Chapter 20

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

A/N: Yey! My 20th chapter! First of all, thank you to all of my readers, because without you, I won’t reach this far. Haha. And to my loyal SooFany and SooSic shippers (though I can see that there’s more soofanyfied here, hehe), thanks for staying with me…I’ll try my best to give a very good story to you. I love you guys!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

“Why is she taking that long? Mr. Kwon, I have another appointment so I can’t just sit here and wait for her.” Mr. Park said annoyingly.

 

“Hmm… I don’t know it either. Let’s just wait for a few minutes more…” Mr. Kwon said calmly.

 

Just then, Tiffany came inside the conference room while catching her breath.

 

“Omo. Annyeong haseyo, I’m Stephanie Hwang, I’m really sorry for being late. I’m so sorry…” She said repeatedly while bowing in front of the elders.

 

Being amused on the beautiful girl’s attitude who just entered, Mr. Park forget why he’s having a fuss and offered a seat to Tiffany.

 

“Aigoo, Ms. Hwang it’s okay… Uhmm, here, take a seat so we can start the meeting...” Mr. Park said and then scratched his head.

 

“Kamsahamnida.” Tiffany complied and then sit.

 

“Ahh. Nae. Ms. Hwang, before anything else, I never thought that Jungsu (A/N: fictional name of tiffany’s father okay? C: )would have a very beautiful daughter isn’t it?” Mr. Kwon complemented Tiffany.

 

“Oh jinja? Y-you mean she is Hwang Jungsu’s daughter?? One of the top business tycoons in USA?! Are you kidding me Kwon?” Mr. Park said surprisingly, while Tiffany just smiled sheepishly.

 

“Hey, chill down Park. That’s the reason why we have this meeting. I want you to inform that we got Mr. Hwang to support our project so here’s her daughter to talk things out.”

 

“Yeah. Mr. Kwon is right. I’m here to represent my dad for this business project. I hope we’ll work well together.” Tiffany said and then shows a wide smile for both of the elders.

 

“Well nice to meet you Ms. Stepany? Step? Stef? Uggh! What should we call you then? Hehe.” Mr. Park shake hands with Tiffany and then earned a smack from Mr. Kwon for being silly.

 

“Tiffany will do, Mr. Park”

 

“Great, so Tiffany, here’s the proposal we have for the new resort we want to build in Jeju… I hope you’ll have time to read it and if everything goes well, you could sign the contract. And then, we’re off to start the project. Is that okay?” Mr. Kwon inquired.

 

“Yes, sir. I also have to discuss this with my father. Don’t worry, I think this would be a success.” Tiffany assured Mr. Kwon.

 

“Actually, I have another colleague who should be in here but unfortunately, something came up that’s why she didn’t make it. Her company is in charge of the interior design as well as the landscaping of the resort. I apologize for that but I assure you, she’ll be here once everything is okay.”

 

She? That means I’m not the only girl who’s working with them? Good. Tiffany nodded as she released a light sigh.

 

“By the way, I just remembered that you are currently staying at one of my hotels, isn’t it?” Mr. Park asked.

 

“Ah yes Mr. Park. Actually, I’m in your Empire Bldg. Inc. I can say that you really have a good place sir.”

 

“Of course, my daughter is the one who designed it. I hope you’ll meet her. I’m sure that you and her will blend well.”

 

“I’ll look forward to it sir.” Her daughter? I hope she’s nice. Tiffany said in herself.

 

“Before I forget, Tiffany, I’m expecting you to attend the Grand Party that we’ll be conducting next week. You’ll meet our other investors, as well as your dad’s friend so I guess your presence is a must. I’ll make my daughter send you the invitation once we finalized it.” Mr. Kwon explained to Tiffany.

 

“Ahh, kamsahamnida…Yes sir, I’ll be there.”Daugther again? Do they even have a son? Tiffany thought and chuckled a bit.

 

“So, that’s it. Thanks for your time Mr. Park and Ms. Hwang.” Mr. Kwon offered shake hands to both of them and then led them the way out.

 

Party huh? Well, that’s a good time to relax a bit. Tiffany said once again to herself.

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

When I woke up, I felt a lot better since last night.  However, I still don’t feel completely fine because I really do wanna get out of this place. As in A.S.A.P.

 

I checked my phone to ease my boredom. And then, I saw my girlfriend’s message on the screen so I quickly read it.

 

TO SOOYOUNGIE:

Good morning sweetie! =) how are you feeling? I hope you’re fine now. I’ll visit you later okay? Annyeong! Love you <3

 

And then I sent a reply to her.

