Chp25 Proclamation

Forbidden

Minah leaves after persuading Hyeri to stay at the mansion until she full recovers. Minah promises to be back and help her train. Hyeri is sitting up in the bed. She observed Jungkook’s room. The walls were beige and plain, no decoration at all. The furniture were dark grey and charcoal, an arm chair sat near the door with a desk close to it. On the desk were two pictures, frames. Hyeri stood up slowly and walked over to look at the pictures. The first one was a picture of the three brothers and her father. Sitting in front of all of them was a line of girls. It was a little old fashion but who doesn’t look good in black suits. She smiles at the how dorky they look; the brother’s image changed except for their hair. She looks at the next frame and it was a picture of a little boy and his mother. She was beautiful, she had pale skin with rosy cheeks. Jungkook had his mother’s smile.

“She was a sweet lady.” She puts the picture down as soon as he heard Jungkook’s voice.

“Sorry I was just curious.” She but her hand behind her back, feeling guilty for touching the picture frame.

“No need to be sorry.” He goes and picks up the picture from the desk and looks at it. He reminisces about his childhood, “Umma was human and she was known to be the beauty from all around. Appa was curious about the rumors so he went looked for her. He fell in love with her as soon as he saw her. He tried hard to get her and she did. He stayed with her for three months. When halabeoji came to look for him, he left her his sun protection ring and told her that he would be back to marry her.” His expression became grim, “She waited for years and he never came back. She finally took her last breathe and for the first time in so many years I finally met my father.”

“How did you know where to look?”

“She gave me the ring that he left behind and told me he was a the most beautiful vampire ever and he was the son of an elder. So I began my search with the ring.” His eyes began to water “Who would have known that my father was unfaithful, he already had kids with two other women and not once did he think about my mother. My mother die thinking that he loved her. She died waiting for that bastard.”

“I’m sorry.” She pats him on the back, “I think I would have like your mom if I ever met her. She look lovey and sweet.” She look at the picture, but he kept his eye on here. “She would be proud and glad that you have two caring brothers.” She kept her eye on group picture then she looked at him. There faces were inches apart. Jungkook back away quickly, while blushing.

  1. should rest. I’ll ask one of the maids to make you dinner.” He puts the picture down and places and head out the room.

“Jungkook.” He stops, “I wanted to say thank you…for everything.” Her smile warmed him up. He smirks and walks downstairs. Hyeri goes and sits on the bed, her heart beating little by little. She suddenly felt a sharp pain. “Not again.” She leans over waiting for the pain to pass. As the pain begins to subside she felt something on her leg. She opens her eyes and see Luna sitting next to her with her paw on her leg. “I’m okay Luna. Just a little tired.” Hyeri took a deep breathe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuri goes into the hidden garden and enters the tent. She walks over to the table by the bed. She was cleaning up the table and putting away all the ingredient that Hyeri had left out. She grabs the potions book and heads out of the tent. She notices a little tab on a page, “I wonder what she was making.” She opens it up, “Hyeri.” She was angry “What have you done to yourself?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jungkook walks into the room with a tray of food. “Hyeri, sorry for the long wait.” When he opened the door Hyeri was asleep on his bed. Luna curled up next to her. He places the food down on the table walks over to the side of the bed. He smiles and covers her with a blanket. Luna looks up at him.

“What?” Luna just tilted her head, “I was just checking up on you guys.” He stutters, “Is there a problem with that.” Luna just kept staring at him. “I don’t know why I am even talking to you.” He grabs the food and walks out the room.

“I recognize that look.” Jungkook stops and turns around. Luna sat on the bed next to Hyeri. She smirks as she looks at Hyeri. “You used to look at me that way.” She turns and smiles at him. “When we first met, and the time after that and the time after that.” She smiles, “You were so cute.” She chuckles, “Now you look at her with those same eyes but with more feeling.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” he raised his eyebrow.

