Chp 6 Comfort

Forbidden

            Hyeri runs towards the bedsheet and sees no one. She then sees another shadow not too far away from where she was standing. She runs and tackles the shadow; taking the bed sheet with them.

            “I got you!” she pulls the sheet off the person, “Jungkook-ssi.” She quickly gets off him.

            “Why are you going around tackling people for?” He stands up, dusting the dirt off him.

            “Mianhae, I thought you were a stalker or someone dangerous.”

            “Does that even make sense? Who would stalk you? Even if it wasn’t a stalker, you shouldn’t be tackling random people anyways. What if I was an elderly person, huh?”

            “Well good thing it was you I tackled!” she was angry, “You deserve it anyways. I already apologize and, yet you are still lecturing me. Rude and stuck up.” She picks up the dirt sheet.

            “Yah!” he was dumbfounded, “Are you crazy?”

            “Bwoh?” she was done, “Never been talked like that by a girl before.” She scoffs, “Let me guess, you get all the girls. They literally kiss the ground you walk on, will not me. If you have nothing important to say or do here…goodbye.” She walks inside.

            “Yah, GO HYERI!” she turns and looks at him. He walks up to her

            “Bwoh?”  He tried to think of something clever to say.

            “I came here thinking I was going to see a girl crying in a corner.” He sighs

            “Bwoh?”

            “Oh you think I didn’t hear about your little ‘boy’ friend getting hitched?” He made quotation marks with his fingers. Hyeri lost her composure a little, “I guess you must not have liked him as much as you thought.” He sighs, “I wasted my time coming here to check up on you.” He teases her, “One-sided love never really works out you know.” He got a glance of her.

            “Are you finished?” no answer from him. She walks into the building. Jungkook felt a little bad.

            “This is why you can’t ever get a girl.” He turns to see Jin, “You came here to apologize to the girl for your behavior, not make her feel bad.”

            “How can I apologize to someone like that?” he put his hands in his pockets.

            “You just have to be a man and do it. Women are fragile creatures.”

            “Fragile?” he sighs, “Have you seen her? How can a girl like her be considered fragile?”

            “You just don’t understand.” Jin shook his head, “If you aren’t going to apologize then let’s go home.  I can feel the sun cooking me.” Jin goes and opens the car door and Luna runs from the car inside. “Luna!” He run after her.

            Luna runs through the hallway and finds Hyeri sitting in a corner by herself and crying with her head down. She walks up to her, sniffs her and then places her head on Hyeri’s arm.

            “Luna?” she wiped her tears and looks up, “What are you doing here?” Luna made a dopy face and stands on her hind leg, placing her forelegs on Hyeri’s shoulder. Hyeri hugs Luna, “Thank you Luna, I really need a hug.” She sighs, “Boys are so stupid.”

            “Luna?” she heard Jin calling. He runs pass the door but goes back, “Luna! Hyeri!”

            “Jin-ssi.” She stood up and wiped her tears.

            “Are you okay?” he looked at her with worry

            “What luck do I have to have all three brothers visit me?” she tries to smile

            “I’m here to apologize on Kook’s behalf.” He bows, “Please excuse his behavior.”

            “I’m fine.” She looks down at Luna, “I’m guessing you are looking for Luna.” Luna rubbed against Hyeri’s leg

            “Ne.” he smiles, “She ran out the car when I opened the door. I guess she could sense that you were upset.”

            “She is a very bright dog. You have a great friend.” Hyeri smiles at Jin

            “I know I do, but she seems to like you a lot more than she does with us. I feel like I might lose a friend sometimes.”

            “I know she will never do that.” She pats Luna on the head.

            “I know. But who knows only time will tell.”

 

            Yuri looks around the corner and spies Jungkook leaning up against his car. She hides quickly and chant something quick.

            “Okay take a deep breathe Yuri.” She walks towards him, “Hello?” Jungkook looks at her. “Who are you? Can I help you?” she asks. He just sighs and ignores her “Will, I am Yuri. I just started working here.” He looks at her

            “I don’t care.” He leans back on the car looking away.

            “How rude.” She scoffs, “no wonder you made the other girl cry.”

