Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 20

Daddy And The Gangster

"You know this is a trap," Sungjong stated as he drove along the deserted road.

"I know," Sungyeol replied, nonchalantly.  "Getting an anonymous phone call luring me out here is highly suspicious, wouldn't you say?"

"Why did you lie to Woohyun?" Sungjong asked, his eyes surveying the dark road ahead.  "He's going to find out when he gets there."

"The hospital is heavily guarded.  He's safer there since he's refused to have extra guards," Sungyeol explained.  "We're dealing with a dangerous enemy.  They've managed to kill my parents, my grandfather and now it seems it's my turn.  They hold a grudge against our family and won't stop until we're all dead.  I won't let that happen that's why we're going to end things now."

The car pulled up outside an abandoned building.  Sungyeol and Sungjong stepped out.  They surveyed the surroundings.  It was quiet.  There was no one else around.  Or so it seemed until a group of men emerged from the shadows, brandishing weapons.  They had the two men surrounded.  They were vastly outnumbered.

"There's no end to them," Sungjong remarked as he pulled out his gun.

"Shows how easily loyalty can be bought with money," Sungyeol replied, pulling out his gun.

They aimed their guns and fired as their attackers charged at them.  They struck down as many as they could before their bullets eventually ran out.  Thinking that they had the upper hand, the attackers advanced on the pair only to be caught by surprise when Sungyeol and Sungjong pulled out the swords from their car.  Even if the odds were against them, the two men were able to knock down their enemies until none stood standing.

Sungyeol and Sungjong finally stopped to take a breather.  After all, having to deal with this many enemies would exhaust even the strongest fighters.  It was then that they were caught off guard.  A flash of steel shimmered under the moonlight.

"Watch out!" Sungjong shouted as he pushed Sungyeol aside.

Sungyeol looked back but it was too late.  "Sungjong!"

The blade entered Sungjong's stomach and protruded from his back before he even had a chance to react.  The figure pulled out his sword from Sungjong's body and shook off the blood staining his blade.  Sungyeol rushed over to Sungjong as the younger man fell to the ground but his path was blocked by the figure in a black mask with the sword in his hand.

Without a word, the masked figure attacked Sungyeol, slashing left and right.  Sungyeol held out his sword to block the otherwise fatal blows yet even so, he could not avoid a slash on his arm.  All those other enemies that he had faced before, none could compare this person before him.  While the others fought with brute force, the masked figure was on a different level.  A dangerous aura emitted from his enemy.  Sungyeol knew he was dealing with a experience professional, one who was so used to killing.

Sungyeol did not have time to breathe as the onslaught of attacks continued.  With a mighty swing of his sword, the masked figure brought his blade down, opening a deep gash across Sungyeo's chest.  Sungyeol stumbled a few steps back but his attacker did not stop.  The masked figure lunged forward, plunging his sword into Sungyeol's body.  Sungyeol, wrapped his hands around the blade and gripped it tight, not wanting to let the attacker pull away.

"You're a hired killer," said Sungyeol as blood ran down the side of his mouth.  "Who sent you?"

"The leader of the Ryuzo clan," his attacker replied before pulling his sword out from Sungyeol's body as Sungyeol fell to the ground.