“You love her.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” He denied it

“You don’t have to convince me.” She smirks and get off the bed, “I’m going to go and see Jin.” She grabs the tray of food from him, “I suggest you let her know if you plan on keeping her.” She walks away.

Jungkook stood at the door watching over Hyeri, “I know how I feel. I am just scared of your feelings.” Jungkook sighs.

 

Hyeri was up the next day training outside. Jungkook walks outside to join her. He sees her stretch her wounded arm and massages it. He shakes his head. She smiles at she hears his foot steps getting closer to her.

“You’re way too loud.” She chuckles

“I see your hearing is getting better.” He smirks, “You can even hear me from all the way over here.” He walks over faster, “But you need to train harder. That was still too close for comfort.” Something flew pass him and made him pause. In Hyeri’s hand was a ball.

“Did you even notice that?” she threw it up and down.

“Impressive.” He smirks, “You’re levitation skills has gotten better, but it is still amateur.”

“Are you trying to challenge me?” she smirks at him

“I’ll take a challenge you anytime.”

“Arraso.” He walks closer to her, “My hearing vs your levitation.” He closes his eyes and concentrated. She smile and suddenly something flew pass him and he dodges it. They both smiled and laugh as she levitated stuff towards him and he dodges them. “Is that all you got?” he as he opens his eyes.

“I’m just getting started.” She begins to levitates the leaves on the ground and it flew around Jungkook, surrounding him. Instead of feeling fear he felt warmth. The leaves were beautiful and almost majestic. Through the wall of leaves he could see her warm smile. It suddenly stops and drops to the ground,

“What was that?”

“A wall of leaves.” She smiles.

“How did you learn to do that?”

“I had some spare time when I was with Yuri.” Her eyes glisten in the sunlight.

“You’ve come far.” Jungkook smiles, “I am impressed.” He smiles

“That what you call impressive?” a soft voice spoke up from behind them. Jungkook stiffen from the sound of the voice. Hyeri sees a petite young woman walking in their direction. She had long brown hair that reached the middle of her back. She had large round eyes and milky skin. Hyeri walks up next to Jungkook and notice that he never looked away from the girl. Up close, she looks like a little girl maybe in her mid to late teens. The girl stood in front of Jungkook and took one look at Hyeri. “Jungkook, aren’t you going to introduce me to your friend?”

“What are you doing here Isabell?” his happy expression was no longer there and his voice was stern. Hyeri realize that she was the girl from the photo on Jungkook’s desk.

“oh.” She smirk, “Is that how we greet each other now.” She scoff. Hyeri could feel the awkwardness. She walks in front of Jungkook with a smile. She put her hand out for a handshake.

“Let me introduce myself, I am Go Hyeri.” Isabell looks at her and then at her hand with disgust. She crosses her arm over her chest and look at her. She notice the way Jungkook looked at Hyeri. She walks in between the two of them, pushing Hyeri away and wraps her arm around his.

“What are you doing?” he tries to pry her hand off his arm, but she held on tight.

“I’m So Isabell.” She stares back at her, “His fiancée.” Hyeri looks at him, he stared back at her with fear in his eyes. She looked at Isabell and saw how she held onto his arm. She felt a sudden sharp pain in her chest, it made her wince.

“Hyeri.” He took a step towards her. Isabell held him back.

“I’m okay. I just practice a little too hard.” She mutter out and took a deep breath and calmed herself down, “It is nice to meet you Isabell. I’m sorry, Jungkook had never mention that he had a fiancée before or you.”

“Kookie ~.” She sound offended, “You didn’t tell her about us. I’m so upset.”

“I’m pretty sure he meant to.” Hyeri smiles, “He probably forgot.”

“And who are you and what are you doing here?”

“Me?”

“Who else am I talking to if not you.”

“I’m… I’m” she looks at him

“She is my friend.” Jimin walked towards them, “Hello Isabell,” He gave her a smile “It’s been a long time since we last met. How are you doing?” he stood next to Hyeri.

