Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 12

Daddy And The Gangster

After embracing the old man, Ahi glanced towards towards the winding staircase where a young woman in her early thirties was walking down.  "Mummy!" he exclaimed as he ran over to hug her.

"Well, your son's back, safe and sound," said Woohyun, glancing away from the scene.  "I'm off."  He turned and headed for the door.

The old man frowned.  "Why must you be so rebellious?"

Woohyun stopped but did not turn around to face him.  He waited in silence for the old man to finish.  After all, he was his grandfather.  He had to show some respect.

"How long do you intend to stay out there?" the old man continued.  "Do you not realise the situation?"

"I can take care of myself," Woohyun replied.  "Also, please call off your guard dog.  I'm not Ahi."

Woohyun exited the mansion and saw the driver waiting beside the car.  "I don't need you to take me home," he said to the driver and walked off.

The driver did not object but turned to look at the old man standing at the door.  The driver stood, awaiting orders.  After all, the one he had to answer to was not Woohyun.

The old man sighed as he watched Woohyun's disappearing figure in the distance before casting his eyes on the driver.


Woohyun briskly walked along the deserted streets, relieved that he could not sense anyone tailing him.  Having someone watch his every move made him feel uncomfortable and he hated it.  He glanced at his watch.  It was still early.  He wondered if Sunggyu would mind if he dropped by.  This time, there would be no Ahi to stop him from staying the night.

When he turned off the main street and into an alley, he was met with a group of rough looking men.  They were loud and rowdy and appeared to be drunk as they waved about the empty bottles in their hands.  Woohyun sighed and carefully made his way through the group.

Before he knew it, he found himself surrounded.  What he thought was a group of drunken men turned out to be his attackers.  They pulled out machetes hidden behind the bins in the alley and advanced on him.

Rather than panic like any normal teenager when faced with a group of armed men, Woohyun seemed frustrated.  Woohyun was able to evade the lethal blades as the men took several swings at him in an attempt to strike him down.  The wave of attacks continued without allowing him a chance to breathe.  He was outnumbered and unarmed and could only hold out for so long.

In a decisive move, he knocked one of the men, knocking him down before snatching the man's machete.  With the weapon in his hand, he could finally return the favour.  That was, until another group of armed men arrived, adding to the number of his attackers.

The horde of men, now even stronger in number rushed at him.  The machete he was holding was knocked out of his hand.  When all seemed bleak, he heard the sound of a motorbike approaching.  The rider held out a sword and struck down anyone he came in contact with as he tore through the crowd to get to Woohyun.

"Aren't you glad he sent me?" the rider asked.

Though Woohyun could not see through the helmet, he knew that the rider was smirking at him.

"Go!" said the rider, holding out his sword to block anyone attempting to stop him.

Woohyun hesitated a moment as he looked at the large group of men.  "You're outnumbered."

The rider glanced at him.  "Guns in this residential area will attract attention so I'm going to have to do some manual labour.  Now go!"

Woohyun walked away as he heard the sounds of metals clashing.


Before he knew it, Woohyun found himself at Sunggyu's door.  He raised his hand about to knock on the door until he saw blood trickling down his arm.  He didn't even realise he had been wounded.  He couldn't let Sunggyu see him like this.