Chp24 Confess

Forbidden
Hello readers, Long time no talk. Hehe sorry I've been MIA, but I haven't forgotten about you guys. Read this chapter and lmk what you think about it. The story has taken a turn from what I originally wanted but it still going strong. Hope you guys enjoy and if you haven't already, subscribe, comment and upvote.
-aznflv13

 


 

Everyone was staring at Minah. She had dye her hair brown and was wearing make up for the first time. She looked like she lost some weight. As she looks into the room everyone is looking back at her.

“Minah-ssi.” Yuri called out her name. Dr. Kim just closes his eyes and breath in relief and in guilt to see his friend. Minah walks into the room full of emotional people. Her eyes lands on Hyeri who was in Yuri’s arm unconscious. She became scared of the motionless girl and sat on the bed side.

“Hyeri-ah” she pats her hand, “Hyeri-a, open your eyes, Sister Minah is here.” Still no movement. She notices the Hyeri’s arm. “What happened?” she looks at Dr. Kim, who shook his head at her.

“It was my fault.” Yuri spoke up, “We were about to leave and suddenly we were ambushed. Hyeri noticed them first and pushed me out of the way. She got cut by a poison blade and now…” Yuri starts to tear up, “Now she is not waking up.”

Minah examines the wound, “How long has she been like this?”

“Almost two hours now.” Dr. Kim replied

“We don’t have much time left.” Minah was thinking

“Do you know what this is, Minah?”

“It is a synthetic poison that Hunters uses to subdue the supernatural beings. It usually just knock them out, but if the quantity on the blade was too excessive it can be fatal.” Minah sighs as that last word left her lip, “She needs an antidote and fast. I don’t have any of the ingredients.”

“What do you need?” Jungkook was ready to go, “I can get you anything as long as it helps her.”

“Me too.” Myungsoo also volunteers. Jungkook looks at him in disgust but knew that it wasn’t the time to argue.

“Me too.” Yuri lay Hyeri down, “I’ll help out.”

“Are you guys sure?” Minah was looked at each of them in the eyes. They all nodded, “I can get all the dry ingredients by myself but what I request of you all is greater.”

“We will do anything as long as she is okay.” Yuri pleads, “Just help her please.”

“This antidote requires a drop of blood from all the supernatural beings,” they look at each other. “With the blade that is being used, your powers will be weaken to save her. Are you guys willing to sacrifice that?”

“That is fine.” Jungkook jumps in to volunteers first, “Just a drop of blood right.” He stick out his hand

“I’m sorry Jungkook.” Minah gives him a sad look, “Only the blood of a pure supernatural being can be used.”

“What?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Use my blood then.” Jimin volunteers

“Are you sure?”

“Hyeri was here all morning and last night trying to bring Jin back to us. The least we can do is save her.” Jungkook looks at him

“Alright then.” She sighs, “Let me go gather the dry ingredients and I’ll be back.” She walks out. Yuri walks over to Jimin,

“Why can’t Jungkook give his blood?”

“Jungkook’s mother is human.” He whispers, “No one speaks of it but it is a well-known fact.”

 

An hour passes by, Minah comes back up the stairs with a bowl, with dark liquid in it in one hand and a dagger in the other. She places the bowl on the night stand and examine Hyeri’s condition. Her breathing has gotten shallow and she was starting to lose color in her face. Minah looks at Dr. Kim, who has been keeping an eye on Hyeri, he shook his head. “Alright.” She turns and looks at the three, “We need to hurry, there isn’t much time left.” Myungsoo walk up first and give his hand to Minah but Dr. Kim holds onto her wrist. “What?”

“Use my blood.” He looked Minah in the eye and puts his hand out.

“Appa.” Myungsoo objected

“I’m getting old son, even if I lose a little bit of power I’ll be fine. You can’t afford to lose your power.”

“I’ll be okay appa.”

“What about YeEum and your child. If you become weak, who will protect them?” Myungso hesitate at the decision “I know that Hyeri is your friend, but imagine what she will think when she finds out that you gave your blood to save her, and in exchange it weaken you. Think about YeEum and what she would think too. You giving your life to save your childhood ‘girlfriend’.” He places a hand on his shoulder, “Let me do this son.” MyungSoo sighs and steps aside. Dr. Kim nod. Minah takes his finger and make a little cut letting it drip into the bowl. As the drop left his body he felt like a little piece of him left with it.

“Appa.”Myungsoo helped hold up his father.

“I’m okay. Just a little dizzy.” He sit down on the bed.

“Next.” Yuri walks over and gives Minah her hand. Minah takes her finger and cut it. Yuri felt a her legs give up on her and falls onto her knee. Jimin walks over and helps her onto a chair.

