Chp 33 Acknowledge

Forbidden

Hyeri wandered back into the wilderness. Her eyes were filled with the sign of failure and regret. She left a trail of blood that dripped from her graze she got from the creature ramming her. As she continues walking, she came to a trail that seemed forgotten. The dirt path that once laid there had overgrown grass and branches laying over it. She hesitated but continues that trail.

“Dal.” That made her stop in her track. Her heart began to race in panic, “Dal” she heard the voice in the wind again. Hyeri was curious at this voice that always seems to come randomly. Suddenly the wind picked up. The dead leaves began to fly all around; the wind was so strong that the leaves left little cuts on her.

“What the hell is going on?” she knew that this was unnatural. She couldn’t sense the source of it. She closed her eyes and concentrated but all she heard was the wind whipping. She got annoyed, “C’mon Hyeri you got this.” She took a deep breath and refocused. The longer she focuses the quieter things got around her. She finally heard what was causing the wind to pick up. It was getting closer to her.

“I smell the scent of something sweet.” She heard it’s high crackly voice, “Something new. Haha.” Hyeri opened her eyes as she felt it getting closer. “Your heart is beating so quickly my dear.”

“Who are you?” Hyeri tried to calm herself down.

“You don’t need to know.” Suddenly, she hears it right in her ear, “Because you won’t leave here alive.” She jumps back. She felt cold sweat all over her body. She slowly backs away towards the direction she came from. “Where do you think you are going?” She turns and sees a beautiful woman standing behind her with a creepy smile. Her eyes were olive green, her lips were berry red and she had light brown curly hair that she held up with a headband.

“Who are you?” Hyeri looked at her from head to toe. She looked normal but there was something off about her. She kept staring at something. Hyeri followed her eyes towards her arm that was bleeding.

“You are hurt little one.” The woman smirks and takes a step towards Hyeri, “Let me help you.”

“I’m fine.” Hyeri took a step back. The woman smiles at her. Hyeri walks around her. The woman walks towards the spot where Hyeri was standing. She squats down and touches the blood on the ground and smells it. The woman grins and her lips as it brought a chill down her spine.

“I thought there was something different about you.” She turns and looks at Hyeri, “A hybrid.” Hyeri stops and looks at her.

“How did you know?”

“Honey.” The woman smiles, “I’ve been around a lot longer than you have. You think I can’t tell the difference between pureblood and yours.” she couldn’t sit still, “But there is something special about your blood that just make me…” she trembles, “I just can’t sit still.” She started to move viciously. Her eyes became red and her hair and lips turned black. She grew a pair of wings and she grew talons. Hyeri watched in horror at her transformation. “I just want to eat you up.” Her voice was high pitched. She charges at Hyeri and she dodges

“What the hell are you?!”

“A hybrid like you.” The hybrid spoked, “I’m a harpy and I’ve been trapped here for too many centuries. But your blood will give me the power I need to escape from this dungeon.” She went charging at Hyeri; cutting her cheek with her talons.

Hyeri was scared frozen. She didn’t know what to do. As she thought about what her move was the Harpy was already coming in for a second swoop. “Hyeri!” Jungkook swoops her off her feet. Hyeri look at Jungkook in disbelief. “Are you okay?” he saw the cut in her face. He felt the anger rose inside of him.

“A vampire.” The harpy smirk, “That is fine too. You can be my dessert after my main course.”

“Hyeri stay back.” He gently pushes her behind him, “Harpies aren’t creatures to reckon with.” He slights turns his head toward her, “when I distract her you make a run for it.” He turns his attention back onto the creature.

“Jungkook.” Hyeri hanged onto her bleeding arm. The harpy swoops down and attacks with her talon raised.

“Trust me.” She heard the serious tone in his voice, “With me here, I’ll never let anything harm you.” Jungkook’s eye became blood red and his skin became so pale his black veins became visible on his face. He jumps towards the harpy and with one swift move he claws the Harpy’s face. The Harpy flew up and assessed the wound on her face. She let out a high pitch screech that can be heard for miles. She looks at Jungkook in anger.

“You’ll regret this you vamp.” Her wings started to flap vigorously, and the wind soon picked up. Lightening can be seen forming in clouds above them. Jungkook turns towards Hyeri.

“RUN!”

