Chapter 1

The One I Can't Live Without
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Word Count: 2040

The brutal feeling of cold water being dumped on her startled Jisoo awake. Jumping into a sitting position, the first thing she noticed as she looked around her room was her best friend laughing his off, holding an empty glass in his left hand. She wanted to say that she was surprised but honestly, this sort of thing was a daily occurrence between the two. That doesn't mean, however, that she was any less angry. Oh no, she was still plenty enraged.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung! What the hell?" The fury was obvious in her voice. The oversized t-shirt, which was actually Taehyung's, that she had worn to bed as pajamas was wet, making her feel really uncomfortable. Not only that, her bedsheets were wet as well. And to think that she had just changed them yesterday.

Kwon Jisoo and Kim Taehyung had been best friends ever since she was four and he was five. They had met at the playground that was near their house. Jisoo had been getting bullied by a bunch of older kids, who had been teasing her for not having a mother, when Taehyung had seen them and ran over to help her. He had told the older kids off, as well as a five year old can tell someone off, and then helped her. She had had tears running down her face and Taehyung had hugged her and told her that it was okay if she didn't have mom. She had him and from now on he would always protect her. He had pinky swore, even going so far as to stamp it with his thumb, and ever since then, he had kept his promise. No one had ever hurt her again. He had never let them. The only person who caused her any kind of headache was Kim Taehyung, himself. However, that was a headache that she fully welcomed. 

Taehyung, having finally managed to stop laughing at the misery of his best friend, walked over to her bed and sat down, being careful to sit on a dry spot or risk getting his uniform wet. "Soo, get up, we are going to be late for school if you don't get out of bed right now." 

Throwing Taehyung a harsh glare, Jisoo pulls the warm covers away from the bottom half of her body, her mind protesting the exposure to cold air every step of the way. Needless to say, mornings were definitely not the most favorite part of Jisoo's day. Rather, they were the worst. Having to wake up and leave her dream world was not something that she looked forward to doing. If she could, she would probably sleep the whole day, only getting up to deal with the most important thing in life aside from sleep, food. As she stepped out of bed, Taehyung watching her the whole time with a smirk on his face, she balked the the reality of having to getting up and go to school. To make matters worst, it was Monday, possibly the worst day of the week in Jisoo's opinion. 

On the way to the bathroom, Jisoo noticed the clock that was on her study table and halted in her steps. The blaring red letters read 3:12 am. What. The. Hell. Jisoo and Taehyung's first class for school didn't start until 6 am, in fact, they didn't even leave the house until 5:30 am because her house was just a short walking distance from the school they both attended. There was no reason for her to be up this early in the morning. There was no possible way that her and Taehyung could be late. Turning around to face her best friend, Jisoo put her hand on her hips and cocked one eyebrow up. Her eyes darted back and forth between the clock on the table and her best friend who was sitting on the bed, smiling as if he hadn't just committed the worst sin by waking her up at an ungodly hour. After seeing her eyes jumping back and forth, Taehyung followed her gaze, his eyes landing on the clock. The smile fell off his face quickly and turning back to Jisoo, he could tell that he had been found out. Before she could open and begin scolding him, he beat her to it.

"I have a good reason, I swear. I can explain."

"Please do. I'm really curious Kim Taehyung, what could possibly be a good reason for you to wake me up at five in the morning?" Jisoo no longer had her hands at her hips, rather, now they were folded across her chest. The tone of her voice has also changed. No longer did she seem have an angry tone. Instead, her tone was sickly sweet. Combine that with the fact that she was using his full name had Taehyung feeling nervous. Jisoo could be downright scary when she wanted to be. It was a good thing, he knew how to dispell her anger and quickly return back to her good side. A trick which h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter