Chp 21 Herstory

Forbidden

            Yuri sat in the room with keeping an eye on the two that were in their dream state. There was no sign that either of the two were coming out anytime soon. She was getting anxious and scared. She starts to pace around the room.

            “What should I do?” she looks at her books and found nothing, “Please wake up soon Hyeri-a.”

 

-----

            Hyeri was helping MinSoo cook breakfast as Mee fixed the table. It was a small wooden table that could be folded away. Minsoo observed the way Hyeri handled a knife.

            “Wow.” He let the word slip out of his mouth out of amazement, “Where did you learn to cook?”

            “I was actually  self-taught.”

            “Self-taught?” he looked confused, “Why? Did your mother not teach you how to cook?”

            “My mom…” she paused “I don’t have a mom. I was left at an orphanage” MinSoo regretted his question.

            “Mianhae.” he felt sorry.

            “Don’t be sorry. She probably had her own reason why she gave up on me.” She gave him a soft smile, “But I guess it was a blessing in disguise. If she didn’t leave me then I would have never known or met the people that care for me so much even though they aren’t related to me.”

            “What about him?” he pointed at Jin

            “Hmm?” she was confused at his question

            “Your friend from the river.”

            “Jin-oppa?” she shook her head, “I was actual his dog walker, I got to know him and his brothers and we all became acquainted.” The thought of Jungkook came into her mind. She felt discomfort in her chest.

            “Are you okay?” Minsoo asked

            “I’m fine.”

            -----

            Jungkook and the rest of the guys sat in the living room anxious. No one said a single word nor did anything. It been over an hour since they all left the room and there was nothing but silence.

            “Myungsoo-a.”  Everyone had their eyes on Jungkook, “Can I ask you something?”         

            “I’ll answer you if I can.”

            “What are your feelings towards Hyeri?” Everyone was surprised at the sudden question. Dr. Lee just kept his mouth close and let the young one duke it out. Myungsoo gave Jungkook a serious stare.

            “Hyeri and I are childhood friends. Nothing more.”

            “Is that really all it is?” Myungsoo sat up in his chair and stares Jungkook in the eyes.

            “Why are you so worried about Hyeri and I, when you should be worrying about your brother who is in a comatose state?”

            “I’m just wanted to remind you, a married man, not to play with other people’s heart.”

            “I’m faithful to YeEum. Unlike you blood drinking bastards who takes almost anyone you laid your eyes on as your wife.” He clear his throat, “Let me rephrase that, wives.” As soon as he said that Jinin’s eye dart onto Jungkook. Jungkook’s eyes were enrage with fury.

            “Umm guys.” Jimin broke the awkwardness, “Let no talk about this right now. How about we check on how the situation is upstairs.”

            “Don’t disturb them.” Dr.Lee said sternly. All the boys just looked at him, “If you go in there right now we don’t know what will happen.”

----

            After breakfast Mee was doing laundry outside the cave. She was stepping on the clothes inside the basin. Hyeri walks over to her and stops her.

            “Mee-ssi, you shouldn’t be doing the laundry.”

            “It okay this isn’t hard.” Hyeri just shook her head and helped Mee out of the large basin and helped her sit down.

            “I can do it. You are too pregnant to be doing all this.” Hyeri rolls up her pants and steps inside the basin and start stomping.

            “Why didn’t you let Minsoo-ssi do this?”

            “He works so hard every day, laundry is the least I can do in this state.” She had a warm smile, “Hyeri-ssi thank you for helping me out.”

            “Ani.” She smiles, “Thank you and MinSoo-ssi for helping me and my friend out. ” She sighs, “I don’t know what would have happened to him if you guys weren’t here.”

            “Don’t worry. He wake up soon. I gave him some herbal medicine earlier. He should be up sooner or later.” Hyeri freaks out a little, “Don’t worry. The medication won’t harm him in anyway. I made sure.” Hyeru was trying to catch on.

            “Yesterday you told me that you and Minsoo-ssi broke a rule.”

            “We did.” She had a warm smile

            “What did you guys do that was so terrible that you guys are being chased out?” Mee sat there and took a big sigh.

