Chapter 33 (1 of 3)

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: UPDATE! a lengthy chapter…hope you won’t get bored. Again ITALICS are THOUGHTS. Enjoy^^ sorry for errors. A little spoiler from your dear author….Finally, SOOYOUNG has made up her mind. HAHA.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

HYOYEON’S POV

 

 

 

Sign here, sign there.Meeting here, meeting there. Gosh. This has been my daily routine for almost 2 years and I admit, this kinda bore me to the bones. I’m not regretting the fact that I became the sole owner of our business after my sister died, because I enjoy the things I have now which a normal 23 year-old person can’t attain now.

 

It’s just that, I feel lonely now, especially when my favorite employee, Jessica, is not around. I need someone that could spice up my life. Someone that could make me feel that I’m not alone in this cruel world. And that’s why I’m taking chances on this girl I’ve met days ago. I wonder when will Seohyun come and give me the infos I want.

 

Speaking of my secretary, I bolted from my position as I was surprised on her sudden barging on my office. She’s always like that when she gets excited or has some good news to tell me. Well, I knew her for such a long time and I consider her as my litter sister though she can’t drop the formalities when we are at work.

 

“Good morning Director-nim!”

 

“What the- Seohyun ah?What’s good in the morning if you would barge in like that? And please, enough with calling me Director-nim” I said quite annoyed.

 

“Ayy, you shouldn’t be angry at me now or else I won’t give you this.”Seohyun then showed a brown folder and waved it at me.

 

“What’s that?”

 

“It’s the thing that you’ve been waiting for so long, and I assure you, you’ll get more than what you are expecting, Hyoyeonsshi.”

 

“Eh? Is that the infosI asked you to find? Good! May I see?” I reached for the folder but she moved it away from me.

 

“Uh uh. You’re being too excited, unnie. Calm down first!” She cheekily smiled at me.

 

“Give it to me. Okay?” I tried to get it from her again but she swatted my hand away.

 

“Hmm…Shireo. I don’t want to.”

 

“Yah! Just to remind you I’m the boss here so give it to me now before I fire you!”I warned and crossed my arms.

 

“Eshh. You’re so hotheaded unnie, if you’re always like that, no wonder if you’ll be an old maid.” She handed me the file folder but I still heard the last thing she said so I flicked her forehead.

 

“I heard that huh! I won’t be like that…especially that I have this now.” I giggled as I opened the folder and immediately scan its contents.

 

It’s like a resume of Hyomin wherein you can see a 2 by 2 picture on the upper right side. She looks pretty even at this picture!,I thought. I didn’t read it that much, since there were a lot of INFOS there! When I say a lot, I mean a 3-page report, single spaced, times new roman, font 12. And what caught my attention is the most bizarre info I wouldn’t have imagined to know.

 

Favorite color: BLACK

 

My eyes widened and my cheeks are flushed when I read it. Then I immediately closed the folder and faced Seohyun.

 

“Y-yah! How did you get this information huh? What are you, a stalker? A ninja?A ghost?!”

 

“I’m not! I just researched over the internet and called some of my friends and luckily, they know Hyominsshi.”

 

“So you knew all the things written here?”

 

“Yes unnie, waeyo?  Is there something offensive or what?” She asked like she was so innocent about the world.

 

“Something offensive?Is knowing the color of your p-- aish! Nevermind!” Gosh, it makes looks like I’m a the more I talked about it so I just dropped the topic.

 

Seohyun just looked at me puzzled, and here I am, starting to imagine Hyomin wearing her favorite pan—sh*T! Stop being a Hyoyeon!! I woke up from my fantasies before Seo could catch me drooling on this piece of info.

 

“You can go now, Seohyun ah. Oh by the way, I already deposited your bonus on your account.”

 

“Jinja? Thanks Hyoyeonsshi!” She hugged me and then she runs like a child towards the door.

 

Finally. Peace. I’m all alone in my office. That means I can feast now on the sea of information about Park Hyomin.

 

“Park Hyomin, just wait and you’ll be mine…”

 

 

YURI’S POV

 

Regardless of the several attempts of my nanny, Gyuri, to wake me up, I’m still lying on the bed, with my stomach flat on it and my head covered with pillows. I’m not in the mood to go at work today nor do anything because I just want to rest, or if possible, sleep all day.

