Chapter 21

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

 

 

 

 

--BACK AT THE HOSPITAL—

 

 

 

Tiffany arrived at the hospital andwhen she was in front of the door of Sooyoung’s room, she hesitated for a moment to come in, thinking of what should she do. She bit her lip and contemplated with herself if she should continue or not.

 

On the other hand, Sooyoung kept on arguing with the doctor in letting her to be discharged immediately.

 

“Sooyoung ah, how many times would I tell you that I can’t allow you to get out without any permission.” Eunhyuk said with a bit rise in tone.

 

“But I’m already allowing myself to go now! Isn’t that enough? I’m fully healed!” Sooyoung ranted.

 

“What I mean is a RELATIVE CONSENT, not a SELF-PROCLAIMED CONSENT. Get that?” Eunhyuk said sarcastically.

 

“But Soojin is very busy. And… And my girlfriend already told me that she’s going here. Can’t I just go outside to wait for her?” Sooyoung jumped off from the bed with her back facing the door, Eunhyuk on the other side of the bed.

 

“Girlfriend? You may just escape us. Your sister would be very angry if that happens.” He said while crossing his arms.

 

“I won’t! I promiseI’m telling the truth! She’s coming and she’s going to fetch me!”

 

“Aish… Why are you so stubborn?! You’re such a whine baby!” Eunhyuk answered back.

 

“MWO?!I’m not!!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

 

Just then, someone came in Sooyoung thought that it was Jessica since she wasn’t looking at the door.

 

“Huh! I told you, she’s coming. Sic—“ She was cut off when she turned around and saw Tiffany standing there, not Jessica.

 

“Miyoung? Ohh!Sooyoung ah! I thought there’s nothing between you and her anymore? Why did you lie to me huh?” Eunhyuk was pertaining to their previous conversation where Sooyoung said that she has a new life now.

 

“I’m not lying to y—“ Sooyoung defended but was cut off when Eunhyuk butted in.

 

“That’s not gonna work to me again. You don’t have to deny your girlfriend in me. You know, I don’t have anything against same relationship.”

 

Eunhyuk stuck his tongue out and then walked towards to Tiffany to make her sign some papers. Tiffany was just puzzled with what’s happening so she just stood there and didn’t noticed that she was called by her Korean name.

 

“You look beautiful with your hair. No wonder why Sooyoung is being so protective of you.” Eunhyuk teased, still clueless of the real state of Sooyoung and Tiffany’s relationship.

 

“Nae? I—I’m not… H-hey... It’s… Uhmm…” Tiffany trailed off while gesturing her hand that it’s not true.

 

“Here. Sign these papers, and then both of you can go now.”

 

Eunhyuk explained and then gave a smirk at the taller girl. Sooyoung just glared at him and sat back to the bed. She doesn’t see the point of arguing to the doctor anymore since it won’t believe her.

 

“Hey… I t—told you… I’m not h—“

 

“Shushh…” Eunhyuk then whispered at Tiffany. “Just sign these or she will eat you alive. Arasseo?”

 

Because of that, Tiffany just complied with the doctor’s request and then glances once in a while to check on Sooyoung’s reaction.

 

“Yeah! There you have it Choi, you’re free now!” Eunhyuk waved the papers and teased Sooyoung by sending a flying kiss to her.

 

“That’s… gross” Sooyoung just rolled her eyes and look away from the duo.

 

“By the way, I’m Eunhyuk. Nice to meet you again, Miyoung ah.” Eunhyuk offered a shake hand to Tiffany. On the other hand, the shorter girl was surprised to know that it was Eunhyuk since she totally didn’t recognize him, aside from calling her ‘Miyoung’.

 

“Jinja?? Eunhyuk! Oh I’m sorry! I didn’t notice you. By the way, you look…different.” Tiffany took his hand and chuckled.

 

“Well, yes. But I’m still the old Eunhyuk whom Sooyoung love so much way back then…” He joked again which made Tiffany laugh, but made Sooyoung furious.

