Chapter 3

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

I rushed towards the kitchen only to see shards of plates and some food debris scattered around the floor. Sooyoung was holding onto the counter with her head down, seems like trying to maintain her balance.

 

“Omo. Sooyoungie!” I held her arms and shove the hair blocking her face. She looked disheveled and kinda pale. It really looks like she’s in pain.

 

“Yah, what happened? Is there something wrong?” I said in a worried tone as I caress her face.

 

“N..nothing. It’s just a slight headache. I was about to prepare the table when a sharp stinging pain struck my head… But don’t worry, I’m fine now.” She pulled a weak smile and then hugged me.

 

I hugged her back and said “Soo, are you sure you’re okay? We can go to the clinic if you want.. Ahh, wait, I’ll get your medic--.”

 

She suddenly pulled out from the hug which made me stop speaking. And then, she cupped my face and looks straight to my eyes.  “Look at me. I’m perfectly fine, sweetie. Please don’t worry anymore neh? I don’t like to see those lines on your forehead.” She chuckled as she poked my forehead. I wonder how she manages to make me smile even if she’s not feeling well.

 

“I’m really sorry sweetie. Now, we don’t have anything to eat. Aish. Paboya” She said in an aegyo way.

 

“hey, don’t say that. C’mon, let’s just go out to have lunch. I’ll just call your maid to clean this mess up. Ppali.. I’m hungry” I dragged her out of the kitchen and call one of her maids to clean the kitchen. After that, we walked out of the house and went straight to her car.

 

I insisted to drive for us so that she can rest for a while. The trip was peaceful and quiet. She hold my left hand as I drive and whenever I look at her, I saw her smiling that’s why I’m on the verge of losing my focus on driving. Fortunately, we arrived safely to our destination.

 

While we eat, the incident that has happened earlier kept bothering me. What if I’m not there? What if something worse than that happened? Aish. I can’t forgive myself if anything bad happens to my Sooyoungie.

 

Actually, she’s been taking medication for her migraine for almost a year. That accident she had before affected her brain to the point that she almost died if she wasn’t brought to the hospital on time. What worsened her condition is the trauma she experienced from her break-up with her 3-year-girlfriend, Tiffany.

 

I don’t know a lot of things about Sooyoung and Tiffany’s past. All I know is that Tiffany rejected Sooyoung’s marriage proposal, which made her dismayed and furious. They said that when she was running away from Tiffany, she was hit pretty hard by the car. The details? I really don’t care. What matters to me is that Sooyoung has recovered physically, and probably, emotionally and mentally, from that accident.

 

“Sica? Yoohoo!... Hey, are you listening to me?” she flicked my forehead which made me jerked a bit.

 

“Yah! What’s with that? Ughh!” I answered back to her and pinch her cheek. Haha. Just a revenge for flicking my forehead.

 

“HEY. You’re daydreaming again, aren’t you?” She giggled and then take a sip of her drink. As expected, she was nearing to end her food while I was only about to touch mine. No doubt she’s a certified shikshin.

 

“Well, I’m still bothered with what happened earlier, Soo. Good thing I took a break from my work or else…”

 

“Or else what? You know Sica, you really don’t have to worry that much. It’s not like I’m gonna die at any moment or something” she said with a sarcasm in her tone.

 

“But you can’t still erase the fact that you’re not fully healed! You may collapse or faint at any time… what if there’s no one to catch you when you fall? What if you hit your head again? Do you know what’s going to happen to you?!” I exclaimed at her and unconsciously pounded the table. I didn’t expect myself to let an outburst like that. It’s just that I want to release all the mixed emotions contained on me in order to cleanse my shattered mind.

 

Instead of being angry to me, she reached my hand and pressed it gently.  She placed it on her chest in which I felt the beating of her heart. She then looked at me with those heartwarming eyes and said…

 

“Jessica, I won’t leave you. I will never EVER leave you, I promise.” She kissed my hand and gave me a reassuring smile. With that, I ruffled her hair and then pinched her nose.

 

“Awww! Why’d you do that?”

 

“Nothing.” I chuckled and focused back on what I’m eating. Just then, I murmured something. “You’re so cute…saranghaeyo”

 

“Hey, did you say something?”

 

Oops. I didn’t expect her to hear that. “Eh? I didn’t say anything” I stuck my tongue out.

 

“I heard it.”

 

“Oh jinja? How many times will I say to you that I didn’t s—“ Oh what the h***, how many times will I be cut short by her? Why author? Hehe.

 

“I love you too” she suddenly said.

 

Sweet. She heard me. Without any further thinking, I leaned forward and give a soft and tender kiss straight to her lips. The kiss deepened as we continued to enjoy the sensation it gives to us. I unconsciously placed my hands around her neck and she slipped hers around my waist. Unaware of the place we were in, she continued to devour my lips as I felt some pressure on my mouth, probably her tongue seeking entrance on mine in which I quickly let it in and start the battle amongst us. Suddenly, I heard my phone ringing which obviously interrupted our “session”. I mentally curse whoever that person called. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------

A/N: So guys, how was it? please drop some comments^^ that's my brain fuel.. ahahaha. i know this is quite boring, even me... i'm bored. hahaha. XD but i promise i'll make it up to you^^