 

I thought they already gave up on waking me up, but then I felt someone nudging me. This time, it’s my brother who’s bothering me. Aish! And here again, I’m gonna pretend that I don’t hear him and continue to sleep.

 

“Yuri ah…”

 

“Yuri, wake up.”

 

“Hey, Yuri…”

 

“……”

 

“KWON YURI!!!!! Get up before I smash your IPad on the ground!”Uh huh, this is enough!

 

“Yaaaah! Don’t you ever lay a single finger on my IPad or else I’ll burn your keyboard into ashes!”I yelled at him after I bolted up from the bed.

 

“Woah, I’m just kidding! C’mon, you’re already late at work and dad has been looking for you.”Jiyoung said as he pulls my hand.

 

“Oppa, I don’t want to go to work. Just tell to appaI’ll take a leave now but promise,I’ll go there tomorrow.” With that, I lie back on the bed and cover myself with a blanket.

 

“Huh? Andwaeyo! Yuri ah, lift your now and report to Dad. Yah!”

 

We were like playing a tug-of-war with him pulling my blanket off from me while I pull it as well. But since he is stronger than me(shoo! I’m not physically prepared now. HAHA), he was able to remove the blanket.

 

“Yuri! Don’t be stubborn, just—Oh? What happened in your face?”Great. He just saw the cut beside my lips.

 

“See? Now you know why I don’t want to get up.” I said in a matter-of-fact tone. Then I heard him giggling.

 

“What?!” I retorted.

 

“You look..bwahahaha! uhmm… honestly, it’s my first time to see you with that…icky thing on your face. Bwhahaha! Who did that to you huh?”

 

“And why would you want to know?”

 

“Because I would like to thank that person for doing a favor for me.” He laughed and threw a pillow to me.

 

Before I was able to get my revenge, he already ran out of my room. I screamed out of my annoyance. Grrr!

 

I slumped back on my bed and stared at the ceiling. But instead of grumbling about my brother’s behavior, I started on thinking ways on how to apologize to Tiffany. She’s pissed off at me like crazy and I think I just blew away my chance to be close with her.

 

Just then, an idea popped out of my mind so I quickly get up and rushed to the bathroom to get ready. I’ll make sure that before this day ends, she’ll forgive me.

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’S POV

 

 

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!” I screamed after I saw my face on the mirror.

 

I look so awful with this swelling bruise which starts to turn purple on my right cheek, and the cut located on my right jaw. It’s like my right face has been smashed by Manny Pacqiauo!Aish, that Kwon Yuri! She’ll pay bigtime on this.

 

With that, I took a shower to calm me, and also wash off the odor brought by the cigs and alcohol last night. After that, I walked off the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body and tiptoed towards my closet.

 

By the way, Hyomin stayed here in my penthouse and we slept together on my room so that’s why I’m careful not to make any noise to prevent her waking up. But I failed on that because she was already up when I reached my closet.

 

“Oh, I thought you’re still asleep.” I said as I scan through my wardrobe.

 

“Tsk! Who would still be sleeping after hearing you squealed at the bathroom huh? Aish!” She stood up and went beside me.

 

“Are you going somewhere?” She asked while I picked a navy blue fitted shirt and shorts.

 

“Yes.”

 

“Eoddi?”

 

“It’s none of your business, okay? So will you please get out of my room so I can wear my clothes?” I playfully pushed her out of my room.

 

“Sooyoungie! As if I haven’t seen you !Yaaah! Don’t kick me out!”

 

“NAE?! How many times would I say to you that wearing bra and doesn’t count as !”

 

If you’re wondering, she’s the one who change my clothes when I’m wasted since she’s my drinking buddy during my hell days when Fany and I broke up. So basically, she saw I lot of SKIN from me but It doesn’t matter to me ‘coz I know she’s not into girls.

 

“Whatev.Sooyoungie, let me stay here. I wanna sleep more!”

 

“No, go home now. I want peace here!Hyomin ah!” With one skillful push, I threw her out of my room and then quickly locked the door. She continued to knock but soon she gets tired and stops what she’s doing. I bet she went to the kitchen to grab something to eat.

 

Going back, I wore my clothes and I topped my shirt with a cardigan since I thought it might be a lil colder on where will I go. I combed my hair and settled on just letting it down on my shoulders. Then I put a band-aid on my cut and cover my bruise with a concealer. But still, no matter how thick my make up would be, that effin purple bruise can still be seen so I decided to just put light make up instead of looking like a clown.