 

“Say another word and I’ll throw this pillow to you DOCTOR!”’ Sooyoung snarled emphasizing the word DOCTOR.

 

“HAHA! Anyway, I still have things to do, so… I’ll leave both of you okay?”

 

Tiffany nodded hesitantly and before Eunhyuk stepped out of the room, he whispered to Tiffany.

 

“Hey, I don’t know what happened to both of you coz you know, she’s quite moody since last night. Why don’t you tame your girlfriend there? Give her a hot smooch Miyoung ah”

 

“Yah! I said—“Eunhyuk then patted her shoulder and left Tiffany in aghast because shedidn’t expect to hear that so she widened her eyes and blushed.

 

JESSICA’S POV

 

“Ma’am, what can I do for you?” The clerk asked me.

 

“I have a package to give to Mr. Park. It’s from the Kim’s Stockholdings Inc.” I handed the package to the clerk and then she dialed on the phone and talk to someone.

 

“Okay ma’am. We have to wait for President Park’s confirmation before you can leave. Please wait for a while.”

 

“No problem.” I smiled and took a seat on the couch.

 

While waiting for it, I tried to call Sooyoung. However, her line cannot be reached. I attempted to call again but I still get the same response.

 

“What’s wrong with her?”, I thought. Proably, I’ll just go straight to the hospital after this and buy some foods for her.

 

TIFFANY’s POV

 

After Eunhyuk has left, silence takes over the place. I honestly felt shy with her. I don’t know what to say or what to do. It’s like we’re strangers having our first time to see each other.

 

“What are you doing here?” Sooyoung said coldly which made me jerk a bit.

 

“I actually…v—visit someone here. It just happens that…you and h—her are in the same hospital so—“ I was cut off when she suddenly spoke up and get down from bed, but still her focus was on picking up her stuffs.

 

“Since when did you learn to lie?” I heard her smirk and then she looked at me.

 

That caught me off guard. Now, I can’t look straight at her eyes. Aish, embarrassing!

 

“Uh… I guess I’ll go now. I’m sorry…” I turned around and then mentally slapped my head. You just blew your chance to talk to her.

 

“Do you have anyother words in your vocabulary aside from SORRY?” She suddenly spoke up in a mocking tone and I can feel her gaze at me.

 

It’s not that bad or serious but somehow, it managed to give discomfort on my chest. That definitely hurt me.

 

“Well… at least, I have it on my vocabulary so when someone said sorry to me, I know its meaning… and… I’ll definitely forgive her.”  I said with conviction after I faced her back.

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

“Well… at least, I have it on my vocabulary so when someone said sorry to me, I know its meaning… and… I’ll definitely forgive her.”  She said and then looked at me with hurtful eyes.

 

I guess it’s my turn to feel guilty now. What she said has definitely struck me.

 

“If forgiving someone is easy as what you think, then you’re wrong…” I said in a low tone. I take off my hospital robe though I still have my shirt and loose pants inside me.

 

“What makes it hard to forgive Sooyoung?” she asked me which made me stop from what I’m doing.

 

“…………” I didn’t speak yet. I’m trying to find the right words to say but no matter how hard I try, I always keep on coming back at this thought.

 

“You… It’s because of you.” I said sharply while restraining myself to let it all out. I’m not ready yet for another drama.

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

Because of what Sooyoung said, Fany stiffened and was fighting back not to let her tears run down. She doesn’t want to look weak so she walked towards to Sooyoung and faced her.

 

“Me?... Why is it always about me? D—don’t you think you’re being unfair?” Tiffany retorted.

 

Then Sooyoung stood up and faced Tiffany as well, in which the smaller girl flinched a bit on the sudden eye contact. Soo took a good look of Tiffany, from its eyes, nose and lips. She can’t imagine how it was possible to hate the one she used to love her whole life.

