Chp12 Hurt

Forbidden

“Okay.” Yuri smiles back at us, “Thanks for walking me to my car.”

“That is no problem. We’ll see you later.” I wasn’t ready to let her go and I still had questions to ask. We left her and walked away but I felt like something was wrong. Suddenly I felt someone push me.

“GET OUT OF THE WAY!”

I landed on my side. There was smoke everywhere, and debris not too far from me. I trif to look through the blast while coughing whatever was in my throat. I pushed myself up and looked behind me. Jimin was sitting up across from me and Yuri was running over to check on him. My eyes searched around the area looking for him. I could not see him and I started to panic a little. Where could he be? I finally turned around and not even ten feet away from me he was laying still on the parking lot. My heart raced as I ran towards him. I was scared, not for my life, but for his.

“Hyeri” I heard Yuri calling my name, but I ignored her and ran to him. Time seem to have stood too still for me. I felt like I was never going to reach him.

“Jungkook.” When I got to his side he was unconscious. He had a cut on his head that quickly healed. “Jungkook.” As I shook him, my eyes started to feel warm and my sight blurred. His eyes slowly opened, and I was relieved. “Are you okay?” I helped him sit up. We were staring at each other eye to eye.

“You aren’t hurt, are you?” He observed me from head to toe.

“Babo,” I yelled at him, “Why did you push me out of the way?”

“Was I supposed to let you get hurt?” he stood up like nothing happened and helped me up also. “Let hurry up and get out of here.” We walked towards Jimin and Yuri.

“Are you okay?” Yuri looked at us both.

“Of course, I am okay. Did you forget who I am?” Jungkook replied

“I wasn’t asking you. I was asking Hyeri.” She looks at me

“I’m okay. But I think we should leave this place as soon as possible.” We all got into Yuri’s car and drove back to the mansion.

 

 

Yuri left as soon as she dropped the three at the mansion. They were all greeted by Luna and Jin.

“Are you guys alright?” Jin observed all of us from head to toe.

“We ran into a little incident today.” Said Jimin, “But we are all quite alright.” Hyeri looks at Jungkook from behind.

“That good.” Jin was relieved, “You guys all go and take a rest.”

Everyone heads back to their room to rest but Luna followed Jungkook to his room.

Hyeri returned to her room and took a shower. As she took a shower she remembered how Jungkook worried for her. No one has really ever cared for her like that except Minah. At that moment it made her heart beat fast and she felt like she couldn’t breathe. Everything that had happened plays over again in her mind.

“Are you seriously thinking about that right now?” she scolds herself

 

Jungkook walked out the shower and sat on his bed. He felt a slight pain on his upper arm. He walked over to a mirror and saw the purple thorn rose.

“Who is trying to so hard to harm you?” Luna stares up at him, “We need to figure out what is going on here?” A sudden knock is heard from the other side of the door. Jungkook goes and opens the door. “Hyeri.”

“How are you feeling?”

“I’m doing fine.”

“Can I- um. Can I come in?”

“What for?” she shows him the ointment in her hands.

“I know that you healed pretty well but I’m pretty sure you are sore in those areas.” He opens the door slightly more for her to walk through. “Sit here.” She gestures at his computer chair. He hesitates to sit, so she grabs his hands and make him sit.

“You really don’t need to do this.” She presses on his shoulder, “Ow” he winced in pain

“So, you do know pain?” she chuckles a little , “Let me apply some ointment on, it is the least I can do for you after today.” He quiets down and let her apply the ointment. She light applies it on his forehead and shoulders. Everything around him became silent, all he could hear was her breathing and her heartbeat. He felt the vampire in him wanting to come out. “All done.” Her soft voice broke him out of his trance.

“Thanks.” He quickly puts his shirt on.

“Good night.” She walks out the room.

“Hyeri.” She stops and looks back at him, “Nothing.” She continues to walk to her room. Luna nudges him. “What?” she barks at him, “What can I do?”

 

Minah is running down a street and huffing looking pass her shoulder. She stops at the outskirt of the woods trying to catch her breathe. She looks around and suddenly see something come at her. She barely dodges it and throws a knife back. She ran as fast as she could into the orphanage. She closes the door right behind her and locks the door. She then puts her hand together and chanted some words.

“Sister Minah?” She was surprise to hear someone behind her. She slowly turns her head and sees Mela up. Her face was full of fear as she observed Minah. She wasn’t in her usually nun outfit, she was wearing a black t-shirt, black leather jacket, black jeans and boots.