 

I went out of my room and I was right, Hyomin was already feasting on my supposed-to-be-heavy-breakfast-meal.

 

“Hey, who said you can eat that?”

 

“Uhhmmm, me? HAHA! Want some?”

 

“Aish, forget it. Aren’t you gonna go home now? I’m sure Mr. Park would go nuts looking for you again.”

 

“Aniyo. I don’t wanna go home yet. It’s boring there and Dad would just let me read those business reports which I really hate.” She rolled her eyes.

 

“Hmm, okay. Just lock the door if you will go. Don’t forget to call the housekeeping to clean here okay?” I said and picked up my wallet and keys.

 

“Nae. Take care Sooyoungie!”

 

I waved at her and went to my car. I really hope that the odds will be in my favor today. I plan to settle things one by one, slowly but surely. I don’t want to make any single mistake, especially now that I’m already decided on what to do.

 

While driving I picked up my phone and called Siwon.

 

“Sooyoung, where are you? We have a meeting this 10 am with the Lee’s so you better not be late.”

 

“Uh, oppa… Can you go to the meeting instead of me?”

 

“Huh? Waeyo?!”

 

“I have something important to do today. And I think it’ll take quite long to settle it so I wouldn’t be able to go at the office.”

 

“Aniyo!Sooyoung ah? This is also an important matter! You can’t just ditch and do whatever you like! This is ridiculous Sooyoung--” He retorted.

 

I ended the call and focused back on driving. I don’t wanna listen on his sermons because I knew it already. But he shouldn’t worry about this. I promised to myself that once I finished all the things I need to settle, I’ll go back there and work double time. I still have a month and a half to prove that I’m still worthy of my position in the company.

 

 

TIFFANY’S POV

 

The kiss. That’s the first thing that came out of my mind after waking up early in the morning. Last night could be one of those disastrous nights I don’t want to remember, but the kiss we had that moment makes me want to remember it instead.I closed my eyes and touched my lips, remembering the bliss it showered upon me.

 

Yes, it was only an accident. But that was only the moment when I felt I did something right. Frankly speaking, I liked it a lot and I guess, somehow, she liked it too. And also, what intrigued me was how she acted towards Yuri. The moment I saw her in the bathroom, I knew there was already something wrong.

 

Is Yuri right on saying that Sooyoung still loves me? According to what happened last night, she’s so jealous with Yuri. Though she didn’t admit that to me, I’m not that dumb to notice she’s bursting with jealousy . But, I don’t wanna keep my hopes high. Jessica is still there.

 

After fixing myself, I went to a nearby coffee shop to have my breakfast. Once I found a seat, I called the waiter and ordered a cinnamon roll and brewed coffee. I read the newspaper while waiting patiently for my food. Just then, the waiter approached me.

 

“Good morning Ms. Tiffany Hwang! Here’s your order!” He greeted me enthusiastically which made me look at him weirdly. How did he know my name?

 

“T-thank you.” I smiled at him and then checked on my food. Wait. There’s something wrong.

 

“Uhh, wait. As far as I can remember, I didn’t order a blueberry cheesecake and a…pink rose?” Before I can ask further, the waiter was already out of my sight.

 

I look at the cheesecake and the rose for a while. These are indeed my favorites. Then I saw a rolled paper tied on the rose so I picked and open it. Hoping that there could be a name of the sender written on it, a letter “S” was only encrypted on this piece of paper.

 

S? It’s nonsense.I set it aside and start my breakfast. I tried tasting the cheesecake and, WOW! It tastes so good! Now, I want to thank that person who gave me this and that rose. After eating, I went to the cashier to pay my bill. Then again, she gave me a pink rose together with my change.

 

“Miss, is this for me?”

 

“Yes ma’am. Thank you for coming!”

 

I want to ask her where it came from but a customer came across to pay his bill so I headed to the door. I looked at the rose and then another note is attached to it. This time, a letter “O” was written on it.

 

Am I on a prank show? Is this a death code or something?, I thought.

 

When I reached the door, the guard opened it for me and then he gave me another pink rose. Seriously, this is going crazy!

