I woke up, she’s gone. I don’t know where she went. She was calling me but I don’t think I can talk to her right now. I feel so stupid.”

 

“AISH! Choi Sooyoung! She’ll pay for this!” Hyoyeon exclaimed.

 

“I don’t think that’s necessary…” Tiffany muttered.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I want to go back to US.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----

comments please? thanks a lot!