 

Cabin

Everyone had run back to the cabin after not being able to find Hyeri. “What is with the sudden rain?” Yuri looked up at the storm clouds that had formed. The rain was getting heavier.

“The weather here is unpredictable.” Luna pats the rain off herself, “Some of the creatures here have a big influence on the weather here.” Jin gave the girls towels, “Thanks.” The girls take the towels and dry themselves. “I just hope those two are okay.”

“I can tell you that JungKook is probably happy to get rid of her,” Jimin whispers as he points at Isabell. Everyone slightly turns their head toward Isabell. A black car drives up to the cabin catching everyone’s attention. Minah gets out of the car and runs to them.

“Isn’t that Minah?” Yuri asked out loud. She was followed by Julia and Mee. “Isn’t that the Mayor’s wife?”

“Hey, guys.” Minah was huffing, “how is everyone doing?”

“Good.”

“Great.”

Julia and Mee walk up onto the porch, “Everyone this is Julia, you guys should all know her as the Mayor’s wife and this is Kang Mee, a friend.” Jin felt something familiar about her but couldn’t figure it out. Minah looks at the crowd and didn’t see the person she was looking for. “Where is Hyeri? And Jungkook?” Minah notices the guilty faces in the crowd. “Where are they?”

“Jungkook went to look for Hyeri.” Jin spoke up, “They got into a little misunderstanding and Hyeri disappeared.”’

“Disappear!” Mee spoke out loud, “Do you not know how dangerous these grounds are? Or have you forgotten?” Mee began to cough. Julia tries to calm her down. Minah turns towards them.

“How long have they been missing?”

“Hyeri been gone since this late afternoon.” Luna spoke up, “Everyone split up maybe an hour or two after that. When we noticed the storm cloud, so we headed back. But Jungkook hasn’t returned.”

“When it rains around here it gets bad, there can be a flood and landslides. We have to find her.” Mee spoke up

“We will have to wait until the storm ends.” Julia said softly to Mee, “You have to stay strong.”

“What if something happens to her?” Mee felt a tug at her heart, “I didn’t live this long just to lose her.”

 

Woods

Jungkook was beaten up badly, on top of that the heavy rain began to mess with his vision. There were scratch marks all over his face. His knuckles were red and swollen. Hyeri stood nearby behind a tree still not being able to lift a finger. She was scared to death about Jungkook’s wellbeing. The harpy looked happy about her situation, nothing but a scratch on her face.

“Just give up pretty boy.” The harpy chuckle, “You’ll die either way.”

“If I die,” he smirks, “I’ll die protecting those I cherish.” His fangs came out and his fingernail grew longer. He charged at her but got smack into a tree with her wings.

“Puny vampire.” She scoffs, “You think you can defeat me.” She lowered herself to the ground. She walks over and stomps on his back; making him groan in pain, “You should’ve never fought a battle you were destined to lose.” A rock flew and hit the harpy’s head, “Apa.” She turns and looks at Hyeri. She was trembling in fear but she couldn’t let him die.

“Leave him alone you Herpe.”

“Harpy, idiot.” She was mad.

“Whatever the hell you are, stay away from him.” She felt courage build up inside of her. Jungkook looks at her and shook his head.

“Or what.” She laughed, “You are going to throw another rock at me?” she stomps on Jungkook making him scream a little. “To save your puny vampire boyfriend?”

Hyeri closed her eyes and with a motion of her hand, the rain droplets froze in space. With another movement, the droplets turned into little spikes and rushed towards the harpy. The harpy flew high to avoid the attack. She saw how the attack left marks on the trees and cut through the leaves. Hyeri uses the opportunity to run to JungKook. He was able to pull himself but against a tree. “Jungkook, are you okay?”

He looked at her weakly, “Babo, why didn’t you run?”

“You’re the idiot if you think that I will leave you here.” Jungkook notices the Harpy flying towards them and cover Hyeri with his body. The harpy’s talon pierced through Jungkook’s abdomen. Hyeri looked in between them and saw the talons that pierce through his abdomen. Hyeri felt her heart tore into a billion pieces. Hyeri used her powers to push the harpy into a tree.

“Ahh!” Jungkook topples on to his side.

“Jungkook.” She places her hand over the wound, “Stay with me.”

