Chapter 28

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N:i had a mistake…the grand party is divided into 3 parts coz it’s super duper long…sorry^^ so anyway, here’s the 2/3 update :) pardon for all the errors.^^v

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoungieeeeee!!”

 

 

All of their heads turned into Sooyoung’s direction. Sooyoung then faced the one who called while Siwon and Jessica remains talking with Jiyoung and Mr. Kwon, so basically, Jessica and Siwon have their backs on Yuri’s group direction.

 

“Hey Sooyoung! Over here!” Hyomin shouted again. Yuri poked her head for behaving in such way. Then finally, Sooyoung noticed her.

 

“Mr. Kwon, excuse me for a while, I have to greet my friend over there.” Sooyoung politely said. Mr. Kwon approved and nodded. She then faced Jessica.

 

“Sweetie, I think someone called me, I’ll go there first okay?” She said to Jessica as she was pointing to Hyomin’s direction.

 

“No problem,I’ll call you later hmm?” Sooyoung nodded and pecked her on the cheeks. She then approached Hyomin.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany and Hyoyeon were rather surprised to see Sooyoung at the party. Yuri bit her lip instead. As Sooyoung came nearer to Yuri and others,Hyominsuddenly gave a koala hug on her which indeed surprised everyone.

 

Is she serious when she told me that they are really close?, Yuri thought.

 

Long time no see…Tsk! You’ll get my fist later...Hyoyeon thought.

 

What’s with the ‘Sooyoungie’? Is there something between her and Hyomin?Tiffany thought. She’s definitely jealous at it.

 

“Sooyoung! Imissssssed you so much!” Hyomin squealed, still hugging Sooyoung.

 

“H-Hyomin…errr.. Can you g-go down first? Eheh.” Sooyoung was a bit embarrassed at their position. Hyomin complied, and she pinched Sooyoung’s cheeks.

 

“kyeoptaaaaaaa!! HAHA! Your cheeks remain the same like before ahuh!” Sooyoung then rubbed her cheeks.

 

“Eessh! It hurts! Hyominnie, it’s been a while ah! Anyway, what are you doing here? I thought you’re in Japan?”

 

“Isn’t it obvious? I’m here to see you Sooyoungie~” Hyomin used her aegyo. Sooyoung just smiled and returned the hug. But she retracted quickly.

 

“Bleh! You left without any warning, and then now, you’ll come back searching for me? Huh! I hate you… Hmmp!” Sooyoung pouted and poked Hyomin’s cheeks as she just wanted to .

 

“Shussh… Sooyoungie, save it later, we have a lot of things to catch up…BUT for the mean time, I think you’re in GREAT TROUBLE…” Hyomin whispered to Sooyoung.

 

“Mwo? What do you mean?”

 

“You’re EX is also here. And she’s right there.” She pointed her thumb at her back which is pertaining to Tiffany. Sooyoung’s sight followed it and was shocked to see Tiffany…including Hyoyeon.

 

“Oh crap…”, she uttered under her breath. She looked at them for a while and noticed how stunning Tiffany looks tonight. And then she mentally slapped her head as she knew that this isn’t the right time to daydream. She needs to find a way to handle this situation properly.

 

Hyomin noticed the uneasiness in Sooyoung so she hold her hand and drag her nearer to Tiffany and the others.

 

“Sooyoung, keep it cool, arasseo?” Hyomin advised. But Sooyoung didn’t respond as she was feeling eerie about this. She tried to step back but Hyomin tugged her.

 

“You have to face this Sooyoung. You’re not a coward, right?”

 

“O-of course! I’m not!” Sooyoung defended.

 

“Then prove it.” Hyomin continued to drag her and she didn’t resist anymore. Sooyoung just looked down while the other girl guided her way.

 

Yuri saw Hyomin approaching them back together with Sooyoung. She’s know thinking how would she approach Sooyoung to avoid any misunderstandings. Yuri didn’t want to ruin the mood in the party so she’s trying her best to control her emotions.

 

As for Tiffany, she was glad to see Sooyoung even though she’s surprised. Like Jessica, Tiffany greatly admired Sooyoung’s appearance. She found herself smiling while looking at Sooyoung approaching them. Then Sooyoung looked up and their gazes met. Due to awkwardness, Tiffany quickly looked away and bit her lip.

 

Hyoyeon stared at Sooyoung like shooting sharp daggers on her. She was now curling up her fist since she badly wanted to punch Sooyoung, just to have revenge on all the sufferings she caused to her dear bestfriend. Just one mistake from Sooyoung and it will trigger her to throw a fist on the taller girl. At the same time, Hyoyeon has been wondering if Hyomin was the girl whom Sooyoung replaced with Tiffany.