“Mela, go back to your room.” the little girl froze in fear, “NOW!” Minah yells making the child jump. Mela slowly left the towards the hallway but didn’t let Minah leave her sight.

Minah finishes chanting the charm and a breeze went through the entire building. Minah sighs and sits on the floor. “They’re getting too close.” She looks in the direction of the bedroom. She sighs and places her face in her palms.

 

 

Hyeri cooks’ breakfast and sets the table for everyone. The boys came down one by one from their room into the dinning room. “Good morning.” The boys sat at the table, “I don’t really know what you guys like to eat so I made some soup and some side dishes. Sorry if the food doesn’t taste so good.”

“Don’t worry.” Jimin smiles, “I pretty sure it tastes great.”

“It not like we can taste it anyways.” Jungkook commented. Her smiles faded.

“Jungkook.” Jin said sternly, “that is unnecessary.”

“She should know.”

“Know what?” She was curious

“Vampires can taste little to nothing.” He smiles

“So, you guys don’t eat?”

“No, we do. We still eat some food, but not a lot.”

“So, what can you taste then?”

“Blood, of course, sweets and poison. Our taste buds are very sensitive to poison.”

“Sorry I didn’t know about that. I’ll make something different next time.” Everyone ate in silence. After breakfast Hyeri goes back to practicing. She gets a vase to levitate and flies towards her. She catches it with one hand but suddenly breaks in her hand. “I thought I was careful enough.”

“Hyeri!” she hears someone runs down stairs, Jimins head pops out from the side of the door, “Hyeri!” he looks distraught

“What is wrong?” he walks towards her and grabs her hand

“Come quick.” They run upstairs into the living room. Mela sat on the couch crying.

“Mela?”

“Hyeri- unnie.” Mela ran into Hyeri’s arm.

“What is wrong?” she held Mela at a distance, “What are you doing here? Why are you here?”

“It Sister Minah.”

“What?” Hyeri was scared, “What happened to Sister Minah?”

“Last night I went to grab a glass of water and heard a loud noise come from the front.” She took a deep breath from crying, “Sister Minah was at the front and she looked scared. She saw me and told me to go to my room. But she looked scared of something.”

“Mela get to the point.”

“I saw her on the floor this morning and she wouldn’t wake up when I tried to wake her up. I got scared and came here.”

“What about the other adults at the orphanage?”

“Everyone went away this weekend. It just me and some of the kids.” She pulls Hyeri arm, “Hurry, let’s go.”

 

 

When everyone arrives at the orphanage Minah was lying on the floor where Mela last saw her. The kids were gather around her.

“Sister Minah?” Hyeri ran to her side and held her in her arms, “Sister! What happened?” She observes Minah for any wounds. “Open your eyes.” Minah slightly opens her eye. Jimin gather the kids in a different area.

“Hyeri.” she uttered

“Who did this to you?”

“You need to get away from here.” She said weakly, “They won’t stop until they get their hand on you.”

“Who?” Minah became unconscious before answering Her, “Sister Minah.” Jimin goes and feels for a pulse.

“She is just unconscious.” He reassured her “Let’s go and put her in her room and then figure out what is going on.”

 

Yuri walks out from the room with her bag of crystals. She sighs heavily and wipes the sweat of her brow. She walks toward everyone sitting in the lobby.

“How is she?” Hyeri asked holding Mela’s hand. Yuri face was emotionless.

“She has a ton of internal wounds. Who ever was after her is powerful. I’ve never injuries quiet like these.”

“Will she be okay?”

“She will be okay. She needs a ton of rest for her to recover completely.” She looks at Hyeri, “I don’t think this place is safe anymore. We need to get these kids out of here and move Minah to a different location.”

“Why?”

“It has gotten way too dangerous for anyone to stay here. Especially if Minah had to place a safety barrier around the building.” Everyone was confused, “You guys didn’t notice the barrier around the building when you guys got here earlier.”

“I notice a strange energy around the orphanage when I got here but nothing that prevented us from getting into the building.”

“We can figure that out later. For now we need to close down the orphanage and move everyone out. I’m going to need someone to contact Dr. Kim and tell him to help us out.”

“Where would we take Minah?” asked Hyeri

“She can go with me since I am on my own in the village. We often treat the wounded so she won’t be a stranger to us.”

“Would you be okay Yuri?” Hyeri was uneasy, “I mean there are people after her and with her being injured and you being the only person able to fight, will you be okay?”

“I’ll be fine.” Yuri sighs, “Let get to work.”