Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 8

Daddy And The Gangster

Woohyun let out a bitter laugh.  "You're such an idiot," he mumbled to himself while downing another shot.  "What were you thinking?  You must be out of your mind."  He reached for another shot but was stopped.

"That's enough," said a voice as he pushed the shot glass away from Woohyun's reach.

Woohyun turned his head to see who had interrupted him.  He tried to focus until he was finally able to make out a figure standing next to him.  He smiled when he saw the face staring back at him but the smile quickly faded.  "You look like him, the one who broke my heart."

There was a moment of silence.

"I'm sorry," said the figure.

Woohyun laughed.  "Why are you apologising?"

"You're drunk.  Let me take you home," said the figure as he helped Woohyun up.  "Where do you live?"

Woohyun thought for a brief moment.  "In a house," he replied with a smile before passing out in the figure's arms.


The driver in the black car, watched as the man emerged from the club with an unconscious Woohyun by his side.  He watched as the man looked up and down the deserted street as if searching for something.  Trying to catch a taxi at this hour of the night was futile.  The man sighed in disappointment before picking Woohyun up and carrying him on his back as they headed down the street.

The driver frowned in annoyance as he watched the scene unfold before him.  What a pain, he thought.


It was several hours past midnight when Woohyun awoke groggily and glanced around the unfamiliar room, wondering where he was and how he got there.  The last thing he remembered was drinking at a club.  Everything after that was a blur.  He groaned and tossed back the covers to climb out of bed but froze.  He glanced down at the clothes he was wearing and panicked.  Whose clothes were these?  He immediately climbed out of bed and frantically searched for his clothes which were nowhere to be found.  He sighed in resignation.  I have to get out of here, he thought.

As he reached for the bedroom door, it unexpectedly opened.  Woohyun gasped in shock when he saw a figure standing at the door.  He was too late.  He closed his eyes and cringed, hoping that he would wake up from this nightmare.

"You're awake?" the voice asked.

That voice, thought Woohyun.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked at the figure standing before him.  His jaw dropped at the sight that greeted him.  There stood Sunggyu with dripping wet hair and nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist.  Woohyun was lost for words.  After their last meeting, he thought that everything was over.  He had been rejected so how did things turn out like this?

"Did you...do this to me?" Woohyun asked indicating to his current state.

Sunggyu nodded.

Woohyun's eyes widened in disbelief while he clenched his fists in anger.  Without warning, he punched Sunggyu across the face, causing the older man to stumble back in surprise.  Liking the man was one thing, but being taken advantage of was another story.

"You're a horrible man.  I never want to see your face again!" Woohyun declared in anger before rushing out the door.


Woohyun exited the apartment building and made his way down the empty street.  It wasn't long before a car pulled up beside him.  He frowned until the driver's window rolled down.

"Get in," said the driver.

Woohyun was not in the mood to argue so he reluctantly opened the passenger door and got in, surprising the driver.  "Isn't it your job to watch over me?" he asked angrily.

"I did watch," the driver replied, stoically.  "I watched him carry you on his back and I watched you shower him with your vomit because a brat like you couldn't keep his liquor down."  He paused and gave a quick glance at Woohyun, noticing the clean clothes he was wearing.  "I see he even cleaned you up."

Woohyun's eyes widened in surprise upon hearing the driver's words.  Only then did it dawned on him that he had made a terrible mistake.