Scripted

Bleeding Sapphire Blue

 

No One's POV

 

"...did myself one last favor and pretended those words had been true."  Donghae closed the script quietly, looking up to glance at his fellow members. The room was silent.  All anyone could hear was the sound of each other's breathing.

"I don't think," Yesung began, trying to hide that wetness that began to gather around his eyes, "I've ever read anything that depressing.  Lee Soo Man seriously wants us to act this out?"

"The old man has officially gone insane," Heechul scoffed, leaning back in his chair and stretching.  "I'll admit, the plot was good.  But we're not actors.  And what kind of ending was that?!  I was expecting something a little more...I don't know.  Resolved?  He can't just give us a story like this and expect us to film the drama right after reading it."

"You're one to talk," Eunhyuk muttered gloomily.  "What's with those scenes between me and Donghae? All you have to do is act like your normal self.  And what do I have to do?  I have to do weird stuff with Donghae..."  Donghae nodded in agreement, looking severely uncomfortable, refusing to meet Eunhyuk's gaze.

"I think it's a good idea," Ryeowook interjected happily, which earned him several cold glares from the other members.  "What?  All I have to do is act really sad, then really worried, then really shocked.  I can do that.  Easy."

"We didn't ask if you wanted to do it," Heechul said scathingly.  He picked at a spot on his arm as he shot Ryeowook an incredulous look.  "You're not even an important character."

"Like you are?" Ryeowook said.  Despite that, he resigned himself to silence as the other members pondered their options.  He didn't want to get a beating from Heechul any time soon.  It wasn't worth the pain.

"Leeteuk," Donghae addressed their leader.  "Do you think we should film this drama?  It sounds interesting, though my character has some major...issues."  He frowned and looked down at the script that remained clenched in his hand. 

Leeteuk's head was bent over, as though he were looking at the floor.

"Leeteuk," Kyuhyun spoke for the first time.  "Are you crying?"  In spite of the fact that the story had impacted him quite a bit more than the others, Kyuhyun's tone was amused.

Leeteuk cleared his throat and wiped his eyes hurriedly with the sleeve of his denim jacket. 

"No, of course not.  I was just...um, water-bending with my eyes."

The room erupted with laughter.  Siwon moved to their leader's side with a sympathetic grin on his face.  Shindong collapsed onto the ground, rolling with uncontrollable guffaws, collecting dust onto his freshly-cleaned, white shirt.  Sungmin tried to suppress his giggles as Super Junior attempted to comfort their leader.

"I haven't heard that one before," Sungmin said through his laughter.

"Sorry, I'm being stupid," Leeteuk muttered, looking up to reveal that he had indeed been crying.  "It's just...that plot, in terms of my character, is extremely accurate."

The laughter that had filled the room died instantly.

"How so?" Yesung inquired, his confused expression perfectly mirroring those of the other members.

"All that stuff in the script...about what I was telling Kyuhyun after he lost his voice...a lot of it was true.  I just hate remembering all of that.  It's too painful to think about."

"Leeteuk," Kyuhyun said, his previously mocking voice turning soft and reassuring.  "Don't blame yourself for anything that happened, okay?  It was an accident.  Nothing was your fault."

"If I had just gotten in the car after you, it would have been me sitting behind the driver's seat.  Then you wouldn't have gotten hurt."

"No, Kyuhyun's right," Eunhyuk said, attempting to lift the mood with his next words.  "It's Donghae's fault, remember?"

"Hey!  This story is completely fictional!  I had nothing to do with the accident!" 

"Calm down, Hae!  I was just kidding!  Jesus Christ..."

"Eunhyuk," Siwon warned, shooting him a reproachful look.

"Oh, sorry," Eunhyuk, Heechul, and Kyuhyun said at the same time.  "I meant Jesus ing Christ."

The trio fell to the floor, unable to suppress their amusement at the look on Siwon's face and the sheer perfection of the moment.

"That," Heechul howled through the tears that ran down his laughing face, "was my favorite part of the whole story!"

"Mine, too," Eunhyuk said, hooting in maniacal laughter.  "I applaud whoever came up with that line."

Leeteuk, in spite of himself, began to laugh with them.  Siwon soon remained the only one with any hint of a serious expression on his face.  The look in his eyes was outright murderous.

"Do you all want to die?" he threatened, eyeing each and every one of them with a malicious glare.

"Run!" Sungmin shouted, jumping up from the couch.  All the members got up and began to shout and yell, pushing each other out of the way in an attempt to reach the exit first.  The scurrying of their panicked footsteps was drowned out by their delighted screams and playful bickering.

The group disappeared down the hall, fleeing the wrath of a very angry Choi Siwon, who ran after them, yelling things about redemption and sins and the Lord's forgiveness.  Their voices and laughter could be heard from two doors down, where Onew, Jonghyun, Minho, Key, and Taemin emerged from a meeting with Lee Soo Man.

"...asked them to read a script for an upcoming drama.  I don't know if they'll agree to do it.  If they don't want to, would you all be willing to fill in?"

"Of course, sir," Onew bowed respectfully, the rest of the SHINee members following suit.  "Do we get to see the script, though?"

"Yes, yes," Lee Soo Man said, nodding animatedly.  "There should be some copies left in that room."  He gestured towards the room which Super Junior had just exited.  "Take your time reading it."

"Thank you very much," the five of them chimed in unison, bowing once again as Lee Soo Man disappeared into his office.

"I'm so excited!  Our comeback stage is so soon!"  Key rolled his eyes at Taemin's excitement.

"If it's so soon, why are we wasting our time filling in for a drama when SuJu should be the ones to do it?"

"We're doing Lee Soo Man a favor," Minho said, putting an end to the bickering between Key and Taemin.  "Just deal with it."

The five of them entered the room and collapse onto the couches.

"Is this it?" Jonghyun asked, holding up a thick packet of paper that had been left lying on the floor.

"Let me see," Key said, reaching out his hand.  Jonghyun threw the script towards Key, hitting him in the head.

"Hey!  You're messing up my hair!"  Key straightened out his blond 'do as Onew reached for the script, which had fallen onto the seat of the couch.

"Don't act like such a girl," Taemin laughed, punching Key's arm playfully.

"Guys, shut up," Onew muttered, flipping the script to the first page.  "Should we start reading this or what?"

"What," Key said under his breath while the rest of them urged Onew to start reading.

"This is in Donghae's point-of-view, by the way," Onew said, before turning his attention completely to the first chapter.

"As I sat on the bathroom floor, hiding from those unknown feelings emanating from the living room and those pair of eyes that refused to look at anything but me, my mind jumped to six years ago, when Super Junior was in the process of making its debut."

"Hold on," Minho interrupted.  "What's the drama called, again?"

Taemin picked up another stray copy and looked down at the title page.

"Bleeding Sapphire Blue."