Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 11

Daddy And The Gangster

The man screamed out in agonising pain while holding onto his broken arm.  The rest of the men advanced on Sungyeol but they came to a sudden halt when they heard the police sirens approaching.

"We'll get you next time," the men warned before escaping from the scene.

Sungyeol hardly seemed threatened as he ignored them and went to check on Myungsoo.  "Are you alright?"

Myungsoo nodded, startled and shocked from witnessing what had just happened.  He had always thought Sungyeol was a gentlemen.  He never imagined that Sungyeol could be so violent.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," Sungyeol apologised.  "Some people just need to be taught a lesson."  He handed the owner a bundle of cash to pay for the damages then proceeded to lead Myungsoo away just as the police arrived.

"Shouldn't we wait for the police to take our statements?" Myungsoo asked, thinking that it was wrong to leave the scene since they were involved.

"I want to enjoy the rest of my date with you," Sungyeol replied as he dragged him away.


After a fun afternoon at the park, a short stop at the supermarket, they finally arrived back at Sunggyu's apartment.  While the two children played in the living room, Sunggyu headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner.  He had asked Woohyun to keep an eye on the boys but Woohyun would rather keep an eye on Sunggyu.

"Let me help," Woohyun insisted when he saw Sunggyu chopping up the vegetables.

"You've said you've never cooked before," said Sunggyu.

Woohyun took the knife from Sunggyu's hand and smirked.  "You can always teach me."

Sunggyu smiled when he finally got the hint.  "Alright, I'll teach you."

Sunggyu stood behind Woohyun and clasped his hand over Woohyun's hand which was holding onto the knife and proceeded to guide Woohyun on how to chop up vegetables.  Feeling Sunggyu's chest against his back as the older man stood leaning over his shoulder, Woohyun could hardly concentrate on chopping the vegetable in front of him.

Unable to resist the temptation any longer, Woohyun turned his head to the side, wanting to look at Sunggyu's face.  Coincidentally, Sunggyu also turned his head at the same time.  Their faces met inches from each other.  The chopping came to a stop.  There was silence as they stood staring into each other's eyes.

Woohyun was the first to give in.  He leaned in and closed the gap between them as their lips met in a kiss.  It seemed Sunggyu was tempted too as he reached up and held Woohyun's chin, kissing Woohyun in a slow and gentle kiss.  That slow and gentle kiss lasted a moment before Woohyun felt Sunggyu's arms around him, pulling him in closer.  They closed their eyes to block the rest of the world, letting themselves be swept away in the heat of the moment.

"Daddy, I'm hungry, is dinner ready yet?" a voice called out.

Their eyes jolted open as they were brought back to reality.  Sunggyu slowly retracted which were wrapped around Woohyun's body and took a step back, creating distance between them.  Woohyun frowned in disappointment and looked at who had interrupted them.  Who else could it be but his nemesis?


As much as Woohyun wanted to for the night, he regrettably had to take Ahi home after dinner.

"Let me drive you home," Sunggyu insisted.  "I can't have you two boys walking home like this."

Woohyun smiled but declined the offer.  "It's okay, someone's going to pick us up.  Besides, you need to stay and look after Haji, right?  I wouldn't leave that troublemaker alone."

Haji frowned upon hearing Woohyun mentioning his name.  "I'm not a troublemaker!"

Woohyun smirked at the child, teasingly before leaning in to whisper in Sunggyu's ear.  "Next time, I'm definitely staying over."


Woohyun and Ahi exited Sunggyu's apartment building and headed down the street.  It wasn't long before a black car pulled up beside them.

"Our ride's here," said Woohyun as they got into the back seat.


The car pulled up in front of the gates of a large mansion, guarded by two men in black suits.  The gates opened for them to pass through.  They drove up the path and stopped outside the steps leading up to the entrance to the mansion.  Woohyun and Ahi got out of the car and approached the front doors where they were greeted by a butler.  The moment they stepped inside, an old man stood waiting.

"Grandfather," Woohyun greeted him, reluctantly.

Ahi ran excitedly towards the old man.  "Daddy!"