“I’m fine.” He reassured her, “I’ll heal quickly. Run.” He tried to push her. She shook her head as her warm tear fell onto his cheek.

“You are an idiot if you think that I’ll just leave you here.”

“If you don’t run, we can both die.” She shook her head.

“No, I won’t abandon you.” She started hiccupping sobs, “I left my grandparents behind and my mother. I won’t do the same to you. I won’t let another person that I care for die for me.” He smiles and wipes her tears with his bloody hand.

“Ka -.” His eyes slowly closed, and his hand fell to the ground. Hyeri began to freak out.

“Jungkook!” she shook him, but he didn’t move, “Jungkook! Jungkook! NO!!!!!!” she screams her lungs out. She cradles his head close to her chest as her tears fell onto his face. She heard rustling from behind her.

“Too bad I didn’t get to see him go.” The harpy limped out from the woods holding her arm, “I guess I have my appetizer.” Her talons regrew, “Now for the main course.” She eyed Hyeri.

“You’ll regret this,” Hyeri spoke in a low voice, she lays Jungkook on the ground. Hyeri’s brown orb turned into a deep blue and her hair slowly turned white, “You’ll regret ever crossing me.” Her fangs and claws came out. The hatred that Hyeri had was so strong that even the Harpy felt fear in her heart.

“Impressive little hybrid.” The harpy tried to speak through her fear, “Why don’t you show me what you got.”

With a flap of her wings, it makes Hyeri fly into a tree. After getting her footing back Hyeri charged towards the harpy at full force. The harpy flew up quickly and laughs at Hyeri. When she turns around Hyeri had jumped up to her and lands a blow on her cheek, landing her into a tree. Hyeri walks over to the tree calmly and puts her hand out as if she was choking something. The harpy flew out of the tree towards Hyeri in a mini-tornado made from leaves and twigs.

“Let go of me.” The harpy struggles.

“If you ever step foot in front of me again, that will be the end of you.” The harpy tries to nod. The Harpy fell onto the ground and coughs. Hyeri walks over to where Jungkook’s body laid. The harpy stands on her feet and runs towards Hyeri. With a swift motion of her hand, the raindrops turned into spikes and pierces through the Harpy.

“I not as naïve as you think I am.” The harpy collapsed lifelessly onto the ground. Hyeri returned to her human form and fell onto her knee in exhaustion. She looks over at Jungkook and notices his wound was healing but slowly. She quickly rummages through her potion bag and finds a healing potion. “This isn’t a strong potion, but it will help you regenerate quicker.” She grunts in pain as she struggled to lift his head with her injured arm. She put the potion up to his lip, but it slips through the side of his mouth. She thought of what to do. She downs the potion and gave it to him, mouth to mouth. Subconsciously Jungkook lifts his hand and pressed Hyeri’s head towards his, deepening the kiss.

 

Cabin

After everyone settles down and waits for the storm to end Yuri heads to her room and makes a call on her phone.

“YeonSeok ssi.” She spoke quietly, “bad news.”

“What is the matter?” his voice sounds as if he didn’t have a care in the world

“Hyeri has disappeared in the mountain and hasn’t turned up yet.” Yuri sounded worried, “With her wound, I don’t know how much longer she can last.”

“You have to take a chance and get her here as soon as you find her.”

“How will I be able to do that? Minah and two other girls are here.”

“If Minah is there…” he sounded irritated

“What?”

“Nothing, just sit and watch everything play out. When you get back, bring her here.”

“Understood.” Yuri puts her phone away and walks out.

“Why aren’t you guys out there searching for him!?” Isabell yelled at the two brothers, “He could be dead if we wait any longer.”

“We can’t go out there.” Jin sigh, “It is way too dangerous out there right now. The storms out here aren’t like the ones out of the magic realm. These are controlled by the creatures around here. Also, we don’t know where he is.” He is annoyed. “We are as dead as sitting ducks out there.”

She goes and joins the girls in the kitchen. Luna and Julia were cooking, Minah and Mee were sitting by the window discussing something. Yuri walks over and eavesdrops while pretending to cook with the other.

“We’ll find her,” Minah assured her

“What if we don’t?” Mee was kept her eyes on the window. “The longer I wait the heavier my heart becomes.” She sighs

“The storm will be over soon.” Minah looks out the window. Yuri placed some drinks on a tray and walks over to them.

