Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 19

Daddy And The Gangster

When they arrived back at Myungsoo's apartment, Sungyeol disappeared into the kitchen leaving Myungsoo to sit and wait on the sofa in the living room.  Myungsoo waited quietly while glancing at the young man standing by the door, looking every part, a bodyguard, unlike the young man that he thought he knew.

"Can I ask, if you're Sungyeol's bodyguard, then why were you working at the daycare centre?" Myungsoo asked, trying to understand the situation.  "Shouldn't you be with him?"

Sungjong smiled at him.  "It seems he thinks that your life is more important than his own.  He wanted me to guard you and Ahi during the day."

Myungsoo was surprised to hear that Sungyeol sent his own bodyguard to protect him instead.  "Are you with him at night then?"

"Of course," Sungjong replied.

"Then that night at the street food stall, were you with him too?" Myungsoo asked.  "Why didn't you do something when those men caused a scene?"

"He didn't need my help but I did do something," Sungjong replied with a cheeky smile.  "Why do you think the police came so conveniently?"

Myungsoo did wonder how the police knew to come at the time.  Then, he blushed with embarrassment when he remembered something from that night.  "Were you guarding him the whole night?"

"Which night?" Sungjong asked with amusement.  "You mean the night he stayed here and made me wait downstairs in the car until morning while you two were having a good time?"

He knows, thought Myungsoo, blushing a darker shade, wishing that a hole would open up and swallow him whole.

The awkward atmosphere was interrupted when Sungyeol emerged from the kitchen with a cup in his hand.  "Drink this," he said, handing the cup to Myungsoo.  "A nice warm cup of lemon tea helps with colds and fevers."

"Thank you," said Myungsoo as he took the cup and drank it.

Sungyeol was just about to sit down beside him when his phone rang.  He looked at the name of the caller and answered it.  After a brief chat, the call ended.  "It was the hospital," Sungyeol informed him.  "I have to go."

Myungsoo nodded understandingly.

"Sungjong, stay here," Sungyeol ordered.

"No," Myungsoo protested.  "Those people are after you, aren't they?  It's better that Sungjong be with you.  He's your bodyguard, he should be protecting you.  I'll be fine."


After tucking Haji into bed, Woohyun returned to the bedroom where Sunggyu waited patiently.  "Haji's sleeping," he informed the older man.  "I think he's starting to like me."

Sunggyu smiled surprised to hear that Woohyun was able to put Haji to sleep.  "I'm glad."

Woohyun sat down on the edge of the bed and handed Sunggyu two tablets and a glass of water.  "It's time to take your medicine."

Like an obedient patient, Sunggyu took the tablets and swallowed it down with the glass of water.

"Now, be a good patient and go to sleep," Woohyun ordered. He ushered Sunggyu to lie back down on the bed and pulled up the covers.  As he got up to leave, Sunggyu reached out and grabbed his hand.

"Don't go," said Sunggyu.

Woohyun sat back down.  "I'm not going anywhere," he assured Sunggyu.

"Stay with me," Sunggyu murmured as he became drowsy.

Woohyun sat in silence until Sunggyu finally fell asleep.


The rain had finally stopped when Woohyun exited the apartment building and walked up the street to a waiting car.  He opened the passenger door and got in.  The driver was a little surprised to see him.

"I thought you'd be staying the night here," the driver remarked.

"Sungyeol rang and said the hospital called," Woohyun informed him.  "He wants us to go keep an eye on Ahi.  Said he had some business to attend to."


Dongwoo and the boys were loitering outside a club when he noticed a car driving by.  "Woohyun?" he thought when he caught sight of the passenger but what surprised him more was when he saw the face of the driver.  "What's he doing with Mr Lee?"