 

“Guys! Sorry for the scene earlier, haha! By the way, I want you to meet my girl friend, Choi Sooyoung.” Hyomin acted like she’s not aware that Sooyoung and Tiffany know each other. She also intentionally used the term ‘girl friend’ though Hyomin it literally, just to annoy Sooyoung.

 

All eyes widened when they heard what Hyomin said including Sooyoung and Yuri. The taller girl shook her head and laughed weirdly. She pinched Hyomin’s waist because of that.

 

“A-aniyo! eheh! S-she’s just ah..uhmm… well, anyway.. Annyeong haseyo.” Sooyoung bowed slightly and smiled weakly at them. Tiffany noticed Hyoyeon’s restlessness so she rubbed her bestfriend’s arm to calm it down.

 

“Thank you for coming at the party.” Yuri flatly said. She’s wondering where Jessica is.

 

“You’re w—welcome…” Sooyoung answered back. Then after that, nobody speak up.

 

*cricket’s sound* AWKWARDDDDDDD…

 

Hyomin decided to break the ice.

 

“Err… HAHA! Hey guys, I didn’t expect all of you to be like…super quiet? So… Yuri ah, why don’t you introduce them to Sooyoungie?” Yuri shot her eyes at Hyomin and still confused on what is this girl up to. Hyomin stepped on her foot which made Yuri flinch and mouthed an ‘aww!’

 

“Geez..arasseo! Sooyoung, this is Tiffany Hwang, and the girl besides her is—“ Yuri was cut short when Hyoyeon spoke.

 

“Nice to meet you AGAIN, Choi Sooyoung.”, Hyoyeon said sternly and offered a handshake. Sooyoung give a handshake as well but Hyoyeon’s grasp on her hand became tight. She sensed that Hyoyeon was still pissed at her due to their past. Sooyoung pulled out her hand and looked away from Hyoyeon.

 

“Y-You know her Hyoyeon sshi?” Yuri asked.

 

“Yeah… She used to be a good friend of mine. But then, things get ed up and yeah..the rest is history.” Hyoyeon mockingly said.

 

“As expected, she would do nothing better, tsch…”Yuri thought.

 

“Hyoyeon, stop it.” Tiffany holds her hand and looked at her with pleading eyes. She didn’t want Hyoyeon to start a fight.

 

“It’s okay Tiffany. It’s my fault anyway…” Sooyoung modestly said and looked down. Tiffany glanced back at her and sighed.

 

Yuri, who is still oblivious of Tiffany, Hyoyeon, and Sooyoung’s relationship, was perplexed at how Hyoyeon acted. Being uncomfortable at this situation, she changed the topic so she asked something to Sooyoung that cracked up everyone.

 

“Sooyoung, where’s Jessica? Isn’t she supposed to be with you?”

 

 

*cricket’s sound* SUPER AWKWARDDDDDD……

 

 

This time, all of them faced Yuri. Hyomin closed her eyes and bit her lips. Sooyoung mentally cursed Yuri as she wanted to avoid Jessica be included in this topic as much as possible. Tiffany’s chest tightened a bit since she recalled that Jessica is the name of Sooyoung’s girlfriend. Hyoyeon was rather confused and wondering whose Jessica it is.

 

“I have a bad feeling about this… Don’t tell me she’s the Jessica I know”, Hyoyeon thought.

 

“Where is she Sooyoung?” Yuri repeated her question.

 

“She’s t-talking with your father. Uhmm, I guess…I have to go back there.” Sooyoung scratched her head and motioned to turn around when suddenly, someone hugged her from behind.

 

“Finally! I found you! Who do you have there sweetie?” Jessica asked then she placed her chin on Sooyoung’s shoulder, still backhugging Sooyoung. But her smile slowly faded away when she saw Hyoyeon standing beside another girl, who’s kinda familiar to her.

 

Jessica pulled out from the hug and stand beside Sooyoung. Hyoyeon looked at her closely and seemed to be the one who’s the most surprised with what’s happening. Tiffany faced Hyoyeon as she was having an idea that Jessica is the one who’s Hyoyeon is pertaining to as her crush.

 

“Jessica???” Hyoyeon sneered.

 

“H-Hyoyeon ah… oh, y-you’re here… I’ve been looking f-for you also…” Jessica stuttered since she can’t find the right words to say. Hyoyeon just stared at her.

