Finished

Bleeding Sapphire Blue

 

Eunhyuk POV

 

Sungmin?  He thought I was Sungmin?

Of course he thought I was Sungmin.  If he thought I was actually Eunhyuk, he never would have thought to go that far.  If he had been in his right mind, he would have realized that I wasn't Sungmin and that he didn't care enough to do anything like that with me.  The shame; the embarrassment...it flooded through me like a disease.  The knowledge that he believed me to be someone else while I topped...it crossed the lines into the most sensitive territories of my emotions. 

Don't let him hurt you anymore.

I wasn't planning on it.  Loving Donghae, knowing that I held some sort of affection for anybody, gave me a wonderful feeling.  It lit up my insides whenever I saw him.  He exuded uality in everything he did, everything he was, and I found myself thinking about him; loving him; far too often than was healthy.

On the other hand, loving Donghae while knowing that his heart belonged to someone else, broke me.  The pain of it greatly outweighed the love I held in my hands; the love that, no matter how long I held it out for Donghae to take,  would never be compensated.

I could see it in Donghae's face - only pure disappointment.  There was no sign of an apology hidden deep within his eyes.  There was no sign of remorse for using me.  There was simply the sign of a fallen heart at knowing that I wasn't who he wanted me to be.

"I'm sorry, Donghae," I said quietly as I pulled on the clothes that had fallen to the floor.  "I'm sorry that I'm not who you want me to be.  I'm sorry that being Lee Hyukjae isn't good enough for you.  Hell, I'm sorry that you know I love you, because if you didn't, maybe you'd feel sorry for me, too.

"But, since I know that's not a possibility, I'll just go ahead and accept the apology that I'll probably never get."  Towards the end, my voice began to turn bitter; resentful.  I tried my best to hide it, but it kept slipping out.

He needs to know how much he hurt you.

No, I thought.  I've given him plenty of chances to realize what a painful impact he has on me.  There were plenty of opportunities for him to redeem himself.  I'm just not strong enough to endure anymore.

My words seemed not to impact Donghae.  They simply left my mouth and flew out the door of the motel bedroom.  I could, if necessary, live with that.

I my heel and walked out, leaving Donghae tangled in the bed sheets.

That moment with him...I had fantasized about it too many times to count.  I had imagined how he would whisper my name, not Sungmin's.

The walls of each passing hallway seemed a blur to me.  I was blind to the faded color that floated around every surface of every hallway, I was deaf to the angry mutterings of the lady at the front desk of the motel, and I was ready to feel the blissful numbing of my heart as I chose to forget about the one I had longed to be with for the past couple years.  I braced myself for the absence of pain.

I walked through the parking lot, ignoring the gasps of recognition that escaped random pedestrians.  I heard them squealing and giggling.

"It's Eunhyuk!!  I'm going to die, ohmygosh!!  It's Eunhyuk!"

No, I thought to myself, turning to walk the opposite direction in order to avoid my crazy fans.  According to Donghae, I'm Sungmin.

Why was I still feeling sorry for myself?  I was tired.  Tired of continually allowing myself to feel pain.  I didn't have to.  If I so chose, I could become invulnerable to it.

Super Junior's U emanated from deep within my pocket.  I reached for it slowly, hoping that it wasn't Donghae delivering a fake apology.

"Hello?"  I sounded terrible.

"Yah, Lee Hyukjae!  We're supposed to be at Kiss The Radio in twenty minutes!  The manager sent more people to look for Donghae. Hurry up and come back home.  It's you, me, Shindong, and Kyuhyun today.  Hurry up!  You're one of the hosts!  I don't know why you decided to go to the gym today, of all days."

"I'll be home soon, Hyung.  I just got done."

"Good.  We'll be waiting in front."  I heard someone mutter something indistinctly in the background.

"Actually, we can pick you up.  The gym is on the way.  We'll just drive up and pick you up."

No.  They couldn't know where I was.  The gym was completely opposite the direction of where I had gone to find Donghae.  I panicked, hoping that he wouldn't insist on it.

"Hyung, it's okay.  I'm already on my way.  Don't worry about anything."

"Hmm...Okay.  But hurry up!  We're going to be late!"

"Alright, alright."

I felt my shoulders slump as I ended the call.  I did not feel like going to host a radio show; not after having my heart and ego so badly damaged. 

I looked back at the motel.  My eyes trailed the windows, looking for something I wasn't even sure of.  A movement at one of the windows caught my eyes, and I saw a dark figure peeking out from behind a dark curtain.

Turning my back to everything I was finally ready to leave behind, I set my heart free.

I got into my car and drove away, leaving the past behind me, as well as the love I had held for Donghae.  I didn't need him to live.  I had plenty of things to be happy about, and he would not bring me down.

Donghae, I'm done with you.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: DAAAAANNNNG Hyuk youre a badass hahahaha good job! let's hope you actually mean it this time :P

Thank you, everyone for understanding what I said in the last chappie (which wasn't even a chappie). I'm glad I got through to you and that you will continue to support this fic even if I don't write about otps.  I love you for it<3

I wrote another one-shot yesterday! And it can be found HERE! ^_^ It's slightly depressing and made people cry, so idk if you should read it if you're prone to tears...anyway, hope this wasn't too short of a chapter. the next one...and the one after that will be pretty epic. i promise :)