Chp 9 Reveal

Forbidden

            Myungsoo’s father sat at in his office early in the morning looking over some documents. The door opens and Myungsoo and Ye Eum walks in to his office.

            “You guys haven’t left yet?” he asks Myungsoo

            “We’re are about to.” He smiles at his father, “We just came to say good-bye before we leave.” His father stood up and hugged both of them

            “Okay you guys go before traffic gets bad.”

            “Arraso appa.” Mr. Kim follows them to the car, “Appa we’re are heading out now. Remember to eat and take your meds okay?”

            “I got it. You two have a safe trip.” He looks at YeEum and smiles at her, “Take care of this kid for me.” She nods. He notices at book wrapped in a cloth next to her. “What is that?” Myungsoo looks.

            “Oh, that is something I’m dropping off at the orphanage for Hyeri before we leave.”

            “What is it?”

            “One of Hal-eomoni’s old book.” Many things went through Dr. Kim’s mind, “Appa, are you okay?”

            “Yeah, I’m fine. You should get going.”

            “Bye appa.” He drives off, but Mr. Kim has an unsettle feeling in the pit of his stomach.

 

 

            Jungkook and Jimin sat outside the room. Jin walks out the room slowly and with an exhausted face. “Is everything okay?” Jungkook stood up quickly

            “She fine.” Jin sighs, “The mark is fading and she back normal, but she is tired.”

            “Who could have done this?” Jimin wondered, “Are you sure you didn’t see anyone else besides Hyeri and Luna.”

            “I’m positive and I know for sure that it wasn’t her either. She was terrified when I got to Luna.”

            “I’m gonna go and ask her some questions.” Jungkook was furious.

            “Jungkook, no.” Jimin stops Jungkook from leaving, “She is probably scared out of her mind right now. Give her some time.”    

            “Hyung, for all we know she could be the one that did this.”

            “How could she? She is human.”

            “You don’t know that.” Jungkook yell

            “Why do you think it is her?” Jin looks at him

            “She was the only person there when it happened. The fact that it happened right in front of the house isn’t a coincidence either.”

            “Hyeri won’t even hurt a fly, why would she hurt Luna.” Said Jimin

            “Because she knows what we are.” The boys were confused, “I wasn’t careful yesterday and might have accidently let it slip that we are vampires.”

            “Jungkook, what have you done?”

            “That is why I’m gonna go over there right now.” Jungkook dashes out of the house.

 

 

            Hyeri sat down on a chair staring at both Minah and Julia. She still didn’t understand what was going on. She was distraught and confused. Julia held her hand and tried to calm her down.

            “What do you mean I’m-.” Hyeri got quiet fast, “No,” she stood up and backed away from both the ladies. She is shaking and scared.

            “Hyeri.” Minah tries to walk towards her, “Listen to me.”

            “No.” she puts her hand out and a vase goes flying against the wall. Everyone was shocked. Hyeri became more terrified of what she can do, “Stay away from me!”

            “Hyeri you need to calm down.” Julia and Minah both didn’t move from their position, “Listen to us.” Minah said slowly, “You won’t hurt us, I promise you that.”

            “Please.” Hyeri cries, “Please just stay away from me.” Minah tries to approach her again. Hyeri gets scared and puts her hand out again, making Minah fly across the room. Myungsoo walks in and catches Minah in mid-air and results in both of them crashing to the floor. Minah stood up quick to see what soften her fall.

            “Myungsoo.” She was surprise, “Are you okay?”

            “Sister Minah, what is going on here?” Julia and Minah helps him up, and he sees Hyeri on the other side of the room terrified. “Hyeri.” He tries to approach her but is stopped by Julia and Minah, “What is wrong with her?” his heart pained to see his friend suffer, “Tell me what is going on?”

            “Something happened this morning that got Hyeri upset.” Said Julia

            “So, upset that she throws Sister Minah across the room?” he was becoming upset, “Hyeri-ah.” He walks to her

            “Stop.” She yells, “Don’t come any closer.” She was leaning up against the wall, keeping herself away from them, “I don’t want to hurt you either.”

            “Hyeri, you aren’t going to hurt me.” He said softly

            “You don’t know that.” She said through her trembling voice.

            “I know my best friend and I know you won’t hurt me.” He started to approach her slowly with his hand out, “C’mon, let talk about it,” Just as he was getting closer to her Jungkook showed up. Everyone’s eyes were on him.

            “Where is Hyeri?” he was so frustrated himself that he didn’t notice everyone’s terrified look. He looked around the room and saw Hyeri on the other side of the room. He pushes Myungsoo aside and walks towards her, “We need to talk.”

            “Don’t come any closer.” She scoots away from him

            “Jungkook, stop.” Minah warned him, but he didn’t listen and continued to approach her. Myungsoo goes and hold Jungkook back.

            “Let me go.”

            “You need to stop. She is scared.”

            “I wouldn’t care if she was dying.” He shoves Myungsoo, “I just want to know what happened to Luna.” He walks towards her and with one quick motion of her hand she freezes him in his position. He was surprised, he couldn’t move any part of his body, “Yah, let -.” Before he could finish his sentence Hyeri fell to the floor.

            “Hyeri-ah.” Myungsoo ran to her side and Jungkook became unfrozen. Yuri walks into the room and saw how messy it was. She ran to the crowd that gathered up around Hyeri. Hyeri was unconscious in Jungkook’s arm and as pale as a ghost.

            “Take her to her bed.” They all look at Yuri confuse, “Take her to her bed now. I’ll meet you there.” Jungkook carries her to her room and laid her down; everyone including Jungkook followed. Yuri rushes in with a bag. She places the bag on the lampstand and takes out three crystals, placing one at Hyeri’s feet and the other two by her head.