 

“F-For me again? Hey, who gave this to you?” I asked at the guard. But instead of answering, he just smiled at me. Knowing that I won’t get any answer from him, I find my way on the streets. I opened the note only to see a letter “R”. I placed the note on my pocket and continued walking.

 

Suddenly, two kids who wears pink shirt came running to me. They look so cute so I stopped walking and then they gave me two pink roses, again. I hugged both of them in return.

 

“Annyeong! Kids, do you know where these came from?” I asked them while they just look at me innocently.

 

“Uhrm, itsh a sh-shecret.” The kid mumbled which made me grin at his mispronunciation.

 

“You’re so cute! Anyway, thank you!” I pinched their cheeks and then they run away. Geez! Whoever this person is, I guess he or she definitely exerted a lot of effort making this people do a favor for him or her.

 

I opened the note from both of the roses; a letter R and Y was written on it. Now, I’m holding five roses and five letters which turn out to mean as “S-O-R-R-Y”.  Knowing this, I have the name of the person on my mind that would do such thing.

 

“I’m sorry, Tiffany… Please forgive me.”

 

I turned and faced the source of the voice only to found out a kneeling Kwon Yuri with a boquet of pink roses in her hands. I was surprised to see her in such state. But instead of being amazed to her, I was laughing inside and when I can’t get a hold of it, I burst and laugh my lungs out.

 

“Puahahahahaha! Get up now Yuri sshi!Hahahahaha!” She smiled sheepishly and scratched her head. I pulled her hand up and then she handed me the boquet.

 

“For you, I hope you like it.”

 

“Thanks, I really love these.” I smelled the roses and then smiled at her.

 

“So…does that mean I’m already forgiven?”

 

“Hmmm… maybe yes?or… maybe no?”

 

“Tiff???”

 

“HAHA, just kidding. You’re forgiven already.”

 

“Jinja?! Thanks Tiffany!” I shot her my eye-smile and then she quickly hugged me.

 

I was taken aback on her action but I returned the hug as well. I felt my cheeks flare up but I’m clueless why I feel like this.  When she realized she’s been hugging me for quite long, she pulled out acting all shy again. She looks cute and I like it every time she’s like that.

 

“M-Mianhe..ehehe. I’m really sorry about last night. I was carried away with my emotions and I didn’t mean everything I said that time. If I offended you, jeongmaljeongmalmianheyo.” She apologized while looking at me sincerely.

 

“It’s okay. I’m sorry also for saying those things to you. But I think you should also apologize to Sooyoung. If I were her, I must’ve been angry to you up until now.”

 

“I know… I’ll talk to her soon.” She gave me an assuring smile, then I saw the cut on her lips.

 

“Does it still hurts?”

 

“Huh? This?A little. But fortunately, it’s healing fast so you don’t have to worry. Uhmm, anyway, are you busy right now? I mean, would you like to join me for a walk?”

 

“That sounds good. Where will we go?”

 

“At the park! Is that okay?”

 

“Hmmm, not bad.But how about these flowers?”

 

“No problem, I’ll carry them for you. So, shall we?” she gets the boquet from me and lends her hand on me.

 

“Okay.” I reached for her hand and then we started walking side by side while holding hands. Again, my blood rushed on my face on the skinship we had. She held my hand tighter which just worsen my blushing.

 

Mwoya? Why am I blushing?!

 

I shook my thoughts off ‘coz I don’t wanna end up thinking the possibility of liking her. Yes, I admit I like her company but it won’t go over the friendship line. And besides, I don’t think that she likes me either. She told me she loves Jessica and I know it’s still the same up to now. Wait, why am I convincing myself huh?

 

Geez. You’re making me crazy, Yuri ah.

 

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

Today is a different day compared from the previous days. There are neither calls nor texts coming from Sooyoung. Actually, my phone became this stagnant since last night so I wonder what happened to her. I even promised to myself that I’ll talk to her when she called again but then, she didn’t.

 

“Unnie, when will you finish that? I’m so hungry!” Krystal shouted from the living room.

 

That made me get out of my trance and start frying the batter I’ve been swirling minutes ago. Since Dad hasn’t come yet, I have no choice but to cook pancakes for our breakfast. That’s the only thing I know to cook aside from making an edible tuna and ham sandwich.

 

I brought the pancakes on the dining room and then I called Krystal so we can eat now. After that, we eat our breakfast peacefully, I mean, silently. I’m still not in the mood to talk that much, though I feel bad at neglecting my sister.