“Are you okay?” she nods, “Just sit tight okay.” He walks over and gives his hand to Minah. She makes a cut on his finger. Unlike the others he didn’t stumble but felt numb for a quick second.

“Alright.” Minah stirs the bowl really quick, the dark liquid suddenly became clear as water. Everyone watched as Minah sits Hyeri up and give her antidote, but it just dribbles down the side of .

“She isn’t drinking it.” Yuri became worried, “Why is she not drink the antidote?” Minah wipes Hyeri’s mouth with towel.

“Hyeri-a.” she sounded desperate, “You need to wake up and drink this antidote please. I know you are weak and tired, but find the strength to take a sip please.” Minah pleads as she still trying to feed the antidote to Hyeri. Jungkook couldn’t sit still walks over to Minah.

“Let me try.” Minah didn’t argue and traded spots with Jungkook and hands him the bowl. Everyone watched anxiously. Jungkook took a mouth full of the antidote and gave the antidote mouth to mouth to Hyeri. Everyone was surprised at Jungkook’s action. Hyeri swallowed the antidote.

“She swallowed!” Yuri exclaimed in relief. Jungkook took the last of the antidote in his mouth and gave the rest to Hyeri. Myungsoo felt uncomfortable with the scene and left the room.

“How do we know that the antidote will work?” asked Yuri

“Just look.” Minah pointed at Hyeri. Her breathing was going back to normal and the color was returning to her face slowly. Everyone’s faces lit up and breath a sigh of relief. Jungkook on the other was happy but at the same time curious.

“How did you know the antidote to the poison?” he asked rudely

“Jungkook.” Jin sighs at his little brother’s attitude

“Is no one else curious? Even Dr. Kim didn’t know but Minah knew just exactly what ingredient to use in the antidote. Above that she knew exactly what the poison was.” He stared at her, “Who exactly are you Minah?”

“Ex Hunter.” Dr. Kim said, “ and Hyeri’s savior. Please be grateful that she even helped.”

“It ok, they have a right to be curious.” She sighs, “I knew that eventually that you guys would find out. Yes I am a former ex hunter. I was born into a shaman family but I have already left that life years ago. The reason I knew what was in the poison was because I helped create it. We created a poison that we knew no one would be able to make an antidote to because of the pride of the supernatural beings.”

“No one will be able to lower themselves to ask each other for help.” Jimin scoffs at the revelation.

“Not just that but the fact that they’ll lose power they’ll never do it.” Myungsoo nods his head, “No one would have thought that there would be one day that we would join hands to save each other.”

“Lets all go out and let Hyeri rest.” Minah ushers everyone out. As she look back to get Jungkook she saw that he held onto Hyeri’s hand and his expression shown how worried he was for her. Instead of telling him to leave, she walk out and closes the door behind her.

Jungkook had her hand in his and holding it up to his face. He held his eyes closed and just plead to God to help her. His heart was tearing to pieces because he was so helpless and could do nothing to help her.

“Hyeri-a, please wake up.” He begged, “I know that you are strong. You can pull through.”

Later that Day

Jin and Luna was resting in his room resting. Everyone else is asleep in the living room waiting for Hyeri to wake up. Jungkook hasn’t move since everyone left. He still got her hand in his, and his eyes were barely keeping open and he was beginning to nod off. Hyeri opened her eyes slightly, they felt so heavy. When she was finally able to focus she saw Jungkook nodding off next to her. She notices that he is holding onto her hand. There is a little pain in her chest but she ignores it. Slowly with her other hand she flicks his forehead. She laughs when he jumps back in pain.

“Hyeri.” He was relieved, “You’re awake.” She gives him a weak smile, “How are you feeling?”

“What happened?” she asked

“You were poisoned and became unconscious. You were so lucky Minah came just in time to give you the antidote.” Hyeri almost leapt out of bed.

“Minah is here?” Jungkook nods

“Are you feeling okay?” she nods, “Why did you jump in front of Yuri? How did you know they were there?”

“You mean you didn’t hear or notice them?” he shook his head, “All I remember was walking to the car an noticing these surge of energy and hearing rustling. I notice one that was really strong and coming fast. So ran towards Yuri and pushed her out the way.” Jungkook was upset.

“Why don’t you ever think about yourself Hyeri?” his voice was raising, “If it wasn’t for Minah, you could have died.”

“Jungkook, I’m fine.” She tries to understand why he was upset

“Everyone out there sat in this room for about two hours wondering if you were going to make it.”

“Even if it wasn’t me, it could have been anyone else. So what would the difference have been if I jump or not.” Everyone heard all the talking and enter the room, relieved.

