Daddy And The Gangster - Chapter 4

Daddy And The Gangster

When the final bell rang at the end of the day, Woohyun quickly grabbed his schoolbag and rushed out the door, leaving his friends to watch on with confusion.

"What's his rush?" one of the boys asked.

Dongwoo shrugged casually.  "Said he had to pick up the kid but he's never been that eager before."


Woohyun hurried to the daycare centre just in time to see the man walk out with Haji.  The man nodded in acknowledgement and smiled briefly as they passed bfore heading with the the little boy, leaving Woohyun to watch on.

"Daddy, I want to play on the swings," he heard Haji say.

"We can go to the park after we've been to the supermarket," said the man.

Upon hearing this, Woohyun glanced around the place, until he found Ahi busy playing with one of the young man working there.

"Ahi, want to go to the park?" Woohyun called out.


The moment they arrived at the park, Ahi ran for the swings.  Woohyun trudded after him while searching the place but he did not see what he was looking for.

"Woohyun, come push me!" Ahi demanded while sitting on the swing.

Woohyun sighed.

After pushing Ahi on the swings for what seemed like eternity, Woohyun glanced at his watch and sighed.

"I'm tired," Woohyun complained. "Why don't you go play on the slide or something?  I need a break."

Ahi pouted for a brief moment before running over to the slide.  Woohyun walked over to the nearest bench and threw his schoolbag on the ground.  He let out a deep sigh before sitting down.  He was getting restless and not having enough sleep last night, did not help.  He wondered how much longer he had to wait.  He just wanted to curl up and sleep.  He glanced over at Ahi who seemed like and energised bunny, climbing up the stairs and sliding down the slide then repeating the process over and over.  Why are children so energetic?

His eyes grew heavy.  He thought he would just rest them for a brief moment.

He did not know when he fell asleep of for how long but in his state of half consciousness, he could hear children laughing.  Perhaps Ahi had found a friend to play with, after all, they were in a public park.  He started to drift back to sleep until he realised that his head was leaning against something soft yet firm.  He was sure the bench was made of wood and wood was not this comfortable to lie on.  What was he lying on?

He slowly opened his eyes and caught a glimpse of a face looking down at him with a smile.  I must be dreaming, he thought as he closed his eyes again.

No sooner had he done so, his eyes shot open as he stared up at the man.  It took him a moment to realise that he was lying on the man's lap as the man sat on the bench.  How did this happen?  He was frozen in shock, not sure what to do.

"Did you have a good sleep?" the man asked with a smile.

"I...um...you..wh..." Woohyun was lost for words.

The man seemed amused at Woohyun's reaction.  "I found you fast asleep."

Woohyun's face grew red with embarrassment at the thought of him falling sleep and someone ending up on the man's lap.  "I'm sorry.  Why didn't you wake me?"

The man smiled.  "You were sleeping so soundly, I didn't want to disturb you."

Woohyun looked up at the man's smiling face.  He wished that this moment would last forever.

"How long are you going to lie there on my daddy's lap?"