 

“Unnie, getting better?” She asked while munching her food.

 

“Hmm…” I weakly replied and then forked my pancake.

 

“Okay.”

 

That’s how we’ve been talking these past few days. Just simple hi and hellos and then the conversation will end. Just then, I heard a phone ringing so I quickly look mine but it’s not. I feel disappointed because of that.

 

“Sorry sis, it’s mine.” She said while waving her phone. I just rolled my eyes.

 

“Excuse me, I’ll answer this first.” Krystal ran to her room and I was left alone in the table. Having no choice, I finished my food and then go back to my room as well.

 

I sprawled on my bed and stared blankly on my phone. Why isn’t she contacting me? I sighed and rolled making my stomach flat on the bed. I scanned through my phonebook then I stopped at her name. Should I give her a call? What would I say to her? Eotteoke!

 

I’m still pissed off on what Sooyoung did to me. I need to hear her explanation. But I also know that this is not the time to put up this pride of mine over Sooyoung. I’ve been regretting how stupid I am to break up with her. I’m not thinking straight that time and I’ve been blinded by my jealousy with Tiffany. No way I gonna give her up easily. I’ll make sure that I’ll give Tiffany a good fight that she’ll never forget.

 

Gathering all my courage, I pressed the call button and here I am, anxiously waiting for Sooyoung to pick it up. Every dial tone feels like pounding my chest like hell. It’s a nerve wracking situation which I want to end right away. I want to hear her voice so bad because I missed her so much.

 

*ring…ring…ring…*

 

Gosh Sooyoung, please answer this!

 

*ring…ring…ring…*

 

Pick it up, Youngie…

 

*ring…ring…ring…*

 

For Cucumber’s sake, answer please!

 

*ring…ring..ri— Sorry, the number you dialed is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please tr—“

 

“What the-- Eeeeeeeeeing!”

 

. I threw my phone on the floor and I don’t care if it broke into pieces. I feel embarrassed at myself, knowing that she didn’t answer my call. Now, I know what she felt when I did that to her. She must have felt bad whenever I ignore her. Gosh! This is really my fault after all.

 

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

 

I was giggling to myself after I stood up and ran to my room. It was obvious that my dear sister was disappointed to know that it wasn’t her phone that is ringing. And she’ll be more furious if she knows that it was Sooyoungunnie who’s calling me.

 

“Hello Sooyoungunnie, what’s up?” I said after I locked my room.

 

“Krystal..hmmm, how are you?”

 

“I’m perfectly fine unnie. Why did you call by the way?”

 

“…By any chance, is your sister staying there?” Ahh, she’s looking for Jessica unnie.

 

“Yes. She came here last week.”

 

“Ahh, so…how is she? Is she doing fine?” Anticipation but sadness can be sensed on her tone.

 

“If you want an honest answer, then I’ll say no. She’s at her worst state. I even hear her crying at night but whenever I try to console her, she doesn’t want to talk about it. My goshunnie, what happened to both of you?”

 

“Hmm, how should I put this into words? Let’s just say, we’re not in good terms.”

 

“Well, that’s obvious. I’ve never seen her like this before. I’m starting to worry about her, especially when dad is not here. There’s no one to scold her or what because she never listens to me. She’s very..stubborn.”

 

“Sorry Krys, it’s my fault anyway. She must be really mad at me now.” I sighed. I never imagined that this “love quarrel” is serious as I thought.

 

“That’s not true unnie. Actually, she’s been waiting for you to call but you ended up calling me. HAHA! I can say that she misses you so bad.”

 

“Really? If she’s missing me, why isn’t she answering my previous calls? I thought she didn’t want to talk to me so I decided to call you to check on her.” She sounded hurt this time. I tried to be cheerful so I can lift her mood.

 

“Unnie!Don’t be sad. She’s just like that, trying to be hard-to-get and showing that she doesn’t care. But the truth is, she’s itching to talk and fix things with you. You know, she’s in her ‘princess’ mode.” This time, I heard her chuckling over the line.

 

“Krystal, can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Sure, what is it?”

 

“Can you take care of her for the mean time? I don’t want her to skip meals and sleep late. You know, she had gastric complications before so make sure she eats well. And also… don’t tell her that I called you.”