“Hyeri.” Yuri sat down on the other side, “You stupid girl.” She was almost tearing.

“Hey if it wasn’t for me, guess who would be laying down in my spot.” She tease Yuri

“Hyeri-a.” Minah walks over

“Sister Minah.” She tries to sit up, but Minah stops her.

“You can lay down.” She smiles, “How are you feeling?”

“I feel okay.”

“That is good.” Minah takes a look at her arm and unwraps the bandages. The swelling had gone down and the wound was no longer purple. “Dr. Kim is going to recheck and rewrap your bandages. Dr. Kim will stay here with you and I’m gonna go and talk to the other guys.” Minah turns around and eyes the three brothers to follow her out the room. Hyeri looks at Yuri.

“What the matter with Jungkook?”

“Why?” Yuri asked

“He was so upset at the fact that I saved you.” Yuri gave her a calm gentle smile

“Hyeri, he never left your side since you fainted.” Hyeri was confused, “He hasn’t moved or left your side. You can’t tell me that you don’t notice it.”

“Notice what?”

“You don’t notice they way Jungkook treats you?” Hyeri gives her a confuse look. Yuri notice something was off. “What are your feeling for Myungsoo?”

“He is my friend.”

“Do you still love him?”

“As a brother and friend.”

“What about Jungkook?”

“What about him?” Hyeri wince in pain as Dr. Kim applies ointment on her arm and starts to rewrap it.

“Think about what your feelings for him are.”

“Friend.”

“Just friends?” Hyeri nods. That tick Yuri off.

“what wrong?”

“n-nothing.” Yuri brushes it off, “You just relax. I’m going to go grab some stuff for you from the house and I’ll be back okay.”

“Thanks.” Yuri leave with a thought racing through her head. Hyeri looks at Dr. Kim who finishes wrapping her arm. “How does it look?”

“Make sure to not get it wet and restrict movement of this arm.” Dr. Kim sighs and puts his stuff in his bag and sits back and look at her, “You know you gave us quite a scare there.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Hyeri-a.” he looks at her with a blank expression, “We’ve known each other since you were little, so I want you to be honest with me, okay?”

“I promise to tell you everything.”

“Have you been making potions?”

“I have.” She was confused, “Why? Is something wrong?”

“You took some kind of emotional suppression potion, right?” Hyeri had a guilty expression on her face, “I don’t know why you took it, but I hope you know that there are serious side effects to it. A lot of emotional suppression potions have no reversal to them.”

“I know.”

“Why did you take it?”

“I was having too many emotional thought that distracted me at the time. So as I looked through my mother’s book I found a potion and drank it.”

“If you had a problem why didn’t you let anyone know?”

“Everyone was going through their own thing. I didn’t want to burden everyone with my problems.”

“No matter what has happened we have to find a way to reverse the effect. As soon as you get better I will ask Minah to help look for one.”

“Why are you so worried?”

“Your body is suffering from the side effect of the potions. When I was checking your vitals earlier, I could tell that there was something wrong with your heart.” His look was stern, “Side effect of suppression potions, is that you still have the feelings but it comes back as pain. Only your brain doesn’t acknowledge what it is you are feeling.”

“I can take the pain. The physical pain is bearable compared to the emotional pain that I had to deal with.”

“Hyeri,” he sighs, “You grew up with Myungsoo and I love and care about you just as much as I do him. So as someone who cares for you I hope you make the right choice to reverse the potion. You are only hurting yourself.”

 

Minah and the boys sat in the living room downstairs. The conversation they were having was very serious.

“I really need you guys to keep an eye on her as I try to figure things out.”

“What are you saying?” Jungkook was very into the conversation.

“The Hunters are gonna come after her pretty soon now that they know she is here. She isn’t safe in that cabin, nor is Yuri. They both need to stay here and your father can’t find out. Can I trust you with that?”

“You can place your trust in us.” Jungkook nods, “I promise that as long as the girls are under this roof, we will keep them safe.”

“I will place my hope in you guys to keep those girls safe until I get back.”

“Where will you be going?”

“I’ll be investigating so I’ll be going from town to town. When I have enough information I’ll be back with help.”

“Arraso,” Jin nods, “Just please keep in touch with us and let us know how everything goes for you guys.”

“I’ll go say my farewell to Hyeri and then I’ll take my leave.” The boys followed her as she approaches the stairs. She stops and snap her finger as a thought pop into her head, “Can one of you go call and go follow Yuri to her cabin to make sure she is okay and let her know about what we just spoke of.”

“I can.” Jimin spoke up, “I’ll help her grab Hyeri’s things too.”

“Thank you.” He leaves.