“Would you like some juice?” Yuri offered with a smile

“Thanks.” Minah took one. Yuri looks at Mee

“How about you?” Mee looks at the drink

“I’m okay.” She looks back at the window and sighs. Yuri notices her sadden expression

“KangMee ssi, are you okay?”

“I am fine. The rain just makes me depressed.” She sighs, “And I am worried about your friends out there.”

 

Waterfall

 

Jungkook woke up with his body feeling sore, he felt the bandage that was wrapped around his torso. He heard water rushing around him and a warm yellow light beside him. He struggles to sit up and see that he is in a cave behind a waterfall. He saw a shirt that hung over the fire and looks down at himself and saw that he didn’t have a shirt on. He looks around and sees Hyeri sitting down at the entrance of the cave looking out. He stands up and walks towards Hyeri. She hears his footsteps and turns around. He saw the look of relief in her eyes.

“You’re up?”

“How long have I been out?” he asked. She moves the water aside with a movement of her hand.

“Well…” she looks at him, “The moon is out. I would say at least six to seven hours.” She stands up and walks past him towards the fire with little to no emotion.

“Why are we behind a waterfall?”

“Rushing water helps carry away scent. I didn’t want to attract any more creatures, so I hid us behind a waterfall for the time being.”

“What happened to the Harpy?” he places his arm on his abdomen.

“She died.” Hyeri picks up his shirt and made sure it was dry, “I killed her in my true form.” She walks over and gives it to him. “I used your undershirt to wrap your wound until you fully regenerated.” He looks at his shirt and notices the wrap around her old wound. He reaches out to touch it, but she took a step back. She avoided eye contact with him. He became irritated and worried.

“Your wound opened back up didn’t it?”

“It is nothing.” Hyeri hands the shirt to Jungkook, “I already put some ointment and wrapped it up nicely.”

“Hyeri, it been over a week and your old wound doesn’t seem to be healing.” He took a step forward and she took one step back, “I think there is more to your wound then you are saying.”

“I’m fine.” She walks towards the fire. He grabs a hold of her arm and pulls her back to face him. She groans in pain and places a hand on her torso.

“What is wrong?” Jungkook became worried and observes her from head to toe.

“Nothing. I am fine.” She tries to pull her arm from his grasps, “Let go of me please.” Jungkook slightly lifts her shirt and see a large greenish-blue bruise starting to appear.

“This is fine?” Hyeri hit his hand that was lifting her shirt and jerks her arm away from him. “Are you an idiot? You know you can die.”

“I said that I’m fine.” She raised her voice a little, “You are the one calling me an idiot. What about you?” she pointed at his torso, “You’re the reckless one. Why the hell in the world did you come out and look for me?”

“This is nothing. I am a vampire.” He tried to sound tough, “My wounds heal.” He removes the wrapping around his torso. His abdomen looks as if nothing ever pierced through it.

“Is that supposed to mean something right now?” He was surprised by her words, “Your wound was so deep, you were bleeding out quicker than you could regenerate.” She tries not to cry, “What the hell am I supposed to do…if something was to happen to you?” she felt her eyes become warm, “I thought you died back there. You didn’t even know how scared and worried I was, not knowing how to save you.” He saw the tears b in her eyes. He tries to wipe it away, but she steps aside and turns around to wipe her tears.

“Even if I got a chance to do it all over, I would still have made the same choices.” He kept his eyes on her, “I would have still come after you, even after knowing the dangers. I would still have taken that stab for you, knowing that I might die. Because I care about you.” He slowly walks behind her and wraps his arm around her.

“Jungkook please.” She closes her eyes at his warm embrace that made her feel safe, “Let go of me. You shouldn’t be doing this.” She tries to pry his hand away

“Every time.” Hyeri stops struggling under his hold, “Every time I tried to care for you, you push me away. Every time I get one step closer to you, you take one step back. When you were unconscious from that knife wound, do you know how worried I was? When I saw you all bloody up did you know how fast my heart raced for the first time? When I see you with ‘him’ do you know how much it hurts?” He hugs her tighter, “You of all people should know how badly a one-sided love hurts.” The tears from his eyes dripped onto her shoulder, “I care about you Hyeri.”


♥♥♥♥Upvote and Subcribe♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥Stay safe!!!♥♥♥♥