 

“No problem Sooyoungunnie. I can do that. But in one condition…”

 

“What?”

 

“I just wanna know if you still love my sister?” I know it’s weird but I’m having doubts on what her answer will be.

 

“Of c-course… I l-love her…”Is she stammering?

 

“Hmm, good. By the way, where are you? Are you planning to go here?”

 

“I’m actually driving right now..uhm, gonnadeal with some things first then after that, I’ll immediately go there.”

 

“Okay. Don’t be too long or else, you don’t like to see my unnie become a mad woman.” I jokingly said. Then I heard a loud thud on the room adjacent to mine which is my sister’s room.

 

What the hell was that?

 

“Krys, before I put this down, can you let me hear her voice?”

 

“Seriously? I think I should really spank your heads to put some sense on it. You and unnie are so childish!”

 

“I wish you could do it right now. I badly need it.  HAHA! So, can you?”

 

“Nae. Wait, I’ll go to her room.” I get up and then walked to my sister’s room.

 

It was not locked so I entered her room without knocking. I held my phone while Sooyoungunnie is still on the line. When I came near to Jessica’s bed, I saw her covering her head with a pillow, stomach flat on the bed, and…her phone wrecked on the floor. She must’ve thrown her phone. How silly!

 

“Unnie…” I said, while I take a seat on the edge of the bed. But she’s not responsing. How will I make her talk?

 

And then, I’ve think of something but I’m sure she’ll be freaking upset if I’ll do this to her. But as of now, I don’t have any choice so I lounged unto her and start to tickle her on her sensitive spot, her waist.

 

“KYAAAAAH! Krystal?! What the heck. Ack! Stop it!!! Yah! I said stop.” She squealed while squirming and breaking free out of me. Before she could take revenge, I stood up and run away from her. I think that scream was more than enough for Sooyoungunnie to hear.

 

“Shocks unnie! That’s not easy huh!” I said over the line while breathing some air.

 

“Thank you Krystal.  I owe you big time. Thank you so much!”

 

“No problem, anything for my sister’s happiness.”

 

With that, I ended the call and immediately went out of the house. I’ll let my sister’s anger to subside first so I decided to go at Amber’s house for the mean time. I just hope that Sooyoungunnie will finish fast whatever she wants to do so that she and my unnie can be together again.

 

 

 

SOOYOUNG’S POV

 

“KYAAAAAH! Krystal?! What the heck. Ack! Stop it!!! Yah! I said stop.”

 

I heard her yell over the line. That made me laugh a bit. She’s still squeaky and easily to be annoyed. Well, thanks to Krystal for that.

 

“Shocks unnie! That’s not easy huh!”

 

“Thank you Krystal.  I owe you big time. Thank you so much!”

 

“No problem, anything for my sister’s happiness.”

 

I sighed and felt relieved at the same time. It’s good to know that Krystal is there to look after Jessica. I won’t forgive myself if something bad happens to her. After I hung up the phone, I saw a missed call flashed on my screen. It was Jessica’s.

 

Jessica must have called while I’m talking to Krystal. Crap, what a coincidence!I’m 100% sure that she’s freaking out thinking that I was pissed at her. Without any second thoughts, I pressed her number and give her a call.

 

However, I can’t go through the line. Did she turn off her phone? I never gave up and tried to call again but I was having the same response. ! This just worsens our situation. I really need to go there as soon as possible.

 

But before that, I need to settle things first. I’m actually minutes away to my destination. And it’s a matter of luck whether she would talk to me or not. Anyway, I know this may be awkward but I’m taking chances here. I don’t wanna leave any hang-ups.

 

 

YURI’s POV

 

I and Tiffany were walking at the park, having small chit chats and laugh trips. I didn’t noticed that I’ve been holding her hand since we left the café so I let go of it, since I guess it made her uncomfortable. I’m just used to holding hands with my friends, especially Jessica, when we’re strolling. For me, it’s a simple friendly gesture. After some time, we got tired so we sat on the bench to rest.

 

“Wait Tiff, I’ll get something to drink.”

 

“okay…” I ran on a nearby vendo machine to buy some orange juice. After that, I went back to our place and called her.

 

“Tiffany! Catch!” I threw to her orange juice can.  Good thing she was aware of it.

 

“Ooops! Thanks Yul!”

