Chp14 Tribulations

Forbidden

Hyeri took a walk by herself in the park to take a break from the others. As she walked by she observed everyone that was in the park; the kids playing soccer, parents watching their kids on the playground and couples walking around together.

“I can only wish for such things.” The memories of her and Myungsoo was in her mind. They use to come out and play soccer all the time. She walks towards the soccer field, sat down and watch the little league plays. She was lost in the time as she enjoyed the game. She smiels

“We know you who you are.” She was startled by whisper. She looks arounds but there was no one near her. She shrugged off the feeling and pays attention to the game again. “We need you…dal.” She feels a hand on her shoulder making her jump.

“What are you doing here?” Myungsoo had a worried look on his face, “You shouldn’t even be out here on your own.”

“I was just walking around for some fresh air.” She stood up with a smile and tucks her hair behind her ear, “When did you get back?”

“I just got back a day or two ago. We cut our vacation short after father called us about Sister Minah. I didn’t want you to be alone during these times. Ye Eum and I came right away.” Her smile fades

“Myungsoo-oppa…” she sighs

“What is wrong?” He looked worried. She felt a tug on her heart. Should she tell him or not. “Are you feeling ok?”

“Yeobo.” YeEum runs towards them with food. She hands him a sandwich and a bottle of water and one for Hyeri. “This is for you. Myungsoo asked me to buy extra for you.”

“thank you Ye Eum.” She took the food

“Hyeri!” she see Jungkook and Jimin jogging towards her. “Why didn’t you let anyone know where you were going?” Jimin asked her. Jungkook avoid eye contact with her.

“I knew if I told you guys that I wanted to walkout alone you guys would have stopped me.” She tried to smile, “So I snuck out and took a walk in the park. I was watching the little kids practice when I met up with Myungsoo and YeEum.”

“Please just let someone know next time. You know that you aren’t safe.” The soccer ball rolls over and hits her foot. A little girl in a soccer uniform runs to her. Hyeri picked up the ball and hands it to her.

“Thank you unnie.” She takes the ball from her and looks back at her friends. “Unnie did you want to play with us?”

“Sure.” The little girl look at the four people behind Hyeri

“You guys can play too if you want.” She took Hyeri’s hand and walked towards the field.

 

“Did you want to play?” Myungsoo asked Ye Eum

“It’s okay. You go ahead, I’m bad at playing soccer. I’ll sit here and watch.” Myungsoo takes off his jacket and puts it around YeEum and then entered the field. Jungkook and Jimin looked at each other, debating if they should enter the field.

“Are you go in?” Jimin rolled up his pants legs

“You’re really going in?” Jungkook hesitates.

“It’s once in while that I get to play a soccer game.” Jimin walks towards the field.

“You should go on and play.” Jungkook looks at Ye Eum, “It’s once in a while where you get to play with other outside of your environment.”

“I don’t know what you mean.” Jungkook acted sly.

“People, like you, with such high status and always had a sliver spoon in your mouth, it’s hard. You guys are taught to be proper and never make a mistake because your kind is watching. They are waiting for you to mess up so that they can step on you and bring you down. But here, there is no one but us, even if they are around here, they are the type to only care about themselves and wants to blend in with the humans.”

“So you all of a sudden know everyone so well?”

“I know no one. I’m just telling you what I see.” She smiles at him, “Right now I see a girl who trying to find out who she really is, a wolf trying to lead his pack, one vampire who is trying to lead and the other,” she looks at him, “who wants to have nothing to do with it.”

“What about you?” Jungkook brows arched, “What do you see in yourself?”

“I have nothing. I was born from two wolves and to my luck I didn’t gain any of their abilities. Umma said it was because I was a weak child so the Lykan deities didn’t bless me with any abilities. So now my only goal in life is to follow and support my husband in whatever he does.”

“In whatever he does?” she nods, “So what if he tries to take over the world?”

“I’ll stand behind him.”

“Even if he kills.” He looked into YeEum’s eyes. There was no doubt in her expression that she would leave him, “Why?”

“There is no words to describe why.”

“There are so many words in the world and you say you can’t even describe it to me.” She smiles

“It is so sad that at your age you don’t what I’m talking about. It must be miserable to live so long and not even know.” She shook her and took a deep breath, “What about this, have you ever been in a relationship?”

“Of course, who do you think I am.”

“Now here is the real question,” she said softly, “did you ever truly love anyone of them?”

“Love?” he chuckles, “You’ve been talking about love this whole entire time? You’ll stand behind that man because of love. You’re crazy.”

“You’ll know what I mean later in your life, hopefully it won’t be too late by then.”

 

 

Hyeri walked out of the bathroom with a towel draped around her shoulder. Her heart felt heavy and her mind was full of questions of why. She took a huge sigh, “Hyeri-ah you should be happy for him.” she walks towards her desk and knocks over a box of book over. She gets down and picks up the books. As she puts the books back into the box she comes across an old leather cover book. On the cover was a five-fold knot. “Isn’t this a Lykan symbol?” She gets up and sits on her bed with the book. As she ran her fingers over the cover she felt a surge of energy. She walks over to the desk and began to read.

 

Weeks had past and there was no signs of an attack. The brothers have gone through great length to figure out who is behind the attack but it led to a dead end. Minah had disappear after being healed and no one knows where she had gone. Hyeri works to get as strong as she could and still trying to figure out the mystery of her birth. Her life slowly went back to normal but what was consider normal for someone like her.