 

“You..don’t..know why?... Ever since that ing day happened… after you cruelly abandoned me… you took..EVERYTHING away from me…My heart, my ego, my s-soul…EVERYTHING!”

 

Sooyoung finally let her guard down and let her tears escape its chambers. She wants to finish this agony she’s been experiencing by pouring all her hatred and hard feelings towards the smaller girl. On the other hand, Tiffany was extremely hurt from that so it’s her turn to let her feelings out.

 

“Abandoned you? I wanted to point out that I..Never..Leftyou… I was always there! But what did you do?... You kept on pushing me away from you…You didn’t even listen to me!” Tiffany snapped and continues to tear up.

 

“And just to remind you…you’re the one who left me! You…You meant too much to me t—that there was no way I could live normally after you selfishly left me…” Tiffany resented and hit her point finger right through Sooyoung’s chest (A/N: more like ‘dinuduro’ in tagalog…I don’t know the English trans, sorry^^).

 

“T—Tiffany…” Those words sank into Sooyoung’s heart that there was no any other word she can utter except the name of the sorrowful girl in front of her.

 

“I have wished for you to see what you did to me before…know and feel the guilt of the wrong you’ve done in my life. But I know…I know that you’re hurting too as much as I am… I admit that..part of it was my fault… But d—did you ever consider..that..that what you did was wrong?” Tiffany released everything that she’s been keeping for a long time along with the salty liquid pouring down her face.

 

“Tiff…You told me before, t-that we would live a life side by side… There will be no day that we will be away from each other… Y-you also told me that you want to have three kids…to have a huge pink mansion…that you would stay with me until we breathed our last…”

 

Sooyoung said while sobbing as she reminisce all the things both of them have promised to each other. Tiffany smiled bitterly after she heard that.

 

“But… how could you go against your own words when those promises had been my reason to live?... Why huh?!Why did you didn’t want to marry me?”

 

Sooyoung finally asked Tiffany that question…The question that has been bugging her since that fail marriage proposal.

 

Why Tiffany?

 

“You…You wouldn’t have to know… Besides, you already said that it won’t change a thing…It’s pointless…”  She sardonically said and wiped her tears. She just said what Sooyoung said to her back at the cemetery  (A/N: check chapter 18 guys^^)

 

“Tiffany… I’m… I’m so—“

 

Just when Sooyoung was about to say something, Tiffany shook her head and walked out of the room. The walls that she had built just to cover up the misery she’s been dealing with has fallen apart and again, continuously hurting her deep inside.

 

“Fany… Fany ah… D-don’t leave me…” Sooyoung mumbled remorsefully while holding at the table beside the bed for support.

 

She cried her heart out and realized that it was herself who has been the cause of her own sufferings.Unconsciously, she called Tiffany by her nickname which she usually do when they were still together.

 

Not minding what will happen next, she picked up her things and tried to follow where Tiffany go. She run away from the room and searched for the smaller girl. She looks around the area and when she didn’t saw any traces of Tiffany, she rode in the elevator and went to the main entrance, hoping that she would find the girl.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany immediately went towards the entrance since she wanted to leave to avoid any further discussion with Sooyoung. What happened is just too much in which she can’t find the strength to face her anymore.

 

To her dismay, it was already raining heavily that’s why she was stuck on the façade of the building. She left her car on the hotel since she was lazy enough to drive more. Since she has no choice, she took a step towards the rain but suddenly, someone caught her wrist and pulled her.

 

“Yah!Don’t you see its raining?” Sooyoung said while catching for her breath.

 

“Let me go…” Tiffany said weakly and avoiding the taller girl’s gaze.

 

“I won’t.”

 

“Just let me go!” Tiffany struggles to pull her hand she can’t due to Sooyoung’s grip that is definitely physically stronger than her.

 

“I said no! Aish…”Instead of letting go, she dragged Fany towards the parking lot. Though Fany resist Sooyoung’s force, she can’t win over her so she just let the taller girl pull her.