            “Have you ever heard that love can make a person blind?” her face lighted up, “Minsoo and I met at a ball. I didn’t know who he was, but apparently he knew me. We were never supposed to fall in love but we did. We ignored the rules of our families. We tried to keep it as a secret for as long as we could but I got pregnant. We both knew then that is was a matter of time before our families found out. So we ran for our lives, but  I don’t know how much longer I can.”

            “Can’t you make your families understand?”

            “Our families are not the type to understand this situation.”

            “What are you guys going to do? You can’t keep living in this condition, especially with a little one on the way.”

            “That something we have always wondered about. The baby can come any day now and we don’t have a clue about what we are going to do next.”

            “What if they find you?”

            “We will fight to our death.”

            “Mee-,” there is shuffling coming in their direction. Hyeri sees Jin stumbling out of the cave walking towards them, “Jin.” She rushes towards him. He stumbles and falls onto his knees.

            “Hyeri, what are you doing here?” he asked weakly

            “I’ll explain later when you get your strength back.” Mee walks over to check up on him.

            “You should rest, you just got up.” Mee smiles, “I’ll cook you up something to eat.”

            “Sorry for bothering you.” He bows slightly to her as she enters the cave. Hyeri helps Jin sit down. “What are you doing here?” he was still confuse about why she was there.

            “I came to take you back.” She pats his hand, “Your brothers were so worried they called Dr. Lee, but he couldn’t do anything. So I suggest that I enter your dream and came here.”

            “How did you find me?” Hyeri raises her hand to show Jin. He stares at her empty hand, “Am I supposed to see something?” she moves her index finger and he felt a tug on his finger.

            “I tied a string to your finger before I entered your dream state, so it would be easier to find you.” She sighs, “Why do you tell me how you ended up in the river?” Jin lowers his head,

            “I’ve been watching over them since I got here.” Hyeri was confused

            “Watching over who?”

            “The couple.” He sighs, “I’ve been watching them for about a month now. I tried getting out but I couldn’t. Every time I went in one direction I ended up back here or somewhere close to them. That when I decided that I was probably here for them. The group of people chasing them isn’t their clansman, it they looked like Hunters.  I notice someone was close to catching them so I lured that person away but I fell into the water instead.”

            “You said that you’ve been here for a month?” he nods, “You only been in your dream state for about two and a half days.”

            “Hyeri.” He got closer to her “ There is  a reason why we are here. Since you were able to enter here and no one else. I think you are the reason.”

            “If I meant to be here, why are you here?”

            “My premonition ability is the reason why I am here. I think you are the reason why all this is happening. If you don’t figure out why this is happening. I don’t think we can leave.”

CRASH!!!!!!

            They both look at each other and rushes towards the cave. When they got there it was a mess, the table was turned over and food was all over the floor. Hyeri scan the cave for Mee, but there was no sight of.

            “This is bad.” Hyeri felt the adrenaline in her body rush, “We have to find her?” she rushes back out. MinSoo runs into them, carrying a log over his shoulder. He notice Hyeri’s anxious look. Jin catches up to her.

            “What the matter? You look like you’re in a rush to go somewhere.” He notices Jin, “looks like your friend is up too.”

            “Minsoo-ssi.” Her voice quivered

            “What is it?”

            “Something happened to Mee. She was in the cave cooking something for Jin to eat while we were doing laundry outside. We suddenly heard a loud crash and we rushed back - ,” Minsoo didn’t wait for her to finish her sentence. He drops his log and rushes into he cave. He looks everywhere in the cave for her.

            “MEE!” he runs out the cave, “Someone came and took her. We have to find her. She can have her baby any day now.”   

            Hyeri closes her eyes and tried to focus Mee’s voice. She tried listening pass all the trees and animals that were making noises throughout the forest.

            “What is she doing?” Minsoo was anxious, “I don’t have time for this.”

            “Hold on a second.” Jin holds onto Minsoo’s shoulder, “Just give her a second.” The forest quiet down for Hyeri. She focused on Mee’s breathing and heart. As soon as she located her  she ran towards that direction. MinSoo and Jin follows her. She look all around but to hard to find her.