Hyeri stood in the middle of the garden with a blindfold. Around the garden there were a ton timers that were going to go off at different times. She had to guess the location of the all the clocks and which one went off first.

“This is so hard!” she huffed and puffed as she took off her blindfold

“That is because you are concentrating too hard on things that are not necessary.” Jungkook walk to her “the point of listening is to be able to differentiate noise and find what you are actually looking for.” She ignored him and went and restarted all the timers. “When you listen, listen with a clear mind, when you are too focus you miss things.” She was so confused. With her hand on her hips she walked towards him.

“Can I ask you a question?” he looks at her “Why?”

“Because I have been using my listening ability for as long as I have lived. So I know best.”

“That is not what I am asking?”

“What are you asking?” she look straight into his brown orbs and it shown no emotion. Did he not remember what happened not too long ago. He acted like it didn’t even matter, nor did he ever apologize to her.

“never mind.” She sighs, “Thanks for the tip.” She goes back and leaves Jungkook confused. She places her blindfold on her eyes and spun around a couple of times. She took a couple of seconds to calm down; she took a deep breath and relaxed her mind. Everything around her went silent, the birds, the bug, eventually all she heard was the wind; even that faded away. It was total silence. She heard the timer go off and one by one. She levitated the timer to her quickly. She took off her blindfold and was satisfied with her result. “Why are you still here?” Jungkook stood where she had left him.

“How did you know?” He stated

“You never left.” She was putting her stuff away in a box.

“So you heard me?”

“I heard your breathing.” She picks up the box, “I also didn’t hear you move.” He watches her pass by him, with little to no expression.

“Go Hyeri-ssi mianhae!” She stop as he yells her name, “Jinja mianhae.” He said in a softer voice, “I shouldn’t have said those things to you. I…” the memory of Jimin and her smiling came back to him, “ I was just in a ty mood. It is awkward especially because we both are living in the same house and we aren’t speaking to each other. Can we go back to friendlier terms?” he couldn’t see it but she was smiling as she walked off. “Yah Hyeri-ssi.” He followed her inside.

“Hyeri.” Jin was inside by the kitchen island

“Ne?” she puts her box on the counter. Jungkook comes in right after her,

“Oh good you’re here too.” Jin smile

“What is it?”

“We just got an invitation to the Mayor’s party this weekend. Appa wants the three of us to attend.”

“So why did you need me?”

“Mrs. Julia wanted you to attend in Minah’s place.”

“ But the orphanage is no longer open.”

“She wants you to represent it still. It has been a part of this community for so long. Also because HaNeul has been asking for Mela and you. She asked for you to bring her along.”

“I’ll go and fetch for Mela tomorrow and have her ready for the party.”

“I’ll go with you.” Jungkook said suddenly

“I can go myself. There hasn’t been an attack in almost a month.”

“That is what I am worried about. They are probably waiting for us to let our guards down and then attack. So I am going with you, no protesting.”

“Fine, but under on condition.”

“What?”

“No stupid dog, wolf, lykan, anything pertaining to a canine comment. Everyone there knows me well, and bringing in a vampire is already like a taboo.”

“Everyone already knows me there.”

“Even if everyone knows you there, it doesn’t mean you get to act out. Arraso?”

“Arasso.” He hesitated, but his eyes did catch the smile that was on her face. It made him to see that they were on somewhat good terms again. Jin could tell by the way his younger brother looked at Hyeri, there was something going on.

“Why are we gathering around here?” Jimin places his arm around Jin’s shoulder. Jungkook acts like he wasn’t looking at Hyeri and pays attention to Jimin.

“We were invited to the Mayor’s annual ball and Hyeri here had a special request from the Mayor’s wife to attended this event with little Mela. We were discussing who would go and fetch the little girl.”

“I can go.” Jimin volunteered.

“Actually they already volunteered to go.” Jimin looks at the two that stood across from him.

“I’ll tag along. The more the merrier.” Jimin smiled from ear to ear.

“I like that idea.” Hyeri gladly agreed. Jungkook looks at her astonished at the way she responded to when he volunteered verses Jimin. “Were heading out tomorrow at dawn.” She looks at the pair, “If you two aren’t up by then, I’ll without you. I’m going to go pack.” She left the brothers in a cheerful mood.

 

As she head downstairs at dawn the brothers were standing downstairs waiting for her. Both dressed in a casual t-shirt and jeans. The boys were astonished at how cute Hyeri looked in a jersey, jean shorts and a high pony.

“Alright lets head out.” She walks pass the boys and towards the door.

“Jungkook.” Jimin looks at Jungkook’s hand. “You forgot your ring.” Hyeri looks back at the boys.

“Oh thank hyung. You to head out to the car and I’ll be right out.” Jungkook ran back upstairs. Jimin walks out towards the door where Hyeri was waiting.

“Where did Jungkook go?”

“He went back upstairs to get his ring.” Jimin opens the door, “He told us to head out the car first.” Hyeri steps outside followed by Jimin.

“What is so special about a ring?” she asked Jimin.

“You’ve never notice the ring before?” she shook her head, “I’m surprised you never heard about the ring. Every vampire has one. It what protects us.”

*What do they need protection from. They are already so strong*, Hyeri thought to herself

“Alright I’m ready.” Jungkook was huffing and puffing when he got to the door, “What are you two still doing at the door? You guys should already be in the car.”

“We were doing some small talk.” Jimin looks back at Jungkook, “Let head out.” He looks at Hyeri, “Kaja.”