            “Cry?” he looks at her “Who did I make cry?”

            “Oh, you know who.” She sighs, “I guess knowing how cold-hearted you are that isn’t a surprise.” She smirks, “That is if you even have a heart.”

            “Who are you?

            “I am just a girl with a special sense.” She smirks, “If I can’t help you out with anything, I’ll be taking my leave.” Yuri walks back around the corner, Jungkook follows her but as soon as he turns the corner she was gone.

            “Who was that?”

            “Jungkook.” He turns back and see Jin with Luna, “Let’s go.” Jungkook walks towards him.

            “What about her?”

            “She won’t be coming to the house today.” Jin stares Jungkook down, “She’ll come the day after though. Also, Sister Minah asked us to take Hyeri to the wedding this weekend and to accompany her.”

            “Really.”

            “Yes.” Jin sigh, “But I won’t be available.”

            “Waeyo?”

            “It a full moon this weekend and Luna can’t be seen, especially there. So, you and Jimin are gonna have to accompany her and stay by her side there.”

            “But you are the oldest, you are supposed to be there. It not like anyone would listen to me anyways. They only do when you or appa is around.”

            “Don’t worry about what they think. If anyone asks, tell them that I had some other businesses to attend.” They walk to the car. “Also you have to take her shopping for a dress for the wedding, tomorrow.”

            Yuri watched as they drove off in their car. Hyeri walk back out and say Yuri standing at the corner of the house. “Excuse me?” Yuri jumped, “Can I help you?”

            “Ani, I’m a new worker here and I lost my way around here.”

            “Oh, will have you met Sister Minah yet?”

            “I have. She told me to come help you outside with the laundry but, when I came out all I saw those two men and a dog out here.”

            “Oh those guys.” Hyeri smiles, “Don’t worry about them. They are just people I work for.” She walks pass Yuri towards the yard and picks up a bed sheet.

            “You work for them?” Yuri follows her

            “I just walk their dog for them.”

            “You like animals?”

            “I like many things actually. I like to keep my options open.” Hyeri sighs, “How rude of me?” Yuri was confused, “I’ve been going on about these random things and yet I didn’t even introduce myself to you, I’m Go Hyeri.”

            “Kwon Yuri.”

            “Kwon?” asked Hyeri

            “Uh-huh. Why?”

            “Nothing, it just…we don’t hear that name around here a lot. It rare to have a Kwon around here.”

            “Really?”

            “Yes.” Hyeri throws a bed sheet over the clothes line and Yuri pulls it over, “Yuri-ssi what bring you here to work with us?”

            “Actually…I’m here to find someone.” Hyeri seemed interest

            “Find someone?”

            “Yes. I’m here to find my cousin.”

            “Do you know who it is?”

            “I don’t even know if I’m looking for a boy or girl.” She sighs, “I just have a feeling that my cousin is still alive and somewhere.”

            “Why did you choose to start here of all places?”

 

 

            Hyeri walks into the mansion the next day, but Luna didn’t coming running to here like she usually did. “Luna-ah?” Hyeri called, “Luna-ah.” She eventually walks onto the back patio and sees Luna laying in the grass.

            “You are finally here.” Jungkook was sitting in a lounge chair reading a book. He puts the book down and walks towards her, “Kaja.” He walked a little pass her but she didn’t hear her. “Didn’t you hear me?”

            “Why would I follow you anywhere?”

            “I told you to come because we were gonna go shopping.”

            “Who said we were gonna go shopping? I’m here to do my job and take Luna for a walk.”

            “Baryu already took her for a walk today.” He grabs her wrist and catches her by surprise, “Kaja.” He drags her towards the car.

            “Yah, let go.”

            “Be quiet and follow me.” He opens up the door to his car and let go of her wrist, “Just get in the car.” She stares at him, “Jebal, just get in. You think I really want to take you shopping? If Jin didn’t tell me to, I wouldn’t be doing this.”

            “Then we’ll just act as if you did.” She tries to walk back to the house. Jungkook stops her in her tracks.