 

I smiled and took a seat beside her. I opened my can and take a sip of it. Very refreshing!,I thought. What’s more refreshing is to see Tiffany, drinking her own juice and then giving me her heart-melting eye-smile. I can’t stop smiling back at her after that.

 

“Feels good to be here, right?” I said while I close my eyes and breathe in the fresh air.

 

“Yes. Do you usually go here?”

 

“Nae… I and my brother used to play here when we were young. Sometimes, I run all the way here when my mom scolds me. This park has become my mini-hideout.” I chuckled remembering my childhood days with my oppa.

 

“You and you’re brother seems very close eh?”

 

“Yeah. Too close that they actually recognized him as my boyfriend. How silly right?”

 

“Haha! That’s weird rather…hmm, I wonder how it feels to have a sibling.”

 

“Nae? You mean, you don’t have any sister or brother?” I asked. She just nodded.

 

“I was the first born in our family. Sadly, my mother died after she gave birth to me so I didn’t even get the chance to see her. Since then, I and my Dad are the only one who helps each other, through thick and thin. That’s why I love him so much.” Her voice suddenly cracked up.

 

“Oh..Tiffany, I’m sorry…” I looked at her apologetically.

 

“Gwaenchana. Being the only child is so burdensome. You have to do this, do that, as in everything. You have no one to talk to about your crushes, your enemies, the things you like and not, and even simple chit chats. It’s…lonesome. But then when I met Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Hyoyeon, my life has really changed. They are my bestest friends ever… But then, you know, things got complicated and eventually, they have fallen apart.”

 

“Sooyoung meant so much for you, isn’t it?”

 

She just nodded and smiled bitterly. This makes me more curios about her and Sooyoung.

 

“I envy her very much… She’s very lucky to have someone who loves her so much.” I left out a bitter chuckle.

 

“Yuri ah…”

 

“That’s why I hate her… How can she receive this so much love from you and Jessica, well in fact, she does nothing but to just hurt both of you? I want to smash her head again to put some sense on her! Aish, so frustrating! Tell me Tiffany, what does Sooyoung have that I don’t have?”

 

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. Then I felt a pat at my back.

 

“Yuri, you don’t have to compare yourself with her. You’re unique on your own way. There must be reasons why I fall in love with her…and maybe Jessica has too…”

 

“I think you’re right. *sigh* If only I was brave enough to confess to Jessica before, I wouldn’t end up sulking like this. Sometimes, eating up your pride won’t hurt right?” I said and then I saw her looked down.

 

“Jessica… she also means a lot to you right?”

 

“A lot. I love her…I always tell to her that I love her, but I know she only takes it in a friendly way. But I can’t blame her, I didn’t even tried telling her my feelings so she must still be clueless about it.”

 

“You know what? I’m starting to BE like you… I’m jealous with Jessica. How can she receive so much love from you and Sooyoung?” She said while mimicking my voice. I giggled at her.

 

“We’re on the same boat eh? HAHA! You know what? Why don’t we just like each other so we can finally move on?” Whuut?! Why did I say that?That…my tongue slipped and accidentally said it.

 

“Nae??”

 

“H-huh? A-aniyo!!!!! HAHAHAHA! I’m just kidding Tiffany! Just…forget it! HAHA!” I scratched my head and laughed like a fool to hide my flared up cheeks. Gosh!! You’ll scare her!

 

“I never expected you to joke this much Yuri.”

 

We just laughed at each other. I was in awe to see her smile and laugh like that. I’ve never seen her to be that carefree before. Just then, we stopped laughing and ended upstaring at each other. I don’t know but there’s something like a spell that pulls me towards her, that’s why I didn’t noticed that there was only a half-foot distance between our faces. Then my eyes slowly find its way down to her lips…those luscious lips. Again, I feel like I’m possessed with an evil spirit because I feel like I wanna taste those lips…to feel it… and to own it… but…

 

WAIT! WHAT AM I THINKING?!

 

I shouldn’t do this. She may think that I was taking advantage of her. This is wrong. THAT…is what my mind says to me.

 

I can’t stop this urge and I don’t care whatever happens. So I continued to lean forward, until there was a small space between us. I’m glad that she didn’t move away so I slowly closed my eyes as I close the gap between our faces…little by little… and then…

 

¯Uh la lalala, la lalala~We’re the Girls’, we’re the girls’ generation¯

 

HER PHONE RANG!!! Crap! Wrong timing caller! I curse that caller to have many pimples on the face for interrupting us!