 

TO SICA:

Sicaaaa~  I’m so bored…  I miss you already~~

TO SOOYOUNGIE:

Omo. Full of aegyo in this morning huh? Okay… I’ll send you a joke…

 

TO SICA:

Jinja? Okay… what is that? Make sure it’s funny! =p

 

TO SOOYOUNGIE:

Why aliens don’t eat clowns?

 

TO SICA:

Wae? =p

 

TO SOOYOUNGIE:

Because they taste funny… LOLZ!

 

TO SICA:

Really sica? Is that what you call joke?

 

TO SOOYOUNGIE:

Wae? Isn’t it funny? HAHA!

 

TO SICA:

Whatever… but I’m still bored… T___T

 

TO SOOYOUNGIE:

Aww… don’t worry, just play some games on your phone… or, talk with someone there… Okay, have to go =)

 

TO SICA:

NAe… Take care sweetie… I’ll wait you here <3

 

After that, I played some games but after a few moments, I’m still bored at this place. I’m really annoyed why the doctor won’t let me out well in fact I’m feeling well already.

 

“Ugghhh!” I groaned in frustration. Staying at this hospital bed makes me feel sicker. Is my condition that really critical?

 

Suddenly, the doctor came in and checked the things he has to check. However, I just realized that I somehow know him.Omo. He seems familiar.

 

“How are you feeling Ms. Choi?” He said while writing something on his recordbook. I scanned his face and then finally, I remembered who he is.

 

“E—Eunhyuk? Is that you?!” I said with a hint of shock and get up from bed.

 

“Yeah yeah yeah, Choi Sooyoung…” He grinned and then ruffled my hair.

 

“How come I didn’t notice you earlier? You’re a doctor now huh.”

 

“Well first, you were sleeping last night when I’m examining you. Lastly, yes, I’m a doctor now, OBVIOUSLY.”

 

I snarled at what he said. Still the boastful and full of mockery boy I once met whenI was in high school. I just giggled at his remark.

 

“So, how are you Sooyoung? Seems like you undergone so many things…tragic things I guess?” He said then took a seat beside my bed.

 

“As if you don’t know a thing. Don’t fool me Hyukkie, I know you knew what happened.”

 

“After you and her left Korea, I didn’t hear any news from you since I went to Japan to study. So aside from what Miyoung…i-I mean, Tiffany, has told me last night… that you had an accident… I don’t know any further details.”

 

I shot my eyes at him. How dare she call Tiffany by her Korean name? I and Taeyeon are the only ones who can call her like that. W—wait… What am I thinking? Really Sooyoung?

 

“So you meet her?”

 

“Of course, she’s the one who brought you here.” He said in a sarcastic way.

 

“Didn’t she recognize you?”

 

“Aniyo. She was worried sick about you when she talked to me. And I guess, this new look made it harder for her to recognize me”.

 

He’s right. He had his hair dyed into light yellow, and then he turned a little bit darker and he looked cleaner now since he didn’t have any eyeliner on.Rocker Eunhyuk yeah!

 

“So…  do you mind if you tell me what happened?”

 

“Why should I tell you then?” I asked him looking away from him.

 

“Because I’m your friend? I mean… your EX BOYFRI—“ Because of that, I guess something blocked my throat which made me cough a bit.

 

“Mwo? That does not count! We’re not serious back there. Don’t fool yourself.” I said in disbelief and crossed my arm. Aish, so full of himself!

 

“Woah. Chill down! Haha! I know right. So… I thought you and Tiffany are ok—“

 

“We’re not. And we will never be. I have a new life now. There, I said it. Happy?” I said leaning back to my pillow with my hands at the back of my head.

 

There was a brief awkward silence between us but then he flicked my forehead and laughed at me.

 

“Yah! What’s so funny about that huh?”

 

“You’re still the same Sooyoung I met before… Stubborn and childish… Awww, You shouldn’t have left me, you know… at least you could have a better life if you chose me over her.” He chortled which made me smack his head.

 

“Aish. Eunhyuk! Seriously? You’re so annoying!! Ughh!” I covered my face and cursed him in my mind.

 

“Hey! I’m just kidding Choi. HAHA!”

 

“That’s not a good joke either.” I rolled my eyes and then face my back at him.

 

“Just a piece of advice my dear friend, Sometimes, it’s better to forget something that will only bring you despair…Learn to let goLearn to forgive… I’m sure you’ll be happier. He patted my head and then stood up from his seat.

 

I was about to react with his statement but when I turned to him, he was already at the door.

 

“Just wait till afternoon and then you’ll be discharged here.” After that, he vanished and I was left with my own thoughts.

 

Sometimes, it’s better to forget something that will only bring you despair…Learn to let go… Learn to forgive… I’m sure you’ll be happier.