            “Let me go.” She hears Mee from a different direction.

            “Mee.” Minsoo heard her, “Mee!” he run in the direction of her voice

            “Minsoo-oppa! I’m over here.” She yells out. They all ran in that direction. Not too far up ahead Mee was being taken by a group of people.

            “Let her go!” Minsoo shouted as he ran towards them. Right in front of their eyes he turned into a large grey wolf with blue eyes. He starts attacking them one by one.

            “No way.” Hyeri said under her breath. Mee was still struggling to get out of the men’s grasp when suddenly one of them went flying. She surprise when she saw Hyeri running towards her and the other guy went flying with a swift move of her hand. “Let’s hurry up and go.” Hyeri grabs onto Mee’s hand they ran towards where Jin was. MinSoo also retreated when he saw Mee in safe hands. Jin helped Mee onto Minsoo’s back and they ride off together. When they got far enough from the men they came to a stop.

            “Who are you guys?” MinSoo asked after transforming back. He held onto Mee helping her stay on her feet.

            “Jin and I are supernatural being.” Hyeri told them, “We won’t hurt you guys.”

            “How do we know that you guys are telling the truth?”

            “You are just going to have to believe us. We promise that we won’t harm you.” Hyeri tries to reassure them, “How about this, as soon as we know that you two are safe we’ll leave you.” Mee felt a sudden pain come from her abdomen.

            “Oppa.” She groans in pain.

            “What is wrong Mee?” He begins to panic.

            “I think the baby is coming.”

            “what?” Mee begins to lose the strength in her legs due to the pain. Hyeri rushes to her side.

            “We need to get her to somewhere safe and quickly before the baby gets her.”

---

            Somewhere in cabin there sat a younger YeonSeok. He was facing the fire in front of him. A couple of men walked before him with their head hanging low.

            “what happened?”

            “We are sorry sire, we had the girl in our hands but then the wolf came and saved her.”

            “You couldn’t take care of a pregnant girl and her dog?”

            “It wasn’t just that sire.” The other guy stuttered, “there was another girl and boy with them too. She also had powers stronger than we have ever seen. She was attacking our men and helping the couple escape.” YeonSeok stood up

            “Who and or what is this girl?”

            “We don’t know sire. We have never seen her before.”

            “I suggest you guys find out.” YeonSeok looks annoyed, “They are probably expecting us to go after them again soon so hold off. The girl should be giving birth soon, that means she’ll be weak. Bring me the child, kill anyone who stands in your way.”

            “Yes sir.” They were about to leave the room

            “Wait.”

            “Yes sir.”

            “Make sure to bring the silver bullet bomb as well. That dog needs to be taught a lesson.”

---

            Jungkook gets worried and walks up the stairs to check up on the current condition. He knock on the door and Yuri crack it open just enough to see who is was.

            “Jungkook,” she tries to calm her voice down, “what is it?”

            “How is everything going? It been about three hours and you’ve not come down to update us at all?”

            “Umm…” she looks back at the two behind her

            “What is the matter?” he got a quick look into the room and sees Hyeri sleeping on the ground next to Jin. He pushes the door open and walks in.

            “JungKook.” She stop him from messing with the two, “stop!”

            “What is going on here?” he couldn’t keep his eyes off Hyeri, “Why is Hyeri unconscious?”

            “She entered Jin’s dream state to bring him back.”

            “What is taking so long?”

            “I don’t know.” Yuri was clueless.

            “Put me into the dream state too.”

            “I’ve never put anyone into the dream state before.”

            “Hyeri’s never done it before either and she succeeded. That means you can do it too.” Jungkook goes and lays down next to Hyeri.

            “Jungkook, please don’t do. It is very dangerous. If I don’t do this right you can get stuck.”

            “As long as there is a chance I can help her I’m willing to put my life on the line.” Yuri sighs out of frustration and begins. She goes and grab a red string and grab a strand of Hyeri’s hair and burn it with the candle while dangling the red string over it. She then ties it to his pinky and the other end to Hyeri’s.

