Secrets from Sydney

How The Playboy Stole My Heart.

YURI POV

It wasn't a date..was it? I laughed it off. Sooni was not impressed. Her dark-chocolate orbs stared back into mine. I began to clear my throat, awkward at the tension growing between us. I placed a piece of my fringe behind my ear and dared not to look directly into her eyes. 

"AHAHA, Sooni. It wasn't a date..it was just Minho." Sooni gasped, but soon a smile formed on her lips. She came to hug me tightly. I was stuck in her grasp until she let go and pat my back. 

"Minho?! Well, why didn't you tell me that you guys are back together?" Wait, what? That's not what I meant. Oh no, she's getting the wrong idea. I shook my head defiantly. 

"No, no, no. We just practiced together because we have that Salsa assignment together. Then I felt really dizzy so he took me out to eat. Just..helping a friend out?" It didn't sound right when I said it either. And Sooni noticed that too. She brought a hand to her chin, it as if she were solving a mystery.

"But..isn't that HIS jacket you're wearing?" She smirked with an eyebrow hooked up. She slowly her fingers up to the sleeve of the jacket. I immediately shrugged her off and began to fix the jacket back on my shoulders. It felt like Minho were right behind me, hugging around me. I stared at the leather sleeves and gasped. She was right. I shouldn't be having this on me. I took it off and folded it, placing it on the couch. I looked back at Sooni, still smirking. I looked at her, trying to psyche her out. 

"I was cold? He was being helpful. Just drop it, okay?" I began to try walk past her to the stairs. She caught my arm before I could. 

"Yuri, come on! You still have feelings for him. And it's clear that he does too! Just tell him that you did NOT cheat on him. Especically with Key. What even got him to even think such a thing?" I sighed. It was the bastard Josh that started such a ridiculous idea in Minho's head. But I couldn't tell her that. 

"It doesn't matter. We can't get back together.." It hurt me to even think such a thing. I missed him so much. His words. His laughs. His hugs. His kisses. Just HIM. He had changed my life for the better. But I didn't want to hurt him more than I already had. And if that means staying away so Josh wouldn't do anything..I must. For him. Sooni clearly found my words as ridiculous as I did. She groaned.

"Oh my God, you two are unbelievable! You're both too stubborn to reveal your feelings for one another. He's too proud, and you're too secretive!" I froze. Sooni had never spoken to me with such spite in her words. I was taken aback. Normally, she was really cheerful. She was really pushing it. I shoved my arm away from my grasp. I was losing my patience with her.

"Sooni..I am doing this for the right reasons." She scoffed at me. I raised an eyebrow.

"Excuse me? What was that?" She looked right at me.

"See, that's what I mean. All these..these..SECRETS. What is this "right reason"? I don't see a reason. You're helping NOONE. And that's sad, because, well, Minho doesn't deserve to be played around with like this." I looked at her in complete shock. Is she kidding? Of course she doesn't understand. She doesn't know about JOSH. She doesn't know that I need to protect Minho. She was pushing me. 

"You don't need to know about my reasons. I know what I'm doing. You don't. Just stay out of this". I turned for the stairs. She didn't stop though.

"NO. Yuri, get your arse back here, NOW." I turned around. That's it. I stomped to her until we were face to face. There was no holding back now.

"Do you even love him? Huh? Are you playing him like he played you when he was still a playboy? Is that it? You don't care about him at all! If you did, you'd be back together by now. Look at you. Look at HIM. You've destroyed the both of you with your secrets!" I didn't want to break. Keep the tears in.

"You don't know anything about this! I'm doing this FOR him! Of course I love him!" I took a deep breath.

"I love him so much! You don't know how much I miss him! I hate the fact that we can barely face each other anymore. Being with him today is the happiest I've been in weeks. And that ended all too soon. So don't you ing dare say that I don't care!" A tear ran down my cheek. Sooni kept her ground. She was stronger than I thought. She took a step back.

"So..you're NOT cheating on Minho?" I gasped.

"And WHO would I cheat with, Sooni?!" She pasued for a minute before she spoke.

"Well, I don't know. But I have a feeling Josh would know". I froze. J..Josh? She couldn't know. No, it's impossible. I laughed. A little too hard. I was too shocked to react comfortably. Oh God, she knows?

 

-----------------

SOONI POV

A tear ran down Yuri's face. I could see there was pain in her eyes. I'm sorry I argued with you. This was the only way I could get you to admit that you still loved Minho. You're just as stubborn as he is. But, if I needed her to reveal the reason, I'd meed to keep my ground. I kept a strong composure. I took a step back, giving her space. What was the reason, Yuri?

"So..you're NOT cheating on Minho?" She gasped. Of course she wouldn't. I know Yuri. She would never be the one to do anything like that. 

"And WHO would I cheat with, Sooni?" I paused. I needed to mention this Josh character. That text message meant something. I know it has something to do with this. But she is good with secrets. I needed her to spill it. And what better way to do that then through secrets of my own. I spoke when I was ready.

"Well, I don't know. But, I have a feeling Josh would know". I could see all the colour on her face disappear.

Got you.

It does have something to do with you and Minho. She unexpectedly began to..laugh? Although, it was a bit too hard. Almost..fake. Exactly. Fake. She clearly freaked out. I do know how to read people. And Yuri was an open book. She gulped, with fear in her eyes. What exactly have I unleashed?