 

Because of that, I quickly moved away from her, looked down to hide my blush. Yeah, I blushed out of embarrassment. Thanks to that caller eh.

 

“Hello? Who is this?”

“oh……..” Her expression suddenly changed when I faced her. She became more serious.

“Pardon?”

“But…”

 

She hang up her phone and faced me. She looks like there’s something bothering her. Oh yeah, I intended to kissed her a while a go so that’ll bother her a lot babo!

 

“Uhmm, Tiffany…t-that…I was… uhmm. S-sorry.”Good, stammer all you want. Aigoo!

 

“It’s alright.Uhmm, sorry but I have to go now.” She stood up and then bowed. I was about to stop her but she quickly run away.

 

Then again…An epic fail move of mine. Enough said.

 

 

------------

 

I’m now in front of her door. I rang the doorbell but no one is responding. I waited for a few minutes but still, no one comes out. Maybe she goes out to have some breakfast or take a walk outside. Because of that, I went to the clerk to ask her whereabouts.

 

“Miss, can you check if Ms. Hwang is in her room?”

 

“Yes ma’am. According to our database, she just logged out this morning. She hasn’t returned yet.”

 

“Ohh… Uhmm, can I ask her contact number? I need to talk to her something important.” I pleaded to the clerk.

 

“I’m sorry ma’am but we’re not allowed to give out any information of our customers to anyone.”

 

“But miss, I’m her…friend. Please?...oh, here. Take this. Just give me her phone number.” I handed her my credit card. I don’t care if she waste all my money but I’ll do anything just to talk to Tiffany.

 

“M-ma’am…this is…too m-much.”

 

“Please… I promise, I won’t tell her that you’re the one who helped me.” I gave my warmest smile at the clerk, thinking that this is my last ace to convince her to give Fany’s number.

 

“A-arasseo… here. XXXX-XXXXXXX… and ma’am, here’s your credit card, it’s not necessary for me to have this.”

 

“Ah, o-okay. Thank you very much! I owe you a lot!” I hold her hand and gently pressed it as a sign of my gratitude.

 

“A-ah..err. N-no problem ma’am.” She shyly smiled and bowed.

 

“By the way, what’s your name?”

 

“Huh? Uhm, I’m Hara. Goo Hara…”

 

“Oh nice name.Nice to meet you Hara sshi. I’m Sooyoung. Okay, bye!” With that, I waved at her and made my way through the exit. Wait, I saw her blush. HAHA! She looks attracted to me huh? Well, she’s cute though.

 

ANYWAY, it’s not time to flirt or what. I rushed back to my car, then dialed Tiffany’s number. I hope she answer this call. Fortunately, she did.

 

“Hello? Who is this?” She said in English. I can understand it well since we stayed in US for a long time also.

 

“It’s me…Sooyoung.” I don’t know but it felt strange talking with her at the phone. I bet she’s feeling the same way that’s why she didn’t respond immediately.

 

“Ohh……….”

 

“Hello? Tiffany? Are you still there?”

 

“Uhh…y-yeah.How did you know my number?” she starts talking back in Korean, but also sounded quite surprised.

 

“well, I did a lil bit of research… w-where are you?”

 

“I’m here at the park with--- but wait. Why would you want to know?” she’s with?

 

“iwanttotalkyou.” I slurred. ! Why do I feel nervous about this?

 

“Pardon?”

 

“I s-said, can w-we talk? Just the two of us…please?”Please Fany…

 

“Sorry Sooyoung but…I think I can’t--”

 

“Fany ah…please? I’m begging you…”

 

“But…”

 

“I’ll go at the beach near our school…the usual spot we go before. Just like the old days. I’ll wait for you…” I’m pertaining to the beach where I, Fany, and Taeyeon used to go when we were in junior high.

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“Bye, see yah.” I hang up the phone and then start driving towards the said place. I’ll wait for her no matter how long it would take for her to come.

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------

Drabbles…yeah I know. Next chapter would be a bit…HEAVY. Maybe you’re wondering what Sooyoung is up to… well, she just chose *TOOOT* HAHA. Anyway, thanks for reading! And if you have time, please do check out my new stories/shots: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/225516/i-have-a-crush-snsd-soosic