Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 7

Daddy And The Gangster

Woohyun was taken aback by the older man's response.  "Waiting for me?" he asked.  A pang of guilt shot through him when he realised that he was the reason why Sunggyu was sitting out here.  "Why would you?" Woohyun asked, feigning ignorance.

Sunggyu's face was a mask of concern as he stood up and looked at the bruises on Woohyun's face.  "I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Woohyun frowned.  "Did she tell you?"

Sunggyu nodded.

Of course she would, thought Woohyun to himself.  After discovering that the woman and Sunggyu were neighbours, he realised that he was such an idiot for jumping to conclusions.

While lost in thought, Woohyun was startled by a soft touch on the side of his face.  It took him a second longer to overcome the initial shock and realise that it was Sunggyu's hand.

"Does it hurt?" Sunggyu asked with a solemn expression.

Woohyun froze at the older man's gentle touch but his heart was palpitating wildly.  It felt like his heart was about to jump out from his chest.  It was the same feeling as when they first met.  Why?  Why was this man making him feel emotions he had never felt before?

"It hurts," Woohyun finally replied while clutching at his chest.

His words caused Sunggyu to panic.  "Where does it hurt?"

Woohyun grabbed Sunggyu's hand that was touching his face and lowered it towards his chest.  "Here," said Woohyun.  "It hurts here."

Sunggyu glanced down at his hand which was placed over Woohyun's chest.  He could Woohyun's heart beating rapidly against the palm of his hand.  He was at a lost and did not know how to react.

"Ever since the first time we met, I haven't been able to stop thinking about you," Woohyun declared in frustration.  "I..."

Unable to contain his emotions any longer, Woohyun leaned forward and pressed his lips against Sunggyu's.  Woohyun had expected for Sunggyu to react in anger or even disgust.  Who wouldn't if they were suddenly kissed by a stranger against their will?  However, Sunggyu did no such thing, or rather, Sunggyu had no reaction.  Woohyun figured that he was probably too shocked to even react.

It was only then that Woohyun pulled away from the kiss and took a step back.  His head was lowered and he kept his eyes on the ground, too afraid and ashamed to look the older man in the eyes.  He was prepared for Sunggyu to yell at him, swear at him or even beat him up.  He let out a resigned sigh as he stood and waited.

Silence.

Unable to stand the silence any longer, Woohyun slowly raised his head to look at Sunggyu.  There was a troubled look on Sunggyu's face.  Why was Sunggyu looking at him with such an expression?  It would have been better if Sunggyu took his anger out on him instead.

"Why...why aren't you saying anything?" Woohyun asked softly.

Sunggyu looked at him for a moment longer before slowly closing his eyes.

Woohyun took that as a sign that Sunggyu did not want to see him.  He bit his lip to hold back the tears.  Knowing that the one he liked, didn't like him hurt a great deal.  It was unbearable.  "I'm sorry," he said.  "I won't appear before you again."

With those words, Woohyun slowly turned and walked away as his heart shattered into a thousand pieces.

Just like that, his first love ended before it even began.