            “Close your eyes and think about Hyeri, you’ll eventually arrive where she is.” She sets two candles next to him, “Relax and really focus to the sound of my voice. As I count down, my voice will fade and you’ll arrive. 10…9…8…7…” Her voice began to fade and he felt himself leave his body, “6…5…4…”

            “3,2,1 Push!” he hears someone else voice. Jungkook open his eyes and sees that he is surrounded by trees. It was dark and the only light could see was the moon and an orange light coming from a distant. “Push, Mee you have to push.” He follows the voice and lands in a campsite.

            “Ahh!” Jungkook hid within the bushes and observe.

            “Mee just one more push.” Jungkook notice Jin and another man standing outside the tent made of leaves and branches.

            “Minsoo-ssi, don’t worry she’ll be alright.” Jin reassured Minsoo.  With that Mee gave one more scream followed with a strong cry from a baby. Minsoo was so relieved and happy.

            “It’s a girl.” Hyeri called from inside the tent, “It a strong baby girl.” Minsoo enters the tent. Hyeri was washing the blood off of the baby gitl. Minsoo went to Mee’s side and gave her a kiss.

            “You did great.” He was almost in tears, “You did great.” Hyeri walks over and hands Mee the baby.             At the sight of the child Mee and MinSoo were in tears.

            “She is perfect.” She whispers and kisses the baby on the head, “What should we name her?”

            “I didn’t really think about it.” Minsoo smiles, “What about you? Did you think of anything?”

            “How about Boa?” Mee smiles, “It means precious, treasure and rare. She is going to be one of a kind.” Hyeri heart skipped a beat.

            “Boa.” Minsoo smiles while looking at the baby, “My little diamond in the rough.” Hyeri left the two after cleaning up. As she stepped out of the tent Jin met her.

            “How are the mother and child doing?”

            “They are doing just fine.” She wipes her hand, “Jin if you are this worried, I wonder how you are going to be if you and Luna ever have a child.” Jin and Hyeri just chuckles.

            “I don’t want to imagine.” He sighs, “I’ll probably be pulling my hair out.” Hyeri burst out laughing. Her laughing got silent as a thought came to her head, “What is wrong?”

            “Nothing.”

            “You’re thinking about your mother aren’t you?”

            “You stay here and keep an eye on them. I’m gonna go and grab more water to heat up for the baby.”            

            “I can do that.”

            “You just woke up this morning, don’t push yourself too much.” She grabs the bucket and head towards the river. She fills up the bucket and sets it aside. She sat and watch the river run and glisten in the moonlight. A tear drop fell from her face, “Umma…I didn’t know how hard it was for you to come into this world and yet you left this world while doing the same for me.” she tries to smile through the heartache, “Grandma and grandpa loved you so much. They are such loving caring people. I’m sorry you never really got to know them.”

            SNAP

            “Who is there?” she looks behind herself and sees no one, “Come out before I hurt you.” She hears another twig snaps and she quickly levitates the person from behind the bush. Jungkook goes flying from the bush. “Omo.” Hyeri goes and tries to catch Jungkook. He lands on top of her making her fall on her back and winces in pain, “Apa.”

            “Hyeri, gwaechana?” she slightly opens her eyes, “Hyeri.” There faces were not that far from each other. His face was full of worry while her heart was beating and somewhat ached. He gets off her and helps her up.

            “Jungkook, what are you doing here?”

            “I was worried you might being doing something stupid so I asked Yuri to bring me here.” They both sat down, “Are you okay?” he touches the back of her head. She felt her face heat up.

            “I’m fine.” She stands up, “Who told you to be so heavy.”

            “Who was the one that levitated me from behind the bush?”

            “No one told you to hid behind some bush in the middle of the night.” Jungkook stood up.

            “I was making sure that you were okay and not get attacked by some unknown creature.” He sighs.

            “Wow such a gentleman.” She said sarcastically and laughs.

             “We should get back.” He grabs the bucket.

            “I got it.” She tries to take the bucket from him.

            “I got it. You just bumped your head on the ground. This is something man should do anyways.” He takes a hold of her hand and began to walk up the hill.

            “What are you doing?”

            “I’m being a gentleman.” He smirks and just walk back towards the campsite with a huge smile on his face.