Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 3

Daddy And The Gangster

In the busy night club, the group of boys were busy on the dance floor with a group of girls they had just met.  One of the boys glanced at the bar and saw the lone figure sitting there with several empty shot glasses in front of the him.  He sighed and made his way over to the bar.

Woohyun was about to gulp down another shot when he noticed the boy sitting down on the stool beside him.

"Hey, what's wrong?" his friend asked.  "You seem a little down today."

Woohyun gulped down the shot then glanced at his friend.  "Never thought you'd leave a group of girls to sit here with me."

"Of course, you're my friend," said his friend with a smile.  "Now, tell me what's wrong."

Woohyun was quiet for a moment.  "I think there's something wrong with me."

His friend gasped in shock.  "Is it serious?"

Woohyun frowned in confusion as he looked at the overly concerned expression on his friend's face.  "I don't know."

"What did the doctors say?"

"Nothing."

"Don't tell me you haven't been to the doctors?  What if it's life threatening?"

"It's not."

His friend let out a sigh of relief.  "Thank God.  So, are you going to tell me what's wrong with you or am I going to have to sit here and make wild assumptions?"

Woohyun contemplated a moment as he looked at his friend.  "I-" he began before he was abruptly cut off.

"Oh !" exclaimed his friend.

The next thing Woohyun knew, he was dragged away from the bar and onto the dance floor amongst the crowd.

"Dongwoo, what are you doing?" Woohyun asked.  "I'm not in the mood to dance."

"Look who's here," his friend replied, nodding towards the bar.

Woohyun looked and saw a man taking a seat next to where they had been moments before.  He frowned when he recognised their new homeroom teacher.

"It's Mr Lee," said Dongwoo  "If he sees us here and reports it back to the school, we'll be in trouble.  Come on, let's get the guys and get out of here."


They group of boys managed to slip out of the club without getting caught by their teacher.  While they loitered outside at the front of the club, deciding where they should go next, Woohyun's eyes caught sight of a couple walking on the other side of the street.  The scantily dressed woman was hanging onto the arm of a man in a business suit.  He thought the woman looked familiar until he realised that she was the same woman from the park but the man was a stranger.  He watched as they entered a hotel.


It was the early hours of the morning the time Woohyun arrived home from the club.  Living by himself, he didn't have to worry about waking anyone up.  without switching on the light, he managed to stumble his way through the small apartment to his bedroom.  His head was hurting.  Maybe Dongwoo was right.  Maybe he shouldn't have drank so much.  He flopped down onto the bed and closed his eyes, just wanting to sleep.

Moments later, he opened his eyes as if he had just remembered something and quickly fumbled his pockets for his phone.  When he managed to locate his phone, he dialled a number and closed his eyes, waiting for someone to answer.

"Woohyun, what are you doing still up at this hour?" asked the voice on the other line.  "You have school tomorrow.  You should be asleep."

"I am but I just remembered something," Woohyun replied sleepily.

"What is it?"

"I'll pick up Ahi tomorrow for you."

"That's a first," said the voice.  "You always say that he gets on your nerves.  Why the change all of a sudden?"

Woohyun opened his eyes and thought for a moment.  "I just want to spend some time with him, that's all."

"Right."

"You should be thanking me," Woohyun added.  "I'm doing you a favour."

"You're actually not, but I will take you up on your offer."

"Also," Woohyun continued.  "Please tell the old man to leave me alone."

"You know that's not going to happen."