 

-------------

 

Jessica took another sip of the coffee given to her by the clerk while having a small chat with Mr. Park.

 

“Ms. Jung, thanks for the bringing the package here. I totally appreciate it.” Mr. Park said.

 

“No problem sir.” Jessica gave a warm smile to the older man.

 

“Oh before I forget, I want you to inform the Kim’s that they are invited for the Grand Party so I’m expecting both of you to see there okay?”

 

“Grand Party? What’s that sir?”Jessica asked.

 

“Ahh. That’s more of a meet-up party, you know, the investors, businessmen, and other entrepreneurs will gather in that party. And by the way, it will be hosted by Mr. Kwon with regards to our upcoming project. He just came from U.S. so it must have been hard for him fixing stuffs.” Mr. Park explained.

 

“Oh? Did you just say Mr. Kwon?” Jessica was utterly surprised that her father’s best friend will be involved here. It’s really a small world, she thought.

 

“Why do you know him?”

 

“U-uhmm.. Yes sir. He is my dad’s bestfriend and yeah, we just met him a few days ago.”

 

“Oh? That’s great! So Jessica-sshi, I’m looking forward to see you and Hyoyeon-sshi at the party. The invitation will be sent anytime this week.” Mr. Park smiled and then offered a hand to Jessica.

 

“Yes sir, we would love to know that.” With that, Jessica shakes hands with Mr. Park  and bid farewell to him.

 

After that, she immediately went to her car since she was excited to see Sooyoung, and at the same time, worried, thinking that the taller girl is already waiting for so long. She knew that Sooyoung is impatient when it comes to waiting.

 

-------------

 

Sooyoung opened the passenger seat’s door for Tiffany but the latter remained standing and didn’t move an inch.

 

“Aren’t you gonna go inside?” Sooyoung asked calmly though both of them already have puffy red eyes.

 

“And why would I do that? As far as I can remember, you told me that you want me out of your life don’t you? And yeah…I’m doing it right now.”

 

Tiffany said sternly and motioned to walk away from Sooyoung but the taller girl managed to get a strong hold on the smaller girl.

 

“Just get in the car and…let me drive you to your place. And then after that…do whatever you want.”

 

Finally Tiffany gave in since she was too tired to argue anymore. That made Sooyoung sniffed and smile a bit but the smaller girl didn’t saw it.

 

On the other hand, Jessica arrived at the hospital and was surprised to see an empty bed on Sooyoung’s room.

 

“Where did she go?” Jessica asked herself. So she went to the information desk and asks the personnel.

 

“Miss, do you know where the patient in Room 209 go? Is there something wrong?” She asks worriedly.

 

“Are you pertaining to Ms. Choi Sooyoung?”

 

“Yes. What happened?” Jessica inquired as her heartbeat increased its pace.

 

“Oh ma’am, she was just discharged awhile ago. Sorry ma’am but you just missed them.” The personnel said apologetically.

 

“Them? Can I know who she is with?” Jessica shot another question.

 

“From what I see here, it’s Ms. Stephanie Hwang who signed the discharge papers.”

 

Stephanie Hwang? You mean…Tiffany Hwang?, she thought frantically.

 

Right after she heard that name, she already knew that starting from this day, her life would never be the same, and worst…she may loose the person whom she love the most…

 

“T—Tiffany…”

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: I wan’t to make this chapter longer but I’m so tired… T^T… Aigoo… I need some sleep now… Kekeke^^ anyway, I’m a dramatic person so I want pure drama here…*evil laugh* but as a reward, at least, SooFany quite loosen up a bit… but you know, in every action, there is an equal but opposite reaction…So, SooSic is in danger…I warn you…HAHA.More drama, more fun.That’s it =)

 

THANK YOU TO ALL OF MY SUBSCRIBERS AND ALL OF THE COMMENTS! I REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS! <3 TOODLES!