Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 18

Daddy And The Gangster

Sungyeol could only stare at Myungsoo in disbelief at his gun in Myungsoo's hands.  The gun which he had hidden in the glovebox.  He stood still as the bullet headed straight for him.  The one person whom he thought he could trust still betrayed him in the end.  He let out a disappointed sigh, only to be caught by surprise when the bullet flew past him.

Sungyeol turned his head and saw a man on the ground with a bullet wound to his chest.  For a brief moment, his trust in Myungsoo had wavered.  He looked back at Myungsoo and finally noticed Myungsoo's trembling hands clutching the gun.  He also noticed the men turning their attention at Myungsoo.  The moment Myungsoo held up that weapon, he had made himself a target.

Seeing the men charge at him with their weapons raised, Myungsoo fired several more shots, hitting several of his attackers until the bullets ran out.  He gasped and took a step back as they surrounded him.

"Myungsoo!" Sungyeol shouted.

Desperate to reach Myungsoo, Sungyeol picked up a machete beside a fallen body on the ground and rushed over to him.  Slashing left and right, he struck down those who got in his way.  When he saw a machete lowered at Myungsoo, Sungyeol pulled him into his arms and covered for him.  He was prepared to take the damage with his body to protect Myungsoo but the sound of gunshots caught him by surprise.

Several of the men fell to the ground with bullet wounds to their heads.  Sungyeol looked up and saw a familiar figure approaching their while firing shots at the enemy.

"Go," said the figure.  "I'll take care of them."

It was only when Myungsoo heard the familiar voice did he raise his head to look at the figure standing before them.  There stood the young man with a gun in his hand, firing with such precision and accuracy that each shot killed its victim instantly.  He gave off gave a dangerous aura, far from the playful young man that he knew.  Myungsoo could not believe his eyes.  He watched as the young man shot down victim after victim until his bullets finally ran out.

The young man sighed in disappointment.  He put his empty gun away and reached down to pick up a machete from the ground.  He looked at the few remaining men and charged towards them.  Just like his shooting skills, his combat skills were no less.  He was no amateur.

Myungsoo was too shocked to move.  He remained standing there as he watched the young man take down the group of men.  Sungyeol did not seem the least bit surprised while he remained standing beside Myungsoo as the rain continued to fall.

When the last man fell, the young man tossed the blood stained machete aside and turned around, surprised to find the pair Myungsoo and Sungyeol still standing there.  He sighed when he saw the shocked expression on Myungsoo's face.  It wasn't his intention to reveal himself but it was an emergency and he had no choice but to intervene.

Myungsoo asked as he looked at Sungyeol then at the young man.  Who were these people who could kill so easily?  Whey were they being targetted?  "Who are you people?  What's going on?"

Sungyeol opened the car door and urged Myungsoo inside.  "Please get in or you'll get sick."

Myungsoo was troubled and hesitant to get in.  With no other choice, Sungyeol pulled out his badge and showed it to him.

Myungsoo looked at him in surprise.  He had always thought that the tall man who was always in a suit was some kind of gang leader.  "You're a policeman?"

Sungyeol nodded then glanced at the young man.  "And he's my bodyguard."