 

And then, no one spoke again…

 

 

*cricket’s sound* SUPER DUPER AWKWARDDDDDDD……

 

 

Yuri is getting sick of this awkwardness so she came near to Jessica instead and hugged her. But she quickly withdrew from it when she felt that Sooyoung has been staring at her.

 

“Jessie! You look perfect! I’m glad you came tonight.” Yuri grinned but Jessica isn’t listening she’s bothered by Hyoyeon. Jessica wanted to speak but it seemed like was blocked by something.

 

Thanks to her girlfriend Sooyoung who decided to speak up in behalf of her. She can read what Jessica thinks as of the moment. She then anchored her arm at Jessica’s shoulder and looked at Hyo and Fany.

 

“G-guys…uhm, of course, except for Hyomin and Yuri… I want you to meet Jessica Jung…my girlfriend.” said Sooyoung. Jessica smiled at them and bowed a bit. Hyoyeon looked at them in disbelief.

 

“Aish… this is a disaster! Jinja...” Hyomin whispered but loud enough for Yuri to hear.

 

“Mwo? What do you mean?” Yuri whispered back. Hyomin mouthed something to Yuri but the latter can’t decipher it.

 

“Sica, that one is T-Tiffany… Tiffany Hwang...she’s…you know…my e-ex.” Sooyoung stammered. Jessica looked at Tiffany and realized that she was the girl they saw the other night at the convenience store. She glanced at Sooyoung and looked back at Tiffany.

 

“T-Tiffany? You’re the girl who’s in a pink hoodie last last night, isn’t it? You’re…that girl! Tsk! I knew it…” Jessica shook her head in disappointment. She can’t believe that Sooyoung lied to her.

 

“Mianhe…” That’s the only thing Tiffany said and then she looked down again. Sooyoung held Jessica’s hand but the girl pulled it away.

 

“Sica…”

 

On the other hand, Yuri was flabbergasted when she heard that Tiffany is Sooyoung’s EX. She felt jealous at the same time because Sooyoung already has the girls she likes.

 

“Of all the people in the world, why does it have to be her? And why did Sooyoung break up with an angel like Tiffany????”, Yuri thought.

 

“How come you didn’t tell me this before?” Hyoyeon butted in. She’s pertaining to Jessica’s relationship with Sooyoung.

 

“Hyo, I c-can explain.” Jessica said.

 

“Hyoyeon, it’s not her fault… She just knew it lately and—“ Sooyoung was cut off by Hyoyeon.

 

“You.Shut.up!” Hyoyeon yelled and pointed Sooyoung.

 

“Hyo, calm down please? Don’t make a scene here.” Tiffany consoled.

 

“Me? Making a scene? Tsk! You know what, this is absurd!!” Hyoyeon exclaimed and then walked out from the group. Jessica called her but she didn’t look back so she followed Hyoyeon.

 

“Jessica! Don’t…” Sooyoung holds Jessica’s wrist.

 

“Let me go.” Jessica snapped back.

 

“Please, Sica…”

 

“I said let go!” Jessica yelled and then run towards Hyoyeon’s direction. Sooyoung was left staring at the girl running away from her.

 

“Sooyoung, I don’t know what’s going on between the four of you….but I think you guys should cool down and prevent making a scene.” Yuri warned. Sooyoung could only nod at her. Yuri excuses herself from them and went to his dad since the program was about to start.

 

“Sooyoungie…gwaenchana? Don’t worry, everything’s gonna be okay.” Hyomin rubbed Sooyoung’s arm.

 

“Nae… Thanks Hyomin.” She smiled at her and then looked at Tiffany. Sooyoung thought that Tiffany must’ve felt bad at what Jessica has found out.

 

“Err… I’ll leave you guys first. I guess you need to talk.” Hyomin said and go somewhere else.

 

“Excuse me… I’ll go and check Hyoyeon.” Tiffany tried to walk away but Sooyoung blocked her way.

 

“Wait, let them fix their own issue. But for now, I really think that we should talk about us.”

 

“We have nothing to talk about so will you please get out of my way?” Tiffany replied. Sooyoung didn’t minded what she said and looked at her sincerely.

 

Sooyoung was about to speak when the mic’s feedback echoed the hall. The lights dimmed and a spotlight was focused to the stage. All attention is now on the person on the stage.