“Jimin oppa.” She smile, “Nice to see you again.” She looks at Hyeri, “So if you don’t mind me asking why is your little friend here with Jungkook and not with you?”

“She is training under me.” Jungkook said sternly and finally removed her hands from his arm “She is my pupil. Hyeri found out her powers not too long ago and needed help controlling them.”

“That earlier looks more like playing then training to me.” She sighs and crosses her arm over her chest, “Well…the real reason I came here is because of you.” She look at Jungkook.

“What about me?” Jungkook looks at her. She takes something from out of her purse.

“This.” She held up a small white envelope with a Vampire symbol on it. Jungkook shown no interest in it.

“What is that supposed to be?” Hyeri asks Jimin. He shook his head.

“I’m guessing the reason you aren’t surprised is because you already know.” Isabell scoff in annoyance

“What about it?” Jungkook looks at Hyeri’s expression. She was clueless.

“Jungkook.” Isabell whines

“Isabell, I don’t care what you do with that paper. You can burn it, toss it, or eat it for all I care.” He sighs, “Let’s go, Hyeri.” He walks over to her and grabs her arm and walks back towards the mansion.

“Jungkook.” Hyeri looks back at Isabell and Jimin

“Don’t say anything.” Jungkook said sternly

“Yah.” Isabell yells, “Jung Jungkook!” she pouted like a little kid. “You think you can just walk away from this.”

“Looks like he is.” Isabell glares at him. Jimin just chuckles and walked back inside. When he got inside he saw Jungkook taking Hyeri up the stairs. Jimin shrugs it off and heads to the kitchen.

“Oh Jimin.” He looks up and sees Yuri cooking. He observed the kitchen and it was a mess. Yuri notices his eyes wandering, “I’m sorry about the mess. I will clean it up after I am done. I promise.”

“What are you sorry for. You got to eat to survive.” He walks over to her chuckling, “Let me help you.”

“It’s okay I got it.”

“Let me help you out.” He walks over next to her and notices all the veggies and flour. “What are you making?”

“Pancake.”

“Pancake?” Jimin shakes his head, “If you are hungry eat real food, not snacks. Don’t tell me you cook like this at the cottage.” She hit him on the shoulder

“Yah, don’t make fun of my cooking. I make pretty good food. It just I didn’t know what types of ingredient you had so I used what I brought.”

“Yuri.” He chuckles, “We have a ton of food here. Use whatever you like.” He opens the fridge and grabs a slab of beef and put it on the counter. “Use this and make some bulgogi for yourself.”

“Are you sure?” she looks at the grade A beef that sat before her.

“What you don’t know how to make bulgogi?”

“I do. It just this is very high quality beef and I know you don’t eat it.”

“Doesn’t mean I don’t know how to cook it.” He rolls up his sleeves. “How about today you stick to those veggie pancakes. I’ll make you the best bulgogi you ever had.” She doubted him.

“My expectations aren’t high, so don’t sweat over it.”

“You doubting me?” she thought about it and nods, “I’ll show you what Chef Jimin can do.” Yuri laughs at Jimin’s cockiness. The backdoor slams closed. Yuri sees Isabell storming through the house. She glares at Jimin and he waves back with a cheeky smile. She scoffs and storms out.

“Who was that?”

“So Isabell.”

“You don’t mean… the So Isabell?” Yuri was wide eye as Jimin nods his head and began slice the meat. “Is it okay for her to storm off like that? Aren’t you afraid of what she can do?”

“Should I?”

“Why wouldn’t you be?” Yuri was confused, “You make it seem like she can’t touch you.”

“Why would I be afraid of someone who is potentially marrying into my family just so she doesn’t lose face?”

“What!”

 

 

Jungkook and Hyeri walks into his room. He shuts the door behind them and finally lets go of her hand. She rubs her wrist from the pain. He stood staring at the door without saying a thing.

“Jungkook are you alright?”

