Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 17

Daddy And The Gangster

It was still raining hard.  He had hoped that the rain would let up by the time he finished cleaning up the place but the rain had not eased up at all.  How was he going to walk home in this weather?  He let out a sigh until he heard a knock at the front door.

The front door to the daycare centre opened and there stood Sungyeol under the rain with a black umbrella in his hand.  "Miss me?"

Myungsoo seemed surprised to see him.  It had been a week since he had seen Sungyeol or Ahi.  "What are you doing here?  How's Ahi?"

Sungyeol gave him an reassuring smile.  "He's recovering," Sungyeol replied.  He had told Myungsoo that Ahi was sick to explain the child's absence from daycare.  "Where's Sungjong?" Sungyeol asked, glancing around the place.  "What are you still doing here by yourself at this time of the night?"

"I told him to go home first.  Can't expect him to do over time,"  Myungsoo replied.   "I'll head home as soon as the rain stops."

"The rain's not going to stop anytime soon," said Sungyeol.  "Come on, let me drive you home."

Myungsoo locked up the place and walked under the same umbrella with Sungyeol as they made their way to his car which was parked out at the front.  Like the perfect gentleman, Sungyeol opened the passenger door for Myungsoo.  Just as Myungsoo was about to get in, the heard loud screeching of tyres as a group of cars surrounded them.  Armed men got of the cars and approached the pair. 

Sungyeol knew trouble when he saw them.  He pushed Myungsoo inside the car and closed the door after him.  "Stay there," he told Myungsoo before he turned to face the men.  He closed the umbrella and used the long object as a weapon against the machetes.

Myungsoo sat and watched with concern from inside the car as Sungyeol fought against his attackers with the umbrella in his hand.  Sungyeol was good.  Myungsoo knew this.  He had witnessed it once already.  He knew what Sungyeol was capable of.  If the object had been a sword, there would have been casualties but the umbrella only wounded his attackers, not kill them.

Despite being outnumbered, Sungyeol refused to go down.  He wondered how much longer he could keep this up until he eyes caught sight of Myungsoo stepping out of the car.  He had clearly told Myungsoo to stay put.

"Myungsoo, what are you-"  Sungyeol's words came to an abrupt halt when he saw the object in Myungsoo's hand.

Myungsoo raised the gun in his hand and aimed it at Sungyeol and pulled the trigger.


Sunggyu saw the troubled look on Woohyun's face.  "Woohyun, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to."

Woohyun shook his head and looked at him with a determined look.  "I have to tell you," he insisted.  "The reason I've been avoiding you is because I was afraid that you would be in danger if you were seen with me.  My family is a target of revenge.  The truth is, my grandfather was the Commissioner General and he was murdered."