            “What are you doing?” Myungsoo asks

            “I’m casing a spell on her.”

            “A spell? You are a witch.”

            “Yes, and yes. And if you are wondering I’m just casing an invigorating spell. I’m not harming her whatsoever.” Yuri drop a drop off water in her hand, moves her hand over Hyeri’s body slowly, and under her breath she mumble some words and a blue barrier forms around Hyeri. “I need everyone to leave this room until she wakes. She can’t be disturbed if she is to recover fully.”

            Everyone left the room and gather into the room where everyone was earlier. YeEum was now sitting with Myungsoo and everyone else. Minah explained the situation to everyone.

            “So Hyeri is a witch?” Minah reply to Myungsoo with a nod, “Why didn’t you let anyone know?”

            “Hyeri’s family history is a very complicated situation.” Minah sighs, “Hyeri is very special.”

            “I don’t understand.”

            “Hyeri’s grandfather was the son of a great Lykan and her grandmother was the daughter of a powerful wizard. Everyone in the three kingdom knows that it is forbidden for clans to marry each other for the fear of war, but that didn’t stop them. They eventually ran off with each other and disappeared. They lived a life of constantly running. They both were executed, but not before leaving behind a daughter, Boa” she looks Yuri, “Your aunt. She was left in the care of your grandmother and grew up with your father. She became a beautiful and powerful witch, but as soon as she turned 16, she noticed somethings off about herself. Like every Lykan she couldn’t touch silver and was able to communicate to animal. She was told the truth eventually by her foster mother and ran into the forest disgusted with herself.” Minah sat down, “As she wept in the forest she was confronted by a boy. He too was an outcast, for not wanting to do what his people did. They both met up every night in the forest to talk and vent to each other and eventually fell in love. When she turned 21 many suitors, not knowing her heritage, asked for her hand in marriage but she refused to marry anyone else beside the young man. They found out she was pregnant and asked her to abort the child, but she refused so she ran off with the young man.” Everyone was listening closely to the story.

            “I thought that my family found her.” Said Yuri

            “They did.” She nods, “They found what was left of her.”

            “What do you mean?”

            “One stormy night, they both appeared on the very steps of this orphanage tired and exhausted. She was very pregnant and ready to go into labor. Her husband by her side. I knew they wouldn’t be able to make it to the hospital, so we let her have her child here. After giving birth, she had her husband take the orb and placed it far away from here. She was weak and knew she wasn’t going to last. She asked the person in charged at the time to take care of Hyeri. By the time her father got back Hyeri’s mother was gone. He took her body and never came back for Hyeri.”

            “How do you know all this?” ask Yuri, “How do you know so much?”

            “For the same reason I know who and what everyone in this room is capable of.” She smiles

            “Was her father a supernatural being too?” ask Ye Eum

            “Why would you ask that?” ask Myungsoo

            “Because I don’t understand why they both would only meet at night and why she would run off with him instead of just telling everyone who he was, if he was human.”

            “That because they couldn’t.” said Yuri, “isn’t that right Sister Minah?”

            “The blood that runs through Hyeri’s veins are very special, only she possesses the power for great things.”

            “What are you saying?” Jungkook asked

            “I’m pretty sure you’ve heard stories about one of your relative Jungkook.” She smiles, “Think back…is there anyone that went missing about 22 years ago for no reason.” Jungkook felt the blood rushing through his vein as he thought through, “There is isn’t there?”

            “Nam Joon-hyung.” He mumbled under his breath, “You aren’t saying-.”

            “Hyeri’s appa was your cousin’s fiancé.”

            “You’re lying!”

            “You can believe what you want, but what I am saying is the truth. Hyeri is the daughter of Kim Nam-Joon and Kwon Boa.”

            “So…” Myungsoo was dumbfounded, “You are saying that Hyeri is a descendent of the three most powerful line of the three clans.” Everyone was astonished and speechless.

            “I’m afraid so.” She sighs, “Her mother was scared that her powers would get her into trouble so before she passed she sealed Hyeri’s power to her spell book. She wanted Hyeri to live a life without magic, like a human. Even with the sea,l her powers leaked little by little. Last night she released those powers without knowing.”

            “Let me ask one thing.” Everyone’s eye was on Jungkook, “Is she capable of hurting anyone?”

            “I’m not saying that it is impossible.”

            “That all I needed to hear.” Jungkook stops her mid-sentence and walks away.

            “Where are you going?” Myungsoo stands up.

            “I’m going to go question her.” Before he could step out of the room the doors closed by themselves. He tries to open the door and looks back.

            “I won’t let you hurt her.” Yuri stared at him

            “Release your spell, witch.”

            “I’ve searched for her for the longest time, and I won’t let some blood thirsty Vampire harm her. You also have no proof that she was the one that harmed Luna.”

            “Proof?” Jungkook scoffs, “Since you are a witch you should know that whenever a wiccan casts a spell it leaves a mark. There was a mark left on Luna body, and if it is her mark I won’t be so forgiving.”

            “How did the mark look like?”

            “It was a purplish symbol with a thorn rose.”

            “It wasn’t her.” Minah walks towards them, “This is her symbol.” Minah lifted the side of her shirt. On the side of her rib was a black trinity symbol. She puts her shirt down, “This is from when she threw me earlier.”

            “There.” Yuri said, “You have your answer.” Jungkook was dumbfounded and didn’t say a single word.

            “Sister Minah! Sister Minah!” a voice yelled from the other side of the door. Yuri released the spell and Mela ran in.

            “What is it little one?”

            “I saw Hyeri-unnie running away. She looked very scared.