 

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! As you all know, this Grand Party is a thanksgiving party for all the success and blessings that the Kwon Group of Companies and our allied companies have received for the past 5 years. And for this year, we are going to launch the most ambitious project that we ever had. The Jeju Island Resort Project that will not only boost our economy, but also our country’s tourism…” Mr. Kwon said.

 

Tiffany just continued to listen at Mr. Kwon’s speech while Sooyoung is finding the right timing to talk again with Tiffany. A waiter walked to them and gave a glass of wine for each of them. Sooyoung immediately took a sip to clear her thoughts off.

 

“…so before we formally start the evening, I’ll give the floor to my lovely daughter, Kwon Yuri.” Mr. Kwon hugged her daughter once she’s up on the stage and gave the microphone to her.

 

“To all of our friends, supporters, business partners, and colleagues, let’s have a toast for our success!” Yuri raised her glass and everybody had a toast. Then the music starts which lifted the whole mood of the party.

 

Sooyoung then dragged Tiffany out of the hall in order for them to talk in a quieter place.

 

“Yah, where are we going huh?” Tiffany annoyingly asked.

 

“Just follow me.”

 

 

------------

 

 

“Hyoyeon ah, wait… Hey, stop!” Jessica said while following Hyoyeon. The latter just continued to walk until they’ve reached the garden.

 

“Hyo… Please…let me explain...” Jessica uttered and breathed heavily since she was running out of air from their previous running.

 

“You have nothing to explain because it’s clearly shown that you betrayed me! How could you do this to me Jessica?” Hyoyeon taunted and faced Jessica.

 

“I didn’t betray you! I would not EVER do that to you!”

 

“Oh really? Tell me, is this still part of Sooyoung’s plan? Isn’t she contented yet on all the pain she caused to my bestfriend? She really wants to mess up with me huh?”

 

“Yah! I don’t know what you’re talking about! Could you please listen to me first?” Jessica begged.

 

“How long do you plan to keep this from me? How long have you been acting innocent that you didn’t know that I am Tiffany’s bestfriend? How long would you make me believe that you know NOTHING about this? Huh? Answer me!” Hyoyeon burst out which made Jessica a bit startled. 

 

She is not just angry at the fact that Jessica chose to act like she knows nothing about her and SooFany. What pissed off her the most is that Jessica, her ultimate crush, belongs to the person whom she hated the most, Sooyoung.

 

“Fine! You want an answer? Then listen to me carefully because I won’t repeat it again… At first, I’m really not aware of you and Tiffany’s relationship. I only found it out when I asked Sooyoung to help me carry stuffs. That’s the day when you saw her at the office, remember?”

 

Hyoyeon remembered that moment and then she know figured out what is Sooyoung’s reason for going there.

 

“I also felt giddy about that so I planned to tell you about us but then, I thought that it isn’t a big deal so we have to just continue with our lives. Besides, I and Sooyoung are contented on what we have now so I don’t want to bring back the past anymore. It wouldn’t do anything better for all of us. That’s why I chose to just keep it on me.” Jessica explained, trying not to let a single tear from her.

 

“Do you even have the slightest idea of what Tiffany has to go through just because of your in girlfriend?! Don’t you know that YOU are the reason why she suffered? Aren’t you still aware of that?!!” Hyoyeon retorted which ticked off Jessica.

 

SLAP!

 

Jessica slapped Hyoyeon on her right cheek because she was offended of what the latter has said. Tears start to roll down since she can’t take anymore Hyoyeon’s sentiments. Hyoyeon rubbed her cheek and looked back to Jessica.

 

“Since when did loving someone becomes a mistake? I didn’t do anything wrong Hyoyeon… I just LOVED her… and I could care less if anyone will be hurt because of that. Tell me, is it still my fault?” Jessica stated in between of her sobs.

 

“Jess… I’m..I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean it…” Hyoyeon apologized and held Jessica’s hand but she avoided Hyoyeon.

 

Jessica is still crying which made Hyoyeon feel bad. She then wiped Jessica’s tears and cupped her face.

 

“Jessie… I’m sorry… don’t cry, your make up will be messed up? Uhm, why don’t you slap me again for you to feel better? Is that good? Haha. C’mon, slap me.” Hyoyeon get Jessica’s hand and make it slap her.

 

Jessica giggled at Hyoyeon’s silliness and pushed her hard.

 

“Babo!” said Jessica and she smiled a bit.

 

“Nae… I’m really stupid for acting like that earlier. I’m really sorry Jessie…” Hyoyeon apologized. Jessica could clearly see the sincerity in Hyoyeon so she accepted it.

 

“That’s okay. I understand why you feel like that.”