 

That statement of Eunhyuk kept repeating on my mind. I seriously hate it now.

 

No…no…no… He’s out of his mind to say those things; besides, he doesn’t know the whole story so why would he give such advice? Aish, Just forget it Sooyoung.

 

JESSICA’s POV

 

I was busy finishing the documents on my table so that I can go to the hospital and visit Sooyoung. We still didn’t have the chance to talk about the incident yesterday so I planned on staying with her at the hospital.

 

Just then, someone knocked on my door.

 

“Come in…” I said nonchalantly. And then I saw Hyoyeon coming towards my table.

 

“Hi Jess! What’s with the busy mode?” She grinned while tapping her fingers at my table.

 

“U—uhmm… I just want to finish things earlier…” I said avoiding eyecontact with her. I actually felt awkward talking to her eversince I knew what Sooyoung told me about her.

 

“Oh… Is that so? That means you wouldn’t be joining us for lunch Jess?” She pouted which made me chuckled at her actions.

 

“Mianhe… I really have to go somewhere this afternoon so I have to finish this…” I said while focusing back on the documents.

 

“Ayy… Don’t stress yourself Jess… It’s very unusual to see you being a workaholic… Unless…” She glared at me.

 

“Unless what?”

 

“Unless you have a problem… Is there something bothering you Jess?” She asked me while looking intently to me.

 

Omo. I can’t tell her. Maybe Sooyoung is right, she may be angry to me if she knew that I’m Sooyoung’s girlfriend.

 

“Ahh, n—nothing Hyoyeon…” I quickly shift my glance at the documents once again.

 

“Hey Jess, you can’t fool me. I know you’re hiding something. C’mon… I won’t bite.” She took a seat infront of the table and smile widely.

 

Look at her Jess. She’s not what you think. She’s kind and a rational person. She’ll understand it somehow.

 

“Uhmm… Actually…”

 

KRING! KRING! KRING!

 

Oh gosh! Thank you for that phone. I guess I won’t tell it to her. Her phone rang so she answered it.

 

“Yeobseyeo? Ah, yeah…” She excused herself and went near to the window.

 

I took a deep sigh. I shouldn’t be bothered by what Sooyoung has said, besides, I don’t want to meddle in their issue. I suppose I should keep this for now since I know it will not cause anything good to us.

 

“Jessica… Jeshka! Gwaenchana?” She nudged me and then I was back from trance.

 

“Err… Nae… Uhuh…” I said shyly and then I scratched my head.

 

“Ah anyway, Mr. Park has called me. He’s asking about the package. Did you give it to him?”

 

Shoot!Yeah right, that heavy box…I thought. I left it in my apartment.

 

“Aigoo,  I haven’t yet. Don’t worry, I’ll bring it to him once I finish this.”

 

“Okay. So, what were you saying earlier?” Again, she took a seat infront of me. To avoid the topic, I gather all the files and placed it on my bag.

 

“Ahh…T—that’s what I’m trying to say… hehe… I left Mr.Park’s package in my house so…I’m afraid that you’ll be angry to me… Mianhe.” I apologize and bowed at her. That was a good excuse, though.

 

“Ayyy. Aniyo. Why would I be angry to you Jess? It’s not like you betrayed me or what… It’s nothing, you don’t have to worry.” She said while giving a reassuring pat at my shoulder.

 

“It’s not like you betrayed me or what…”I felt shivers through my spine when I heard that line from Hyo. Maybe Sooyoung was right from the very start.

 

“Je-ssi-ca! You’re zoning out again! HAHA!” She laughed at me and poked my cheek. Still, I can’t erase the fact that she’s very playful and dorky.

 

I just smiled back and flicked her forehead. “Yah, can you please go back to your office? I’ll leave now, I have to send that package and go to the hospital, okay?”

 

“Mwo? Who’s in the hospital?”

 

“S—Soo”Oh crap… Paboya Jess!

 

“I—I mean s—someone… Just a family friend. Eheh…” I lied obviously. And then I saw her nod which made me feel relief.

 

“Yah, KA! Go now…I still have to fix things here arasseo?” I pushed her playfully towards my door and ask her to leave.

 

“Hey, hey! You don’t have to push me huh… Ara ara… But you still owe a lunch from me huh?” She said while standing at the door.

 

“Nae??!” I pushed her harder but she won’t budge. I slapped her arm but she just laughed at it. Aish, so stubborn.

 

“Okay fine. Are you happy now?”

 

“Jinja? Waaah! Thanks Jess!” Just then she hugged me and what surprised me is that she gave a quick peck on my cheek.

 

After that, she run away from my office wherein I was left stunned and surprised at what she did.