“Hyeri.” His voice was soft but stern.

“what is the matter?” He turn and looks at her. His expression was serious, “Jungkook is something wrong?”

“Hyeri, do you really not feel anything for me?”

“Of course I do.” He had hope, “You’ve been such a great friend to me since everything happened. I am grateful for that.” He scoffs in disappointment and sit on the armchair by the door. He covers up his face with his hands.

“Did I say something wrong?” she sat down on the bed across from him. There was a long silence in the room. The only thing that could be heard was his heavy breathing. She wanted to leave but something told her to stay. She looks around the room and her eyes lands on the group picture on the desk. “Hey.” She said softly and he picks up his head and looks at her. “So…why didn’t you ever tell me about Isabell?” he sighs and lean back into the chair, “It okay if you don’t want to talk about it.”

“The reason why I never spoke about her is because she doesn’t exist.” He looks at Hyeri, “In my life anyways.”

“Jungkook.” She had a calm serious tone, “Why did you get engage to Isabell if you were going to be like this? You should break the engagement if you don’t feel anything for her.”

“Hyeri it not as easy as you think.” He sighs and sits up, “It just not me that have a fiancée, all three of us do.”

“What?”

“As the grandchild of an elder our marriage are usually arranged for us. Jin’s mother was appa’s betrothed, he is the only rightful heir and is betrothed to one of the Elder’s daughter, Song Angelica.”

“But he has Luna.”

“Yeah, and he is lucky because Angelica doesn’t agree with the arrangement. From what I heard she had been M.I.A for quite some time just to avoid the wedding.”

“What about Jimin’s fiancée?”

“He is betrothed to a former elder’s granddaughter, Choi Elizabeth. She goes by Eliza. She shown interest in Jimin but he just shrugged her off.”

“What about you?”

“What about me?”

“Isabell seems to be interested in you. So what is holding you back.”

“Isabell is…” he hesitated, “somewhat royalty.”

“Wait. What?” Hyeri was surprised, “You mean she is like… what a princess.” She was scratching her head from all the information. “Wait why would you get the princess, and not Jin if he is the rightful heir.”

“That is because like me she is an illegitimate child. She is the daughter of the duke and a human maid. Her mother passed away during childbirth.” He sighs, “ She is the youngest of the royals so she had little to no chance to get the throne. Appa and the king arranged us to wed so that we didn’t bring down anyone’s title by marrying them.” He looks at Hyeri

“Isn’t it a good thing that you get to be together with her.” She smiles, “I think Isabell is cute. Sure her attitude is a bit off but I’m sure if you get to know her a little more and let her know how you feel, she’ll change.” Hyeri doesn’t pay attention to his expression. “So that letter that she had with her, what was it?”

“A proclamation from the elders.” He stood up from the chair.

“A proclamation for what?” He hated the fact that she was acting clueless. He became frustrated.

“Hyeri don’t you understand anything?” he raised his voice. She stood up from the bed.

“Me?” she was getting upset that he was yelling at her for no reason, “You are the one whose speaking in half sentences and riddles. Am I supposed to understand anything you are talking about.” He takes a deep breath and turns away from her “I’m not Detective Conan, I don’t understand your clues.”

“Remember when I came here for the first time.” She nods, “I came here because I got the same proclamation sent to me. I’ve been avoiding them.”

“What is so wrong about the proclamation?”

“I am to wed Isabell.” He looks for a reaction from her. “Do you have anything to say to me?” She was thinking and trying to ignore the pain in her chest.

“I’m happy for you.” She smiles, “Let me know if you need anything.” Jungkook stood in disbelief. He walks and grabs her arms. “Jungkook what are you doing?” she tried to read his expression.

“Hyeri.” His voice trembled. He felt a pain in his chest that he had never felt before as he stared into her eyes. His breathing felt heavy. He looked down and sighs heavily. “I will only marry for love.” He looks up and saw her blank face, “Do I literally have to spill it out for you?”