 

“So, are we good now?”

 

“What do you think?” Jessica grinned.

 

“Aish! C’mon and let me hug you!” Hyoyeon hugged Jessica.

 

She realized that Jessica is right – what happened between Tiffany and Sooyoung shouldn’t affect them and they should just live their lives on how they should be.

 

 

------------

 

 

Sooyoung stopped from walking when they reached the balcony near the garden. She then let go of Tiffany’s wrist.

 

“Why are we here?” Tiffany looked around the place and saw only a few people standing there.

 

“Obviously, we’re gonna talk.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

 

“As I’ve said, we have nothing to talk about. You better find Jessica ‘coz she needs some explanation from you.” Tiffany turned her and started to walk away but Sooyoung yelled which made her stop.

 

“Tiffany! Once and for all, don’t you want to settle things between us?” Sooyoung asked, hoping that the blonde girl will face her. And fortunately, she did.

 

“Tiffany, just… let me speak first…I’ve been dreading to tell you this but circumstances wouldn’t allow me… I just wanted to say that I’m really really sorry for everything…as in EVERYTHING that I did that made you cry. I’m a dumb to not realize that you’re also hurt, I mean, yours is twice the pain that I experienced… I’ve known my mistakes and here I am facing the consequences of what I did…” Sooyoung resented making her teary eyed.

 

Tiffany came closer and looked at her sadly. She didn’t know that Sooyoung was feeling this way all along.

 

“I’m not saying that I regret all the things I’ve done in the past…well, maybe…some of it?...errrr... I don’t know…” Sooyoung grumbled.

 

“What are you trying to say, Sooyoung?” Tiffany asked. She hoped that she will hear something good from Sooyoung.

 

“I mean… if only I’m not that stupid to not listen to you and let my emotions take over me, we wouldn’t suffered this agony we’ve been keeping for a long time…” a tear fell down on Sooyoung’s cheek which Tiffany quickly wiped it. Sooyoung caught her hand and put it down, but still, holding onto it.

 

“Fany ah… mianheyo. Jeongmal mianheyo… Please, forgive me?” Sooyoung stared at Tiffany’s eye directly. Tiffany can’t believe what her ears are hearing.

 

“You d-don’t have to be sorry… It’s also my fault. If I just didn’t let you go, maybe… m—maybe… you are my tonight…” Tiffany chuckled dryly and looked down. She wanted to hide her tearing eyes. Sooyoung then lifted her chin and wiped her tears as well.

 

“I’m very sorry Fany ah…”

 

“Sooyoung ah, I want you to know that my feelings for you haven’t changed a bit since then… I s-still lo—“

 

“Please don’t say it… I’m begging you…” Sooyoung landed her forehead on Tiffany’s. They are now facing each other very closely. Tiffany’s hands held on Sooyoung’s arms while Sooyoung is cupping her face.

 

“B-but—“

 

“Sshh… Fany ah, let’s stop hurting each other, o-okay? Please… Let go… Don’t love me anymore… I don’t want to you to hold onto us, it’ll just hurt you…and I don’t want you to suffer any longer. Y-You deserve s-someone better…”

 

This made Tiffany’s heart shattered into million pieces. Every word Sooyoung has said pierced right through her heart. Her tears flow down again as the words sunk in to her little by little.

 

Sooyoung is also crying from it. She thought that this is the right thing to do. But if this really is the right thing, why does she feel bad? Why does it feel like hell?

 

Tiffany moved away from her and covered . She wants to stop crying but she can’t. Good thing her makeup is waterproof her face wouldn’t be a mess.

 

“I can’t… You know I can’t do that Sooyoung!” Tiffany exclaimed. Sooyoung came near to her again and place her hands on Tiffany’s shoulders.

 

“Yes you can… I believe in you. You’re a strong person, right?  Just…try a little harder baby.” Sooyoung gave a feeble smile.

 

“What you’re asking from me is like *sniff* letting myself jump off a 100-meter cliff… it’s…suicide...” Tiffany looked down, still whimpering.

 

“Fany ah…”

 

“Fine… I’ll give you what you want. You wanted a closure, then it’s all yours… But in one condition…” Tiffany looked up and gaze straight to Sooyoung’s eyes.

 

 

 

“What?”

 

 

 

 

“Tell me first you didn’t love me anymore…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------

whoo! Should I hide know??? I know!!!!!! I’m also hurt from what happened to Soofany but… let's just hope for the best... HAHAHAHA. there you have it. thanks! comments please? :))