 

Hyoyeon?! What was that?

 

HYOYEON’S POV

 

I run away as fast as I could so that I can escape from her wrath. When I arrived at my office, I catch up my breath but still, my heartbeat never ceases to slow down its pace.

 

Hyo… You’re so great! You did it! I screamed in joy and jumped like a freak towards my couch.I throw a fist in air and squealed DAEBAK!

 

Yes, I’ve been having this feeling for Jessica since she came here in my company. I can say that she’s my crush…I mean, my ultimate crush aside from Taecyeon of 2PM. HAHA! Well, she’s gorgeous, intelligent, not to mention, hot…Omo. What am I thinking?

 

I slumped on my couch with the smile still fixed on my face. I stared at the ceiling and savored the feeling Ihad previously. Oh yeah, I kissed her… on her cheeks.

 

However, something came up in my mind. I’m still aware that she has already a girlfriend and I’m respecting that fact. But…I guess there’s nothing wrong on having a crush on her right? Besides, as I’ve mentioned earlier, I respect her relationship so I won’t make any further move to her. I’m contented at our current state, just friends…

 

The kiss? Actually, that was not planned, I was just overjoyed that time though I also don’t know why. Maybe because of hormones? HAHA! I really don’t know. I just feel like doing it.

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

After the meeting, Tiffany went back to the hotel so that she can rest. Even though it’s still early, she wants to go to bed since she didn’t get enough sleep last night.

 

She threw her bag and the file case at the table and then sprawled her body on the bed.

 

“Aigoo… So comfty…” Just then, her eyes become heavy and but then when she was about to fall to sleep, she remembered Sooyoung.

 

Is she alright? I think I should visit her. Because of that, she set her alarm for 30 minutes so that she can sleep for a while before going to the hospital.

 

--AT THE HOSPITAL—

 

Sooyoung was fiddling with her fingers while waiting for the nurse to finish some final test before she may be discharged. She was bored to death so she tried to call her girlfriend but unfortunately, her phone ran out of battery.

 

“What the… Are you kidding me? Wae geurae?! Aissshhhh!” She threw her phone on the table and messed her hair.

 

“Eotteoke? What will I do now? Arghhh!” She was really annoyed since the Eunhyuk won’t allow her to go unless she has a companion. And now, she can’t ask anyone to fetch her since her phone is dead.

 

Giving up on the thought of leaving earlier, she lay down on the bed and forced herself to sleep, but she can’t since what she did all day is to sleep and sleep. She just hoped that Jessica would visit her so that she can get out of that boring place.

 

--AT PARK EMPIRE BLDG. INC.—

 

Jessica decided to drop by first at Mr. Park’s place before going to Sooyoung since that package was supposed to be given yesterday. When she entered the building, she was amazed to see how the architecture inside was artistically made. It was definitely one of the best hotels that she has seen in Seoul.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany made herself ready to go to the hospital. She changed her clothes and then put some light make up. Then, she went to the elevator and waited to reach the ground floor.

 

Going back, Jessica went in front of the elevator and stood in front of it, waiting patiently for it to open.

 

5…

 

4…

 

3…

 

2…

 

1… DING!

 

Once the door has opened, she waited for the people inside to come out. Just then, someone bumped her who seems busy with her phone but fortunately, she was able to maintain her balance and stand still, though she struggled a bit on carrying the package. Because of that, she felt irritated to the person who bumped her since the package that she’s holding is fragile.

 

“Hey, can you please look at where you’re walking at?”Jessica then gave her cold glare at the person.At that moment, she realized that the girl was quite familiar to her.

 

“Oh… Mianheyo…”Tiffany said apologetically and then gave a slight bow to Jessica.

 

Jessica just stood there and continues to stare blankly at Tiffany. She’s the blonde girl I saw yesterday, she thought.

 

“Miss? Gwaenchana? Do you need some help?” Tiffany put down her phone and motioned to help Jessica on what she’s carrying but Jessica refused to do so.

 

“Aniyo. Thanks by the way.”She said sternly and without looking back, she went inside the elevator and pushed the button immediately.

 

Tiffany looked confused at the girl. Another cold person I guess?Hey… what’s wrong with you Tiff? You seem to bump random people huh? She thought and then mentally laughed at herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------

That’s it for now…

 

Sorry for the ELEVATOR SCENE…I just wanted to use it frequently, haha! And I think it’s more logical though it does not show variation. SORRY! Hehe.

 

Anyway, since there are a lot of soofany pipz out there, I’m giving you what you want next chapter. BUT… SOOSICSPHERES… don’t worry…I’ll let them have their moment at the right time. Kekekeke^^ Comments? Suggestions? Just write it down there^^