-Seven-

The Perfect One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day Joohyun resigned and Sehun had requested for unpaid leave for the next few months. Everyone in the hospital were saddened by Joohyun's resignation but at the same time, happy for both Sehun and her. The good news had soon covered up the malicious things said about Jinri, even though some of the senior nurses remained unfriendly towards Jinri.

Three months had flew past, the dark cloud has seemed to dissipate and with life getting smoother, Jinri's mood has lifted up a lot. She stood in front of the full length mirror in the washroom and smiled. Initially she was worried about her protruding stomach as days go by, but surprisingly, her baby bump wasn't obvious at all, as if she wasn't pregnant. If it wasn't for the morning sickness she experienced every morning, Jinri might think that the pregnancy kit was just a false alarm. 

However, the lack of growth in her stomach also raised concern in her. She wondered if her baby in isn't growing well and as much as she wishes to go for medical check up, she didn't want to take any risk, for fear that her secret might be exposed. 

"Little plum," Jinri rubbed her flat tummy as she called out the nickname that she has given to her baby since she has been craving for plums everyday, "You must grow well and come out as a healthy child okay?"

 

"Jinri."

The moment Jinri walked out of the restroom, she heard someone from behind calling her.

Jinri turned around to see Jongin jogging towards her, "Hey Jongin oppa."

"How's living alone? Can you cope?" Jongin questioned, knowing that Joohyun had moved out to live with Sehun since they are currently engaged. 

Although Jinri does feel lonely living alone in the big apartment, she felt more glad and contended that her sister is now living with the love of her life, making the most out of her remaining time left. 

"I am okay oppa, I am a grown up! I can take care of myself!"

Jongin really loves seeing the cheerful side of Jinri. He could feel the positive energy whenever he is around her and that's what he adores her the most. She is gracious, generous, and kind hearted and an angel like her deserves the best. Recently many nasty things about Jinri have been spread around the building and with her sister's illness troubling her, Jinri must have felt really miserable. Now that the storm has cleared, he hopes to see her smile everyday, channeling her sunshine personality to everyone like she usually does. 

Jongin pat her head, "If you need help, let oppa know okay?"

"I got it, Jongin oppa," Jinri nodded like a little puppy.

"I will pick you up later," Jongin looked at his watch, "Meet me and 'big ear' oppa at carpark at around 6pm? As you know Sehun doesn't like anyone being late."

Jinri's heart clenched a little although she doesn't know why.

"O-Okay, see you later," Jinri grinned.

 

The boys and Jinri were awestruck by how well the ivory wedding dress complements Joohyun's skin. Her illness was slowly eating her up as she gets tired easily and her body has gotten weaker, but none of them wishes to be reminded by her condition, even if they all know that they are running away from the reality. Jinri quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter