Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 13

Daddy And The Gangster

Sunggyu glanced at his watch and frowned with concern.  Woohyun had said that he would call him to let him know once he had arrived home but it was getting late and he had not heard from the boy.  Sunggyu could not help but worry.  Perhaps he should have driven them home after all.  If anything were to happen to them, it would be his fault.

Finally, Sunggyu took out his phone and dialled.  In the silence of the night, he heard th sound of a phone ringing outside his front door.  He was surprised but did not waste a second to rush to the door.


Woohyun jolted in shock when he heard his phone ringing.  As he frantically searched his pockets for his phone, the front door opened.  The moment he saw Sunggyu, he quickly turned to walk away, not wanting the older man to see him in such a state but before he could escape, Sunggyu grabbed his arm to stop him.

As he held Woohyun's arm, Sunggyu felt something wet.  When he looked down at his grip, he saw blood trickling down Woohyun's arm.

"Woohyun, you're bleeding!" Sunggyu exclaimed with shock and concern.  "Are you alright?  What happened?  Where's Aji?"

"He's fine.  I took him home to his parents," said Woohyun.  "And this..."  He paused to glance at his arm.  "It's fine.  It's just a scratch."

Sunggyu frowned.  There was too much blood for it be to just a scratch.  "Come on, I'll take you to the hospital.  We need to get it treated."

Woohyun refused to go.  "No, I'm fine.  I don't want to go to the hospital."

Sunggyu contemplated a moment.  "Come inside then."

They made their way onto Sunggyu's bedroom to avoid waking Haji up.  Woohyun sat on the bed while Sunggyu brought out the first aid kit.  When he rolled up Woohyun's sleeve, he saw a deep gash on his arm.

"Does it hurt?" Sunggyu asked as he carefully tended to Woohyun's wound.

Woohyun shook his head.

"What happened?"

"I..." Woohyun was hesitant.  "I was robbed."

Sunggyu shook his head and sighed.  "That's why I should have driven you home."

Woohyun managed a brief smile, relieved that Sunggyu had believed him so easily.  "I don't want to go home.  Can I stay the night?"

Looking at the puppy dog eyes pleading with him, Sunggyu couldn't say no.


Woohyun opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling of the darkened room.  He couldn't sleep.  "Sunggyu," he called out softly, almost in a whisper.  "Are you asleep?"

Silence.

He turned his head to the side and and saw that Sunggyu was fast asleep.  Even when sleeping, the older man had a frown on his face.  Woohyun propped himself up on his elbow and leaned over Sunggyu's sleeping form.

"What are you dreaming about?" Woohyun asked as he hesitantly reached out to touch Sunggyu's furrowed brows.

Despite Woohyun's meddling, Sunggyu did not wake up.  A smile appeared on Woohyun's face as a thought came to his mind.  He slowly leaned down until his lips touched Sunggyu's.  The moment their lips touched, Sunggyu's eyes slowly opened.  Woohyun was surprised to see the older man staring at him but did not back away.

"I love you," Woohyun whispered before closing in on Sunggyu's lips once again.  He smiled when he felt Sunggyu's arms wrapped around his body and pulled him down.

"I love you too."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

The question is, did they or didn't they?