Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 10

Daddy And The Gangster

Dongwoo didn't think much of it when Woohyun didn't turn up the next morning to school.  He figured that Woohyun was just running late.

Minutes later, the teacher walked in the door and began taking the roll call.  He called out Woohyun's name but was met with silence.  He glanced up and saw Woohyun's empty seat.

"Dongwoo, where's your friend?" Mr Lee asked.

Dongwoo shrugged.  "No idea.  Maybe he slept in."

Mr Lee sighed before marking Woohyun's name as absent.  Just as he did, Woohyun came rushing through the door, gasping for breath as if he'd been running.  The top two buttons of his shirt were undone, his tie was hanging loosely around his neck and his hair looked like it hadn't been brushed.

"Sorry, I'm late," said Woohyun cheekily.  "Slept in."

Mr Lee was unimpressed as Woohyun quickly walked to his desk.

"Where did you go last night?" Dongwoo whispered when Woohyun sat down in his seat.  "You hanging out with us tonight?"

"Can't," Woohyun replied.  "Gotta pick up the kid."


The black luxury car pulled up outside the daycare centre.  He sat in the car and waited until all the parents had picked up their children.  He grabbed the bouquet of red roses from the passenger seat and smiled with satisfaction before making his way towards the entrance.  Just as he took a stepped inside, he was met with Woohyun and Ahi exiting the place with Sunggyu and Haji.  He quickly hid the bouquet of roses behind his back.

Woohyun jolted in surprise to see his brother.  "Sungyeol, what are you doing here?  I thought I told you I was picking up Ahi."

"I'm not here to pick up Ahi," Sungyeol replied as he glanced past Woohyun.

Woohyun turned his head, wondering who his brother was looking at until he saw the young man standing there.  He then turned back to face his brother with an amused look.  "So the reason you willingly agreed to come pick up Ahi is because of him?"

Sungyeol simply smiled and adjusted his tie with one hand.

"What's the old man going to think when he finds out?" Woohyun asked slyly.

Sungyeol glanced at Sunggyu then at Woohyun before crouching down in front of Ahi.  "Tell me Ahi, where is Woohyun taking you to today?"

"We're going to the park to play with Haji and then we're going to the supermarket and then we're going to Haji's house for dinner," the child replied proudly.

Sungyeol gently patted Ahi's head before standing up to face Woohyun.  He raised his eyebrows questioningly at Woohyun.  He didn't have to say a word but Woohyun knew what he wanted to say.

"None of your business," said Woohyun before walking out with Sunggyu and the two boys.

Realising that he was being the third wheel, Sungjong grabbed his bag and headed for the door.  "I'll take my leave too," he said as he rushed out the door, leaving the two people alone.

Sungyeol approached the young man and handed him the bouquet of red roses.  "Happy Birthday, my dear Myungsoo!"

The young man seemed surprised.  "How did you know it was my birthday today?"

Sungyeol smiled.  "Sungjong told me," he replied.  "I've made a reservation at Crystal Tower.  Shall we?"

Crystal Tower?  thought Myungsoo.  The infamous five star fine dining restaurant with a waiting list.  Though he had never been to it, he knew it was not a place for an average person like him.  "I'm sorry, but I'll have to decline," said Myungsoo.  "I'm afraid that place is out of my league.  I don't think-"

"Alright, where would you like to go?" Sungyeol interjected before Myungsoo could even finish.


Sungyeol found himself sitting at table on a street in front of a noodle stall.  Dressed in a black three piece suit, he stood out like a sore thumb.

"We don't have to eat here," said Myungsoo, thinking how awkward it must be for Sungyeol.

"Do you come here often?" Sungyeol asked.

Myungsoo nodded.  "The food here is great and it's cheap."

Sungyeol smiled.  "Alright," he said as he took off his suit jacket and rolled up his sleeves.  "If you say it's good then I definitely must try it."

Just as a waiter brought out their food, a group of rough looking men approached the place.  They shoved the waiter out of their way, causing him to drop the two bowls of noodles in his hands.  The bowls smashed to the ground along with the noodles.  The owner quickly came out and was immediately grabbed by one of the men. 

"Where's my money?" the man demanded.

"Please give me a few more days," begged the owner.

"A few more days?" the man scoffed.

The rest of the men held out the poles and bats in their hands and began smashing everything, causing the customers to flee in fear.  Sungyeol remained seated in silence.  He did not want this night to be ruined.  He tried so hard to remain calm but he lost it when he saw the frightened look on Myungsoo's face.  Sungyeol slammed his hand on the table and stood up in anger.

"Hey, you're interrupting our date," Sungyeol stated, much to Myungsoo's surprise.

The group of men turned their attention on Sungyeol.  "Date?" the men laughed as one of them reached towards Myungsoo.  "Is this your date?"

Before the man could even touch Myungsoo, Sungyeol grabbed the man's arm and smirked.

Then came the sound of bones crushing.