            “Just get into the car please.” He looks at her “If you don’t get into the car then I’m gonna put you in the car myself.” Hyeri turns back and gets into the car. Jungkook gets in and drives off to the mall. The ride was quiet between the two.

            When they got to the mall he took her to the most expensive store and had them give her a makeover. “Give her something to make her look prettier,” he told the store workers, “Something formal but also not to flashy. I’ll be back.”

            “Where are you going?” she asked

            “I’m gonna go and get my suit. I’ll be back.” He leaves her at the store alone. She was kind of scared. First of all she has never been to such an expensive store and second she was in a place she was unfamiliar with. The workers started to give her dresses to try on, but she didn’t know how to judge them.

            “Hyeri, is that you?” she saw Yuri walking into the store, “what are you doing here? I thought you were working?”

            “I was but Jungkook took me dress shopping for the wedding this weekend.”

            “Where is he?”

            “He left somewhere and hasn’t been back for a while.” Hyeri was irritated, “And I know nothing about these dresses nor what do I wear.”

            “You can borrow one of mines. My family and I used to go to fancy events all the time, I have a ton. I’ll go back home and get it for you tomorrow.”

            “That would be awesome.”

            “Oh…rude lady.” Yuri turns back and sees Jungkook hold a bag, “Are you stalking me?”

            “Who would want to stalk you?” she was annoyed, “I came to shop and saw Hyeri by herself. So I came over to talk and she told me you left her by herself.”

            “And? It’s not like I’m her boyfriend.”

            “Yah.” She pushes his shoulder, “Do you know how bad human trafficking is nowadays? You left a girl alone in a store by herself and expect her to be okay? Are you crazy?” Hyeri pats her on the shoulder.

            “Yuri, it is okay. Don’t bother arguing with him.” She stops her “You can continue with your shopping. I’ll catch up with you later.” Yuri left but not without making sure Jungkook knew that she was upset with him and shoved his shoulder.

            “So, did you find anything you like?” he tried to cool off.

            “No, I’m just going to borrow Yuri’s clothes.”

            “You didn’t find anything you liked?”

            “I didn’t like anything. Too expensive for my taste.” She sighs, “If there isn’t anything else then let’s go back home.” She walks ahead placing her earbud into her ears.

            “STOP HIM!” Jungkook saw two security officers running after a man and a woman running far behind them, “STOP RIGHT THERE!” Jungkook notice that Hyeri wasn’t paying attention. The thief ran into Hyeri making them both tumble. The thief in panic grabs Hyeri and pulls out his pocket knife.

            “Ah!” people were screaming. Jungkook observed the situation.

            “Let her go.” The cops told the man

            “If you don’t let me go. I-I-I’ll kill her.” He places the knife on the side of her neck. Hyeri just closed her eyes and tried to calm down, “Pick it up.” He has Hyeri pick up the purse he had stolen. She looks at Jungkook in the eyes but he had little to no reaction.

            “This is it.” She closes her eyes and thought to herself, “This is how I am going to die.” She sighs

            “Let her go.” She opens up her eyes. Jungkook was walking towards them.

            “Stay back.” The man yells, with his knife pointed at Jungkook now.

            “If you let her go, I’ll stay back.” Jungkook stop not five feet away, “I suggest you let her go or you’ll be sorry.”

            “He he he, you think I am scared of you.” He presses the knife in a little hard making Hyeri wince, “I’ll let her go when I know that I am safe.” Jungkook sighs

            “I can’t let you do that.” Hyeri grips onto her purse, “Hyeri-ah close your eyes and don’t move.” She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Before she knew it the perp was on the ground. She felt her knees go weak and fell to the ground, “Hyeri.” He kneeled before her, “are you okay?”

            “I don’t know.” He notice the small cut on her neck

“Watch out!” Jungkook heard someone yell. He puts his arms up to shield Hyeri. The thief slashes his forearm. Hyeri was so surprised she didn’t know what to do.


Hello readers, sorry for the very, very, very late update. I've been busy with school couldn't find time to update.

I'll try my best to do better. Enjoy this chapter and lmk what you guys think so far.

Don't be a quiet reader.           

-aznflv13