"Y..you know?" Did I? Nope. Not a clue who Josh is. But, hey, no harm in pretending that I know.

"Of course I do, Yuri. I know everything about you two. You don't need to hide it from me". Yuri continued to look as shocked as ever. I probably have never seen her eyes that wide, or that open. I waved my hand slightly in front of her face to bring her back. She shook her head, panic setting in.

"Sooni..how? I..okay, it doesn't matter how, right?" She was taking quick-paced breaths. She clearly was not handling this well. Maybe I should tell her I actually don't know..

"But Sooni. Oh God, Sooni. I'm begging you. DON'T. And I mean, don't tell Minho that Josh is back from Sydney." Wait, what? 

"What?" It just slipped out. Sydney? What does she mean Josh from Syd..OH MY GOD. Her ex-boyfriend?! He's here, what?! Wait, wait. How did I not remember sooner?! Josh is her ex from Sydney. The one that cheated on her. The one..but, wait. This didn't make any sense anymore. I stared at Yuri with eyes as wide as her. She had tears going down her face. Oh my God, Josh.

"You..you didn't already tell him, did you, Sooni?" I stared at her. I was still trying to adjust with the fact that Josh, her ex, was HERE. But where? She looked at me, terrified. She began to raise her voice. 

"OH MY GOD SOONI. You didn't tell him Donghyun was Josh, did you?" WHAT. WHAT. WHAT. My jaw dropped. I think I just blew my cover.

"WHAT THE . WHAT DO YOU MEAN DONGHYUN IS JOSH?!" She froze. 

"Y..you d-did-didn't know?" I was frozen.

"NO. What. Why. WHY didn't you tell me?!" She remained completely still. So that's the big secret.

"YOU SAID YOU KNEW". 

"OH MY GOD I WAS LYING YURI." She grew into a fit of anger.

"WHAT. Why would you mention Josh in the first place?!" I looked at her with confusion.

"Because..I tripped over his phone..and it had a message from you.." I pointed at her slowly. She was shocked again. She began to clutch my shoulders.

"WHERE IS HIS PHONE?" I stared at her like she was crazy.

"With Taemin..why?" She let me go and she ran her fingers through her hair.

"No, no, no. I can't let anyone know about this.." She was pacing around the living room. She sat down, with her fingers in , thinking. I came to sit next to her.

"Wait, why?" She looked at me with such vulnerability. I've only ever seen her cry when the two most important guys in her life have hurt her. Minho..and Josh. It all makes sense now.

"Because then Minho will know that Donghyun is Josh. And he can't know, Sooni. I can't let him.." She put her head in her hands, crying. I couldn't stand seeing her like this. I brought her in for a hug. She cried into my chest. I soothed her back.

"Yuri, sh, It's okay. We'll sort this out, don't worry. But, you need to look at me." She slowly raised her head, eyes watery.

"You'll need to explain it to me. From the beginning. I need to know the reason you're keeping yourself away from Minho. Why Josh is here. Why all this is happening.." She looked so lost, but she nodded. She took a breath.

"There's a lot you need to know." I nodded. This was going to be a long night.

---------

YURI POV

I told her. Everything. Why Josh is here. Why I was really bullied at Sydney. Why I had to keep my distance from Minho, I can see the frown on her face. She was trying to put it together.

"So, you are.." I nodded.

"And Josh is.." I nodded.

"Ah". I nodded. I sighed.

"Well?" She continued to think.

"I just never expected that from you. Wow. But, I understand why you're doing this. It really is for Minho, isn't it?" I slowly nodded. She hugged me.

"I'll get the phone off of Taemin tomorrow, I promise. He would've told me if he already told Key". She nodded against my shoulder.

"But thank you..for telling me the truth. The WHOLE truth. You're pretty good at keeping secrets, I must say". I laughed. I missed conversations like this with her. At least it was out. I needed to ask.

"Just one favour..." She stopped me.

"I won't tell Minho." I shook my head.

"AND Josh." She frowned again. 

"I know you want to give him a piece of your mind.." She laughed.

"I want to kill him". I laughed.

"That's lovely of you. But, he'll know that I told you. And I don't know what he'd do.." She sighed.

"Fine. But, I'm going to purposely express hate for him, okay?" I nodded with a smile. Good enough for me. I looked at my phone. 1:30am. Sooni saw my phone lit up.

"We should go to bed. You've had a big night". I nodded.

"Thank you". She smiled.

"You're very welcome". I was walking up the stairs. She called my name out. I turned around. She had Minho's jacket. I stared at it.

"I hope you guys can get back together. I do." She slightly frowned. I smiled and grabbed it off her.

"Don't worry. Soon". We walked together upstairs.

 

---------------------

ANOTHER CHAPTER BAM.
SOONI NOW KNOWS.
AND YOU GUYS STILL DON'T KNOW THE SECRET. 
Welllllll, not the whole secret. 

That'll be revealed over time.
Hope you all liked this~

And let me reply to some comments about Sunny's video:

roxxi1993 and snsd_lover321:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard him! I was actually squealing when I heard!
And thank you so much for reading my chapters! I greatly appreciate it ^^

I love you <3